Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,109 members, 7,835,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis (27290 Views)

Kingsley Moghalu Emerges YPP Presidential Candidate / Kingsley Moghalu Gives Reason Why He Pulled Out Of PACT After Losing / FG Orders Removal Of Kingsley Moghalu's Presidential Campaign Posters In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:12am On Apr 05, 2020
helinues:
Is he just waking up?
When will Buhari wake up?

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by helinues: 8:13am On Apr 05, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

When will Buhari wake up?

Has he been sleeping before?
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Allansmith: 8:14am On Apr 05, 2020
But sincerely for how long do we keep playing this blame game.I am of the opinion that some people are just gullible, The virus is no respecter of role,class or status...Facing the issue on ground and how to curb it is what we should concentrate more on rather than throwing tantrums here and there, I have seen some group of people going to Church this morning and I ask myself if those same set of people don't know what's happening or aware of the reason why the govt.has asked for social distancing? Do we have to die ahead of time before the palliative if there is any ever to be given gets to us?
We have always powered our generators without the government cos they failing in giving constant light we sure can try to manage this virus situation in our own way and yes I am aware that not everyone of us has what to feed or live on for the rest of the lockdown but out of that little we have,we sure know those who really needs to get something to live on and we can share within ourselves while hoping their is solution to end this virus issh....Just show some love and love will surely win...Look through your own street or glance through your phone and reach out to someone who needs help

Waiting for the government in this case is like waiting for the basket to get filled with water from a running tap.
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Badb0y4lyf(m): 8:15am On Apr 05, 2020
Buhari that was reading speech for us on Covid 19 is the one that will carry out all this suggestions.
Nigeria is just back ward we are still calculating number of suspected cases using arithmetic mean when USA have plotted the graph and calculating it peak and fall.
I will still go to China or USA if given a free visa person wey go die to die I won’t die cos of failed government.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by saajus: 8:16am On Apr 05, 2020
Thank you Prof. I hope Government is also thinking of food supply. Cos I don't want the UN to be throwing food at us from helicopters. Farmers should be planting aggressively as people are sitting at home and we can also temporary open rice importation from Thailand.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by alsudaes1(m): 8:17am On Apr 05, 2020
seunlayi:
You forgot to apportioned blame on this useless set of govt.

Guys, chill, the revolution sowore called for was needless. I heard necessity is the mother of invention. Hunger, disappointment, dead etc to be brought by Covid-19 will invert naija type of revolution soon.

*See the way they are giving audio money to audio beneficiary
* a community got around 3 Derica of rice
* shut down of people economy without palliatives......

Let people finish their little food and little savings on the next few days and you will see what naija people are made of
Hmmmm

South Africans are already out on the street breaking into malls if the video I saw this morning is in respect to the lock down in their country
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by seunlayi(m): 8:19am On Apr 05, 2020
alsudaes1:

Hmmmm

South Africans are already out on the street breaking into malls if the video I saw this morning is in respect to the lock down in their country
just wait, egungun will soon enter street.
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by wengerman: 8:25am On Apr 05, 2020
this is the president I voted for and some people claim I wasted my vote.I am still happy with my choice

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Mayflowa(m): 8:28am On Apr 05, 2020
mattbass:
Hmmmm.... We don tire to dey hear about Convid19

Now Now! You are tired of what is keeping you and everybody at home like a prisoner?
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:29am On Apr 05, 2020
helinues:

Has he been sleeping before?
Are you not aware?
When last did you see him awake

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 05, 2020
Christmasdon:
CHRIST IS COMING.
Crisis is coming, not Christ our saviour.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 05, 2020
Sundaycomputer:
When Burhair was talking we should go into farm , this the time,
But his brothers wouldn't allow farming to thrive. Be reasonable.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by 400billionman: 8:36am On Apr 05, 2020
azpekuliar:
That’s a man I crave to call my president, but crass mediocrity must always get in the way.

Going through the comments before yours shows how Nigerian youths are the problem of Nigeria.

The leaders are simply taking advantage of the illiteracy of the youth. That's all.

This Kingsley Moghalu is super articulate.

I wish I can work with him.

Breaking down details of Nigeria's problem under Healthcare, Education and the Economy in one essay.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Nobody: 8:36am On Apr 05, 2020
ekwesi3:
One reason why you will not be our president has been noted
You just spoke like a sense.less man.
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Valmekyz: 8:37am On Apr 05, 2020
UBA.
Anything can help please
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 05, 2020
Mizwisdom:
This man's suggestions are anti-people, thank God he lost the election
How is it anti-people? I believe that you lack the ability to comprehend a write-up. His suggestions are pro-people.

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by GrandMufti: 8:47am On Apr 05, 2020
AntiChristian:

Are you using your head now?

You can only know if you are using your head
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Reference(m): 9:15am On Apr 05, 2020
helinues:
Is he just waking up?

Indeed he is just waking up to the things we have been saying for months now. Those who know but cower in the face of intimidation from this failed goverment owe his country an apology.

They should speak always. Whether in the political season or not. Facts remain the same.

Why I remain relatively silent these days is that by my nature I hate doing regret or repair. It is the natire of humanity to anticipate tragedy and divert his destiny from that course.

I reoeat again. No nation 'unlocks' its country when reported cases continue to rise. Only China is unlocking gradually and this maybe due to false figures, who knows. Nigeria will have to extend the so called lockdiwn probably to the end of April, then look at the figures and then decide yet again.

Are Nigerians prepared for an economic quarantine for another month or are we prepared to forgo our paltry wages and productivity for the 12 months it will take for a viable vaccine to be manufactured.

I said this as far back as Febuary. In a pandemic regime such as this it is not about the 'common cold'. But the vicious cycle of the economics which clearly says.

Economic activity is inversely proportional to the strength and durability of the pandemic in nations that lack capacity such as Nigeria.

Once again. Nigeria simply cannot be locked down. You heard this from me on April 5th 2020. We better start looking for other ways to fight this pandemic. We cannot win this way.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Reference(m): 9:19am On Apr 05, 2020
Mandeyy:
How is it anti-people? I believe that you lack the ability to comprehend a write-up. His suggestions are pro-people.

Agreed. Truth will always be the anti person of him who lies in a pit. If Nigeria was Switzerland I will have agreed with him.

If you told a drunk to kick the bottle what else do you expect him to say
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by DJperdurabo: 9:25am On Apr 05, 2020
Mizwisdom:
This man's suggestions are anti-people, thank God he lost the election

One person that really "read" Moghalu's submission

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Reference(m): 9:26am On Apr 05, 2020
alsudaes1:

Hmmmm

In Abuja a few days ago police had to teargas a gathering at the bequest of a phantom relief material distribution.

Are these the people that will stay at home for 2, 3, 4, 6 months it will take to cap the new infection numbers.

We had better take the route of China and start faking the numbers to avoid social disintegration. We will not have enough police to contain mass upheavals.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by DJperdurabo: 9:28am On Apr 05, 2020
manontree:
Good points. Especially the removal of bans on importation of certain items. And replacing the ban with higher tariffs. This is how the UK does it with alcohol and tobacco

Spending 1% of our consolidated funds on healthcare and education is a brilliant idea, backed by law. However, who is to say that those entrusted with this wont loot it. We have a corrupt culture and no matter how much is released to us, the money would line private pockets. Good idea though

On COVID 19, it is my view that a 30 days quarantine enforced by police and the army as you wrote, is part of the elite saving corpulent behaviour we have witnessed since this crises began. Kingsley, you are worried the poor, many of whom cannot afford to survive if locked down for 7 days let alone 30 days, would continue to be up and about, and infect your precious you and your people

You are scared they would jostle and smash you and your elite precious egg nest. You are willing to use all form of strong arm tactics to ensure your survival, along with your fellow elites residing in your mansions laden with enough goodies to last you a year. Sadly Mr Kingsley, the over 70% of people in Nigeria whom you want soldiers and olopa to beat back into their homes, dont have such privilege. They cannot afford to stay indoors for 30days otherwise they and their kids would die of hunger

You and your fellow elites made this so. You people stole their commonwealth together. Impoverished them. They die everyday of preventable illness like malaria lass fever, hepatitis, HIV, etc because they are too poor to pay for healthcare and you and your mates have continually looted funds meant to improve the health services in nigeria

So comes Mr COVID 19. A plague that can equally afflict the rich like you. For the first time you guys are jittery and scared. These poor people without a means to support themselves can come into your homes as cooks, plumbers, maid etc and infect you and your type. You are donating billions to fight it. None of you had deemed it fit to donate billions to fight lassa fever or malaria..disease of the poor and even common maternal mortality

Yeah right. Now you want these poor people to stay home for 30 days on a fathom N20k they wont even see. They can't oga Kingsley. They cannot. We are all in this mess together

We die here

You Sir, are a wise one who saw the underlying slime and rot beneath Moghalu's well dressed submission.

An extremely selfish submission to say the least!
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by DJperdurabo: 9:32am On Apr 05, 2020
Jeffyblaq:
Can't say less cos I knew of all who came out to contest for the office of the presidency years back, to me this man has what it takes to drive this damaged jalopy of a nation to a workshop for repair.

But there seems to be so many gullible folks all-over..

Funny clowns would say cos he's igbo.. Who cares where he comes from.

I ain't igbo but it still doesn't matter

They all say stuff like this when they crave for power.

Why do y'all allow these "recalcitrant political jobbers" to keep folling y'all?

Was Buhari's pre-election rhetoric any different? They all seem to know the panacea, the solution to the ills bedevilling the country, that is until they come into power and boom! the true man is revealed.
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by DJperdurabo: 9:33am On Apr 05, 2020
Jeffyblaq:

It's still morning and I can understand that you are tired. But again, find time to read all through.

This time, read slowly so it could digest.

I suggest Sir, that you read "very slowly" again also.
Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Reference(m): 9:39am On Apr 05, 2020
DJperdurabo:

One person that really "read" Moghalu's submission

In what way. He tells you to take the hard decisions in 'peace time'.... in summer so that you can survive the war and the coming winter. That is what irritates you.

Well, winter has come and here we are begging for ventilators we should ordinarily have or be capable of manufacturing. We rather have cheap gas and a strong naira to import. Well, nobody is selling the stuff right now so we are in a mess.

Every problem of Nigeria has been accentuated by this pandemic. It has shown how weak we are as a country in every way.

When the WHO says TEST, TEST, TEST, oga, for us it is not testing for the virus but Nigeria itself as a whole is undertaking a TEST akin to a nursery school kid writing TOEFL or JAMB examination.

No database, no way to trace peoole, no way to even administer palliatives, no medical capacity, no intellectual capacity. Moghalu tells you to invest in these post pandemic and you are sneering....

...honestly these are the reasons why I have practically given up on Nigeria. Citizens like you in numbers just cannot make Nigeria better.

Don't worry, when you sit without income or productivity for six months your cheap fuel and cheap dollar will become your bed, meal and pills.

4 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by DJperdurabo: 9:46am On Apr 05, 2020
Reference:

In what way. He tells you to take the hard decisions in 'peace time'.... in summer so that you can survive the war and the coming winter. That is what irritates you.

Well, winter has come and here we are begging for ventilators we should ordinarily have or be capable of manufacturing. We rather have cheap gas and a strong naira to import. Well, nobody is selling the stuff right now so we are in a mess.

Every problem of Nigeria has been accentuated by this pandemic. It has shown how weak we are as a country in every way.

When the WHO says TEST, TEST, TEST, oga, for us it is not testing for the virus but Nigeria itself as a whole is undertaking a TEST akin to a nursery school kid writing TOEFL or JAMB examination.

No database, no way to trace peoole, no way to even administer palliatives, no medical capacity, no intellectual capacity. Moghalu tells you to invest in these post pandemic and you are sneering....

...honestly these are the reasons why I have practically given up on Nigeria. Citizens like you in numbers just cannot make Nigeria better.

Don't worry, when you sit without income or productivity for six months your cheap fuel and cheap dollar will become your bed, meal and pills.

Can't you make an academic rejoinder without resorting to sarcasm and veiled insults?

So much bitterness, rude and short tempered people in this forum. Sometimes, I wonder how such folks are outside the forum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Reference(m): 9:55am On Apr 05, 2020
By the time this pandemic is over just like in 1917 everyone will re evaluate what life is really all about and what is more important.

Nigerians will come to realise that sentiment can only take you so far. They will come to value intellect and capacity. They will come to value books rather than the internet. They will come to value doctors, economists, engineers rather than entertainers, jesters and politicians.

In a few months everyone will regret why he didn't invest in the things that mattered rather than wasted just to impress those who are probably dead. No one will come out of this the same.

After all this Nigerians will have a choice. They will either continue to embrace the status quo and continue to reinforce failure or put those who are visionaires, who are intellectually sound, goal getters in charge of their destiny.

What is my business.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by mekaboy(m): 9:56am On Apr 05, 2020
Unfortunately , the implementation of his suggestions is in the hands of those benefiting from the system.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Reference(m): 10:05am On Apr 05, 2020
DJperdurabo:

Can't you make an academic rejoinder without resorting to sarcasm and veiled insults?

So much bitterness, rude and short tempered people in this forum. Sometimes, I wonder how such folks are outside the forum.

Agreed and I am sorry. That is why I said I am not good at regret, 20/20 hindsight and repair work. It just annoys me. And that is why I said a few days ago I will not be speaking much during the winter.

But for folks like you not to be in a season of serious introspection about your country is just unfortunate. If Nigeria was better no one will complain...heck even citizens of developed countries better envisioned, better organised and better managed are complaining. What is your excuse sir.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by Shattuck(m): 10:13am On Apr 05, 2020
moghalu could have been a damn good president,in a nation with far more competent hands,I wonder why buhari what qualifies him,a man who has absolutely nothing going for him as far as knowledge, creative thinking,and leadership is concerned

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kingsley Moghalu's Statement On The Crisis by dadexcel: 10:57am On Apr 05, 2020
helinues:
Is he just waking up?
..........is this all you learnt from the article ? We all will be tired of partisan politics very soon when reality of incompetence reveals itself ...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike Signs Executive Order Proscribing IPOB, Lifts Curfew / Shiites Speak On El-zakzaky Reported Release / Osinbajo Growing Campaign: Tinubu Camp Fumes Over Buhari’s Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.