Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,227 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:55 PM

Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today (37339 Views)

Gen. Oladipo Diya Dies At 79 / Moment Oladipo Diya Kneeling And Begging Abacha Not To Kill Him -VIDEO / Buhari Cuts His 76th Birthday Cake In Aso Rock, Abba Kyari Sings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by omlueh(m): 11:33am On Apr 03, 2020
Abeg my brother no vex, who be dat person wey run away leaving 3 million person to starvation unto death.
iammo:
cool

HBD Sir

Na cry baba cry, hin no run dressed like woman leaving 3 million people to starve to death after starting a war without basic supply like food

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by Bolincosugar1: 11:34am On Apr 03, 2020
Happy birthday to you and General Diya
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by joefelin2345: 11:35am On Apr 03, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

I would rather not see the tears of my general.

It would haunt me eternally to learn that a sisi had been leading the frontline in my fight for survival with satanic enemies. My stomach will churn a thousand times if Danjuma, Gowon,Murtala Mohammed, Sani Abacha, IBB, Buhari and other July 1966 coupists recorded the torture of my general as he cries and beg for mercy. Stop falsifying history. Gebersl Efiong did, General Madiebo did n so many prominent Esaterners.

He did what we expected of him, deny the Jihadists the final satisfaction of catching him alive. After decimating battalions, getting the head of more than 500,000 enemies, he left Biafra without the knowledge of the illiterates until Phillip Effiong showed up.

There is a reason non of these men spoke a single word against him all through his life time.
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by lebete3000: 11:52am On Apr 03, 2020
Bobbyfreshhh:

Yes ohhh same way a certain someone rushed and drank ratak ....After running his mouth like his people are known for ,or the other one that was shot on his asshole and had to run barefooted for several miles

Choi! Who dem shoot for yansh again oh cheesy
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 03, 2020
Tribute to Lt. Dotun Bamiduro who lost his life to Boko Haram terrorist.

A tribute by his friend on facebook revealed that what Maj Gen Adeniyi said on the situation at the war theatre is the truth.

https://www./279116702790256/permalink/530031604365430/?flite=scwspnss&extid=C7YgpUqGIWpudF91
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by TheAviator: 12:10pm On Apr 03, 2020
englishmart:
Lalasticlala is so good at digging out pieces of information.

This is actually Diya's Wikipedia biography copied and pasted here.
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by VolvoS60(m): 12:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
Bluffly:

Do you know what it takes to become a General, Lt for that matter. There are times of war that deceit needs to be employed to keep life. Every party in war wants to come out alive.

^^^^
grin grin grin

Indeed.

1 Like

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by VolvoS60(m): 12:40pm On Apr 03, 2020
tammie24:

Learn to cry when necessary

^^^^
grin grin
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by Hassan88(m): 12:44pm On Apr 03, 2020
Na Wisdom The Man Use ooo

E cry well grin grin
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by Burruchaga71(m): 12:54pm On Apr 03, 2020
[quote author=Herdsmen post=88047068]Happy birthday our cry cry General. cheesy[/quote. Crying general happy birthday joor hahahahahahahaha
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by Jimbadly: 12:54pm On Apr 03, 2020
Captainrambo2:
see eh stop this nonsense .

Even burutai can not face abacha eye to eye. Just leave diya abeg . Man dey pass man.

If abacha hadn't died , I kid you not he will still be president today, even obj, ibb, nobody could challenge him, soyinka fled,

Diya cried and outlived abacha. To him today I say happy birthday

Guy abacha was in another level !!!!

Okay, but it wasn't his crying that saved him though. Abacha would have still killed him despite his weepings. It was just divine providence that caused Abacha's sudden demise and let Diya off the hook.

1 Like

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by Burruchaga71(m): 12:55pm On Apr 03, 2020
Herdsmen:
Happy birthday our cry cry General. cheesy
Crying general happy birthday joor hahahahahahaha this man self
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by KunleyY19(m): 12:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
Moti Suffer Moti Jeya bi to DIYA!
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by fortune1968: 1:00pm On Apr 03, 2020
Coward 'General ' wey prostrate for Major crying like a baby ! General my foot !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by LZAA: 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2020
The lt general who begged a major and shit his pants grin grin grin
Cc immhotep sarrki gwarotango Afamed helinues ebenezar2020 blackking98 iceberg3

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by LZAA: 1:12pm On Apr 03, 2020
Jimbadly:

Okay, but it wasn't his crying that saved him though. Abacha would have still killed him despite his weepings. It was just divine providence that caused Abacha's sudden demise and let Diya off the hook.
Nothing divine about abacha or abiola deaths
They were killed by the west
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by LZAA: 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2020
Captainrambo2:
see eh stop this nonsense .

Even burutai can not face abacha eye to eye. Just leave diya abeg . Man dey pass man.

If abacha hadn't died , I kid you not he will still be president today, even obj, ibb, nobody could challenge him, soyinka fled,

Diya cried and outlived abacha. To him today I say happy birthday

Guy abacha was in another level !!!!
Ibb had abacha psychologically under his control so he didn't need to face him
Mc alli,kazir,salihu ibrahim,madueke,ukiwe all tackled abacha and were retired because of it
Soyinka is a fairweather activist so he doesn't count
Diya and adisa messed up by kneeling down to a major although their boys also got their revenge on mustapha
Abacha was just a brute don't overrate him
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by Reazest: 1:52pm On Apr 03, 2020
coolcharm:
A cat with 9 lives.

If you've never been framed up before, you won't understand.

It is better to cry and save your head than from strong man and die.

Where is the so called abacha today? He died 22 years ago shocked cool

Happy birthday joor!
U are a 'mumu' there is nothing like strong man in the military. U look strong only if u have supporters. The moment there is division among the generals, then u are in trouble. Abacha got himself into trouble When he arrested Diya and other generals. It created high level of division in the Nigeria army. Abacha kept arresting and dealing with people thereby creating unnecessary enemies for himself. Nigeria is not like most of the African countries where one man will rule for 30 years. The more wicked u are, the more ur chances of dying.

2 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by Reazest: 2:08pm On Apr 03, 2020
Reazest:
U are a 'mumu' there is nothing like strong man in the military. U look strong only if u have supporters. The moment there is division among the generals, then u are in trouble. Abacha got himself into trouble When he arrested Diya and other generals. It created high level of division in the Nigeria army. Abacha kept arresting and dealing with people thereby creating unnecessary enemies for himself. Nigeria is not like most of the African countries where one man will rule for 30 years. The more wicked u are, the more ur chances of dying.
Oh sorry. I quoted the wrong person. I wanted to quote Captainrambo.
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by Kaysalas(m): 2:21pm On Apr 03, 2020
koyyes:

Thank you.

Well, desperate times call for desperate measures.
Na so, i nor blame the man sha, i nor know wetin i for do if i dey him position, but he really did Bleep up when he BOLDLY denied grovelling before al mustapha at the trial held back then, only for this video to be played for him in the law court. As a Yoruba man, i really felt ashamed for the man that day. i used to look up to him when i was younger back then. undecided it is well.
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by Reazest: 2:58pm On Apr 03, 2020
hybridblood07:
Don't mind the guy oh. Abacha that was feared all over West Africa. Some military Head of state in other part of Africa do summon advice band support from him.
Abacha would have remained in power even after he agreed to democracy. That man power no be for hear, but according to what my mum told me before I join the military, she said Diya's mother went to her home town and met with the women of this world. They assured her that her son won't die while she's still alive and it came to pass..
There was nothing special about Abacha. He was just like every other general. U only look powerful if u have the support of others. Abacha fell when he stepped on people's nose.

2 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by Amdoyin(m): 3:05pm On Apr 03, 2020
coolcharm:
A cat with 9 lives.

If you've never been framed up before, you won't understand.

It is better to cry and save your head than from strong man and die.

Where is the so called abacha today? He died 22 years ago shocked cool

Happy birthday joor!
person with sense!
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by hybridblood07(m): 3:14pm On Apr 03, 2020
Sir, there was something special about him.I'm talking from experience oh
Reazest:
There was nothing special about Abacha. He was just like every other general. U only look powerful if u have the support of others. Abacha fell when he stepped on people's nose.
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

grin
Really? A good warrior? Did he actually fire a shot at Abacha and missed.

A good warrior should never be caught on tape planning coup. Only sisi generals get caught that cheap and they redeem themselves by facing the music instead of kneeling and begging like a freaking woman.

You should have known by now that it was a phantom coup.

None of those roped into it admitted planning a coup against Abacha.

As a matter of fact, it turned out that many of them were even very loyal to Abacha.
Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:46pm On Apr 03, 2020
hybridblood07:
Don't mind the guy oh. Abacha that was feared all over West Africa. Some military Head of state in other part of Africa do summon advice band support from him.
Abacha would have remained in power even after he agreed to democracy. That man power no be for hear, but according to what my mum told me before I join the military, she said Diya's mother went to her home town and met with the women of this world. They assured her that her son won't die while she's still alive and it came to pass..

Abacha was only feared in Nigeria.

During military rule, our military was feared in Africa due to their peacekeeping missions, and their leading role in ECOMOG.

So, it was our military that was feared in Africa, not Abacha.

Abacha was just like every other dictators that we had. He was powerful because he was head of state.

2 Likes

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:53pm On Apr 03, 2020
Reazest:

Exactly.

There was nothing special about him. He was only more brutal, without giving a damn.

He was unlike Babangida who used his handsomeness and and smile to portray a good man when in fact, he was the devil. He wasn't called Maradona for nothing.

But Abacha did not know how to pretend or play politics like Babangida.

Till today, Babangida is still denying that he unjustly annulled the 1993 general election. If it were Abacha, he would tell it to your face that he did it because he felt like doing it grin

Just like Buhari said he didn't regret participating in the Civil War.

1 Like

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by BoboNkiti19: 3:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
You go fear Afonja logic: according to the "smart" Afonjas... Ojukwu is a coward for "fleeing" after the war, despite the fact that Ojukwu led his people into a war against literally the whole of Nigeria, with tacit support from super power nations like Britain & Russia... yet held on bravely for three solid years, with more loss of lives on the Federal side.

Then we have Oladipo Diya- a famous or rather infamous crying general who did a classic "Dobale" and wept like a little biTch before Abacha, and still shamelessly denied it before a whole panel until his aSS was busted with the recorded tape of him polishing Abacha's shoes with his tears... Baba couldn't even carry out a coup for starters so his credentials have been nullified already grin, but Diya was somehow a "hero" who acted on the impulse of convenience by begging for his life, a man who actually fought before running to fight another day, and a man who begged and still blatantly denied that he begged/wept like a woman before his fellow man... who's really the bigger coward? Anyway happy birthday to Baba.

1 Like

Re: Oladipo Diya Celebrates His 76th Birthday Today by hybridblood07(m): 4:12pm On Apr 03, 2020
You're absolutely right, sir but Abacha was not an ordinary dictator. Believe it or not
BluntTheApostle:

Abacha was only feared in Nigeria.

During military rule, our military was feared in Africa due to their peacekeeping missions, and their leading role in ECOMOG.

So, it was our military that was feared in Africa, not Abacha.

Abacha was just like every other dictators that we had. He was powerful because he was head of state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See How Nigerians Are Reacting To The Saraki Debacle On Twitter / President Buhari’s Daughter, Halima's Children / Ganduje Presents Staff Of Office To Emir Of Gaya At Night (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.