Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,027 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:50 PM

‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans (21500 Views)

Kenyans Duped Into Wearing Pants As Face Masks To Prevent COVID-19 / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump / Coronavirus: US Testing Maurice Iwu’s Drug - Ogbonanya Onu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 2:34pm On Apr 04, 2020
VirusVaccine:
The world is totally confused grin grin grin

Everyone is making things up as they go along... grin

Good luck to us all.
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by MrPRevailer(m): 2:36pm On Apr 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

That has yet to be proven...

New evidence is emerging about that POSSIBILITY...
But where viral aerosols have been seen or studied thus far, it has not been shown to be enough to infect cells.

What has been scientifically established BEYOND DOUBT thus far is that droplets are infectious...
Accordingly, regardless of whatever else we do, social distancing is IMPERATIVE - and thus all such advice thus far still holds.
>

Lol. Do you know what you are saying? One cell is enough to breakdown and multiply.
Also it is verified by scientists. Not an assumption.
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Kalusam(m): 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2020
I have never stated masks prevent infection, I said it prevents the spread of the virus.

If you have time, you can watch the full documentary and, these information I am sharing is to educate people.
It is only sensible for people cover their mouth and nose to avoid the spread. Especially places like Nigeria where people live closely together in face me i face you and have large families.

My point is, if some countries have seen success with enforcing nose masks and there are research works supporting this, why wait for WHO to tell you to cover your mouth and nose especially when the same organisation told the world earlier that Covid-19 does not transmit from person to person.

Happy watching:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKMzYUkDGOs

9jaRealist:

Like I said, new decisions are being made as new evidence surfaces...
However, the video is still consistent with masks preventing transmission rather than infection.

PS: Btw, from a scientific point of view...
The aerosols depicted in the video might not necessarily be enough to infect cells, but that’s a whole different topic.
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2020
Seun:
How about this tweet by the US Surgeon general:

That tweet is CORRECT...
And consistent with available evidence.

Face masks can prevent transmission...
But there’s NO evidence that regular masks can prevent infection.
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by MrPRevailer(m): 2:41pm On Apr 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

Quit abegi... embarassed

No US official or agency can override a presidential directive...
The reality is that Trump has been all over the map on Covid-19.

Initially, called it a ‘hoax’ and then thought it’d disappear after a couple of weeks....
Even as recently as last week, he was thinking that it will be largely gone by Easter. SMH
>

Ok I heard you. The video evidence/news is out there. But It didn't happen. I've heard you.

9jaRealist reporting from his bed.
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 2:55pm On Apr 04, 2020
MrPRevailer:
Lol. Do you know what you are saying? One cell is enough to breakdown and multiply.
Also it is verified by scientists. Not an assumption.

Aerosols are NOT cells...
There are simply airborne biological particles.

Accordingly, the viral load on aerosols have to be enough to infect human cells (and do so within the period that virus is actively infectious). Studies thus far (albeit of course limited as Covid-19 is a new virus) have not been able to establish that, where there are Covid-19 aerosols, there would be able to infect human cells.
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 3:04pm On Apr 04, 2020
MrPRevailer:
Ok I heard you. The video evidence/news is out there. But It didn't happen. I've heard you.

9jaRealist reporting from his bed.

Please feel free to share video evidence of this...
And evidence doesn’t mean some right-wing nut job pulling stuff out of his sitter on video (Alex Jones-style).

You seem to be very conversant with YouTube...
So it easy for you to pull up those press conferences/releases where US officials overruled the US President.

In fact, I CHALLENGE you to do so... we will wait...
Meanwhile, since we are going to be waiting for a while (probably forever), abegi let me kuku return to my bed. grin
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 3:14pm On Apr 04, 2020
0taPiaPia:
World health organisation should be shut down till further notice.. their insinuations on this virus of a thing has been the direct opposite right from day one. Abi are they in partnership with evil Chinese

Would you rather they be in partnership with the “evil” West (or perhaps the “evil” Africans)? undecided
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 3:18pm On Apr 04, 2020
mployer:
Can you imagine?

So WHO actually advised against wearing face mask?

Those guys are never serious. I listened to their press conference talking about domestic violence as a result of the self-isolation, lol. When there is a more pressing issue.

So you view domestic violence as a laughing matter? SMH... undecided
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by mployer(m): 3:21pm On Apr 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

So you view domestic violence as a laughing matter? SMH... undecided
>

It fades in comparison with covid_19.

Moreover what made you think isolation can cause domestic violence? It's weird, senseless and distracting thought pattern.
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by blowjohn(m): 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

Is chloroquine working na?
Abegi, don’t go commit involuntary suicide seeking medical advice from Nairaland! grin
>

U think its Trump that just woke up one day and said chloroquine works. Dont u know he has a medical team of experts?
Hasn't the FDA approved it for use?
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by VillagePipu: 3:23pm On Apr 04, 2020
Zombiekiller010:
There is a WhatsApp Audio going viral , part of the Audio says China 5g is the one killing people which makes China come up with the name corona virus as a cover up and that Buhari as been offered $1b for lock down while the installation of 5g is taking place, then video of Dino malaye followed the Audio saying 5g mast has been installed in lagos & maitama Abjua. Please whats going on ?

If you believe this nonsense, you can't have sense in your life again. Too late.
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 3:27pm On Apr 04, 2020
blowjohn:
U think its Trump that just woke up one day and said chloroquine works. Dont u know he has a medical team of experts?
Hasn't the FDA approved it for use?

NOPE! The FDA hasn’t...
So sadly it is Trump who “woke up one day and said chloroquine works” (to quote you)! tongue

As for those taking this pandemic more seriously...
Chloroquine was fast-tracked for clinical trials - but sadly evidence thus far is not promising.
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by blackslayer: 3:33pm On Apr 04, 2020
mployer:
Can you imagine?

So WHO actually advised against wearing face mask?

Those guys are never serious. I listened to their press conference talking about domestic violence as a result of the self-isolation, lol. When there is a more pressing issue.

the head of WHO is just a figure head poster child. a boot licking desert nigger from ethiopia! trust any organization with your life at your own peril. take common sense measures to protect your life! avoid people , wear masks if you must venture out and wash/sanitize your hands frequently. Also, load up on immunity building supplements and eat lots of fruits!
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by mployer(m): 3:37pm On Apr 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

NOPE! The FDA hasn’t...
So sadly it is Trump who “woke up one day and said chloroquine works” (to quote you)! tongue

Chloroquine was fast-tracked for clinical trials - but sadly evidence thus far is not promising.
>

You are miles behind the news. FDA has approved chloroquine.

France has approved it too. Stop make assertions from old news.
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by blowjohn(m): 3:37pm On Apr 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

NOPE! The FDA hasn’t...

>

Oga.
R u in the village ni?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsandler/2020/03/30/fda-approves-anti-malarial-drugs-chloroquine-and-hydroxychloroquine-for-emergency-coronavirus-treatment/amp/

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by mployer(m): 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2020
tunene66:

Let's get the context right
The question is does wearing a face mask prevent the one wearing it from being infected from Convid-19 ? The answer is NO
The issue is the one wearing the mask can prevent the virus from spreading by wearing the face mask.
Since there are large numbers of those infected who are asymptotic (not showing any symptoms), then it is advisable for all to put the mask on in public

It can prevent from getting infected. You have your nose and mouth protected. Those are the easiest access the virus has. you
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 0taPiaPia(m): 3:55pm On Apr 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

Would you rather they be in partnership with the “evil” West (or perhaps the “evil” Africans)? undecided
>

Ok then.. let's enjoy the season while it last
cool grin
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2020
blowjohn:
Oga.
R u in the village ni?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsandler/2020/03/30/fda-approves-anti-malarial-drugs-chloroquine-and-hydroxychloroquine-for-emergency-coronavirus-treatment/amp/

Abegi, stop substituting reporters’ colloquialisms for fact... grin

Below is link to the FDA’s ACTUAL STATEMENT...
And the first line of the 2d paragraph SPECIFIES that the FDA has NOT approved any drug for the treatment of Covid-19.

https://www.fda.gov/media/136536/download
>

Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by blowjohn(m): 4:21pm On Apr 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

Abegi, stop substituting reporters’ colloquialisms for fact... grin

Below is link to the FDA’s ACTUAL STATEMENT...
And the first line of the 2d paragraph SPECIFIES that the FDA has NOT approved any drug for the treatment of Covid-19.
>

I give up on u o. Something the whole world watch on CNN that doesn't like trump
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 4:28pm On Apr 04, 2020
mployer:
It can prevent from getting infected. You have your nose and mouth protected. Those are the easiest access the virus has. you

All you need to do is to touch a door knob, hug or shake hands with an asymptomatic infected person (who may not be as hygienic as you - eg, coughed into their own hands) and then rub your eyes (or touch your nose and mouth when you get home, depending on how long thereafter). Best to think of masks as preventing you transmitting it to others, and observe all social distancing protocols.
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 4:32pm On Apr 04, 2020
blowjohn:
I give up on u o. Something the whole world watch on CNN that doesn't like trump

I have posted the FDA’s OFFICIAL STATEMENT...
And you’re going on about CNN, as if it’s any better than ChannelsTV.

This is an OFFICIAL US DOCUMENT that will end up in the Library of Congress.
And you think it can be overridden by some editorial comment by a journalist. SMH

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11309804_bc3fbfe57ee64355884b4d6c7b74ae25_jpegb8bf6a6ae60984c8b87a2cf8d0f297ad
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Sprumbaba: 4:33pm On Apr 04, 2020
Seun:
It looks as if the reign of the dreaded Coronavirus is nearing its end as countries are beginning to realize that the WHO’s guidance against wearing face-masks is comically, tragically, obviously, and totally wrong.

For example:
https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-04-03/cdc-recommends-wearing-face-masks-during-coronavirus-pandemic

PS:
Here in Nigeria, Cross River and Abia states have decided to allow people to come out of their homes if they have face-masks on. The Government of Abia State even charged tailors to sew 3 million face-masks because imported face-masks are scarce right now.

We are waiting for the federal government to implement this policy nationally so that we can shut down the Coronavirus instead of shutting down our economy.

Who is in bed with China. They let this grew out of hand. Who told us in January there was no evidence of human to human transmission.
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 4:37pm On Apr 04, 2020
Sprumbaba:
Who is in bed with China. They let this grew out of hand. Who told us in January there was no evidence of human to human transmission.

Until there was...
Just as CDC didn’t recommend masks (or thought them useful) until it did.

That’s how science works...
With a NEW virus, you go with the available evidence until new ones emerge.
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by macjireh: 4:38pm On Apr 04, 2020
linearity:

As in...

goan read d Bible and show us where u see prophets or Jesus searching to heal d sick,,,instead d sick made effort to meet Jesus to be healed...did ur government send for pastors and d pastors refused to come?
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Sprumbaba: 4:55pm On Apr 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

Until there was...
Just as CDC didn’t recommend masks (or thought them useful) until it did.

That’s how science works...
With a NEW virus, you go with the available evidence until new ones emerge.
>

It seems you don't understand the world around you. Believe CDC, WHO at your peril.

Everything I told my folks in January came to pass in March. I am fine with 2 years lockdown.
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Ezyp(m): 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2020
ivolt:

Trump worshipper?
What's Trump worshipping in my statement. Can't you read or see that initially WHO are confused. They initially said there was no need for facemask for people who are healthy but as you can read facemask is a necessity.
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 5:04pm On Apr 04, 2020
Sprumbaba:
It seems you don't understand the world around you. Believe CDC, WHO at your peril.

Everything I told my folks in January came to pass in March. I am fine with 2 years lockdown.

Oh my bad...
I should’ve have been checking with anonymous dudes on NL instead. grin

Of course, CDC and WHO are not infallible, particularly with a NEW disease...
Accordingly, some of us know there will be missteps and revisions - as the body of knowledge develops.
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by 9jaRealist: 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2020
Ezyp:

What's Trump worshipping in my statement. Can't you read or see that initially WHO are confused. They initially said there was no need for facemask for people who are healthy but as you can read facemask is a necessity.

EVERYONE has been “confused” with Covid-19...
Heck, Trump himself has been about the most (and is probably still) confused.
>
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Sprumbaba: 5:08pm On Apr 04, 2020
9jaRealist:

Oh my bad...
I should’ve have been checking with anonymous dudes on NL instead. grin

Of course, CDC and WHO are not infallible, particularly with a NEW disease...
Accordingly, some of us know there will be missteps and revisions - as the body of knowledge develops.
>

You better check on your family. You are anonymous to me as well and I owe you nothing (I aint advising or preaching).

Go to CDC, WHO and Nairaland. May be CNN for your daily dose of knowledge.
Re: ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2020
MrPRevailer:
The CDC denied Americans tests until it became a pandemic.

Pope Francis said in 2015, there was need to create health institutions across the globe to accomplish the one world government agenda. The creation of Global CDC is one of those achievements.

If you have data, follow 'China Uncensored' on youtube for unfilthered news about China

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n31h1ACrUDA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj2otdExAgQ

I follow China Uncensored, I just finished watching the video he released today about Taiwan and the WHO.

He doesn't make videos related to this your post

Chris Chaplin or something like that

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

This Is How To Use Carotone Without Side Effects / Osun discharges ten more coronavirus patients / Which Condom Is The Best In Naija:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.