Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans (21116 Views)

Kenyans Duped Into Wearing Pants As Face Masks To Prevent COVID-19 / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump / Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by GboyegaD(m): 11:55am On Apr 04, 2020
Asking people to come out wearing face mask isn't the best solution. Social distancing is better because it reduces the probability of a contact meeting many people thereby spreading it.

As for WHO, I guess the initial challenge was that they never thought of it as airborne.

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Makavelli25: 11:58am On Apr 04, 2020
ped007:
pls who is @seun
The owner of this forum
And he made this post
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by MrPRevailer(m): 11:58am On Apr 04, 2020
Seun:

How about this tweet by the US Surgeon general:

WHO said people should only wear it if they are sneezing or coughing or taking care of Coronavirus patients.

And it so happens that Coronavirus can be spread by simply breathing or talking.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/490831-coronavirus-could-spread-through-talking-and

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by MrPRevailer(m): 12:01pm On Apr 04, 2020
angry
Chapii:
Good Move. Trump is about to loose my admiration for him because of this.
It is simple logic. Body fluid from mouth and nose of infected persons causes the virus to spread so when you are out of your house cover your mouth & Nose so that your body fluid do not go out in public. Even talking can spread the Virus.

The CDC and deep State fought hard to get Coronavirus into America and spreading undetected. I know the story.
Even in January when infected Americans were in the cruise ship Japan, Trump ordered that they must not be allowed to U.S until they are cured. However, someone, overided the Presidential order and brought them in. Trump was very furious.
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by macjireh: 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2020
dazzlingd:
God Airpus

Who remembers pastor Chris oyakhilome the great miracle healer, cured several thousands of people, the lame, the deaf, blind, cancer patients, kidney diseases etc....he was indeed a serial healer, this is when we need him most to the magic....
By now, we should be hearing; pastor! There is a coronavirus patient here, he has been healed!!!.

Chai, that bros don scam boys!!

But all our powerful prophets have all gone to hiding waiting for coronavirus to be over so they can start healing again....Adeboye, Tb joshua, Oyedepo, where hath thou
goan read d Bible and show us where u see prophets or Jesus searching to heal d sick,,,instead d sick made effort to meet Jesus to be healed...did ur government send for pastors and d pastors refused to come?
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by MrPRevailer(m): 12:06pm On Apr 04, 2020
ivolt:

Hahaha
YouTube is a potent source of misinformation that even Google is struggling to make sense of.
You are missing the point, propagandist doesn't need Google to make money.

All they need are subscribers and believers and they will swimming in millions using tested digital
strategies.

You need to check the meaning of Journalism.
If I upload a video on YouTube and claim that FFK is an illegitimate child of OBJ,
that doesn't make me a journalist as any dick and harry can upload whatever they want.

If you want to learn about how to increase the brightness of your phone, YouTube can help,
but politics?
It is all garbage and lies for the ignorant.

I'm 90% accurate you probably use Google for your searches. Well did you know the YouTube is owned by Google. And both are censoring tons of information and diemminating misinformation in loads.
Well, I know all that. However, YouTube don't stop sincere journalist, conservatives, rightists, Christians from posting contents. What they can do is demonetize your content so that it's not seen by millions or hundreds of thousands, even though you have millions of subscribers. And now, they unsubscribe people from 'dangerous' channels.

YouTube is like a basket full of good and really bad eggs. Same with Facebook and twitter. It's all one big Monopoly.

EDIT: I just used journalism as example, common sense.
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 04, 2020
Seun:
It looks as if the reign of the dreaded Coronavirus is nearing its end as countries are beginning to realize that the WHO’s guidance against wearing face-masks is comically, tragically, obviously, and totally wrong.

For example:
https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-04-03/cdc-recommends-wearing-face-masks-during-coronavirus-pandemic

PS:
Here in Nigeria, Cross River and Abia states have decided to allow people to come out of their homes if they have face-masks on. The Government of Abia State even charged tailors to sew 3 million face-masks because imported face-masks are scarce right now.

We are waiting for the federal government to implement this policy nationally so that we can shut down the Coronavirus instead of shutting down our economy.

The cdc hasn't exactly covered itself in gold as far as this pandemic is concerned.

Attacking this requires a multi pronged approach. The face masks are not n95, and can give a false sense of security. Masks are only one point. Clean hands, clean surfaces, social distancing.

I had a small stash and when this started, I sent my kids to school with masks only for them to start getting weird looks from their teachers and fellow students.

The mystery that has not been solved is our low corona mortality.

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Miracle1991: 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2020
Seun:
It looks as if the reign of the dreaded Coronavirus is nearing its end as countries are beginning to realize that the WHO’s guidance against wearing face-masks is comically, tragically, obviously, and totally wrong.

For example:
https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-04-03/cdc-recommends-wearing-face-masks-during-coronavirus-pandemic

PS:
Here in Nigeria, Cross River and Abia states have decided to allow people to come out of their homes if they have face-masks on. The Government of Abia State even charged tailors to sew 3 million face-masks because imported face-masks are scarce right now.

We are waiting for the federal government to implement this policy nationally so that we can shut down the Coronavirus instead of shutting down our economy.
has it stop the spread of the viruses in the US? Just yesterday about 2000 death were recorded within 24hrs. Is that the kind of policy you want Nigeria to adapt?

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 04, 2020
Seun:

For example:

PS:

Seun see this post

https://www.nairaland.com/5772320/how-should-spend-billions-donation#5772320.6
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Kalusam(m): 12:30pm On Apr 04, 2020
I just hope the federal government of Nigeria makes this a nationwide thing, we cannot ask everyone to sit at home many farmers needs to attend to their crops, to avoid looming famine after the lockdown!

Seun:

For example:

PS:

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by blowjohn(m): 12:30pm On Apr 04, 2020
mployer:
Can you imagine?

So WHO actually advised against wearing face mask?

Those guys are never serious. I listened to their press conference talking about domestic violence as a result of the self-isolation, lol. When there is a more pressing issue.

The same WHO that advised against chloroquine o.
Useless people
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by blowjohn(m): 12:32pm On Apr 04, 2020
bigiyaro:
where is that guy that was arguing with me, when I said WHO's recommendation that face mask is not necessary except for sick people and care giver, is a reckless and careless recommendation.

No mind those people. Them full nairaland. The chinese that used it in millions were fools abi

2 Likes

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 04, 2020
WHO (The World Health Organisation) has lost all credibility since this corona-virus pandemic started. Bunch of incompetent idiots

2 Likes

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 12:39pm On Apr 04, 2020
akinjojo1234:
WHO (The World Health Organisation) has lost all credibility since this corona-virus pandemic started. Bunch of incompetent idiots
blowjohn:
Useless people
Kalusam:
I just hope the federal government of Nigeria makes this a nationwide thing, we cannot ask everyone to sit at home many farmers needs to attend to their crops, to avoid looming famine after the lockdown!
akinjojo1234:
Seun:

The CDC face mask recommendation that Trump immediately said he will NOT be following?

Anyway, Covid-19 is a new virus with new developments everyday, and thus everyone is making it up as we go along...
Danger is that wearing face masks will lure folks into a sense of security that they will not be infected, and they stop social distancing.

Good luck to us all.
>

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 12:42pm On Apr 04, 2020
Kalusam:

Farmers are NOT being asked to stay at home...
The PTF specifically exempted farmers and those supplying agricultural inputs (like fertilizer, etc.).
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 12:52pm On Apr 04, 2020
blowjohn:
Useless people

Is chloroquine working na?
Abegi, don’t go commit involuntary suicide seeking medical advice from Nairaland! grin
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by somehow: 12:53pm On Apr 04, 2020
This is not the solution o.

Let us wait for like 1 month before deciding to go this route. we are not sheep, should not be following US up and down like a sheep. They are not a model to follow on this pandemic issue, we rather follow countries that have shown proof of curtaining the virus, not the ones recording hundreds of death daily.

Seun:

For example:

PS:

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 12:55pm On Apr 04, 2020
somehow:
This is not the solution o.

Let us wait for like 1 month before deciding to go this route. we are not sheep, should not be following US up and down like a sheep. They are not a model to follow on this pandemic issue, we rather follow countries that have shown proof of curtaining the virus, not the ones recording hundreds of death daily.
ornicus:
The cdc hasn't exactly covered itself in gold as far as this pandemic is concerned.

Attacking this requires a multi pronged approach. The face masks are not n95, and can give a false sense of security. Masks are only one point. Clean hands, clean surfaces, social distancing.

I had a small stash and when this started, I sent my kids to school with masks only for them to start getting weird looks from their teachers and fellow students.

The mystery that has not been solved is our low corona mortality.

Well said!
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 1:05pm On Apr 04, 2020
MrPRevailer:
angry

The CDC and deep State fought hard to get Coronavirus into America and spreading undetected. I know the story.
Even in January when infected Americans were in the cruise ship Japan, Trump ordered that they must not be allowed to U.S until they are cured. However, someone, overided the Presidential order and brought them in. Trump was very furious.

Quit abegi... embarassed

No US official or agency can override a presidential directive...
The reality is that Trump has been all over the map on Covid-19.

Initially, called it a ‘hoax’ and then thought it’d disappear after a couple of weeks....
Even as recently as last week, he was thinking that it will be largely gone by Easter. SMH
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Kalusam(m): 1:09pm On Apr 04, 2020
The wearing of masks has been proven to reduce the spread of the Virus, a case in point is the Czech Republic where there is a nationwide lock down and mask must be worn if anyone plans to go out of their building for shopping and essential services.
9jaRealist:

The CDC face mask recommendation that Trump immediately said he will NOT be following?

Anyway, Covid-19 is a new virus with new developments everyday, and thus everyone is making it up as we go along...
Danger is that wearing face masks will lure folks into a sense of security that they will not be infected, and they stop social distancing.

Good luck to us all.
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by szurkallaini(m): 1:14pm On Apr 04, 2020
Shame at last, following China foot print. Not washing hands again, thank God we practice both two: mixed economy
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Kalusam(m): 1:15pm On Apr 04, 2020
The issue is that the front line enforcers are busy harassing and even arresting anyone(including farmers and input suppliers) who they see, asking for their ID(which is fine). But, how many farmers has an ID ?, how many farmers will risk themselves to want to go out in this scenario? That was my point.
9jaRealist:

Farmers are NOT being asked to stay at home...
The PTF specifically exempted farmers and those supplying agricultural inputs (like fertilizer, etc.).
>

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Kalusam(m): 1:20pm On Apr 04, 2020
My point exactly, wearing masks doesn't cure Corona...it prevents the spread, and it can be spread by talking - something that any asymptomatic Corona virus carrier can do easily without them or others knowing that they are spreading it!

ETWs:
Saying healthy don't need to wear the mask is not in order. How will one know he doesn't have the virus without testing? Even if one tests negative, what if the person contracts it after the test?. Everyone should wear, healthy or not..

1 Like

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 1:24pm On Apr 04, 2020
Kalusam:
The wearing of masks has been proven to reduce the spread of the Virus, a case in point is the Czech Republic where there is a nationwide lock down and mask must be worn if anyone plans to go out of their building for shopping and essential services.

In the absence of detailed studies...
Don’t presume because two things are happening simultaneously, there’s necessarily a causative link. Truth is we presently don’t know if there is.

As I previously noted, Covid-19 is new and EVERYONE is scrambling and learning new things everyday...
Nonetheless, EVERYONE (including the CDC and WHO) acts on the ‘best’ evidence available at any point in time.
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by funshint(m): 1:27pm On Apr 04, 2020
But I feel just a little common sense should tell you that wearing a nose cover is essential!
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Kalusam(m): 1:38pm On Apr 04, 2020
There are detailed studies, this is is one which was highlighted in this video below. for those who feel using masks is a waste of time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2azcn7MqOU

9jaRealist:

In the absence of detailed studies...
Don’t presume because two things are happening simultaneously, there’s necessarily a causative link. Truth is we presently don’t know if there is.

As I previously noted, Covid-19 is new and EVERYONE is scrambling and learning new things everyday...
Nonetheless, EVERYONE (including the CDC and WHO) acts on the ‘best’ evidence available at any point in time.
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Nobody: 1:47pm On Apr 04, 2020
mployer:
Can you imagine?

So WHO actually advised against wearing face mask?

Those guys are never serious. I listened to their press conference talking about domestic violence as a result of the self-isolation, lol. When there is a more pressing issue.
WHO and Bill Gates are more concerned about population control. They actually wanted this thing to escalate that's why they said the virus cannot be transmitted from human to human in January. It is all part of the Green New deal (saving planet earth) they want population to reduce. Have you ever wondered why HIV still has no cure till today? HIV is the biggest tool to stop people from having unprotected sex. All HIV foundations are funded by Bill Gates who is obsessed with population control now he plans to release a vaccine for the coronavirus. It's all a big plan we're just sheep to these people
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 2:10pm On Apr 04, 2020
Kalusam:
There are detailed studies, this is is one which was highlighted in this video below. for those who feel using masks is a waste of time:

Like I said, new decisions are being made as new evidence surfaces...
However, the video is still consistent with masks preventing transmission rather than infection.

PS: Btw, from a scientific point of view...
The aerosols depicted in the video might not necessarily be enough to infect cells, but that’s a whole different topic.
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 2:23pm On Apr 04, 2020
MrPRevailer:
And it so happens that Coronavirus can be spread by simply breathing or talking.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/490831-coronavirus-could-spread-through-talking-and

That has yet to be proven...

New evidence is emerging about that POSSIBILITY...
But where viral aerosols have been seen or studied thus far, it has not been shown to be enough to infect cells.

What has been scientifically established BEYOND DOUBT thus far is that droplets are infectious...
Accordingly, regardless of whatever else we do, social distancing is IMPERATIVE - and thus all such advice thus far still holds.
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by linearity: 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2020
dazzlingd:
God Airpus

Who remembers pastor Chris oyakhilome the great miracle healer, cured several thousands of people, the lame, the deaf, blind, cancer patients, kidney diseases etc....he was indeed a serial healer, this is when we need him most to the magic....
By now, we should be hearing; pastor! There is a coronavirus patient here, he has been healed!!!.

Chai, that bros don scam boys!!

But all our powerful prophets have all gone to hiding waiting for coronavirus to be over so they can start healing again....Adeboye, Tb joshua, Oyedepo, where hath thou

As in...

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2020
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 2:29pm On Apr 04, 2020
tunene66:
Let's get the context right
The question is does wearing a face mask prevent the one wearing it from being infected from Convid-19 ? The answer is NO
The issue is the one wearing the mask can prevent the virus from spreading by wearing the face mask.
Since there are large numbers of those infected who are asymptotic (not showing any symptoms), then it is advisable for all to put the mask on in public

BLESS YOU!
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Squeezing Bosoms "Can Stop Cancer" / Ladies: How To Know If You Have A Loose Vagiina (photo) / Anambra Ministry Rescues Mentally-ill Mum & Her Infant From The Streets (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.