Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Strange Church Banner Advertises Death - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Strange Church Banner Advertises Death (590 Views)

'The ChiwetaluAgu In Your Life Will Die In 2024': Church Banner In Port Harcourt / "Chei Why I Marry Dis Girl" Funny Church Banner Spotted In Port-Harcourt / 'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Strange Church Banner Advertises Death by Shegun911(m): 5:08pm On Apr 05, 2020
While I was on a short walk around my community, I stumbled on this banner. I started reading through until my eyes fell on the highlighted portion written in Yoruba.
"Bi o ba ya banner yi o ku" meaning "If you tear this banner, you die"
I was at first startled but several thoughts began to run through my mind on why such was added to the banner. Had the people in that area been destroying previous banners? If they had been, could it be that the church is causing serious environmental nuisance with noise? Or are the people in that area just against the church without cause?

Whatever the issue maybe, whenever there are challenges between a church and its community, the church should find a positive, Godly and Spirit-guided means of proffering solutions so as not to cause further social mayhem. The church is created to serve the community and especially lead people to Christ Jesus. If it fails to fulfil this great commission, as stated in Matthew 28:19, then the strife has just begun

Re: Strange Church Banner Advertises Death by Franzinni: 5:13pm On Apr 05, 2020
gangster!
Re: Strange Church Banner Advertises Death by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 05, 2020
Lol... A church or a shrine?

(1) (Reply)

Shepherd Bushiri:Fake miracles exposed by the Camera Man / Jehovah's Witness Must Have Blood Transfusion - Court Rules / What If Your World Ends Today, Would You Be Ready?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.