Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,377 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? (5401 Views)

Have You Ever Had Bad Luck After Premarital Sex? / Amaka Preaches Against Premarital Sex On Twitter / 7 Lies That Make Ladies Fall Into Premarital Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by missimelda01(f): 9:37am On Apr 05, 2020
Aside from the dangers of premarital sex, as Christians we know that fornication is a sin. Truth is, it's pretty difficult to totally disengage from every form of sexual act like kissing, smooching and the rest. My question is, as a Christian how do we totally avoid such things in a relationship?

Primadonna0
Ladylite

Your input would be appreciated.
Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by IamDavids: 9:45am On Apr 05, 2020
Forget Christianity, you can't avoid that shit abeg. The thing too sweet joor.

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by yanabasee(m): 9:45am On Apr 05, 2020
I don't..... I have sex....

And I will make heaven.....

Having sex doesn't translate to evil..... infact, letting your conscience to fight you is the evil....

I live my life and I worship God the way that I know will please him.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by SUPERPACK: 9:46am On Apr 05, 2020
yanabasee:

Having sex doesn't translate to evil..... infact, letting your conscience to fight you is the evil....

Continue deceiving yourself and be calling God. If you can't keep away from fornication, go and marry since you enjoy it.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by missimelda01(f): 10:09am On Apr 05, 2020
yanabasee:

Wawu shocked
Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by Nobody: 10:11am On Apr 05, 2020
Its scriptural, formication & Adultery is a sin. But, its not easy to overcome. Just try being in love and you're both together, forget it. We only pray for God's mercy always, but the Bible says shall we continue to dwell in sin so that Grace will abide? God forbid. If you truly want to overcome, practice an outdoor relationship.

10 Likes

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by missimelda01(f): 10:12am On Apr 05, 2020
Bluntintrovert1:
Its scriptural, formication & Adultery is a sin. But, its not easy to overcome. Just try being in love and you're both together, forget it. We only pray for God's mercy always, but the Bible says shall we continue to dwell in sin so that Grace will abide? God forbid. If you truly want to overcome, practice an outdoor relationship.
What do you mean by an outdoor relationship?

3 Likes

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by Kyra1(f): 10:13am On Apr 05, 2020
Avoid being in lonely places together. If both of you must meet then do that in open places. That should solve the problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by missimelda01(f): 10:22am On Apr 05, 2020
Kyra1:
Avoid being in lonely places together. If both of you must meet then do that in open places. That should solve the problem.
Yes, but is that realistic?
Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by Officialgarri: 10:27am On Apr 05, 2020
This thread is not for people like me. I'm outta here

1 Like

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 05, 2020
missimelda01:

What do you mean by an outdoor relationship?

Even during visitations, make sure its not done behind doors. See yourself outside the house, yii both can't be in a place all by yourselves. You should understand where I'm driving at.

3 Likes

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by missimelda01(f): 10:28am On Apr 05, 2020
Officialgarri:
You had to leave your footprints grin
Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by Benee1000(m): 10:43am On Apr 05, 2020
There's no universal rule or formula to totally avoid romance in a relationship. It is part of what makes it a relationship in the first place.
However, there are things that could be done in limiting the chances of a romantic relationship being converted into a sexual relationship.
Such things would definitely easier if both partners are virgins, and have similar religious beliefs.
First is that both partners agree that it's a no sex relationship.
Second is both partners set a boundary to the kind of romance allowed in the relationship which would depend on their level of self discipline
Third is both partners should involved a mentor (pastor, parents, close relative, older respected married friend, etc.) To guide and monitor their relationship.
Forth is Both partners should Limit exposure to friends or media which share contrasting views on what they want in their relationship.
Finally, pray and work towards the marriage as quickly as possible to avoid stories that touch..

But if after all the precautions taken, konji still prevailed, you both should please note:

Use protection by all means and/or morning after pills.....e get why....

It's not the end of the world, we're humans afterall,

God is more interested in accepting back repentant sinners than condemning them, so ask his forgiveness and repent.

Accept responsibility for your actions, forgive yourselves, forgive each other.

Analyze the circumstances that led to sex in the first place, discuss them and try to avoid them.

Finally, most likely going to happen again and again after the first, so get married asap

My two Kobo

Stay safe!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by missimelda01(f): 10:48am On Apr 05, 2020
Benee1000:
There's no universal rule or formula to totally avoid romance in a relationship. It is part of what makes it a relationship in the first place.
However, there are things that could be done in limiting the chances of a romantic relationship being converted into a sexual relationship.
Such things would definitely easier if both partners are virgins, and have similar religious beliefs.
Second is both partners set a boundary to the kind of romance allowed in the relationship which would depend on their level of self discipline
Third is both partners should involved a mentor (pastor, parents, close relative, older respected married friend, etc.) To guide and monitor their relationship.
Forth is Both partners should Limit exposure to friends or media which share contrasting views on what they want in their relationship.
Finally, pray and work towards the marriage as quickly as possible to avoid stories that touch..

My two Kobo

Stay safe!
Spot on.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:51am On Apr 05, 2020
missimelda01:
Aside from the dangers of premarital sex, as Christians we know that fornication is a sin. Truth is, it's pretty difficult to totally disengage from every form of sexual act like kissing, smooching and the rest. My question is, as a Christian how do we totally avoid such things in a relationship?

Primadonna0
Ladylite

Simply avoid them?

Should there be a how?

If you're both Christians and virgins, disciplined by the Spirit, I don't see how it should be an issue.

Though, a complete avoidance... of kissing,
hugging and the likes... are those sinful?

When does physical contact start becoming 'sinful?' When do you decide that?

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by DASKACE(m): 10:51am On Apr 05, 2020
To avoid premarital sex during courtship, you guys have to set boundaries. If he is staying alone, you don't go to his house alone. You can have a date in an open place like parks and gardens etc. Same applies to you as well unless you stay with your parents, then he is welcome to your house. The bible say we should "flee from all appearances of evil"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by missimelda01(f): 10:54am On Apr 05, 2020
Magnoliaa:

Simply avoid them?

Should there be a how?

If you're both Christians and virgins, disciplined by the Spirit, I don't see how it should be an issue.

In other words only Christians that are virgins are allowed to abstain from sexual acts? What of non-virgins who have decided to be celibate till after marriage.. you're being one sided.
Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by Blackmiserable(m): 10:56am On Apr 05, 2020
Are you trying to avoid pre-marital sex?
Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by CsRockefeller(m): 11:08am On Apr 05, 2020
Paul said if ur body is doing u somehow, MARRY!!

If you dont want that option then flee.

Any other advice other than these 2 is fairytale.

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by HocusPotos: 11:12am On Apr 05, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:
[/s]

1 Like

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by Dominionforlife: 11:24am On Apr 05, 2020
Amos 3:3, Can two walk together unless they are in agreement? Obviously, no!

It's very important that both individual have the same disposition towards premarital fidelity. This would make it easy to work out. If it's one party that believes in it, it would be almost impossible to abstain from sex.. The advise for any child of God is to engage in relationship with someone who is on the same spiritual frequency with him/her..

1 Like

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by zexy2030(m): 11:36am On Apr 05, 2020
Don't spoon feed ur lusts, rule out romance entirely and let there b a pastoral influence but not more than 4months marriage should happen. That's why ur friend would been the best to marry. The dating is to know intimate things like genotype, fertility test and blood diseases and plan your future. Except your church/organization is strongly monitoring, if u both of u are non virgins and not strong workers, you must fvck after 4months dating, how it will happen, both of u won't be able to explain since u av allowed romance. Even churches with strong rules like those strong bible believing churches some still get to fvck their fiance before deal day, and if found out they are both punished.
so she has monitors all around her that's why they avoid too much close contacts otherwise it leads to public embarrassment.

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 05, 2020
Set clear cut defined boundaries from the beginning by defining what u both want out of the relationship.

Avoid being in situations that might lead to it. Like totally avoid being physical. No touching,no kissing no hugs sef except the church hug below grin

If u are a virgin good for u. Avoid mixing with the wolves. Be very careful with what u allow inside( movies, books, teachings, internet posts and all that) to avoid the whispers that would sound so sweet and convincing within u.

A non virgin. Avoid those old ways completely, old worldly friends who are hell bent on seeing u the way u were, be selective of what u watch, read surf online or whatever goes inside of u.

Dont go to places u have no business being in in the first place. Places like clubs,wild parties & gatherings etc.

Avoid sending wrong signals. Like watch what u wear and how u wear them plus where u wear them to.

Most important the ones u call friends and besties should be people of like mind... Light has no business with darkness.

2 Likes

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by franchuks(m): 12:03pm On Apr 05, 2020
This is very difficult to practice when you note that the world is full of sex.

The holy spirit is always available, but a firm decision is required.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by missimelda01(f): 12:16pm On Apr 05, 2020
Dominionforlife:
Amos 3:3, Can two walk together unless they are in agreement? Obviously, no!

It's very important that both individual have the same disposition towards premarital fidelity. This would make it easy to work out. If it's one party that believes in it, it would be almost impossible to abstain from sex.. The advise for any child of God is to engage in relationship with someone who is on the same spiritual frequency with him/her..
It can be really hard to let go of someone who loves and treats you right just because he doesn't believe in abstaining from premarital sex, but I understand that's the only way.
Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 05, 2020
missimelda01:

Primadonna0
Ladylite

I totally disagree to @ the bolded. It is not true except both or one of the parties is not genuinely born again Christians. As a christian, You can disengage from every from of sexual act if youre spiritually minded and make a conscious effort to avoid every appearance of evil /sin. The Bible says, "and sin shall no longer have dominion over you" you need to constantly meditate on this word to remind you of who you are in Christ to prevent you from falling cheaply.

Now to your question.... Its very easy to have a relationship devoid of premarital sex except if both of you are not of same faith then it won't be possible.

If both of you are of the same faith, all you need to prevent such is
Avoid staying together alone in secluded places.

Avoid those petty touches and unnecessary close contacts of the body when together even in an open place.

Avoid sensual talks or discussion for too long and often.

Never sleep over for any reason.

If you must visit, go with someone.

Both of you should go for counseling from time under sound men of God who'll constantly guide you on the route you're about to take and also remind you of the dangers of defiling the bed.

Finally, pray, pray about yourselves and your relationship.
Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by missimelda01(f): 12:29pm On Apr 05, 2020
Jewessgratitudd:

I totally disagree to @ the bolded. It is not true except both or one of the parties is not genuinely born again Christians. As a christian, You can disengage from every from of sexual act if youre spiritually minded and make a conscious effort to avoid every appearance of evil /sin. The Bible says, "and sin shall no longer have dominion over you" you need to constantly meditate on this word to remind you of who you are in Christ to prevent you from falling cheaply.

Now to your question.... Its very easy to have a relationship devoid of premarital sex except if both of you are not of same faith then it won't be possible.

If both of you are of the same faith, all you need to prevent such is
Avoid staying together alone in secluded places.

Avoid those petty touches and unnecessary close contacts of the body when together even in an open place.

Avoid sensual talks or discussion for too long and often.

Never sleep over for any reason.

If you must visit, go with someone.

Both of you should go for counseling from time under sound men of God who'll constantly guide you on the route you're about to take and also remind you of the dangers of defiling the bed.

Finally, pray, pray about yourselves and your relationship.

You've spoken well.
But let me ask you, if you think it was so easy to stay away from sin, why do we have the Mercy of God?
We know what the Bible says but we still sin anyways, because we are HUMANS! Living a life of holiness is not easy ma'am, it requires discipline.
Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 05, 2020
Benee1000:

But if after all the precautions taken, konji still prevailed, you both should please note:

Use protection by all means and/or morning after pills.....e get why....

It's not the end of the world, we're humans afterall,

God is more interested in accepting back repentant sinners than condemning them, so ask his forgiveness and repent.

Accept responsibility for your actions, forgive yourselves, forgive each other.

Analyze the circumstances that led to sex in the first place, discuss them and try to avoid them.

Finally, most likely going to happen again and again after the first, so get married asap

My two Kobo

Stay safe!
You said it all.

1 Like

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 05, 2020
quote author=missimelda01 post=88118242]

You've spoken well.
But let me ask you, if you think it was so easy to stay away from sin, why do we have the Mercy of God? What shall we then say, shall we continue in sin that Grace may abound?" God forbid! ]Remember God says, " I'll have Mercy on whom I'll have Mercy, meaning not everyone might get that Mercy so you need to be rightly placed at all in the first place to be considered worthy of that Mercy. If you capitalize on the mercy of God to continue to sin, then chances are that you might fall short of that Mercy because God searches the heart and the intent behind what we do. He also says He will spill out a lukewarm Christian. So you better be hot for God.

We know what the Bible says but we still sin anyways, because we are HUMANS! Living a life of holiness is not easy ma'am, it requires discipline. [/quote]

To avoid falling, you need to make conscious effort which is backed up by Grace if you're truly determined not to sin. But if you're still one leg in, one leg out, then you'll find yourself falling easily especially to sin of formication.
Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by Rapmoney(m): 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2020
Anyone who doesn't want sex should stay off romantic affairs! Sex is a human act.

It's natural.
Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by Peaceraemi(f): 1:11pm On Apr 05, 2020
[color=#770077][/color]I think u should mak it clear to ur friends or whoever ur in a relationship with....
Explain ur rules and principles to them...
With this they should stop some rubbish around u..

1 Like

Re: As A Christian How Do You Avoid Premarital Sex In A Relationship? by ERCROSS(m): 1:17pm On Apr 05, 2020
Don't ever get married because you need sex

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Mother Doesnt Like My Fiance. Should I Marry Her? / Love Letter Of All Time. Very Hilarious! / Hookup Whatsapp Group For Single Mothers And Divorced Ladies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.