Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,634 members, 7,827,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech (3063 Views)

Give your life to God and be useful to your creator, don't live a wasteful life / Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven / See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by luvmijeje(f): 11:06am On Apr 03, 2020
LordReed:

Civilisation was not built religion, don't be deceived. Civilisation was built on the realisation that cooperation was more beneficial than in-fighting. Religion is an attempt to stop people from arbitrarily changing societies laws by giving it the laws a veneer of divine approval. There were laws before any of the major religions surfaced. The development of religion came as a result of an attempt to deal with the sorrow of death. Even elephants have been shown to gather together to mourn the passing of one of them.

We have all manner of sub-societies that work well without religion. Professional bodies, all your law enforcement bodies, financial institutions, etc.

Religion is a tool of control. Religion is the only movement that I know that have succeeded in controlling man without force.

All the sub-societies you listed are made up of men who subscribed to it.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:17am On Apr 03, 2020
Buliwyf:

The sweet thing is that it is everlasting. You won't even get tired. You will just be banging and banging and banging and banging and...... LMAO

grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Reality11: 11:38am On Apr 03, 2020
luvmijeje:

You are absolutely missing my point. The problem of Nigeria is not religion. It's failure of governance. We have no government. We have no institutions. If other countries are succeeding despite been religious, then religion is not the problem.

If not for religion Nigerians would be far worst than this.

Lol, after you claimed religion brings peace, orderliness...and so on

You even dare me to mention a country that is irreligious and peaceful grin

After I blew you with an answer you are now talking another different thing

So you agree religion doesn't make a country peaceful or orderly contrary to what you mentioned earlier.

Since religion can't give use road, infrastructure, social amenities, peace or orderliness.

Then what exactly is the usefulness of religion to a country?

4 Likes

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by luvmijeje(f): 11:45am On Apr 03, 2020
Reality11:

Lol, after you claimed religion brings peace, orderliness...and so on

You even dare me to mention a country that is irreligious and peaceful grin

After I blew you with an answer you are now talking another different thing

So you agree religion doesn't make a country peaceful or orderly contrary to what you mentioned earlier.

Since religion can't give use road, infrastructure, social amenities, peace or orderliness.

Then what exactly is the usefulness of religion to a country?

Oga, read my previous posts before you jumped into the argument.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by GRIMMJOE(m): 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2020
luvmijeje:

You are absolutely missing my point. The problem of Nigeria is not religion. It's failure of governance. We have no government. We have no institutions. If other countries are succeeding despite been religious, then religion is not the problem.

Religion thought people how to be lazy "God will judge" by the time we put death sentence on these idíot stealing our funds you'll see they'll behave, you can even be the first female Governor, but Islam and Christianity forbids it.

The government are failing because the people are relax, their phrase " God will take control" they kept saying that and they eventually believed it, the church is equally draining the masses, 1st offering, 2nd offering, followed by tithe, after this they go home relaxed because they believe they have sowed a seed.

We have politicians and Governors build global churches and mosques so as to look good to those that voted them through religious sentiment, yet no good road, no electricity, no hospitals.

Some state have been rendered useless by some terrorist because they believe their religion is better than others, if no religion, no terrorist.

3 Likes

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Reality11: 12:06pm On Apr 03, 2020
luvmijeje:

Religion is a tool of control. Religion is the only movement that I know that have succeeded in controlling man without force.

Why should religion control control man?

Jesus! The bolded, you must be joking right?

All the killings carried out by Islam if you dont subscribe to their religion or belive in god?

In the middle ages, women are burn on stake that they are witches, scientist killed,
Galileo was forced to withdrew his scientific discovery just because it didn't align with what the church teaches Christianity made to be the national religion by Constantine and co in other nations

Religion speaks ill of Gay, lesbians, transgender...? And speaks on way to deal with them?

Zamfara state used the state money to build mosque and send people to Hajj?

Anambra state used the state money to build church?

Recently, an academic symposium was prevented in OAU?

And you are saying what!!!!
Are these not forced?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Buliwyf: 12:16pm On Apr 03, 2020
luvmijeje:

Everyone is not like you. Everyone is not strong like me. I have seen alot of threads on nairaland of people saying they want to commit suicide and for what? For things others sees as nothing. Everyone is not strong. Your breaking point is suicide for others. So I don't mind religion. We are not all strong and capable of being independent like you.

Being an Atheist is a gift. The ability to have the capacity to not believe in fairytale and still be able to face the oppositions of life is a gift. Religion gives hope, build faith and strengthen you in the midst of oppositions. We are not all strong like you. Don't deprive people of that.

I actually agree with this.

1 Like

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by realmindz: 12:16pm On Apr 03, 2020
elated177:

What is religion?

Religion is not a religion....oh sorry, Christianity is not a religion shocked or Islam is not a religion, it's the way of life....another lie told by religion to itself

1 Like

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by GRIMMJOE(m): 12:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
Reality11:

Jesus! The bolded, you must be joking right?

All the killings carried out by Islam if you dont subscribe to their religion or belive in god?

In the middle ages, women are burn on stake that they are witches, scientist killed,
Galileo was forced to withdrew his scientific discovery just because it didn't align with what the church teaches Christianity made to be the national religion by Constantine and co in other nations

Religion speaks ill of Gay, lesbians, transgender...? And speaks on way to deal with them?

Zamfara state used the state money to build mosque and send people to Hajj?

Anambra state used the state money to build church?

Recently, an academic symposium was prevented in OAU?

And you are saying what!!!!
Are these not forced?
it's like you read my mind, who got that meme of a white man flogging a black slave to accept Jesus.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Buliwyf: 12:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
This was emotional, it's the first time I've ever read something like this, most Christians usually lie to themselves till they start believing it, then proceed lying to others and get angry when they refuse to believe this lie.

Nailed it lol

3 Likes

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Reality11: 12:30pm On Apr 03, 2020
luvmijeje:
That's your opinion. Religion has a lot of merits even though it's built on lies. There is one thing that is very difficult to control.... Man. Religion is the only movement that I know that have successfully master the art of controlling without force.

1. Without it there will chaos
2. Without it there will be no order
3. Without it there will be no society
4. Without it there will be no movement
5. Without it there will be no peace.
This ^^^ was your response to the op post.

I then asked you this
So are we experiencing any of this?
That means your point is useless since
Countries that are not religious experience this more than the religious ones.
So you need religion to do what is right? Isn't this sickening
Here was your response
luvmijeje:

Mention countries that are not religious and is peaceful.

And I answered you

There can't be a country that is 100% irreligious neither can there be a country that is 100% religious.

Since you claimed how a country is religious is the factor that determine how it would be peaceful, orderly...

Then we should expect countries with 90% adherents to religion to be more peaceful, orderly... Than a country with 40,50, 60, 70% population that are irreligious.

But no the reverse is the case. Nigeria, Afghanistan, somalia, congo... are extremely religious probably more than 90%. Are this countries peaceful and orderly?

While countries like Estonia, Netherland, Denmark, Sweden, Czech... That have good number of atheist and irreligious people tend to be more peaceful and orderly. Or are this countries not peaceful and orderly?

It shows you don't need religion to be peaceful and orderly!

Here is your response
luvmijeje:

How am I missing your point.
Didn't you claimed in your first post that religion brings peace, orderliness...?

You dared me to Mention countries that are not religious and is peaceful.

Which I answered you. And you are saying I am missing your point?

The state of a country is determine by how its citizens behave not by being religious as you claimed. If it was so Nigeria and other religious countries would have been at the top.

Please answer this, what exactly is the use of religion to a country, since it can't provide social amenities, give peace or orderliness just like we have seen in reality?

Or can you tell me the benefits of religion?

2 Likes

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Reality11: 12:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
GRIMMJOE:

it's like you read my mind, who got that meme of a white man flogging a black slave to accept Jesus.

Just imagine the level of dishonesty? That religion is a movement that doesn't force people. Chai!

2 Likes

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by LordReed(m): 12:49pm On Apr 03, 2020
luvmijeje:

Exactly, we unwittingly subscribe to the societies we are born in.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by GRIMMJOE(m): 1:04pm On Apr 03, 2020
Reality11:

Just imagine the level of dishonesty? That religion is a movement that doesn't force people. Chai!
She probably doesn't know who a Templar is,
as for the dishonesty most Christian don't practice their faith, you wonder who is using all those hotels, who's drinking all those manufactured alcohol, yet they usually say this:

"It's better to live like there is God than to die to discover he exist"

But they forget that about 5000 Gods are now involved, the chance of them going to heaven is 0.02%, and I haven't remove points from their God mistakes and inconsistencies, I still haven't removed points from the unrealistic standard this God set for them

At the end what you see are confused Nigerians just trying live through a hard economy without knowing what works.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by GRIMMJOE(m): 1:09pm On Apr 03, 2020
LordReed:

Exactly, we unwittingly subscribe to the societies we are born in.
It's no different from not being able to choose the tribe one is born into, his/her race.

Yet one of them was telling me I gave God permission to create me, who in his right mind will tell God to put him in a 3rd world country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by LordReed(m): 1:23pm On Apr 03, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
It's no different from not being able to choose the tribe one is born into, his/her race.

Yet one of them was telling me I gave God permission to create me, who in his right mind will tell God to put him in a 3rd world country.

Bwahahahahaha! The mental gymnastics they produce is always hilariously astounding. LMFAO!
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Reality11: 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
She probably doesn't know who a Templar is,
as for the dishonesty most Christian don't practice their faith, you wonder who is using all those hotels, who's drinking all those manufactured alcohol, yet they usually say this:

"It's better to live like there is God than to die to discover he exist"

But they forget that about 5000 Gods are involved, the chance of them going to heaven is 0.02%, and I haven't remove points from their God mistakes and inconsistencies, I still haven't removed points from the unrealistic standard this God set for them

At the end what you see are confused Nigerians just trying live through a hard economy without knowing what works.

The Christians matter too much.

The worse is.

If you are even against jungle justice Christians/Muslims would insult you.

You begin to wonder, did their religion says they should kill when one steals? Some would not literally pick up arm but they are okay with such acts.

For me it is better the person who steals, because they have done worst by killing someone.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Professorcplus(m): 1:30pm On Apr 03, 2020
typing
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Professorcplus(m): 1:55pm On Apr 03, 2020
The fact is that some people know their belief is entirely false but they still derive joy and satisfaction in it. Why? Because if they leave it, there is nothing to fall back on.

There would not be need to pray for food when there is standby job available which only requires you to work, get paid and buy your groceries.

There would not be any need to sacrifice your child for rain when you can forecast the weather and create a better idea to solve your problems.

There won't be any need to seek God intervention in some healing school when there are better medical expertise with advanced equipment.

There would not be need to always know God more when we find answers to our long unanswered questions.

But then even if we all scrap religion and gods, some will still create one for themselves. Why? Because they derive joy and satisfaction in it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by JustSul: 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2020
beardlessdude:
Youre shaking a table you wont be able To balance alone. grin

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by reigncalif1: 11:33pm On Apr 03, 2020
BUT I STILL BELIEVED GOD DOES AND MUST EXIST ASIDES RELIGION BECAUSE WE actually DIDN'T COME OUT FROM NO WHERE

I DON'T BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION , IT FLAW'S THE LAW OF COMMON SENSE NEITHER DOES BIG BANG exist. SEEMS NOTHING CAN NOT COME OUT FROM NOTHING THEN THERE MUST BE GOD AND THERE MUST BE RELIGION ,THAT IS MY PROBLEM WITH SCIENCE IT can't POSSIBLY explained ANYTHING ABOUT HW SOMETHING can NOT COME OUT FROM NOTHING THEN BUAJJH THERE WAS BIG BANG. MY COMMON SENSE can't CONTAINS THIS .
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Reality11: 5:10am On Apr 04, 2020
reigncalif1:
BUT I STILL BELIEVED GOD DOES AND MUST EXIST ASIDES RELIGION BECAUSE WE actually DIDN'T COME OUT FROM NO WHERE. I DON'T BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION , IT FLAW'S THE LAW OF COMMON SENSE NEITHER DOES BIG BANG exist. SEEMS NOTHING CAN NOT COME OUT FROM NOTHING THEN THERE MUST BE GOD AND THERE MUST BE RELIGION ,THAT IS MY PROBLEM WITH SCIENCE IT can't POSSIBLY explained ANYTHING ABOUT HW SOMETHING can NOT COME OUT FROM NOTHING THEN BUAJJH THERE WAS BIG BANG. MY COMMON SENSE can't CONTAINS THIS .

Lol, and you didn't see the irony in your post?

Something cannot come from nothing but boom your God magically just appeared?

Where did God came from?

I do not have much understanding about big bang or evolution because am not even a scientist. When am knowledgeable about this two then I'll see if I can embrace them.

However your idea of religion and God has no evidence and proof. It only made claims out your inability to comprehend how the universe existed.

The same problem you have with big bang or evolution, lies also with your idea of God.

Where did your god came from? And back it up with evidence not just make claims.

I don't know how the universe came to exist. And I don't believe extraordinary things or claims without evidence.

1 Like

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by reigncalif1: 7:40am On Apr 04, 2020
Reality11:

Lol, and you didn't see the irony in your post?

Something cannot come from nothing but boom your God magically just appeared?

Where did God came from?

I do not have much understanding about big bang or evolution because am not even a scientist. When am knowledgeable about this two then I'll see if I can embrace them.

However your idea of religion and God has no evidence and proof. It only made claims out your inability to comprehend how the universe existed.

The same problem you have with big bang or evolution, lies also with your idea of God.

Where did your god came from? And back it up with evidence not just make claims.

I don't know how the universe came to exist. And I don't believe extraordinary things or claims without evidence.

THAT IS Y THE FAITH IN GOD IS A WAY MORE SIMPLE AND LIGHTLY UNDERSTANDING THAN THAT OF SCIENCE CAUSE GOD EMBRACE SPIRITUALITY WHICH IS CONTRARILY TO LOGIC ,IF SCIENCE HAVE EXPLAIN THIS SIMPLE THING I WILL SURELY BE AN ATHEIST ,
GOD EMBRACE SPIRITUALITY WITH ACTUALLY MEAN IT HAVE POWER TO COMES OUT FORM NOWHERE, BUT THE LOGICAL PART OF SCIENCE WITH ITS PHYSICALITY CAN'T EXPLAIN HOW THE UNIVERSE ACTUALLY BEGAN WITH LOGICAL PHYSICALITY. I LOVE SCIENCE AND ALSO BELIEVE IN SOME FACT BUT THERE FAILURE IN PART OF EXISTENCE LEFT WITH NO CHOICE THAN THAT GOD ACTUALLY AND MUST exist.

HW ABOUT HW HUMAN CAME TO EXISTENCE SEEMS U DON'T BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION .
ARE U AN ATHEIST
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by elated177: 10:29am On Apr 04, 2020
realmindz:

Religion is not a religion....oh sorry, Christianity is not a religion shocked or Islam is not a religion, it's the way of life....another lie told by religion to itself

You should have answered the question. You should have simply defined religion?

You see, a man (man here used represents humanity - man and woman) was created with vacuum in his life. This vacuum makes man yearn for his Maker. The Creator made man this way so that man will reach out to him. Believe it or not, whatever fills this vacuum is what rules such individual. Such thing has become the god of such individual.

Jeremiah 10:23 YHVH, I know that people's lives are not their own; it is not for them to direct their steps.

I am not advocating submission to any man or woman in the name of spiritual father or mother. Submission to any denomination or congregation is totally irrelevant. Submit to your Maker, study his Word for yourself and obey his Commandments. This is exactly why he sent his begotten Son, Yahushua the Messiah, into the world and what he came to establish.

There are many religions in this world, just as there are many gods. The god responsible for each religion has his dos and don'ts. The adherents of such religion - by that very fact the follower of such god - will be recognized by the dos and don'ts of such god or his religion.

There is a God who made the heavens, the earth, the seas and everything in them. He made man in his image and gave him dominion over everything he has made. His name is YHVH (YAHVEH) El Shaddai. Some call him Yahweh, Jehovah, Yahuah, Yahuwah, Yehovah, and others. However, there is a distinguishing feature: OBEDIENCE TO HIS COMMANDMENTS. Those who belong to him are set-apart by their obedience to his Commandments. So, a person who calls him by his actual name but does not obey his Commandments deludes himself or herself.

No one who refuses to adhere to the Instructions/Commandments of YHVH Almighty is his follower or servant. His Instructions/Commandments are found in his Scriptures.

James 1:27 Religion that YHVH our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by elated177: 10:46am On Apr 04, 2020
Xavfra:

Christians are damn funny
U just said that Yahweh isn't responsible for wars....so funny of you..that means he isn't omniscient or all powerful

How is YHVH responsible wars? Man is responsible for his actions which include wars.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by elated177: 10:49am On Apr 04, 2020
GRIMMJOE:
His assertion is not for you to ascertain, you don't need mirroring someone's life to do the right thing, set your standard.

Humph!
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2020
elated177:

How is YHVH responsible wars? Man is responsible for his actions which include wars.

That means he's not omnipotent....

Isn't he the one who created man and put the feeling of fight in him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Reality11: 2:51pm On Apr 04, 2020
elated177:

All this Christians that don't read their books.

All over the entire pages of your Bible YHVH has been instructions were kill the young, kill the old, kill all, the animal, massacre children, don't let anyone live.

Those ones are what, play abi?
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by elated177: 3:18pm On Apr 05, 2020
Reality11:

All this Christians that don't read their books.

All over the entire pages of your Bible YHVH has been instructions were kill the young, kill the old, kill all, the animal, massacre children, don't let anyone live.

Those ones are what, play abi?

Mtcheeew..!
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by elated177: 3:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
Xavfra:

That means he's not omnipotent....

Isn't he the one who created man and put the feeling of fight in him?

I don't have time for this. If you find it difficult to understand, then it is not my problem.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Reality11: 3:44pm On Apr 05, 2020
elated177:

Who is responsible for the wars YHVH instructed the Israelites to go written all over your Bible?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

For Christians - How Does Faith Work? Can It Be Proven / Serve God With A Loyal Heart / Christianity Is Not White Mans Religion & Black Man’s Roots Are In Not In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.