Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Nigerian Universities To Reopen Through Through E-platform - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Universities To Reopen Through Through E-platform (462 Views)

WASSCE: South-West States To Reopen Schools / 12 Universities To Choose If From You Want To Study Computer Science / Top 10 Universities To Study Engineering In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Universities To Reopen Through Through E-platform by LatestTori4Town: 3:16pm On Apr 04, 2020

Higher institutions shut to prevent the spread of Coronavirus are likely to reopen for teaching but through the e-platform

Unsure of how soon the Coronavirus pandemic will end, Minister of Education Mallam Adamu Adamu on Thursday opened talks with 237 Vice Chancellors, Rectors and Provosts on how to reopen using virtual learning.

He directed all universities, polytechnics and colleges of education to activate virtual learning environment to enable students to continue their studies through digital devices.

He said although the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) is on strike, the government will do its best to resolve the labour crisis.

Most Vice Chancellors of private universities embraced the idea and expressed readiness to reopen because they claimed that they have top grade virtual learning system.

Minister Of Education, Adamu Adamu In Teleconference

Adamu, who had a teleconference with the Vice Chancellors and other heads of tertiary institutions for four and half hours from his home in Abuja, said the Federal Government, cannot afford to shut schools for a long time.

He said he called the meeting to find solutions to the challenges posed to the nation’s school calendar by Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).

Another Tori4Town: Nnamdi Kanu: Abba Kyari, Osinbajo, Critically Down With Coronavirus

Those physically present with the minister were the Executive Secretary of the National Universities Commission (NUC), Prof. Abubakar Rasheed; the Executive Secretary of the National Board for Technical Education, Dr. Masa’udu Adamu Kazaure; the Executive Secretary of the Universal Basic Education Commission, Dr. Hamid Bobboyi; and the Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), Prof. Ishaq Oloyede among others.

Adamu, who declared at the session that he has tested negative to COVID-19, said: “We cannot be held down by COVID-19, we have to deploy all e-platforms to keep our universities, polytechnics, colleges of education and other schools open.

“COVID-19 has changed everybody. I am pleading with you to device alternative ways to make sure the education of our children will not stop. We have to create a virtual learning environment.

“This is the second meeting I am having. All I want is that we should fully engage our students. We are already speaking with the World Bank and UNICEF on how to create platforms for virtual learning classrooms.

The Minister on ASUU Strike...CLICK HERE FOR FULL Detail
Re: Nigerian Universities To Reopen Through Through E-platform by TempUser: 3:19pm On Apr 04, 2020
This is a welcome debelofmunt
Re: Nigerian Universities To Reopen Through Through E-platform by EzzyCarter: 3:43pm On Apr 04, 2020
Ordinary e-portal , most Nigerian universities can't effectively maintain cheesy. it's now e-learning they'll cope with...
It's a nice idea but I strongly have doubts if this would be effective at the end of the day based on the structure on ground.
Keeping my fingers crossed tho...
Re: Nigerian Universities To Reopen Through Through E-platform by sinkhole: 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin Another monkey business!
If they want private varsities to open on e-platform, fine, but Federal varsities? I laugh in gogonbiri grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cheesy
Even if they are not on strike, it will be difficult, almost impossible, but now they are on strike.

(1) (Reply)

Unilag Msc Facility Management Options 2020/2021 Come In Here ! / This Is What You Should Be Doing As A Student During Covid-19 Lockdown / How Can My Child Do Better Academically, Especially In Maths???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.