Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech (3053 Views)

Give your life to God and be useful to your creator, don't live a wasteful life / Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven / See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by CAPSLOCKED: 10:12pm On Apr 02, 2020
luvmijeje:

Everyone is not like you. Everyone is not strong like me. I have seen alot of threads on nairaland of people saying they want to commit suicide and for what? For things others sees as nothing. Everyone is not strong. Your breaking point is suicide for others. So I don't mind religion. We are not all strong and capable of being independent like you.

Being an Atheist is a gift. The ability to have the capacity to not believe in fairytale and still be able to face the oppositions of life is a gift. Religion gives hope, build faith and strengthen you in the midst of oppositions. We are not all strong like you. Don't deprive people of that.

I ADMIRE YOUR HONESTY ON HOW YOU CLING TO RELIGION BECAUSE OF "HOPE".

BUT THE HOPE ON RELIGION IS WORTHLESS. YOU THINK YOU'RE NOT STRONG BECAUSE YOU WERE RAISED TO BELIEVE YOUR GOD IS YOUR STRENGTH, AND NOW CANNOT IMAGINE YOUR LIFE WITHOUT GOD, YOUR STRENGTH.

HOPE ON RELIGION IS WORTHLESS. VERY WORTHLESS BECAUSE IN THE REALITY OF LIFE, WE CAN ARGUE FROM NOW TILL TOMORROW, THE FACT REMAINS THAT RELIGION DOES NOTHING TANGIBLE ASIDES PROVIDING THE EMPTY HOPE YOU CLING TO.
NOW THERE ARE 2 KINDS OF HOPE, AND ONE IS USELESS.
FOR EXAMPLE, I AM SO BROKE. I HAVE A HUNDRED NAIRA AS MY LAST CASH SO I GAMBLE WITH IT, WITH THE "HOPE" THAT IT MAY MULTIPLY. MY HOPE MAY PAY OFF IF MY FAVORITE TEAM DELIVERS, THEN I WIN. THAT IS WHEN HOPE IS USEFUL. OR WHEN WE HOPE FOR THE CURE FOR AIDS. IT'S USEFUL BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE WORKING FOR IT EVEN IF IT WILL TAKE A THOUSAND YEARS, WORK IS GOING ON FOR IT. SO WE KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE.
BUT YOU CANNOT HOPE IN RELIGION TO BUILD YOU A SCHOOL. YOU CAN'T TAKE TEN SHOTS TO THE HEAD HAVING HOPE THAT A DEITY WILL KEEP YOU ALIVE. YOU CAN'T HOPE THAT YOUR CANCER OR DAMAGED KIDNEY SUDDENLY GETS BETTER. SUCH HOPE NEVER PAYS. YOU KEEP HOPING FOR A GREAT TRIP WHEN THERE'S NO ASSURANCE THAT YOU WON'T DIE IN A CRASH, SO WHY CAN WE NOT ABANDON WORTHLESS HOPE AND FACE REALITY? AND PREPARE FOR WHATEVER COMES?

I WROTE EVERY EXAM WITH TWO THINGS ON MY MIND EITHER I FAIL OR I PASS; WHEN I FAIL I'LL WRITE AGAIN. WHEN I PASS I PROCEED TO THE NEXT LEVEL. AND THAT WAS HOW I COMPLETED COLLEGE WITHOUT A SINGLE FAILED COURSE. NEVER PRAYED FOR SHIT. NEVER FEARED FAILURE BECAUSE I'VE CONDITIONED MY HEART THAT IT'S THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS AND WINS AND LOSSES ARE PART OF THE GAME. PRESENTLY, I GO OUT EVERY DAY AND GO TO BED EVERYDAY WITH THE SAME TWO THINGS ON MY MIND, EITHER I GO THROUGH THIS DAY OR I DIE. I DO NOT LIVE WITH THE USELESS HOPE THAT I'M DESTINED FOR GREATNESS AND TRAGEDY IS NOT MY PORTION. THAT'S A FALSE HOPE BECAUSE EVERY DEAD RELIGIOUS MAN ONCE BELIEVED THAT. I JUST LIVE MY LIFE MAKING THE MOST OUT OF EVERY MOMENT WHILE PREPARING FOR TOMORROW.. BUT NEVER TO PUT HOPE IN THE DEITY OF ANY RELIGION TO PRESERVE ME.
I GET THAT WE ALL CANNOT BE THAT STRONG, AND THE REASON IS THAT WE WERE RAISED WITH SUCH SILLY HOPES. I GREW UP HOPING IN NOTHING, BECAUSE NOTHING IS PROMISED. IRRESPECTIVE OF WHAT YOU BELIEVE, WHEN IT'S THE MOMENT FOR YOUR BODY AS A LIVING ORGANISM TO SHUT DOWN AND GO TO REST PERMANENTLY, NOTHING WILL CHANGE ANYTHING. SO WHAT USE IS YOUR HOPE IN GOD, WHEN AS LITTLE AS A SNAKE VENOM OR A GAS LEAK CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE??

FINALLY, RELIGION AND SUPERSTITION DAMAGES A LOT OF THINGS.
- DRESS CODES AND RESTRICTIONS FOR WOMEN IN ISLAM
- MALTREATMENT OF WOMEN WHEN THEY'RE BURNT OR BURIED ALIVE IN HINDU
- HONOUR KILLINGS
- RELIGIOUS CRISIS AND HOLY WARS
- RELIGIOUS TERRORISM
- RITUAL KILLINGS
- SOCIAL INJUSTICE
- GENITAL MUTILATION
- MISOGYNY
- SLOWS SOCIETAL DEVELOPMENT
- INTENTIONAL NEGLIGENCE BECAUSE "LEAVE IT FOR GOD", WHICH OFTEN CAUSES HARM BECAUSE GOD LEAVES IT ONCE YOU LEAVE IT
- EXTORTION IN THE NAME OF A GOD THAT IS NOT EVEN REAL
- SUPPRESSION OF SCIENTIFIC PROGRESS
- SHAMING (AND KILLING) OF SEVERAL GROUPS OF PEOPLE INCLUDING GAYS, PROSTITUTES, OLD WOMEN, HUNGRY SICK KIDS, AND EVEN ANIMALS LIKE CATS AND OWLS.

AND MANY OTHER ILLS. HOW CAN WE OVERLOOK THESE ASPECTS OF RELIGION... JUST BECAUSE RELIGION MAKES "YOU" FEEL GOOD, AND PROVIDES "YOU" WITH FALSE HOPE??

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by CAPSLOCKED: 10:18pm On Apr 02, 2020
elated177:

The bolded are the major reasons why you and your kind embraced atheism.
YOU DON'T KNOW NOTHING.

Who is stoning anyone today for being gay?
DON'T WORRY. ONCE CORONAVIRUS PASSES WE'LL GO BACK TO SEEING IT IN THE NEWS.

Women are admonished to obey and submit to their husbands. There is a reason for this. This in no way makes women/wives inferior.
WHY WOULD MEN NOT OBEY AND SUBMIT? WHO PUT YOU IN CHARGE OF ANYTHING?

The husband is the head of the family. There is a reason for this.
WHAT IS THE REASON? AND WHO MADE THIS "RULE"?

The violation of all these rules has consequences.
WHAT CONSEQUENCES? WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF A WOMAN DISOBEYS HER HUSBAND AND BUYS THAT FINE DRESS OR SOMETHING?

Those who use religion to steal are just thieves. It is not religion that made them thieves. They are taking advantage of something as important as religion. I don't think there is any religion that advocates stealing.
YOUR BIBLE ADVOCATES STEALING, MURDER, KIDNAP, RAPE, SLAVERY.. DON'T LET ME START.

No one will ever be able to eradicate religion.
MANY RELIGIONS HAVE BEEN ERADICATED THROUGHOUT HISTORY. EVERYTHING HAS ITS TIME.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by elated177: 10:26pm On Apr 02, 2020
realmindz:
2. He got the whole world in his hands and he loves us all no matter our colour: lol, this is the most ridiculous of them all....first yahweh did not hide his special love for the Israelites as out of all the different races he created on earth, he chose the Israelites to be bis chosen people...he led series of battles on behalf of the israelites...destroyed cities for his chosen ones, if we leave the affairs of the world unto yahweh, there will surely be world wars every year. Because no one is more racist than yahweh the god of the Jews.
He got the whole world in his hands and the world is ravaged by diseases, war, poverty, hunger, deaths...

3. God loves all the little children, he said they should come to him gringrin

1.Now go and strike Amalek and completely destroy everything that they have; do not spare them, but kill both man and woman, child and infant, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’
2. His prophet elisha did not hesitate to spare the kids mocking him, then two female bears came out of the woods and mauled 42 of the children.”
3. He destroyed the first borns of Egypt ...what a loving merciful slow to anger god

YAHVEH loves all his children. He chose the Israelites as his inheritance for a purpose. Through one of the tribes he sent his begotten Son into the world. However, today he has set apart all those who come to him through his Son as his chosen people, including Israelites.

YAHVEH is not responsible for diseases, war, poverty, hunger, death, ravaging the world. Human beings are responsible for such activities. In fact, it is the activities of humans that bring about the destruction of the earth. Take for example, homosexuality. Can you feed on your excreta? The human anus has been referred to as the dirtiest part of the human body. Yet people feast on it with the tongue and insert penis into it. What about the food laws? The Creator of heaven and earth has given to man the list of things to eat and things not to eat. If man disregards this, should he then be held accountable for the consequences?

That land was polluted through demon worship. The children had already been contaminated. Such events serve as lessons today. On the day YAHVEH will destroy this world, both young and old on the part of wickedness will be destroyed. Again, children were also held accountable for the sins of their fathers. But now, every soul that sins is the one that will die. You better choose your part now while you can.

Those cursed youths got exactly what they deserved. It would have been an abomination if Elisha had spared those bastards. Did they not know that he was a prophet of the Most High? They knew what they were doing. YAHVEH Almighty will never acquit the guilty or condemn the innocent. Had it been not justice, he would not have answered Elisha's prayer. How was his baldness their problem?

The Egyptians deserved exactly what they got. Prior to that, they had killed the sons of the Israelites. Did the Egyptians stop their pharoah when he ordered the killing of the male infants of the Israelites? It was justice.

YAHVEH is a merciful and benevolent God. He is slow to anger abounding in love and faithfulness. But he will not leave the guilty unpunished. He will never condemn the innocent. To those who love him, he showers his love. Those who hate him he will repay to their face.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by luvmijeje(f): 10:55pm On Apr 02, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

FINALLY, RELIGION AND SUPERSTITION DAMAGES A LOT OF THINGS.
- DRESS CODES AND RESTRICTIONS FOR WOMEN IN ISLAM
- MALTREATMENT OF WOMEN WHEN THEY'RE BURNT OR BURIED ALIVE IN HINDU
- HONOUR KILLINGS
- RELIGIOUS CRISIS AND HOLY WARS
- RELIGIOUS TERRORISM
- RITUAL KILLINGS
- SOCIAL INJUSTICE
- GENITAL MUTILATION
- MISOGYNY
- SLOWS SOCIETAL DEVELOPMENT
- INTENTIONAL NEGLIGENCE BECAUSE "LEAVE IT FOR GOD", WHICH OFTEN CAUSES HARM BECAUSE GOD LEAVES IT ONCE YOU LEAVE IT
- EXTORTION IN THE NAME OF A GOD THAT IS NOT EVEN REAL
- SUPPRESSION OF SCIENTIFIC PROGRESS
- SHAMING (AND KILLING) OF SEVERAL GROUPS OF PEOPLE INCLUDING GAYS, PROSTITUTES, OLD WOMEN, HUNGRY SICK KIDS, AND EVEN ANIMALS LIKE CATS AND OWLS.

AND MANY OTHER ILLS. HOW CAN WE OVERLOOK THESE ASPECTS OF RELIGION... JUST BECAUSE RELIGION MAKES "YOU" FEEL GOOD, AND PROVIDES "YOU" WITH FALSE HOPE??

Every malpractices you listed up there is failure of governance and it is product of religion mixing with culture. Are there no religion in the develop countries? Until we have an institution that works, I am not going to be arrogant like you who thinks you are better than those who are religious.

You ain't better because they are better than you in one aspect. The belief in spirituality. I have seen enough to know that it ain't only the universe that is built logically, the relationship that exist between man is based on logic. And religion discovered that first.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by elated177: 10:57pm On Apr 02, 2020
[quote author=CAPSLOCKED post=88038537][/quote]

If you edit then I can reply.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by elated177: 11:01pm On Apr 02, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I WROTE EVERY EXAM WITH TWO THINGS ON MY MIND EITHER I FAIL OR I PASS; WHEN I FAIL I'LL WRITE AGAIN. WHEN I PASS I PROCEED TO THE NEXT LEVEL. AND THAT WAS HOW I COMPLETED COLLEGE WITHOUT A SINGLE FAILED COURSE. NEVER PRAYED FOR SHIT. NEVER FEARED FAILURE BECAUSE I'VE CONDITIONED MY HEART THAT IT'S THE WAY THE WORLD WORKS AND WINS AND LOSSES ARE PART OF THE GAME. PRESENTLY, I GO OUT EVERY DAY AND GO TO BED EVERYDAY WITH THE SAME TWO THINGS ON MY MIND, EITHER I GO THROUGH THIS DAY OR I DIE. I DO NOT LIVE WITH THE USELESS HOPE THAT I'M DESTINED FOR GREATNESS AND TRAGEDY IS NOT MY PORTION. THAT'S A FALSE HOPE BECAUSE EVERY DEAD RELIGIOUS MAN ONCE BELIEVED THAT. I JUST LIVE MY LIFE MAKING THE MOST OUT OF EVERY MOMENT WHILE PREPARING FOR TOMORROW.. BUT NEVER TO PUT HOPE IN THE DEITY OF ANY RELIGION TO PRESERVE ME.
I GET THAT WE ALL CANNOT BE THAT STRONG, AND THE REASON IS THAT WE WERE RAISED WITH SUCH SILLY HOPES. I GREW UP HOPING IN NOTHING, BECAUSE NOTHING IS PROMISED. IRRESPECTIVE OF WHAT YOU BELIEVE, WHEN IT'S THE MOMENT FOR YOUR BODY AS A LIVING ORGANISM TO SHUT DOWN AND GO TO REST PERMANENTLY, NOTHING WILL CHANGE ANYTHING. SO WHAT USE IS YOUR HOPE IN GOD, WHEN AS LITTLE AS A SNAKE VENOM OR A GAS LEAK CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE??

This is a faceless forum. Who is sure that you actually live your life like this?
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by CAPSLOCKED: 11:09pm On Apr 02, 2020
elated177:

This is a faceless forum. Who is sure that you actually live your life like this?

ME, AND MILLIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE WHO PUT LOGIC OVER BELIEF, AND FATE OVER FAITH.

12 Likes

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by LordReed(m): 11:28pm On Apr 02, 2020
luvmijeje:

1. Without it there will chaos
2. Without it there will be no order
3. Without it there will be no society
4. Without it there will be no movement
5. Without it there will be no peace.

Completely false. We build our society on mutual need and aid not on religion. Religion is not what determines how a city should be planned for example. It is pure fantasy to say that you cannot build a working society without religion when there are many segments of society that work absolutely well without religion.

5 Likes

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by elated177: 11:58pm On Apr 02, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

ME, AND MILLIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE WHO PUT LOGIC OVER BELIEF, AND FATE OVER FAITH.

Like I stated, no one here can ascertain your assertion.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by GRIMMJOE(m): 12:04am On Apr 03, 2020
OtemAtum:
Only intelligent people can beat their way out of religion. Religion is for those at the lowest ebb of human intelligence.
To be honest I believe Atheist are ahead of time.

3 Likes

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by GRIMMJOE(m): 12:18am On Apr 03, 2020
luvmijeje:

Everyone is not like you. Everyone is not strong like me. I have seen alot of threads on nairaland of people saying they want to commit suicide and for what? For things others sees as nothing. Everyone is not strong. Your breaking point is suicide for others. So I don't mind religion. We are not all strong and capable of being independent like you.

Being an Atheist is a gift. The ability to have the capacity to not believe in fairytale and still be able to face the oppositions of life is a gift. Religion gives hope, build faith and strengthen you in the midst of oppositions. We are not all strong like you. Don't deprive people of that.
This was emotional, it's the first time I've ever read something like this, most Christians usually lie to themselves till they start believing it, then proceed lying to others and get angry when they refuse to believe this lie.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by GRIMMJOE(m): 12:43am On Apr 03, 2020
elated177:

Like I stated, no one here can ascertain your assertion.
His assertion is not for you to ascertain, you don't need mirroring someone's life to do the right thing, set your standard.

4 Likes

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Nobody: 1:18am On Apr 03, 2020
luvmijeje:
That's your opinion. Religion has a lot of merits even though it's built on lies. There is one thing that is very difficult to control.... Man. Religion is the only movement that I know that have successfully master the art of controlling without force.

Who said so
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Nobody: 1:28am On Apr 03, 2020
elated177:

YAHVEH loves all his children. He chose the Israelites as his inheritance for a purpose. Through one of the tribes he sent his begotten Son into the world. However, today he has set apart all those who come to him through his Son as his chosen people, including Israelites.

YAHVEH is not responsible for diseases, war, poverty, hunger, death, ravaging the world. Human beings are responsible for such activities. In fact, it is the activities of humans that bring about the destruction of the earth. Take for example, homosexuality. Can you feed on your excreta? The human anus has been referred to as the dirtiest part of the human body. Yet people feast on it with the tongue and insert penis into it. What about the food laws? The Creator of heaven and earth has given to man the list of things to eat and things not to eat. If man disregards this, should he then be held accountable for the consequences?

That land was polluted through demon worship. The children had already been contaminated. Such events serve as lessons today. On the day YAHVEH will destroy this world, both young and old on the part of wickedness will be destroyed. Again, children were also held accountable for the sins of their fathers. But now, every soul that sins is the one that will die. You better choose your part now while you can.

Those cursed youths got exactly what they deserved. It would have been an abomination if Elisha had spared those bastards. Did they not know that he was a prophet of the Most High? They knew what they were doing. YAHVEH Almighty will never acquit the guilty or condemn the innocent. Had it been not justice, he would not have answered Elisha's prayer. How was his baldness their problem?

The Egyptians deserved exactly what they got. Prior to that, they had killed the sons of the Israelites. Did the Egyptians stop their pharoah when he ordered the killing of the male infants of the Israelites? It was justice.

YAHVEH is a merciful and benevolent God. He is slow to anger abounding in love and faithfulness. But he will not leave the guilty unpunished. He will never condemn the innocent. To those who love him, he showers his love. Those who hate him he will repay to their face.

Christians are damn funny
U just said that Yahweh isn't responsible for wars....so funny of you..that means he isn't omniscient or all powerful

1 Like

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:50am On Apr 03, 2020
luvmijeje:

Every malpractices you listed up there is failure of governance and it is product of religion mixing with culture.
The failure is as a result of humans refusing to improve the world they live in, becoming lazy waiting for a miracle.
luvmijeje:
Are there no religion in the develop countries? Until we have an institution that works,
Religion is dying out in develop countries, they finally discovers what works, and it's effort.
luvmijeje:
I am not going to be arrogant like you who thinks you are better than those who are religious.
You claim atheists are arrogant, yet it's Christians telling people they are going to hell and will suffer for eternity.
luvmijeje:
You ain't better because they are better than you in one aspect.
No aspect in life is better than the other, we should all strive to improve every aspect of our life, not just the one taking us to heaven.
luvmijeje:
They belief in spirituality.
The spirituality Christians have failed woefully to prove exist? the same Christians that can no longer go to church to exercises this spirituality?
luvmijeje:
I have seen enough to know that it ain't only the universe that is built logically, the relationship that exist between man is based on logic.
That's why it's best we explore this logic, since it brings solutions like drugs, vaccine, how a virus works etc.
luvmijeje:
And religion discovered that first.
What has religion done with this discovery.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by LordReed(m): 8:24am On Apr 03, 2020
luvmijeje:

I can agree that some people need the motivation religion can supply. The real grouse is when they tell us we must conform to their god's rules. No mr & mrs religionist we will not conform to your god's rules because they are antiquated rules.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by luvmijeje(f): 8:39am On Apr 03, 2020
LordReed:

Completely false. We build our society on mutual need and aid not on religion. Religion is not what determines how a city should be planned for example. It is pure fantasy to say that you cannot build a working society without religion when there are many segments of society that work absolutely well without religion.

Have you seen a working society that is not built on religion? You all are refusing to see what's in front of you. There is no civilisation that's not built on it. Without it there will be no organisation
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by luvmijeje(f): 8:41am On Apr 03, 2020
Xavfra:

Who said so

luvmijeje
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by luvmijeje(f): 8:55am On Apr 03, 2020
GRIMMJOE:

The failure is as a result of humans refusing to improve the world they live in, becoming lazy waiting for a miracle.
Religion is dying out in develop countries, they finally discovers what works, and it's effort.

You claim atheists are arrogant, yet it's Christians telling people they are going to hell and will suffer for eternity.
No aspect in life is better than the other, we should all strive to improve every aspect of our life, not just the one taking us to heaven.

The spirituality Christians have failed woefully to prove exist? the same Christians that can no longer go to church to exercises this spirituality?
That's why it's best we explore this logic, since it brings solutions like drugs, vaccine, how a virus works etc.

What has religion done with this discovery.

First of all let me explain spirituality to you. Spirituality is the need that exist in every man to be happy and to be at peace. It's the hunger for a purpose. It's knowing that there's more to you than the materiality of this world. It is the hunger to believe that there is more to this world.

It's the sole reasons religion will never die. It's the sole movement that understand that fact about human. It is the reasons even the most intelligent, the richest, the most develop societies still hold on to it
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by luvmijeje(f): 9:03am On Apr 03, 2020
LordReed:

I can agree that some people need the motivation religion can supply. The real grouse is when they tell us we must conform to their god's rules. No mr & mrs religionist we will not conform to your god's rules because they are antiquated rules.

I know how annoying it could be. There's is this colleague of mine who told me that if I don't Change my ways I am going to hell. On top wetin na, all because I refuse to subscribe to your thinking.

I don tell am that if christ comes today, I will be the one to make heaven and with all her holiness she won't get there.

2 Likes

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:29am On Apr 03, 2020
luvmijeje:

First of all let me explain spirituality to you. Spirituality is the need that exist in every man to be happy and to be at peace. It's the hunger for a purpose.
Do Nigerians look happy to you, is there peace in this world? Tell me purpose of a patients suffering from Covid 19.
luvmijeje:
It's knowing that there's more to you than the materiality of this world. It is the hunger to believe that there is more to this world.
Sorry to disappoint, but when you get to heaven all you would do is sing praise and worship, sleep, wake up and continue singing praise and worship.

If I want to live in denial, I'll choose the religion that promise me 72 virgin.
luvmijeje:
It's the sole reasons religion will never die.
Google " Dead Religions "
luvmijeje:
It's the sole movement that understand that fact about human. It is the reasons even the most intelligent, the richest, the most develop societies still hold on to it
The only thing I see them holding on to is your wallet.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by GRIMMJOE(m): 9:46am On Apr 03, 2020
luvmijeje:

I know how annoying it could be. There's is this colleague of mine who told me that if I don't Change my ways I am going to hell. On top wetin na, all because I refuse to subscribe to your thinking.

I don tell am that if christ comes today, I will be the one to make heaven and with all her holiness she won't get there.
Out of 4200 religion, the chances of your religion being the right one is very slim, your God doesn't know basic science his Book is filled with mistakes and contradictions.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Reality11: 9:51am On Apr 03, 2020
luvmijeje:
That's your opinion. Religion has a lot of merits even though it's built on lies. There is one thing that is very difficult to control.... Man. Religion is the only movement that I know that have successfully master the art of controlling without force.

So are we experiencing any of this?

That means your point is useless since
Countries that are not religious experience this more than the religious ones.

So you need religion to do what is right? Isn't this sickening

3 Likes

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by luvmijeje(f): 9:59am On Apr 03, 2020
Reality11:

So are we experiencing any of this?

That means your point is useless since
Countries that are not religious experience this more than the religious ones.

So you need religion to do what is right? Isn't this sickening

Mention countries that are not religious and is peaceful.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by luvmijeje(f): 10:00am On Apr 03, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
Out of 4200 religion, the chances of your religion being the right one is very slim, your God doesn't know basic science his Book is filled with mistakes and contradictions.

I concur.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Nobody: 10:10am On Apr 03, 2020
luvmijeje:

luvmijeje

. without religion hanty man would organise himself accordingly and will achieve more
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Buliwyf: 10:16am On Apr 03, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
I still love the religion where over 70 fresh big ass virgins will be to one head slammer. Just imagine Cumming on them all after hot banging grin grin grin

The sweet thing is that it is everlasting. You won't even get tired. You will just be banging and banging and banging and banging and...... LMAO
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by LordReed(m): 10:27am On Apr 03, 2020
luvmijeje:

Have you seen a working society that is not built on religion? You all are refusing to see what's in front of you. There is no civilisation that's not built on it. Without it there will be no organisation

Civilisation was not built religion, don't be deceived. Civilisation was built on the realisation that cooperation was more beneficial than in-fighting. Religion is an attempt to stop people from arbitrarily changing societies laws by giving it the laws a veneer of divine approval. There were laws before any of the major religions surfaced. The development of religion came as a result of an attempt to deal with the sorrow of death. Even elephants have been shown to gather together to mourn the passing of one of them.

We have all manner of sub-societies that work well without religion. Professional bodies, all your law enforcement bodies, financial institutions, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by LordReed(m): 10:29am On Apr 03, 2020
luvmijeje:

LoL! I am surprised at myself that all this end time talk is like water off a duck. I used to eat this stuff up. I even speculated that Obama was the antichrist. SMH. LoL!
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Reality11: 10:30am On Apr 03, 2020
luvmijeje:

Mention countries that are not religious and is peaceful.

There can't be a country that is 100% irreligious neither can there be a country that is 100% religious.

Since you claimed how a country is religious is the factor that determine how it would be peaceful, orderly...

Then we should expect countries with 90% adherents to religion to be more peaceful, orderly... Than a country with 40,50, 60, 70% population that are irreligious.

But no the reverse is the case. Nigeria, Afghanistan, somalia, congo... are extremely religious probably more than 90%. Are this countries peaceful and orderly?

While countries like Estonia, Netherland, Denmark, Sweden, Czech... That have good number of atheist and irreligious people tend to be more peaceful and orderly. Or are this countries not peaceful and orderly?

It shows you don't need religion to be peaceful and orderly!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion

3 Likes

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Reality11: 10:54am On Apr 03, 2020
LordReed:

LoL! I am surprised at myself that all this end time talk is like water off a duck. I used to eat this stuff up. I even speculated that Obama was the antichrist. SMH. LoL!

Lol, there is no limit to what indoctrination can make you think or believe.

What keep people is fear. Fear to even reason and question what they had been made to believe.

When I was living the shackles of religion and the idea of a God, I sometimes rebuke myself to stop thinking about stuffs that didn't add up. I'll even pray for forgiveness, I fear that thunder might strick me death grin

My thought then was how can God exist?
If there is no god and the universe didnt exist what would be present? If is nothing, then what is nothing? In fact I knew and worry about infinite regression since at an early age. Probably @ 13. Mine came very hard because didn't even care about religion but the origin or how god and the universe came to exist.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by luvmijeje(f): 10:59am On Apr 03, 2020
Reality11:

There can't be a country that is 100% irreligious neither can there be a country that is 100% religious.

Since you claimed how a country is religious is the factor that determine how it would be peaceful, orderly...

Then we should expect countries with 90% adherents to religion to be more peaceful, orderly... Than a country with 40,50, 60, 70% population that are irreligious.

But no the reverse is the case. Nigeria, Afghanistan, somalia, congo... are extremely religious probably more than 90%. Are this countries peaceful and orderly?

While countries like Estonia, Netherland, Denmark, Sweden, Czech... That have good number of atheist and irreligious people tend to be more peaceful and orderly. Or are this countries not peaceful and orderly?

It shows you don't need religion to be peaceful and orderly!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion

You are absolutely missing my point. The problem of Nigeria is not religion. It's failure of governance. We have no government. We have no institutions. If other countries are succeeding despite been religious, then religion is not the problem.

If not for religion Nigerians would be far worst than this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Add Salt To Water To Bathe And Drink Against Ebola Virus / When Is Jesus Coming Back? Im Tired Of Waiting: / Babylon: From Captivity To Persian Colonialism;

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.