Stats: 3,151,631 members, 7,813,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria (35883 Views)

See Hotels Open In Rivers State Despite Lockdown PHOTOS / 15 Planes Land In Abuja Despite lockdown- Kemi Olunloyo / El-Zakzaky: Shiite Members Protest In Abuja Despite Lockdown, Rock Face Masks (2) (3) (4)

Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:01am On Mar 31, 2020
Better to go Solar
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by Grace001: 10:02am On Mar 31, 2020
Useless country ...fuel goes down power tariff increase. Nothing works in Nigeria
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by Heineken(m): 10:02am On Mar 31, 2020
Hahahahahah Nigeria is bad.
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by Mizwisdom(f): 10:03am On Mar 31, 2020
sad sad

Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by osuofia2(m): 10:06am On Mar 31, 2020
Zombies will pay lesser amount while while wailers will pay more
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by Heineken(m): 10:06am On Mar 31, 2020
Is it that these guys don't think or what sef?
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 10:06am On Mar 31, 2020
Honbright:

https://www.voiceairmedia.com/2020/03/electricity-tariff-to-increase-on.html

Not according to this BusinessDay news report...
NERC is reportedly going to announce postponement of new tariffs till July 1 today.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11288927_6cbcf92df47c4c9386ad087eb6c6327d_jpeg3e1e952e1091fc2abe79667e93c96c91
>
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by onyioyeezah(f): 10:06am On Mar 31, 2020
When other countries are making these basic things free at this time
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by sulaak(m): 10:07am On Mar 31, 2020
okomile:
Dem dey craze

I no dey pay a dime
Stupid and idiotic pple

The sooner Nigerian say no, the better for Nigeria

Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by skyhighweb(m): 10:08am On Mar 31, 2020
Kylekent59:

Let us assume tomorrow is the presidential election.

It's time to vote.

Click like for PDP

Click share for APC

Let the voting begin. I just wanna know if some people brain has been formatted.

Let start voting.
na only those two parties they shey
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by israelmao(m): 10:09am On Mar 31, 2020
Is it not money that is available that they will collect?
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 10:15am On Mar 31, 2020
onyioyeezah:

No country is making electricity free...

Electricity in Nigeria is generated and distributed by PRIVATE companies...
They should try to promise no disconnections during the lockdown, but ultimately they need to get paid.
>
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by Farki: 10:15am On Mar 31, 2020
Some people are just heartless, can't do their jobs yet they still get paid and demand even more. When you hear stories like this every day why won't you want to pack out of the country for good?
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by survivalmode: 10:17am On Mar 31, 2020
We shall survive

Please help a brother in this Pandemic season, any amount would do.
Had to open a new account for this. Loan apps not paying me, nothing to survive this 14-days lockdown. Everybody seem to be hoarding money you are my last hope.

Wema Bank - 0241216141
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by DModeCntStopMe: 10:17am On Mar 31, 2020
This pandemic has presented a perfect opportunity for a revolution

But will Nigeria youths use it
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by Clement111: 10:19am On Mar 31, 2020
I don't think they have any humanity in them. They are all damm nigarrs
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by Farki: 10:22am On Mar 31, 2020
9jaRealist:

No country is making electricity free...

Electricity in Nigeria is generated and distributed by PRIVATE companies...
They should try to promise no disconnections during the lockdown, but ultimately they need to get paid.
>

Germany did for a time that's because they generated and distribute so much that they had to pay some companies to use the power they produce.

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/germany-power-grid-pays-customers-christmas-sustainability-renewable-energy-a8141431.html?amp
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by nairalanduseles: 10:23am On Mar 31, 2020
mrkings84:
Concern them

It concerns you ....

You are Nigerian

Even if you live abroad you got friends and family at home

Very insensitive comment

Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 31, 2020
Kylekent59:

It's time to vote.

Click like for PDP

Click share for APC

Let the voting begin. I just wanna know if some people brain has been formatted.

Let start voting.

I am gonna start by clicking "share". I like the president. The citizens disobey alot. They are wicked. Garri sells for #1700.

Good president with wicked citizens.

Bleep all that votes... We need people with intellects, not some crazy old fools.
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by Farki: 10:25am On Mar 31, 2020
Kylekent59:

It's time to vote.

Click like for PDP

Click share for APC

Let start voting.

I am gonna start by clicking "share". I like the president. The citizens disobey alot. They are wicked. Garri sells for #1700.

The two parties are two sides of the same coin. The same fools that influenced PDP moved over to sow seeds in APC. Remember that you should vote based on the candidate and their policies not the party.
Otherwise you get the same favoritism and corruption that has been going on for the last 20 years.

Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 10:27am On Mar 31, 2020
StagethemTVee:
That would be so insensitive of the goverment. When others are putting palliative measures, stopping interest rates and payments on loans, we are doing the opposite.
azpekuliar:
With the lockdown in place and a slow down of economic activity, great timing NERC/FG, great timing.
MansoryMX:
This government nor get conscience, no single conscience at all cheesy
FuckAllTheMODs:
Idi.ots in power...

Imagine lock down and there's no power supply but they want to increase the tariff.
valentineuwakwe:
and am asking myself; Do we hv leaders in this country? government insensitivity to its citizens
aojully:
very insensitive plan
blowjohn:
Reduce petrol price.
Then increase electricity tariffs.
So we go back to spending on more fuel for generators.
LordPsalm:
What a foolish nation. Other country are making this easier for their citizens while these fools are still making likfe unbearable for its citizens. No wonder corona virus just dey catch una one by one
angrykids:
Finding it hard to understand this people in the mist of the world epidemic,you are still increasing light tariff, where people never even see food chop,not that the light is even constant, black man is a problem to his fellow black man
Grace001:
Useless country ...fuel goes down power tariff increase. Nothing works in Nigeria
Heineken:
Is it that these guys don't think or what sef?
onyioyeezah:
Farki:
Some people are just heartless, can't do their jobs yet they still get paid and demand even more. When you hear stories like this every day why won't you want to pack out of the country for good?
israelmao:
Is it not money that is available that they will collect?

Are you guys sure of the veracity of the OP story?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11288989_4a43c90326414e159aff6903922964cc_jpega53f44a17b1b86ce2920aadd2277c013
>

Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by Kylekent59: 10:29am On Mar 31, 2020
olumzzz:

We really need to change the way we think in Nigeria. There's actually no difference between APC and PDP.
We had PDP rule us for 16 years and nothing to show for it, over $100bn spent on the power and we can barely generate 3000MW.

We should be thinking of kicking both parties out instead of picking one.

If I should give you 2M to start supporting PDP, and also defend us online. Would you agree??

There our problems lie.

Don't know if you understand undecided
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by Jaapu: 10:30am On Mar 31, 2020
deltateam:

Pay more for electricity they see or electricity they don't see?

Do these mad fvcks ever pause to consider the scenario they are presenting?

Paying for what you didn't consume. Its a bad situation.

Let them sell card metres in a pay and collect immediately fashion.

Let's see if anyone gets to pay above #2000 monthly.

If you don't do the things you people are known for. Oga you will pay more. X3 self.
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by Emmanuel09065(m): 10:31am On Mar 31, 2020
hello, Nigerias, this is another opportunity to make money online without stress and it is very easy to register through this link: https://news4results.xyz/signup?id=52652 and u can contact me with this number 09068283449 on WhatsApp for more information .
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by onyxo76(m): 10:31am On Mar 31, 2020
I just wish I had added solar panels to my inverter batteries long ago, now with this poor power supply in the last few weeks I have spent a fortune on petrol trying to keep the inverter charged, now there is lockdown, no salary, kids at home eating like no tomorrow ...I pray life normalises very soon
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by 9jaRealist: 10:32am On Mar 31, 2020
Farki:
Germany did for a time that's because they generated and distribute so much that they had to pay some companies to use the power they produce.

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/germany-power-grid-pays-customers-christmas-sustainability-renewable-energy-a8141431.html?amp

Well, we are not there yet by a long shot...
We don’t generate enough and struggle to pay for the little generated.
>
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 31, 2020
Can you imagine this, what sin have we done to deserve these kinda leaders
Let them continue Sha ,e go soon reach time they will be roasted alive one by one and eaten
Insensitive government
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by onyxo76(m): 10:33am On Mar 31, 2020
survivalmode:
We shall survive

Please help a brother in this Pandemic season, any amount would do.
Had to open a new account for this. Loan apps not paying me, nothing to survive this 14-days lockdown. Everybody seem to be hoarding money you are my last hope.

Wema Bank - 0241216141
just like ippis is still holding unto our March salaries

Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by jaxxy(m): 10:35am On Mar 31, 2020
Useless entities
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by Ezmans: 10:35am On Mar 31, 2020
Kylekent59:

It's time to vote.

Click like for PDP

Click share for APC

Let start voting.

Iyiataata92, you are wicked. Close shop, you don't wanna close shop. When you contract Corona v, you start wailing online, abusing the FG.

Nonsense!!
if this covid19 period is close to election period food I'll sack you from your house.politicians ill use there head to carry bags of rice to your house
Re: Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria by Moneywirer: 10:39am On Mar 31, 2020
IamR:
If they go ahead and implement this obnoxious electricity tariff hike tomorrow, Buhari-led government will be the most insensitive government in the history of Nigeria.

In the world, not just Nigeria

Adamu Garba 'Helped' Elon Musk To Acquire Twitter / June 12 Protests In London (Videos) / Imam Abdullahi Abubakar Honoured By US For Saving Christians In Plateau