Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,087 members, 7,957,070 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:22 AM

Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech (3211 Views)

Give your life to God and be useful to your creator, don't live a wasteful life / Christian Religion Will Not Take You To Heaven / See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by elated177: 3:50pm On Apr 05, 2020
Reality11:

Who is responsible for the wars YHVH instructed the Israelites to go written all over your Bible?

Do you want to learn or you want to accuse and mock?
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Reality11: 4:24pm On Apr 05, 2020
elated177:

Do you want to learn or you want to accuse and mock?

You said YHVH is not responsible for wars men are.

My question was, what of the wars YHVH instructed the Israelites to go?

How is this a mockery or accusation?

Didn't YHVH instructed then?

If you answer this question it would be enough for me. I'll know that YHVH is not responsible for wars.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by elated177: 4:08pm On Apr 06, 2020
Reality11:

You said YHVH is not responsible for wars men are.

My question was, what of the wars YHVH instructed the Israelites to go?

How is this a mockery or accusation?

Didn't YHVH instructed then?

If you answer this question it would be enough for me. I'll know that YHVH is not responsible for wars.

This is the post you have been fixated upon :

elated177:

YAHVEH is not responsible for diseases, war, poverty, hunger, death, ravaging the world. Human beings are responsible for such activities. In fact, it is the activities of humans that bring about the destruction of the earth. Take for example, homosexuality. Can you feed on your excreta? The human anus has been referred to as the dirtiest part of the human body. Yet people feast on it with the tongue and insert penis into it. What about the food laws? The Creator of heaven and earth has given to man the list of things to eat and things not to eat. If man disregards this, should he then be held accountable for the consequences?

Yeah, YHVH Almighty instructed the Israelites to engage in wars against their enemies. Those people were enemies of YHVH Almighty because the worshipped Baal, Ashtoreth, Molech, Chemosh, etc. YHVH Almighty was responsible for the victory the Israelites achieved in all the wars they fought as recorded in the Scriptures. However, the disobedience of those nations and their subsequent aggression towards the Israelites caused the wars.

I responded within the context of the op's argument, which was of the view that YHVH Almighty was the cause of wars, diseases, hunger, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

YHVH Almighty is not responsible for the wars, diseases, hunger, etc, which ravage the world. Man's activities are.

If you are still not cleared, let me know.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by realmindz: 9:13am On Apr 11, 2020
elated177:

This is the post you have been fixated upon :

Yeah, YHVH Almighty instructed the Israelites to engage in wars against their enemies. Those people were enemies of YHVH Almighty because the worshipped Baal, Ashtoreth, Molech, Chemosh, etc. YHVH Almighty was responsible for the victory the Israelites achieved in all the wars they fought as recorded in the Scriptures. However, the disobedience of those nations and their subsequent aggression towards the Israelites caused the wars.

I responded within the context of the op's argument, which was of the view that YHVH Almighty was the cause of wars, diseases, hunger, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

YHVH Almighty is not responsible for the wars, diseases, hunger, etc, which ravage the world. Man's activities are.

If you are still not cleared, let me know.

I wanted to respond to you, but why responding to a man perishing in self confusion.
It must be so much torture for you to contradict yourself so much u aren't able to make sense out of what you are saying.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by elated177: 10:34pm On Apr 11, 2020
realmindz:

I wanted to respond to you, but why responding to a man perishing in self confusion.
It must be so much torture for you to contradict yourself so much u aren't able to make sense out of what you are saying.....

Depart from me, you psychopath!

The demons in you will never be able to use your psychopathic mouth speak confusion into my life. You and those demons are under the feet of this saint of YHVH Almighty! You should even feel honored that I even bothered to respond to you.

Scum of Satan!

I am supposed to ignore you oke nkwu of Satan and your miserable rants and posts against the Scriptures of YHVH Almighty, but I react only because of the genuine seekers of truth and knowledge. People like me are already rooted in the Word of YHVH Almighty and a billion of your kind will never be able to raise an iota of doubt in my mind.

The collective minds of all of you who call yourselves atheists here cannot even move my little toe as far as doubt is concerned.

You are just frustrated.

When asked where the contradiction lies now, the imp will not have anything to say.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by realmindz: 1:36pm On Apr 13, 2020
elated177:

The demons in you will never be able to use your psychopathic mouth speak confusion into my life. You and those demons are under the feet of this saint of YHVH Almighty! You should even feel honored that I even bothered to respond to you.

Scum of Satan!

I am supposed to ignore you oke nkwu of Satan and your miserable rants and posts against the Scriptures of YHVH Almighty, but I react only because of the genuine seekers of truth and knowledge. People like me are already rooted in the Word of YHVH Almighty and a billion of your kind will never be able to raise an iota of doubt in my mind.

The collective minds of all of you who call yourselves atheists here cannot even move my little toe as far as doubt is concerned.

You are just frustrated.

When asked where the contradiction lies now, the imp will not have anything to say.

Lmao, pls cast out the demons and let me roll on the floor.
This clown really thinks he is in his church.
Why do you guys display so much bitterness and anger. I can imagine you jumping with aggression and sweating while typing this. Commanding the demon to shut up. You are entertaining, you deserve an oscar

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by elated177: 10:35am On Apr 14, 2020
I strongly doubt if you can utter this in my presence. The demons in you will not even dare to bring you to my presence.

In any case, YHVH Almighty has used his servants to make the necessary points here, which have shown that you are a fool. Each time you fools dare to make a mockery of the Word of YHVH Almighty, you will be easily put in your place.

However, this thread of yours is already dead.
I am not going to help you resuscitate it.

Nwa oke nkwu of Satan!

Tufiakwaaa!
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by realmindz: 2:34pm On May 25, 2020
elated177:
I strongly doubt if you can utter this in my presence. The demons in you will not even dare to bring you to my presence.

In any case, YHVH Almighty has used his servants to make the necessary points here, which have shown that you are a fool. Each time you fools dare to make a mockery of the Word of YHVH Almighty, you will be easily put in your place.

Nwa oke nkwu of Satan!

Tufiakwaaa!

What a pity, your god seems powerless over the internet.
I dont need to be in your presence, just command and speak where u are.

And by the way, I curse your god not you,.....why the abusive words on me lipsrsealed
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by LordReed(m): 12:01pm On May 26, 2020
realmindz:

Lmao, pls cast out the demons and let me roll on the floor.
This clown really thinks he is in his church.
Why do you guys display so much bitterness and anger. I can imagine you jumping with aggression and sweating while typing this. Commanding the demon to shut up. You are entertaining, you deserve an oscar

Don't mind these LARPers thinking they have some kinda magic power. LoL
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Dantedasz(m): 4:13pm On May 26, 2020
reigncalif1:
BUT I STILL BELIEVED GOD DOES AND MUST EXIST ASIDES RELIGION BECAUSE WE actually DIDN'T COME OUT FROM NO WHERE

I DON'T BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION , IT FLAW'S THE LAW OF COMMON SENSE NEITHER DOES BIG BANG exist. SEEMS NOTHING CAN NOT COME OUT FROM NOTHING THEN THERE MUST BE GOD AND THERE MUST BE RELIGION ,THAT IS MY PROBLEM WITH SCIENCE IT can't POSSIBLY explained ANYTHING ABOUT HW SOMETHING can NOT COME OUT FROM NOTHING THEN BUAJJH THERE WAS BIG BANG. MY COMMON SENSE can't CONTAINS THIS .

undecided undecided undecided

From this your theory the next logical question should be-"WHO CREATED GOD?"

My simple answer would be-"MAN
!"
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Dantedasz(m): 4:18pm On May 26, 2020
elated177:

Scum of Satan!

You are just frustrated.

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Dantedasz(m): 4:22pm On May 26, 2020
elated177:

Nwa oke nkwu of Satan!

Tufiakwaaa!

Oga sir, Mathew Chapter 22 verse 5 greets you ooo!

Matthew 5:22 ►
Parallel Verses
King James Version
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by hopefulLandlord: 10:41am On May 27, 2020
luvmijeje:

Everyone is not like you. Everyone is not strong like me. I have seen alot of threads on nairaland of people saying they want to commit suicide and for what? For things others sees as nothing. Everyone is not strong. Your breaking point is suicide for others. So I don't mind religion. We are not all strong and capable of being independent like you.

Being an Atheist is a gift. The ability to have the capacity to not believe in fairytale and still be able to face the oppositions of life is a gift. Religion gives hope, build faith and strengthen you in the midst of oppositions. We are not all strong like you. Don't deprive people of that.

Hmmm, this is thought provoking but don't you think this dependence on "hope" from religion would've been a thing of the past if there were no religions anymore? wouldn't natural selection make those that require religion to get through when things get tough to die off and the idea too?

2 Likes

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by TheSourcerer: 10:45am On May 27, 2020
hopefulLandlord:

Hmmm, this is thought provoking
very , I never saw it like this , I saw it as a bid to save them , but I guess some actually do like been blissful in ignorance , if they like it , I guess they should just stay clear my path and I stay off theirs and stop shoving Jesus down everyone's face
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by hopefulLandlord: 10:48am On May 27, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I DO NOT LIVE WITH THE USELESS HOPE THAT I'M DESTINED FOR GREATNESS AND TRAGEDY IS NOT MY PORTION. THAT'S A FALSE HOPE BECAUSE EVERY DEAD RELIGIOUS MAN ONCE BELIEVED THAT.

Awesome!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by hopefulLandlord: 10:50am On May 27, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

ME, AND MILLIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE WHO PUT LOGIC OVER BELIEF, AND FATE OVER FAITH.

You believe in fate?
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by hopefulLandlord: 10:53am On May 27, 2020
luvmijeje:

Have you seen a working society that is not built on religion? You all are refusing to see what's in front of you. There is no civilisation that's not built on it. Without it there will be no organisation

How does a society get "built on religion"? like they read some religious book and start living based on it?

1 Like

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by CAPSLOCKED: 10:55am On May 27, 2020
hopefulLandlord:

You believe in fate?

FATE, NOT LIKE DESTINY.
EVERY ACTION WE TAKE LEADS TO ANOTHER ACTION, AND ANOTHER ACTION AFTER THAT. IT'S ALL ABOUT US AND NOTHING IS PREDETERMINED BY ANYTHING SUPERNATURAL.
I COULDN'T FIND THE RIGHT WORD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by hopefulLandlord: 10:59am On May 27, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

FATE, NOT LIKE DESTINY.
EVERY ACTION WE TAKE LEADS TO ANOTHER ACTION, AND ANOTHER ACTION AFTER THAT. IT'S ALL ABOUT US AND NOTHING IS PREDETERMINED BY ANYTHING SUPERNATURAL.

Okay, like cause and effect? cuz fate sounds like destiny
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by hopefulLandlord: 11:02am On May 27, 2020
TheSourcerer:
very , I never saw it like this , I saw it as a bid to save them , but I guess some actually do like been blissful in ignorance , if they like it , I guess they should just stay clear my path and I stay off theirs and stop shoving Jesus down everyone's face

Yeah, don't come to me with some Jesus good news and I won't rubbish the news to your face. everyone's happy but coming to me with Jesus good news is one of the tenets of their belief so they need to do it and keep doing it till we're "saved". "Saved" as in joining them to take Jesus good news to others lol
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by TheSourcerer: 11:05am On May 27, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

FATE, NOT LIKE DESTINY.
if fate is defined as que sera sera , then yes I believe in fate , but destiny ? Nah !

CAPSLOCKED, re-email me , couldn't find your text
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Omoluabi16(m): 11:06am On May 27, 2020
hopefulLandlord:

Yeah, don't come to me with some Jesus good news and I won't rubbish the news to your face. everyone's happy but coming to me with Jesus good news is one of the tenets of their belief so they need to do it and keep doing it till we're "saved". "Saved" as in joining them to take Jesus good news to others lol
lol
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by CAPSLOCKED: 11:15am On May 27, 2020
hopefulLandlord:

Okay, like cause and effect? cuz fate sounds like destiny

YES, FATE IS DESTINY. SUCH THINGS DON'T ACTUALLY EXIST.

WE'RE JUST LUCKY TO BE HERE RIGHT NOW. ONE SMALL MISTAKE, WE'RE DEAD. IMAGINE ME GOING TO SWIM IN THE NIGER TODAY WHEN I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SWIM.. I'M GONNA DIE. I MAY LIVE TO SEE THE NEXT DAY IF I JUST PLAY XBOX AT HOME INSTEAD.
SO OUR LIVES ARE THE SUMMARY OF EVERYTHING WE DO OR DON'T DO. THERE'S NOTHING PLANNED OUT FOR ANY OF US. NOBODY HAS MADE A PERFECT PLAN FOR YOU TO BE GREAT OR SUCCESSFUL BUT BELIEVERS OF RELIGION LIKE TO BELIEVE THERE ARE SPECIAL PLANS FOR THEM SPECIFICALLY BY THEIR GOD. IT'S A MESSED UP BELIEF BECAUSE EVERY BLESSED DAY, WE EXPERIENCE THINGS THAT POINT TO THE FACT THAT EVERYTHING HAPPENING IS BY CHANCE. THERE ARE NO PLANS FOR THE OPERATION OF THE UNIVERSE.
TODAY WE'RE FINE AND PRAYING FOR A BETTER YEAR 2020 ON CROSSOVER NIGHT AND SOWING FIRST SEED, TOMORROW MILLIONS ARE DYING FROM A PANDEMIC AND WE'RE LOSING JOBS.

WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE IN DESTINY? IT'S BULLSHIT.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by elated177: 11:54am On May 27, 2020
Dantedasz:

Parallel Verses
King James Version
But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Accuser of the righteous! How the fools remember to quote Scriptures they neither have regard for nor know their meaning.

Psalms 14:1 The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

Matthew 12:46-50 While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. 47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”

48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Dantedasz(m): 12:32pm On May 27, 2020
elated177:

Accuser of the righteous! How the fools [/b]remember to quote Scriptures they neither have regard for nor know their meaning.

Psalms 14:1 The [b]fool
says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

Matthew 12:46-50 While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. 47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.”

48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

Dantedasz:

Parallel Verses
King James Version

Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 27, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

YES, FATE IS DESTINY. SUCH THINGS DON'T ACTUALLY EXIST.

WE'RE JUST LUCKY TO BE HERE RIGHT NOW. ONE SMALL MISTAKE, WE'RE DEAD. IMAGINE ME GOING TO SWIM IN THE NIGER TODAY WHEN I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SWIM.. I'M GONNA DIE. I MAY LIVE TO SEE THE NEXT DAY IF I JUST PLAY XBOX AT HOME INSTEAD.
SO OUR LIVES ARE THE SUMMARY OF EVERYTHING WE DO OR DON'T DO. THERE'S NOTHING PLANNED OUT FOR ANY OF US. NOBODY HAS MADE A PERFECT PLAN FOR YOU TO BE GREAT OR SUCCESSFUL BUT BELIEVERS OF RELIGION LIKE TO BELIEVE THERE ARE SPECIAL PLANS FOR THEM SPECIFICALLY BY THEIR GOD. IT'S A MESSED UP BELIEF BECAUSE EVERY BLESSED DAY, WE EXPERIENCE THINGS THAT POINT TO THE FACT THAT EVERYTHING HAPPENING IS BY CHANCE. THERE ARE NO PLANS FOR THE OPERATION OF THE UNIVERSE.
TODAY WE'RE FINE AND PRAYING FOR A BETTER YEAR 2020 ON CROSSOVER NIGHT AND SOWING FIRST SEED, TOMORROW MILLIONS ARE DYING FROM A PANDEMIC AND WE'RE LOSING JOBS.

WHY SHOULD I BELIEVE IN DESTINY? IT'S BULLSHIT.

I’ve never believed in grace and fate.....but I won’t lie, I thought destiny is different but I’ve come to realize that destiny is the same thing as fate and grace.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by luvmijeje(f): 4:15pm On May 28, 2020
hopefulLandlord:

Hmmm, this is thought provoking but don't you think this dependence on "hope" from religion would've been a thing of the past if there were no religions anymore? wouldn't natural selection make those that require religion to get through when things get tough to die off and the idea too?

Has there ever been a world or will there be a world with no religion? I don't want to divert, so let me go ahead to answer your question. Will the weak die off without religion? Will the weak die off without hope? Can people adapt to a world with no religion? The answer is capital NO.

And it's simply because of of one thing 'Bias' It's easy for you to tell a stranger to die off. Will you let your child, parents or generally your love one to die off because they are weak?
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 26, 2020
Interesting thread
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 26, 2020
The religion of one era is the literary entertainment of another- Ralph Waldo Emerson. A good example is Greek and Egyptian mythology.
Re: Why Religion Will Be Useful When Teaching "Satire" As A Figure Of Speech by GodWrites: 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2020
luvmijeje:

Everyone is not like you. Everyone is not strong like me. I have seen alot of threads on nairaland of people saying they want to commit suicide and for what? For things others sees as nothing. Everyone is not strong. Your breaking point is suicide for others. So I don't mind religion. We are not all strong and capable of being independent like you.

Being an Atheist is a gift. The ability to have the capacity to not believe in fairytale and still be able to face the oppositions of life is a gift. Religion gives hope, build faith and strengthen you in the midst of oppositions. We are not all strong like you. Don't deprive people of that.

In other words, you're propagating an illusion just because if makes you feel good?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Jerry: Na Cerebral Palsy You Dey Call Miracle?? / Reasons Why Some Christians Converted To Atheism - My Observations On Nairaland / Join The Fastest Growing Free Christian Telegram Group Chat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.