Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,015 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis (27270 Views)

Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate / Kingsley Moghalu Gives Reason Why He Pulled Out Of PACT After Losing / FG Orders Removal Of Kingsley Moghalu's Presidential Campaign Posters In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Sunnycliff(m): 6:44am On Apr 05, 2020
[s]
Sundaycomputer:
When Burhair was talking we should go into farm , this the time,

[/s]

And Buhari will send his herdsmen to finish the farm produce

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by ekwesi3(m): 6:46am On Apr 05, 2020
One reason why you will not be our president has been noted

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by aribs(m): 6:46am On Apr 05, 2020
Always a pleasure reading from Prof on these issues. I could not agree more with his points here. We are facing an existential crisis here and the responses need to be measured but direct and bold. We must indeed seize the moment to undertake the necessary economic reforms we have always paid lip service to. Chickens have finally come home to roost.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Dvicent81: 6:46am On Apr 05, 2020
I strongly agree with you sir. I wish our president can take a piece from the ways you just narrated.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Cholison(m): 6:50am On Apr 05, 2020
We are in a war and the general who should lead the battle has taken cover.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by emmadejust(m): 6:51am On Apr 05, 2020
You are brilliant boss

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by mushystuff: 6:53am On Apr 05, 2020
helinues:
Is he just waking up?

Excuse you! What do you mean? Is it today he started talking of economic reforms? Does he owe anyone his knowledge and expertise? Now that he has given concrete, constructive criticism and recommendations, will the government you so morbidly support pay any attention beyond looting and stealing as usual?

8 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by blowjohn(m): 6:57am On Apr 05, 2020
sparog:
Nigeria will not learn anything from this crisis as usual.

Right now we are waiting for the western world to come up with a vaccine

No university in Nigeria has even tried to study the virus so as to work on providing a cure like some universities are doing abroad

All this our Profs are just wacks, na only book dem sabi

Let me tell u the issue here.
The president.
Look at how other countries are bracing up with president in the centre.
Tell me when last u saw Buhari live and showing guts!

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by mushystuff: 6:57am On Apr 05, 2020
Sundaycomputer:
the same Buhari and crew will deliberately refuse to provide adequate irrigation and incentives to farmers yet unleash their herdsmen terrorists to keep attacking farmers without providing security so how will the 'go-back-to-farm' rhetoric even work effectively?

What are the efforts to improve agro-allied industries, expand the agricultural value chain and provide critical infrastructure like electricity?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Amanda4life: 6:58am On Apr 05, 2020
MainJoe:

https://allafrica.com/stories/202003290001.html

OGA MOGALU.

I NEVER SEE. THE 20,OOO FOR MY ACCOUNT . THAT IS WHAT MATTERS TO ME NOW.

IM NOT I. FOR ALL THOSE RUBBISHES
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Mizwisdom(f): 6:59am On Apr 05, 2020
This man's suggestions are anti-people, thank God he lost the election

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Olodo24: 6:59am On Apr 05, 2020
I want to hear "give 20k to every citizen with BVN"
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Jabioro: 7:00am On Apr 05, 2020
Well said, unfortunately the helms of affairs custodian are very insensitive fellow.Your advise doesn't matter to them,the poor doesn't matter to them,the economy at large meant nothing to them;all it matter is manipulation,turn the unprecedented event to self aggravated pocket making money.You can imagine their term of vunerable and their unique way of identified the vunerable among the elite..Time would soon tell.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by AreaFada2: 7:01am On Apr 05, 2020
Sundaycomputer:
With herdsmen killing and raping farmers?
Maybe they have not reached your area. Just wait.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by manontree: 7:04am On Apr 05, 2020
Good points. Especially the removal of bans on importation of certain items. And replacing the ban with higher tariffs. This is how the UK does it with alcohol and tobacco

Spending 1% of our consolidated funds on healthcare and education is a brilliant idea, backed by law. However, who is to say that those entrusted with this wont loot it. We have a corrupt culture and no matter how much is released to us, the money would line private pockets. Good idea though

On COVID 19, it is my view that a 30 days quarantine enforced by police and the army as you wrote, is part of the elite saving corpulent behaviour we have witnessed since this crises began. Kingsley, you are worried the poor, many of whom cannot afford to survive if locked down for 7 days let alone 30 days, would continue to be up and about, and infect your precious you and your people

You are scared they would jostle and smash you and your elite precious egg nest. You are willing to use all form of strong arm tactics to ensure your survival, along with your fellow elites residing in your mansions laden with enough goodies to last you a year. Sadly Mr Kingsley, the over 70% of people in Nigeria whom you want soldiers and olopa to beat back into their homes, dont have such privilege. They cannot afford to stay indoors for 30days otherwise they and their kids would die of hunger

You and your fellow elites made this so. You people stole their commonwealth together. Impoverished them. They die everyday of preventable illness like malaria lass fever, hepatitis, HIV, etc because they are too poor to pay for healthcare and you and your mates have continually looted funds meant to improve the health services in nigeria

So comes Mr COVID 19. A plague that can equally afflict the rich like you. For the first time you guys are jittery and scared. These poor people without a means to support themselves can come into your homes as cooks, plumbers, maid etc and infect you and your type. You are donating billions to fight it. None of you had deemed it fit to donate billions to fight lassa fever or malaria..disease of the poor and even common maternal mortality

Yeah right. Now you want these poor people to stay home for 30 days on a fathom N20k they wont even see. They can't oga Kingsley. They cannot. We are all in this mess together

We die here

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Chapelbeatz(m): 7:05am On Apr 05, 2020
Was I expected to read the whole article when is not about giveaway

Happy first Sunday.
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Jeffyblaq(m): 7:05am On Apr 05, 2020
Can't say less cos I knew of all who came out to contest for the office of the presidency years back, to me this man has what it takes to drive this damaged jalopy of a nation to a workshop for repair.

But there seems to be so many gullible folks all-over..

Funny clowns would say cos he's igbo.. Who cares where he comes from.

I ain't igbo but it still doesn't matter

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Jeffyblaq(m): 7:09am On Apr 05, 2020
Mizwisdom:
This man's suggestions are anti-people, thank God he lost the election
It's still morning and I can understand that you are tired. But again, find time to read all through.

This time, read slowly so it could digest.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Jeffyblaq(m): 7:13am On Apr 05, 2020
blowjohn:

Let me tell u the issue here.
The president.
Look at how other countries are bracing up with president in the centre.
Tell me when last u saw Buhari live and showing guts!
He's beyond redemption..

Just can't phantom the height of reckless governance that has befall this nation..

Still a said leader prefer to sit at the far corner of a back sit..

Remaining clueless as ever

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by seanswitch(m): 7:14am On Apr 05, 2020
Finally, Covid-19 in Nigeria is a disease imported and spread by the elite class. Unfortunately, rich and poor will bear its brunt. While we must have sympathy for any victim of Covid-19 regardless of social status, and many have contracted the virus through little personal fault, the irresponsible failure of some elite individuals to abide by public health protocols in recent weeks, hosting and attending birthday parties, declining to self-quarantine as circumstances require, as well as submitting false contact information following international airline travel, is noteworthy.
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by DAVE5(m): 7:16am On Apr 05, 2020
seunlayi:
You forgot to apportioned blame on this useless set of govt.

Guys, chill, the revolution sowore called for was needless. I heard necessity is the mother of invention. Hunger, disappointment, dead etc to be brought by Covid-19 will invert naija type of revolution soon.

*See the way they are giving audio money to audio beneficiary
* a community got around 3 Derica of rice
* shut down of people economy without palliatives......

Let people finish their little food and little savings on the next few days and you will see what naija people are made of

Nigerians are too docile, nothing would happen, the government would just continue fvcking us in the àss till they're tired, that's if they choose to get tired

Why would such a person as buhari be president of any nation, cos we don't want to get the progress we wish for

Shebi them talk say then share 20,000 to 2.6 million people, audio sharing

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by DAVE5(m): 7:18am On Apr 05, 2020
Jeffyblaq:

It's still morning and I can understand that you are tired. But again, find time to read all through.

This time, read slowly so it could digest.

I didn't read the full article but some parts I read sounded like a brilliant idea, that mumu wey u quote probably still dey secondary school

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by GrandMufti: 7:22am On Apr 05, 2020
AntiChristian:
We asked Allah for guidance and protection in Nigeria!

O God of Creation! (Yaa Khaaliq)

Direct our Noble cause, (we need direction)

Guide our leaders right( They really need this, stop cursing them)

Help our youth the truth to know (of cos we don't know the truth)

Allah will not do shsishi if you people don't use your head

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by AntiChristian: 7:27am On Apr 05, 2020
GrandMufti:

Allah will not do shsishi if you people don't use your head

Are you using your head now?
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Lawsimon(m): 7:28am On Apr 05, 2020
sparog:

No university in Nigeria has even tried to study the virus so as to work on providing a cure like some universities are doing abroad

Leave our lazy academics alone o o
They are on strike.
Research has been suspended till further notice
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Jeffyblaq(m): 7:41am On Apr 05, 2020
DAVE5:

I didn't read the full article but some parts I read send like a brilliant idea, that mumu wey u quote probably still dey secondary school

Perhaps!

Let the being dwell with it

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by LifeCoachAndre: 7:50am On Apr 05, 2020
I still don't understand how Nigerians neglected a competent havard grade professor and elected a mentally tired man for president. Where does this happen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by 989900: 7:53am On Apr 05, 2020
He has spoken correctly, almost perfectly, bar the Forex issue which is a tricky and highly argumentative one.

Compare this to PDP's shallow and petty utterances.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by michoim(m): 7:53am On Apr 05, 2020
Not saying anything new...
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by pafisayo(m): 8:01am On Apr 05, 2020
seunlayi:
You forgot to apportioned blame on this useless set of govt.

Guys, chill, the revolution sowore called for was needless. I heard necessity is the mother of invention. Hunger, disappointment, dead etc to be brought by Covid-19 will invert naija type of revolution soon.

*See the way they are giving audio money to audio beneficiary
* a community got around 3 Derica of rice
* shut down of people economy without palliatives......

Let people finish their little food and little savings on the next few days and you will see what naija people are made of

Blame will and can not help any Nigerian right now .
If you put into consideration how some of you have spent the last couple of days playing the blame game and Gloating anytime their is a negative news about Nigeria.
He has said his Bid .
He mentioned part of the problem and most IMPORTANTLY he did note how he feels it’s best to tackle some of these problems .
Instead of blaming everybody except yourself enh do something positive today

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 05, 2020
sparog:

You're sense.less! Will they use your ass to fund research? Where were you when the government refused to adequately fund education? Even Muoghalu touched on that. Direct your comment to the government who has refused to fund education and health adequately. The professors and healthcare professionals in Nigeria are capable, but are not motivated through adequate remuneration and proper funding of health and education.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apc’s Attack On Pastor Adeboye, A Demonstration Of Its Devilish Mind-set- PDP / Governor Ganduje Inspects Projects By 1am (Photos) / Peter Obi Meets Prince Charles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.