Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] (30171 Views)

Ideal (18+) [book 4 Of Xav-verse] [completed] / Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by Kechbeau: 8:00pm On May 29, 2020
I have refreshed more than 10times today
Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by imightnotexist: 10:59pm On May 29, 2020
Kechbeau:
I have refreshed more than 10times today
you'll have to bear with me..I'm very sorry........the weekend will present some free time

2 Likes

Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by imightnotexist: 5:33pm On May 30, 2020
Book Published

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by Ann2012(f): 1:41am On May 31, 2020
What could the problem be

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by aprilwise(m): 8:29am On May 31, 2020
Runs girls go mental disorder in their lines of work. Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by Kechbeau: 1:43pm On May 31, 2020
nice one,wat could be wrong with her?

1 Like

Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by imightnotexist: 11:57pm On Jun 02, 2020
Book Published

2 Likes

Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by Mario1983(m): 7:11am On Jun 03, 2020
lovely write up got me hooked

1 Like

Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by Kechbeau: 7:27am On Jun 03, 2020
thank you for the update

1 Like

Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by aprilwise(m): 10:34am On Jun 03, 2020
This update is quit emotional. It more like a true life story. Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by imightnotexist: 12:51am On Jun 04, 2020
Book Published

5 Likes

Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by aprilwise(m): 11:49am On Jun 04, 2020
I'm enjoying every bit of this story. Well done
Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by Ann2012(f): 7:00pm On Jun 06, 2020
Well done OP
Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by chosenp: 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
very interested story...pls keep them coming
Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by imightnotexist: 12:12am On Jun 11, 2020
i'm back!
Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by imightnotexist: 12:12am On Jun 11, 2020
Book Published

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by Ann2012(f): 8:01am On Jun 11, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by OPC90(m): 9:50am On Jun 11, 2020
God is cooking up something good for you... Grab it while you have the opportunity.

Thanks for the update
Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by Kechbeau: 3:34pm On Jun 11, 2020
i just wish she starts on a new sheet with this doctor guy..the guy could be her saviour
Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by REALretep(m): 1:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
imightnotexist:
What followed was a loud laugh from Amaka. It seemed very well that I was being played for a fool. I scratched my head in confusion, wondering how best to begin my angry rant. “Clara broke her waist. Only God knows what the Aboki put inside his dick”. The confusion vanished in an instance, but it just left me with more questions. But it just left with more questions. I was there that night. And as much as the old man was putting all his effort, there was no way in hell Amaka could’ve gotten any waist strain from the romp. In the long pause between my next reply I struggled hard to fir these pieces together. Maybe Amaka was in on the whole thing and was trying to feign ignorance. Maybe Amaka was not in any of it, and Clara was trying to save face. I sighed heavily before I began “Amaka. I don’t know your end game or whatever it is you were trying to do. Bleep, I don’t even know if you’re in on this whole thing.” The cracks in my voice were starting to get louder. I think I was going to cry without even knowing it. I guess the disconnect with my emotions were getting ever wider as the days went by.

“So, this is how you were going to get back at me by trying to blackmail me. I have the video recording from Clara’s phone. Maybe her waist isn’t going to be the only thing that gets broken” My voice was finally starting to get back and the tone became a lot angrier as past memories triggered my emotions even more. “What did I ever do to you! I’ve never stolen from you or disrespected. And this is how you treat me. A sext ape really?” “Amaka wetin I ever do you for this life. You give me meat chop come put stone inside. Amaka the kind thunder wey go faya you eeeh” Amaka refused to interrupt me as I rambled on an on. Truth be told, I wanted to get interrupted. I wanted an explanation no matter how stupid. I didn’t want to have to interpret these events in my head as it was driving me crazy. I stopped and breathed in heavily. I was waiting for a reply. Guess she was hoping that I would continue ranting as she refused to speak. A few more seconds of silence and I forced a reply.
“So what do you have to say for yourself!” The big reply finally came “Babe. Babe. Calm down. I didn’t want to tell you everything because I was not sure if you’ll be part of my team”

My intuition was freaking right! Amaka was the kingpin in this scheme as Clara was barely just a pawn in this game. But the bigger question was now simply what her motives were. Why in the devil’s name would a prostitute want to blackmail another prostitute with a sex tape. “The recording wasn’t about you. In fact I don’t know why that useless girl settled for a party knowing that you’re not part of the operation. But babe please before I continue. I beg you in the name of any god wey you dey worship. Abeg! Nor let that video leak” Things were finally starting to get interesting.

Amaka had something to lose and this wasn’t about me. I hadn’t even watched the video at that point. “See eh babe! Sometimes you have to go the extra mile in this game. If na by who Bleep pass, then all those local babes for overhead bridge go don build house tay tay” I didn’t like where this was going. I had fromed very dark conclusions in my mind, but I prayed silently that this was leading somewhere else.

Amaka paused for a short while. I guess she was trying to frame her answer in the best possible way. “I use the video to extract more money and time from these old men. I also use my spiritual fortification to press them weeeeelll” I wasn’t too shocked. Her previous sentence had led me to this scary conclusion. Blackmail all over again. I was tired of this dark cloud following me all around. Blackmail was the reason Sandra went six feet under. Blackmail was the reason why James was going to stand for a murder trial. And now the circle was almost complete with blackmail on the verge of ruining my life.

But on the bright side, I was right. The whole spiritual fortification story was pure bullshit. Amaka was running her own prostitution ring with the powerful weapon of blackmail. I wonder how much those poor old bastards had parted with in order to avoid the public humiliation. No wonder she could afford to cruise around town with an expensive SUV. “Wow. Just wow! And you didn’t tell me this becauuuuse?.. infact, don’t tell me more. I have heard enough” I sounded a bit delirious. I guess my head still hurt from the previous night of drug induced escape. “I understand. Babe let me come to Lagos so we can sort thing out. This is a simple old trick in the book. It’s not like I’m killing people and cutting their head off” I hung up as she finished the sentence.

The Alarm bells in my head went off. Come to Lagos? How stupid did this bitch think I was? What if she tried to use the Police or even thugs to get me and extract the evidence? There was no way in hell I would allow that to happen. I wasn’t going to use the video for anything. Or maybe I was? Now I had more pressing Issues. It seemed the pains in my head had beyond a headache and it was time to head to the hospital.
I used the same hospital from my days back at DeBallers. Surprisingly, it was upscale hospital with very nice facilities. The story with the hospital began with a rape incident back at the lounge. It wasn’t my first, and it wouldn’t be last one either. It was one of the bartenders. It was a slow afternoon and the girls who were around either just hung around the open space or in the rooms. Efosa wasn’t around that day so I just lay in one of the rooms alone staring at the blank space. It wasn’t a moment of peace or anything. I wasn’t even trying to process my emotions. I just lay there, waiting for time to pass so I could start the night’s work. I hated myself so much, and even then the marijuana was never enough for full mental escape from my realities. I barely talked to the other girls. They were too quick to get into squabbles and I was never in the mood for much trouble.

The bartender was new. He was new to the position, but not new to DeBallers. He was something a hustler, trying to get naïve men the “best” girls for a little tip. The girls would throw a little tip from time to time in order to join the list of the “best” girls. I was one of his “best” girls a couple of times, but I never gave him any tip for his kind service. To hell with him, I always thought. He got his money, and I got mine. I didn’t beg him for it. His elevation to bartender status was a big boost for him. He became something of a general overseeing love-vendor. Now he could “recommend” girls to all the men who came in for a good time. No longer just naïve men, even veteran prostitute patrons. Most of the girls sucked up to him now, and cash wasn’t his only compensation. Sex was now on the menu. And not long after it became both. To get customers from Shogo, that was his name, you had to tip him, and the Bleep him also. Even with his newly elevated status, I still didn’t care too much. If Efosa could hold out on her own, so could I!

Soon enough the snide remarks began. “You eh! You think you’re too big for uncle Shogo. You and that you big aunty” Each remark followed with a sinister laugh. Turns out, men irrespective of their background just want their soft ego stroked. I was barely aware of psychological dynamics back then. Maybe it took all the pain and misfortune to bring me out of the auto play mode of life. As I continued staring into the blankness of space, I heard a loud knock on the door. I never liked to leave a door open. Maybe it was just psychological reflex from continuous sexual assault. I opened the door, and it was Shogo. “Yes?” I asked standing at Akimbo. “It is me you’re asking yes abi?” I quickly produced a half assed apology, but I guess he was having none of It. In the twinkle of an eye, he pushed me inside and bolted the door behind us. It was futile struggling as the place was relatively empty and Shogo was a fairly built man. In a few minutes it was over and I just continued laying there as he shifted my gown back down. I could’ve cried but I guess I was just out of tears at that point in my life.

Shogo buckled his belt, turned looked at me and smiled. “So this is what you have been hiding from me since” He left the room, clamming the door behind him with much swagger. I really wished Efosa was around. It was around that time she started planning her exit. She didn’t tell me any of her plans. I never told her about the incident or any other ones that happened. She has her own crosses to bear, and this was mine. Two months later, the bad news dropped. I was pregnant. It had to be from the Shogo incident. I was very careful with clients and couldn’t have made any rookie mistakes. All the horror stories of abortions I heard were all the more terrifying. I didn’t want to have a wireframe stuck into my vagina, and a fetus dragged out. I finally broke the news to Efosa and she sprang up from the bed where she was laying. She started dressing up and beckoned me to follow suit. Apparently she knew a relatively unknown program that helped young girls in the street get safe abortions. The program was run by one of the co-founders of the St. Richard hospital. She was an American returnee risking jail time by providing safe abortions to young women. I guess Efosa had needed one herself. How else would she have known the place and the program? A few weeks later and the pregnancy was safely terminated. Efosa signed me up for a card in the hospital, and my journey with them began.

The drive to the hospital was draining as I had trouble concentrating on the road. My vision was unclear and my hand were unsteady on the steering wheel. I tied a scarf to cover the scar from the cut I had given myself. It was the first time I was visiting the hospital with my own car. I felt a fleeting moment of pride seeing how far I had come since the first time I was here for an abortion. The Hospital parking lot was filled to brim. I was a mid-morning on a weekday. What could the rush possibly be. Turns out it was immunization day and a lot of new mothers had come to get their babies immunized. I wondered if I would be able to see a doctor. I sat down amidst all the wailing, crying, and laughter outbursts of new born infants. And it was the last thing I remembered before I blacked out. Much to the horror of the new mothers, I collapsed in the hospital waiting area.

Nice Story OP...but there's a disconnect somewhere.
How did Amaka know that Angela was in Lagos?
Amaka was worried about the whereabout of Angela and was supposed to ask her where she was.
Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by imightnotexist: 12:13am On Jun 13, 2020
Book has now been published

2 Likes

Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by imightnotexist: 12:14am On Jun 13, 2020
REALretep:

Nice Story OP...but there's a disconnect somewhere.
How did Amaka know that Angela was in Lagos?
Amaka was worried about the whereabout of Angela and was supposed to ask her where she was.
grin grin Like all fictional stories.. some gaps are left to the reader... gaps make for good sequels grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by OPC90(m): 9:49am On Jun 13, 2020
Maybe what you really wanted is there now for you... Tunde

Get well soon
Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by Kechbeau: 12:15pm On Jun 13, 2020
thank you for this update,I really enjoyed reading it..tunde is fresh air she needs...I pray things go smooth for her
Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by imightnotexist: 11:43pm On Jun 19, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by Ann2012(f): 12:29am On Jun 20, 2020
Thanks for the update
Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by imightnotexist: 10:37am On Jun 20, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by aprilwise(m): 11:12am On Jun 20, 2020
Nice update. The story is terrifying.
Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by Kechbeau: 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2020
wow, scary
Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by Ann2612(f): 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2020
Nice story, following!
Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by OPC90(m): 6:01pm On Jun 20, 2020
Nawa ooo...
Thank you for the update
Re: Sex Work Is Work (18+) [Book has now been published] by OPC90(m): 6:02pm On Jun 20, 2020
Nawa ooo...
Thank you for the update

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Kidnapped For Rituals In Broad Day Light" / From PHCN, With Love…… / Dominic Onyekachi Creates Digital Collection Of African Stories For Kids - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.