Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

We Will Not Accept 140k While Doctors Get 440k- NURSES PROTEST Against NCDC - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / We Will Not Accept 140k While Doctors Get 440k- NURSES PROTEST Against NCDC (5045 Views)

Abuja Nurses Protest New Certificate Verification Guidelines / "Arrest Bill Gates": Americans Protest Against Bill Gates' Vaccines (Video) / We Will Not Accept 140k While Doctors Get 440k- Nurses Protest Against Ncdc (vid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Not Accept 140k While Doctors Get 440k- NURSES PROTEST Against NCDC by losky83: 12:18am On Apr 07, 2020
Discovery4today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lzTbT6H_TY
In Nigeria,its all about the money.doctors,nurses,go into the profession just for the money,just to be called a doctor for yanga reasons.they are not in it for the love of saving lives.thats why its always very easy for them to embark on strike.My advice to the younger ones is for them to follow their heart desire and study something else rather than trying to please parents.medical profession is for those who are willing to sacrifice their lives in saving lives.
Re: We Will Not Accept 140k While Doctors Get 440k- NURSES PROTEST Against NCDC by Ejima1: 12:22am On Apr 07, 2020
losky83:
In Nigeria,its all about the money.doctors,nurses,go into the profession just for the money,just to be called a doctor for yanga reasons.they are not in it for the love of saving lives.thats why its always very easy for them to embark on strike.My advice to the younger ones is for them to follow their heart desire and study something else rather than trying to please parents.medical profession is for those who are willing to sacrifice their lives in saving lives.
Good point, but still they need to be paid well
Re: We Will Not Accept 140k While Doctors Get 440k- NURSES PROTEST Against NCDC by chuksbogus2001: 6:26am On Apr 07, 2020
Guys the issue is who among them stays with this patient most?

Who among them is exposed to this patients most?

I think that the pay for the nurses is very poor!!! Here in the US, with this pandemic I make 10k a week and some nurses make more? Time will come when there will be no nurses in that country . Both profession should come together and have mutual respect for each other . They are like the teeth and the tongue . They have a common enemy which is the federal government.
Re: We Will Not Accept 140k While Doctors Get 440k- NURSES PROTEST Against NCDC by busola94me: 10:39am On Apr 07, 2020
sgtponzihater1:

Health care assistants, hospital porters, cleaners are at even more risk of infection. Should they be paid more than nurses too?

Nursing is a profession just like medcine and I am sure you know what a profession means . So they can always bargin for what they feel it's right for them.
Between who told you these people are even more prone to risk more than nurses.
Re: We Will Not Accept 140k While Doctors Get 440k- NURSES PROTEST Against NCDC by Discovery4today: 10:48am On Apr 07, 2020
WHO AMONG THEM ARE MORE PRONE, DOCTORS OR NURSES?
busola94me:

Nursing is a profession just like medcine and I am sure you know what a profession means . So they can always bargin for what they feel it's right for them.
Re: We Will Not Accept 140k While Doctors Get 440k- NURSES PROTEST Against NCDC by Discovery4today: 10:49am On Apr 07, 2020
POINT
chuksbogus2001:
Guys the issue is who among them stays with this patient most?

Who among them is exposed to this patients most?

I think that the pay for the nurses is very poor!!! Here in the US, with this pandemic I make 10k a week and some nurses make more? Time will come when there will be no nurses in that country . Both profession should come together and have mutual respect for each other . They are like the teeth and the tongue . They have a common enemy which is the federal government.
Re: We Will Not Accept 140k While Doctors Get 440k- NURSES PROTEST Against NCDC by sgtponzihater1(m): 11:59am On Apr 07, 2020
busola94me:

Everyone has the right to bargain for wage increase, but always using Doctors as a template is completely wrong. We then go ahead and hoodwink people by claiming nurses are paid well abroad, which is partly correct. What is wrong is that their pay is comparable to Doctors there. Also we speak about work place hazard, as if cleaners, those disposing medical wastes, health care assistants etc are not exposed to equal or even more hazard.

Most entry level nurse in the UK will be Lucky to get a take home of 1700 a month, before locums, after passing their OSCE, while most entry level Doctors easily take home average of 3000 a month, before. Yet no protest here. Maybe the flock of Naija nurses coming in here may re-enact the Naija age long fight for parity here though, since the numbers are increasing daily.
Re: We Will Not Accept 140k While Doctors Get 440k- NURSES PROTEST Against NCDC by Discovery4today: 12:08pm On Apr 07, 2020
Yeah
sgtponzihater1:

Everyone has the right to bargain for wage increase, but always using Doctors as a template is completely wrong. We then go ahead and hoodwink people by claiming nurses are paid well abroad, which is partly correct. What is wrong is that their pay is comparable to Doctors there. Also we speak about work place hazard, as if cleaners, those disposing medical wastes, health care assistants etc are not exposed to equal or even more hazard.

Most entry level nurse in the UK will be Lucky to get a take home of 1700 a month, before locums, after passing their OSCE, while most entry level Doctors easily take home average of 3000 a month, before. Yet no protest here. Maybe the flock of Naija nurses coming in here may re-enact the Naija age long fight for parity here though, since the numbers are increasing daily.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Missed Period / My Experience With A Mad Man / Ghana President Test Positive To Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.