Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle (4880 Views)

Most Reliable Car You've Ever Owned? / Russians Turned ₦81m Bentley Continental GT Into The World's Most Luxurious Tank / This Is Ripsaw EV2,The World’s Fastest Luxury Super Civilian Tank (2) (3) (4)

Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by searchng4love: 4:45am On Apr 06, 2020
adanny01:

I don't agree with the bolded. The Land cruiser 70 series used by UN, Red Cross, NGO's, Taliban and most international organisations etc are diesel powered.

My former German boss imported his Land cruiser prado from Germany and it was Diesel.

Most of Julius Bergers Toyota ranging from Hilux, Land cruiser, Rav 4 are diesel.
True
Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by Ayomarcel(m): 6:33am On Apr 06, 2020
conductor260:

Bringing up an unreliable yahoo boys' shitbox when they are discussing real SUV.

When they start calling cars used by17-year-old overfed spoilt rich kids for going to shoprite, I'll inform you to bring that your fancy toy box cheesy

Lmao
Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by foolbuster: 9:25am On Apr 06, 2020
kernniejay:

You may be right. I think it was around that time that the company began to be sold from one investor to another till it was eventually acquired by TATA if I am right. (I am not sure if it's still with TATA or has been resold.)
The Land Rover company was originally owned by Leyland, manufacturers of Bedford trucks, in England.

You are right its still owned by TATA. They are just hiding under the LR name and spinning out crappy cars.

Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by kernniejay(m): 11:17am On Apr 06, 2020
foolbuster:

You are right its still owned by TATA. They are just hiding under the LR name and spinning out crappy cars.
Thank you chief.
Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by searchng4love: 8:04pm On Apr 07, 2020
kernniejay:

The only Land Rover that may be unreliable in the LR family is the Freelander. The Defender has not only been a choice truck for visiting tourists to Africa jungles but also an important feature in the military warfronts.
Australians have a saying: "If you're going into the outback you either take a Land Rover or a Land Cruiser. If you want to come back, take a Land Cruiser.

Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by Bjornson01(m): 12:45am On Apr 08, 2020
kernniejay:
Op, you may be correct but I know two other SUVs that are also 'die hards' when it comes to labour, ruggedness & durability. They have withstood the test of time and they are also found in almost every part of the world including deserts, murky and muddy terrains. They never say no when duty calls and there is nothing like "no-go area" with them. They are no other but:
1. Land Rover Defender
2. Nissan Patrol
bro you gave me nolstagia with that Nissan Patrol, My Dad was given one as an official car from the ministry brand new although the car was plagued with contact set and distributor issues, but lovely car overall.

Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by ivoryhouse(m): 4:21am On Apr 08, 2020
searchng4love:

Australians have a saying: "If you're going into the outback you either take a Land Rover or a Land Cruiser. If you want to come back, take a Land Cruiser.
Land rover makes great cars. The 200 and 300 TDi powered defender and discovery are rugged and reliable. The discovery engine in the discovery 1 and discovery 2 routinely outlive the body. The land cruiser is a great car but isn't the most reliable, there's no such thing. Cars have their unique problems but when you buy a car you love you overlook the issues, especially the issues you can live with. Land cruiser, 4runner and celica (all pre 2008) are the only toyotas I can ever own. The Nisan patrol is a really nice car, especially the manual transmission. Epistle, I know �

Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by KINGreignn: 6:57am On Apr 08, 2020
ivoryhouse:

Land rover makes great cars. The 200 and 300 TDi powered defender and discovery are rugged and reliable. The discovery engine in the discovery 1 and discovery 2 routinely outlive the body. [s]The land cruiser is a great car but isn't the most reliable, there's no such thing[/s]. Cars have their unique problems but when you buy a car you love you overlook the issues, especially the issues you can live with. Land cruiser, 4runner and celica (all pre 2008) are the only toyotas I can ever own. The Nisan patrol is a really nice car, especially the manual transmission. Epistle, I know �
Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by searchng4love: 7:19am On Apr 08, 2020
ivoryhouse:

Land rover makes great cars. The 200 and 300 TDi powered defender and discovery are rugged and reliable. The discovery engine in the discovery 1 and discovery 2 routinely outlive the body. The land cruiser is a great car but isn't the most reliable, there's no such thing. Cars have their unique problems but when you buy a car you love you overlook the issues, especially the issues you can live with. Land cruiser, 4runner and celica (all pre 2008) are the only toyotas I can ever own. The Nisan patrol is a really nice car, especially the manual transmission. Epistle, I know �
Espitle that says nothing. You should have kept quiet!!

The landrover breaks down in mysterious ways

Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by searchng4love: 7:20am On Apr 08, 2020
Bjornson01:
bro you gave me nolstagia with that Nissan Patrol, My Dad was given one as an official car from the ministry brand new although the car was plagued with contact set and distributor issues, but lovely car overall.
Plaqued car.
Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by JusticeFOX(m): 10:58pm On Apr 08, 2020
conductor260:

Bringing up an unreliable yahoo boys' shitbox when they are discussing real SUV.

When they start calling cars used by17-year-old overfed spoilt kids for going to shoprite, I'll inform you to bring that your fancy toy box cheesy

Yeah, it's unfortunate that these Yahoo boys are part of the people buying the G, but that doesn't change the fact that it is greater than the LC in every possible way other than popularity, and the LC give or take is better than the rest, though the Range Rover is more capable than the LC, but is very unreliable, judging from experience.
Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by conductor260: 11:16pm On Apr 08, 2020
JusticeFOX:

Yeah, it's unfortunate that these Yahoo boys are part of the people buying the G, but that doesn't change the fact that it is greater than the LC in every possible way other than popularity, and the LC give or take is better than the rest, though the Range Rover is more capable than the LC, but is very unreliable, judging from experience.
How did your hands feel when you were writing the bolded? cheesy

A fully loaded Brabus Amg 4matic blah blah blah Gwagon does not even come with basic offroad capabilities as a basic Tacoma (crawl control, etc) let alone comparing it to a Landcruiser.

Landcruiser that had an entire war named after it (Google Toyota War). Check the video of Nigerian soliders hailing Chad soldiers and see the type of Landcruiser they are using in their convoy: 1984 Landcruiser J70. It made Boko Haram Hilux look like toy car.

Na him you dey use compare Shoprite car like G-carton with. Make I laugh abeg cheesy

Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by ivoryhouse(m): 1:59am On Apr 09, 2020
searchng4love:

Espitle that says nothing. You should have kept quiet!!

The landrover breaks down in mysterious ways
Have you owned or used a defender for a long period?

Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by searchng4love: 8:21am On Apr 09, 2020
ivoryhouse:

Have you owned or used a defender for a long period?
Why do you ask
Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by searchng4love: 8:25am On Apr 09, 2020
JusticeFOX:

You're making a mistake. LC takes you in and out without fuss.
Gwagon and the RR takes you in and out in opulence and style....but be ready for strange breakdowns..
Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by kernniejay(m): 6:10pm On Apr 09, 2020
The LC is undoubtedly a fantastic SUV but you can't just push other legendary SUVs aside because you are fascinated with the LC.
Meanwhile, Bjornson01, ivoryhouse, JusticeFOX let's keep our fingers crossed while the jamboree about Land Cruiser continues...
Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by mejai(m): 8:05pm On Apr 09, 2020
Interesting gist! Please ignore any Benz contributor here. Say no to chaos.
Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by conductor260: 11:24pm On Apr 09, 2020
mejai:
Interesting gist! Please ignore any Benz contributor here. Say no to chaos.
I swear. Landcruiser that Chad army drives everyday in hot desert (they don't drive any other vehicle, even the ever rugged Hilux is not rigid enough for their satisfaction) is what somebody is comparing with Shoprite car.

Imagine when Shekau is coming and you're telling him you want to repair your Benzedes baloon shock grin

Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by chiefbuchiV12(m): 11:33am On May 03, 2020
conductor260:

How did your hands feel when you were writing the bolded? cheesy

A fully loaded Brabus Amg 4matic blah blah blah Gwagon does not even come with basic offroad capabilities as a basic Tacoma (crawl control, etc) let alone comparing it to a Landcruiser.

Landcruiser that had an entire war named after it (Google Toyota War). Check the video of Nigerian soliders hailing Chad soldiers and see the type of Landcruiser they are using in their convoy: 1984 Landcruiser J70. It made Boko Haram Hilux look like toy car.

Na him you dey use compare Shoprite car like G-carton with. Make I laugh abeg cheesy
Check your facts
Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by KINGreignn: 4:52pm On May 03, 2020
Re: Toyota Landcruiser The World's Most Reliable Civilian Vehicle by searchng4love: 5:09pm On May 03, 2020
KINGreignn:
Mikey are you in labour?

Fuel Pump Toyota Corolla 2005 / I Need A New Car / Honda Halla Or Honda Bullet Or Honda Academy