Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans (21135 Views)

Kenyans Duped Into Wearing Pants As Face Masks To Prevent COVID-19 / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump / Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by gabby227(m): 11:27am On Apr 04, 2020
I
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by EzzyCarter: 11:27am On Apr 04, 2020
angry
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by ttshems(m): 11:27am On Apr 04, 2020
God save Us all
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Ezyp(m): 11:27am On Apr 04, 2020
helinues:

Confused America
No...WHO are the ones confused

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by bobobri(m): 11:27am On Apr 04, 2020
They should better act fast, the number of people dieing everyday in usa is increaseing....may God have mercy

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by ped007(m): 11:30am On Apr 04, 2020
pls who is @seun

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by ivolt: 11:30am On Apr 04, 2020
Expect the conspiracy sheeple to change their minds.
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by nijabazaar: 11:30am On Apr 04, 2020
MrPRevailer:
The CDC denied Americans tests until it became a pandemic.

Pope Francis said in 2015, there was need to create health institutions across the globe to accomplish the one world government adgwnda. The create of Global CDC is one of those achievements.

If you have data, follow 'China Uncensored' on youtube for uncensored news.

Rolls eyes at your propaganda

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by ivolt: 11:30am On Apr 04, 2020
Ezyp:

No...WHO are the ones confused
Trump worshipper?

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by canDy4eva(f): 11:31am On Apr 04, 2020
Do all you can to stay safe but trust me A WATCH MAN WATCHETH IN VAIN IF THE LORD IS NOT WITH HIM!

JESUS CHRIST IS THE SOLUTION!
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by ivolt: 11:32am On Apr 04, 2020
oyeb15:
Compulsory use of face masks ,hand gloves and social distancing is d solution.

Say NO to Lockdown.

FreeNigerians#
How are you going to force drivers to wear nose masks?
They won't even use seat belts.

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by bigiyaro(m): 11:32am On Apr 04, 2020
where is that guy that was arguing with me, when I said WHO's recommendation that face mask is not necessary except for sick people and care giver, is a reckless and careless recommendation.
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by ivolt: 11:33am On Apr 04, 2020
MrPRevailer:
The CDC denied Americans tests until it became a pandemic.

Pope Francis said in 2015, there was need to create health institutions across the globe to accomplish the one world government adgwnda. The create of Global CDC is one of those achievements.

If you have data, follow 'China Uncensored' on youtube for uncensored news.
Anyone who takes YouTube as a source of legitimate news is uninformed.
You are nothing but a cash cow to the loonies.

Stop being a lazy person.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by ud4u: 11:33am On Apr 04, 2020
That's their own cup of tea, for Nigerians we don wise up.

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by ivolt: 11:33am On Apr 04, 2020
EdidemLord:
They misunderstood Trump initially.Trump argued that Wearing a factory mask may give you and impression that you are actually well protected from the virus thereby allowing you mingle with others which...Also arguing that Social distance is atleast for now the best way to stop the spread.
Another Trump worshipper.

Who misunderstood Trump?

2 Likes

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by oyeb15: 11:34am On Apr 04, 2020
ivolt:

How are you going to force drivers to wear nose masks?
They won't even use seat belts.

The method they use in sealing boundaries ,arresting defaulters and keeping people at home during Lockdown can be used.
Strict measures and compliance.

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Seun(m): 11:34am On Apr 04, 2020
sammyj:
Nobody advised agianst face mask

How about this tweet by the US Surgeon general:
Seriously people- STOP BUYING MASKS! They are NOT effective in preventing general public from catching #Coronavirus, but if healthcare providers can’t get them to care for sick patients, it puts them and our communities at risk!

WHO said people should only wear it if they are sneezing or coughing or taking care of Coronavirus patients.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by ivolt: 11:37am On Apr 04, 2020
oyeb15:

The method the use in sealing boundaries ,arresting defaulters and keeping people at home can be used.
None of those methods is actually working as they should.
If it works, Osun will not have a single case of the virus due to returnees breaching border closure.

Okadas are still working in some part of Lagos.

People are on the streets playing football while some congregate in large numbers to spread rumors
as the beer parlors have closed.

Mask works but only in conjunction with testing and effective social distance.

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 0taPiaPia(m): 11:40am On Apr 04, 2020
World health organisation should be shut down till further notice.. their insinuations on this virus of a thing has been the direct opposite right from day one. Abi are they in partnership with evil Chinese

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Chapii: 11:40am On Apr 04, 2020
Good Move. Trump is about to loose my admiration for him because of this.
It is simple logic. Body fluid from mouth and nose of infected persons causes the virus to spread so when you are out of your house cover your mouth & Nose so that your body fluid do not go out in public. Even talking can spread the Virus.

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by oyeb15: 11:40am On Apr 04, 2020
ivolt:

None of those methods is actually working as they should.
If it works, Osun will not have a single case of the virus due to returnees breaching border closure.

Okadas are still working in some part of Lagos.

People are on the streets playing football while some congregate in large numbers to spread rumors
as the beer parlors have closed.

Mask works but only in conjunction with testing and effective social distance.
Yea. Government can also effect strict penalty on anyone caught not wearing mask and gloves with distancing. You know our law enforcements like making money. This Lockdown is having severe effect on Nigerians.
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by lordkay10(m): 11:41am On Apr 04, 2020
Seun:

Here in Nigeria, Cross River and Abia states have decided to allow people to come out of their homes if they have face-masks on. The Government of Abia State even charged tailors to sew 3 million face-masks because imported face-masks are scarce right now.

We are waiting for the federal government to implement this policy nationally so that we can shut down the Coronavirus instead of shutting down our economy.
While this seems to be the rational thing to do, we must not forget that most Nigerians ain't rational in thinking and their approach to critical issues. This idea won't work here because people will only use the face mask as a pass to go out of their homes, only to remove it at their various place of work. If you're in doubt, see the way Nigerians treat the use of seatbelts

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by CanadaOrBust: 11:42am On Apr 04, 2020
Seun:
It looks as if the reign of the dreaded Coronavirus is nearing its end as countries are beginning to realize that the WHO’s guidance against wearing face-masks is comically, tragically, obviously, and totally wrong.

For example:
https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-04-03/cdc-recommends-wearing-face-masks-during-coronavirus-pandemic

Here in Nigeria, Cross River and Abia states have decided to allow people to come out of their homes if they have face-masks on. The Government of Abia State even charged tailors to sew 3 million face-masks because imported face-masks are scarce right now.

We are waiting for the federal government to implement this policy nationally so that we can shut down the Coronavirus instead of shutting down our economy.

PLEASE CREATE ANOTHER THREAD EMPHASIZING THAT FACE-MASKS ARE NO SUBSTITUTE FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING (staying 6ft from people)!!!!!

This is EXTREMELY important as fask-mask will tend to give a FALSE sense of security!! Face-masks are mainly to prevent u giving it to others.
IT DOES NOT PROTECT U ALL THAT MUCH!!!

2 Likes

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by MrPRevailer(m): 11:43am On Apr 04, 2020
ivolt:

Anyone who takes YouTube as a source of legitimate news is uninformed.
You are nothing but a cash cow to the loonies.

Stop being a lazy person.

Stop being cheap. Youtube is a source for all information both good and bad. Are you telling me I cannot now at this moment upload truthful info on YouTube because I offer transparent journalism?
No, YouTube will not prohibit me. But they can demonetize my contents. That's what they're doing to 'China uncensored' and other channels I follow.

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by GeneralPula: 11:44am On Apr 04, 2020
The thing don dey enter Yankee pass Italy self...
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by tunene66: 11:51am On Apr 04, 2020
Seun:
It looks as if the reign of the dreaded Coronavirus is nearing its end as countries are beginning to realize that the WHO’s guidance against wearing face-masks is comically, tragically, obviously, and totally wrong.

For example:
https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-04-03/cdc-recommends-wearing-face-masks-during-coronavirus-pandemic

PS:

Let's get the context right
The question is does wearing a face mask prevent the one wearing it from being infected from Convid-19 ? The answer is NO
The issue is the one wearing the mask can prevent the virus from spreading by wearing the face mask.
Since there are large numbers of those infected who are asymptotic (not showing any symptoms), then it is advisable for all to put the mask on in public

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by ivolt: 11:51am On Apr 04, 2020
MrPRevailer:

Stop being cheap. Youtube is a source for all information both good and bad. Are you telling me I cannot now at this moment upload truthful info on YouTube because I offer transparent journalism?
No, YouTube will not prohibit me. But they can demonetize my contents. That's what they're doing to 'China uncensored' and other channels I follow.

Hahaha
YouTube is a potent source of misinformation that even Google is struggling to make sense of.
You are missing the point, propagandist doesn't need Google to make money.

All they need are subscribers and believers and they will swimming in millions using tested digital
strategies.

You need to check the meaning of Journalism.
If I upload a video on YouTube and claim that FFK is an illegitimate child of OBJ,
that doesn't make me a journalist as any dick and harry can upload whatever they want.

If you want to learn about how to increase the brightness of your phone, YouTube can help,
but politics?
It is all garbage and lies for the ignorant.

2 Likes

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Kolping: 11:52am On Apr 04, 2020
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by InvertedHammer: 11:53am On Apr 04, 2020
/
CDC is as confused as ever. Because of scarcity of PPE, they started relaxing some of the protocols. My advice is to wear whatever anyone feels necessary, proper and comfortable to protect himself or herself. At the end of the day, it is your life. Wearing a glove should be for immediate use, then discard.

\

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by buJu234: 11:54am On Apr 04, 2020
Please let enforce wearing masks because this is wat is helping Asian nations like Singapore, hongkong, Japan, China..

Especially now that they said that the virus can be transmitted via talking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anambra Ministry Rescues Mentally-ill Mum & Her Infant From The Streets (Pics) / Newborn Baby Abandoned By Roadside In Minna (Photo) / Lagos Lady Dies After Drinking Insecticide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.