Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India (47327 Views)

Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos / Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case / Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by Le2money(m): 10:34pm On Apr 03, 2020
Ondo State were only been selfish jorh....he closed all inter-state borders including it's most twin state (Ekiti).....he blocked us....but now we are in dis togeda. grin grin grin
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by ThierryJay: 10:37pm On Apr 03, 2020
Humanoid01:

So in essence, it's Akeredolu's fault that Ondo state confirmed a case?

Not at all. it's figurative, like an idiom. It's like when something bad is about to happen, and then it finally happens. It can be said that the Egungun has finally entered the express. It's just to signify that a tragedy has happened. Although, in the lyrics, the fault was with the egungun who refused to heed advice. In this instance however, it's just to signify a tragedy.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by Humanoid01(m): 10:40pm On Apr 03, 2020
ThierryJay:

Not at all. it's figurative, like an idiom. It's like when something bad is about to happen, and then it finally happens. It can be said that the Egungun has finally entered the express. It's just to signify that a tragedy has happened. Although, in the lyrics, the fault was with the egungun who refused to heed advice. In this instance however, it's just to signify a tragedy.
OK! I get it now.
"Egungun don enter express" literally means "Egungun don enter wahala" . In this case, "Ondo state don enter wahala" .

1 Like

Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by tollyboy5(m): 10:40pm On Apr 03, 2020
Humanoid01:

So in essence, it's Akeredolu's fault that Ondo state confirmed a case?
Not recent hit song o! Old song that trended again , they now decide to do remix. In this case egungun don enter express moto don jam am. E don happen . Federal government was not careful lockdown should be total not just hard hit countries but it’s too late, E don happen. Egungun is dead now. Originally grin egungun should be a badagry masquerade if I’m sure
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by tollyboy5(m): 10:43pm On Apr 03, 2020
Humanoid01:

OK! I get it now.
"Egungun don enter express" literally means "Egungun don enter wahala" . In this case, "Ondo state don enter wahala" .
Correct ! grin now tell the person nxt to you “E don happen! Egungun don enter express”

1 Like

Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by Humanoid01(m): 10:43pm On Apr 03, 2020
tollyboy5:

Not recent hit song o! Old song that trended again , they now decide to do remix. In this case egungun don enter express moto don jam am. E don happen . Federal government was not careful lockdown should be total not just hard hit countries but it’s too late, E don happen. Egungun is dead now. Originally grin egungun should be a badagry masquerade if I’m sure
Lol for me, it's still not an accurate figurative for this situation. I get the point though.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by ga2017: 10:44pm On Apr 03, 2020
landmark86:
Some Nigerians are just to stupi.d.
Indian has a population of 1,387,297,452 people and 2,567 cases of Covid-19 so far.

How come a useless fellow now get contracted out of the Billions that reside dia.

Only God knows how many innocent people he don get in contact with since he return.

Well, I no too blame u but the uselesss president some foolishhh citizens voted for.
Why is it that you pple can not comment without insulting the president. This is getting too much.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by Humanoid01(m): 10:44pm On Apr 03, 2020
tollyboy5:

Correct ! grin now tell the person nxt to you “E don happen! Egungun don enter express”
LOL!
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by Insectkiller: 10:44pm On Apr 03, 2020
And I quote:

.....We have just received confirmation of our first positive #COVIDー19 case in Ondo State this evening.

As if COVID-19 case is an expected new baby..

Mtchewww
shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by MPESA(m): 10:46pm On Apr 03, 2020
GeniusWeb:
Tooorrh, just when we thought we rounding up
cheesy
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by Ladycewhy(f): 10:49pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nigerians beware of Greek gifts from any nation at this point.

First world countries are wondering why Africa has a low mortality rate. And don't mind bringing a dealer strain just so they can test their vaccines and turn us to guinea pigs.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by MansoryMX(m): 10:50pm On Apr 03, 2020
mistamexzy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh4uS4f78o

Please, this was America just a few months back.

We need to take this pandemic more seriously.

Proper education is key

Arrogance killed America and they are paying the price heavily. If Nigeria is not careful there will be one left in this blessed shiiit hole nation.
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by mofedamijo(m): 10:52pm On Apr 03, 2020
Humanoid01:

Why do people keep saying this? What does it mean?

lol, obesere sang one funny song like that, which says something like that. Most of this guys who does skits uses the video....you can check this out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2pbfkh0hiA
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by NairaMaster1(m): 10:54pm On Apr 03, 2020
A soldier that's supposed to defend us against international aggression is now a distributor of international aggressor (Kovik 1,9)
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by t00dugged(f): 10:55pm On Apr 03, 2020
Ladycewhy:
Nigerians beware of Greek gifts from any nation at this point.

First world countries are wondering why Africa has a low mortality rate. And don't mind bringing a dealer strain just so they can test their vaccines and turn us to guinea pigs.
saw it too. These colonialists never get tired and Africa that likes aids combined with our beggi beggi apc led government ,Omo na God hand we dey o.cant even trust our government to choose their people over Greek gifts from wicked colonialists.
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by AAhmdi(m): 10:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
Abdulrahman1000:
Any1 shld try to help me out even if its to eat plz, Gtb 01.244613,99 Abuba k,ar Abdul.r ah.man, u wil never. beg to eat in ur entire lifetime amen.

Would have really love to help, but sincerely speaking i dont have...
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by ZombiePUNISHER: 11:04pm On Apr 03, 2020
landmark86:
Some Nigerians are just to stupi.d.
Indian has a population of 1,387,297,452 people and 2,567 cases of Covid-19 so far.

How come a useless fellow now get contracted out of the Billions that reside dia.

Only God knows how many innocent people he don get in contact with since he return.

Well, I no too blame u but the uselesss president some foolishhh citizens voted for.

A useless president who can't just close our damn borders...

People are still coming back
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by OlawaleBammie: 11:08pm On Apr 03, 2020
Humanoid01:

Lol, guy u funny
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by ThierryJay: 11:10pm On Apr 03, 2020
Humanoid01:

OK! I get it now.

Absolutely.
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by Beautyaddy: 11:12pm On Apr 03, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
Diasporans send in billions of dollars annually into our country and therefore we can't discriminate them at this time

Also the Chinese help build almost all of the infrastructures in Nigeria.

So yes, Nigerians cannot be without the Chinese.
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by OlawaleBammie: 11:14pm On Apr 03, 2020
AIT1:
I'm tired of all these Corona News already.

I wish I can just sleep and wake up only everything is back to normalcy.

Ahahahahaha

Take villium 5 bro, it works wonders grin
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by akunjohn(m): 11:15pm On Apr 03, 2020
Humanoid01:

Yam pepper, scatter scatter grin

He don finally happen
Or...
The cat has finally been let out of the bag.
The shit has hit the fan....u don grab am now?
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by Idultimate: 11:15pm On Apr 03, 2020
but excuse me, how did he flew in this evening when no plane is flying in OR out of India since. Even Ethiopia Airlines suspended flight in/out of India till further notice....
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by Charly68: 11:16pm On Apr 03, 2020
AIT1:
I'm tired of all these Corona News already.

I wish I can just sleep and wake up only everything is back to normalcy.
Love your dream Bros ..embark on serious prayer ,because Corona is a wild fire that our leaders action have provoked his wrath ..They want to run but the gate is even closed so no visa for anybody now till God says otherwise ..
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by Vick14: 11:20pm On Apr 03, 2020
Humanoid01:
It means something has gotten out of control or a particular thing is not usual
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by noziz(m): 11:23pm On Apr 03, 2020
:oNo day wey person go open internet wey e no go see new cases. Chai! E just be like sey did coro coro no go finish again o.

As e dey go so, this lockdown fit go reach 1month or more!

Make God kukuma come, make everybody dey go house!
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by uuzba(m): 11:25pm On Apr 03, 2020
Humanoid01:

There's the Yoruba tradition of a masquerade (Egungun) walking about the streets with a whip. He and his followers, just torment shop owners, retailers, extorting money from them. (The general laziness of Yoruba people)....
Anyway, after some time, people learnt to lockup their shops during this masqurade season. As a result of which, the Egungun and his guys, walk the full street without getting any free cash from anyone. And later find themselves on the highway in a failed quest. There's no where else to go.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by Vick14: 11:26pm On Apr 03, 2020
ThierryJay:

It's from a recent hit song by Obesere with the lyrics "egungun be careful, na express you dey go, if you reach express na motor don jam u, e don happen"

In this context I think it means trouble (Corona) has finally landed in Akeredolu's domain just like when egungun meets tragedy when it finally reaches the express.

It is not a recent hit song by Obesere. It was one of his songs in the 90s.
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by bluefilm: 11:30pm On Apr 03, 2020
But why can't all these returnees just respect themselves and stay back in their coronavirus infested community?

Why are they rushing back to the shithole?

They wanna get cured in the shithole or they feel it is better for them to be buried in the shithole?

Na wa o!
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by iPOOPinURmouth: 11:33pm On Apr 03, 2020
corona virus is clear proof that bad things always happen to good people. an average european is kind hearted. an average blak man has a heart as black as his ass. see them, they are not dieing, na all the white good europeans dey die

1 Like

Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by sucess001(m): 11:34pm On Apr 03, 2020
How in Gods name are they still allowing flights I to the country??

The idiiiiots lock up 200 million people and allow people potentially with the virus to breeze in anyhow??
Re: Ondo Records First Case Of Coronavirus, Military Officer Who Returned From India by femi4: 11:46pm On Apr 03, 2020
Humanoid01:

Be warned, Be careful

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A True Tale Of My Old Friend, Now Insane And Roams About The Streets. / Some Coronavirus Patients Gave Wrong Information - Lagos Commissioner For Health / 19 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 362. 99 Discharged. 11 Deaths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.