Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

What Was Your Best Financial Investment And How Much Did You Make - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Was Your Best Financial Investment And How Much Did You Make (2261 Views)

How Much Did You Lose Trying To Return The Old Naira Notes To Banks? / What Is The Best Financial Advice You’ve Ever Been Given Or Learned On Nairalan? / What Is Your Worst Business Investment And How Much Did You Lose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was Your Best Financial Investment And How Much Did You Make by jedisco(m): 6:44pm On Apr 05, 2020
Tis is a follow up to the two threads below:

https://www.nairaland.com/4852491/how-old-when-made-first

https://www.nairaland.com/4853587/what-worst-business-investment-how

Having followed the two threads above for a while, it occurred to me that during this lockdown, it would be good to share ideas on decisions people made that put them on a different financial pedestal... If you have any, please share for the benefit of others

Edit:
For me, presumably, it was during the previous naira devaluation when Buhari took over.... It was so clear the naira wouldn't hold....bought some dollars and later sold in naira....about 500k in... Was a significant sum at the time

Currently in to a number of investments but none is yet to
really pay out.
Re: What Was Your Best Financial Investment And How Much Did You Make by dawnomike(m): 7:03pm On Apr 05, 2020
My bwst investment this lockdown period has been Binary options... It is as though this period is my lucky charm period grin

NB: Please do not try binary options like me ooo... YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY grin
It is like fortune just sent luck to me this time ni o.. it is not always like that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Best Financial Investment And How Much Did You Make by Darksider131: 7:09pm On Apr 05, 2020
dawnomike:
My bwst investment this lockdown period has been Binary options... It is as though this period is my lucky charm period grin

NB: Please do not try binary options like me ooo... YOU WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY grin
It is like fortune just sent luck to me this time ni o.. it is not always like that
you go soon get heart attack

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Best Financial Investment And How Much Did You Make by jedisco(m): 7:10pm On Apr 05, 2020
dawnomike:

I have not heard about binary options.... Can you expatiate?
It's not limited to the lockdown... Your best financial investment in life so far
Re: What Was Your Best Financial Investment And How Much Did You Make by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 05, 2020
cool
Re: What Was Your Best Financial Investment And How Much Did You Make by jedisco(m): 7:27pm On Apr 05, 2020
For me, presumably, it was during the previous naira devaluation when Buhari took over.... It was so clear the naira wouldn't hold....bought some dollars and later sold in naira....about 500k in... Was a significant sum at the time

really pay out.

@lalasticlala front page.
Re: What Was Your Best Financial Investment And How Much Did You Make by jedisco(m): 10:12am On Apr 06, 2020
More experiences house.... It should be a good learning curve for all
Re: What Was Your Best Financial Investment And How Much Did You Make by alkines(m): 12:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
Pple don't really want to show their arsenal

1 Like

Re: What Was Your Best Financial Investment And How Much Did You Make by jedisco(m): 8:05am On Apr 07, 2020
alkines:
Pple don't really want to show their arsenal

Not good.... It's easy to share bad experiences, it should be easier sharing good ones.... There's enough room in the sky to contain all birds that want to fly

2 Likes

Re: What Was Your Best Financial Investment And How Much Did You Make by alkines(m): 7:37pm On Apr 07, 2020
jedisco:

Not good.... It's easy to share bad experiences, it should be easier sharing good ones.... There's enough room in the sky to contain all birds that want to fly
only if pple could think in that direction
Re: What Was Your Best Financial Investment And How Much Did You Make by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 09, 2020
The truth is that businesses that are extremely profitable are discovered by the individual. In this part of the world those that are into very profitable businesses hardly reveal the businesses or trade secrets to others. It's something people have to discover for themselves. I'm not a business person o , I'm just stating what ive observed among business people / entrepreneurs.

3 Likes

Re: What Was Your Best Financial Investment And How Much Did You Make by jedisco(m): 11:05am On Apr 10, 2020
westerk:
The truth is that businesses that are extremely profitable are discovered by the individual. In this part of the world those that are into very profitable businesses hardly reveal the businesses or trade secrets to others. It's something people have to discover for themselves. I'm not a business person o , I'm just stating what ive observed among business people / entrepreneurs.

Sadly you're right and it's similar world over...
It must not be something an individual is currently working on, it may be something they did in the past or something open to everyone (e.g stocks, Forex) but they were able to turn to make profit. The amount of detail shared is purely at each persons discretion

These was once a thread here someone put up to chronicle his business activities. He was involved in lots of legit and basic stuff (like tomato resale, Forex...) and they were very profitable... It was an inspiration to lots of people

I've come to see that people overate the 'idea' factor..... Majority of people with fancy ideas make nothing. It's putting the idea to work that counts...and in real life, out of 10 fancy ideas put to work, about 2 or 3 may become viable in the long run

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was Your Best Financial Investment And How Much Did You Make by RuggedSniper: 1:09am On Dec 26, 2020
jedisco:
Tis is a follow up to the two threads below:

https://www.nairaland.com/4852491/how-old-when-made-first

https://www.nairaland.com/4853587/what-worst-business-investment-how

Having followed the two threads above for a while, it occurred to me that during this lockdown, it would be good to share ideas on decisions people made that put them on a different financial pedestal... If you have any, please share for the benefit of others

Edit:

really pay out.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Was Your Best Financial Investment And How Much Did You Make by Radioactivity(m): 8:26am On Aug 06, 2022
jedisco:

These was once a thread here someone put up to chronicle his business activities. He was involved in lots of legit and basic stuff (like tomato resale, Forex...) and they were very profitable... It was an inspiration to lots of people

Please can you share a link to that thread/ post or if possible how can i find it

(1) (Reply)

Make Real Easy Cash This Lockdown. / Who Can Catch Phone For Me In Enugu Before Dec.31st / I Want To Start Saving In Dollars.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.