Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? (22772 Views)

Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? / Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? / Is There Any Women Who Is Over 18 And Still A Virgin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by curiousNja(f): 2:17am On Jun 06, 2007
My girlfriend just met this guy that she is into but is a bit concerned. Thought I would ask here as I dont know what to tell her. Can you speak about your experience? Good or bad and what did you learn about their culture?
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by ashantegal(f): 2:28am On Jun 06, 2007
i've dated them before i mean everything depends on the person, but sometimes some of them can be so annoying in a sense that they want to sleep with you all time and stuff but then again what man of any culture doesn't
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by lakers: 3:30am On Jun 06, 2007
Let race not stop you from doing wat you want, if you like him then go ahead. Its all about wat package the guy brings.
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by idiotogbdcm(m): 8:55am On Jun 06, 2007
p*i*m*p ;d
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by ashantegal(f): 10:01pm On Jun 06, 2007
west indian men are'nt to far off from african men so you can kind of at times see some similarities
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by zewditu(f): 3:16am On Jun 22, 2010
Yes most guys I've dated are Caribbean as I live here, They are different, for one they don't view your race as being important, two they're not uptight about what food you prepare if you can cook at all that is, which goes both ways , mind you they like their belly but they can easily BUY mamma's cooking.
Caribbean folks are not marriage minded, yes we may have a significant other but marriage is not a must to prove that.
Another thing is that Caribbean guys have lots to look at , here in Trini is a melting pot of all different races so guy might love his dark skinned girl but he might be lookin croosed eye at a redz pasin by,
Now I recently met a naija man, oooh is he different
First I met him through his Dad who at once started bashment of us Trini girls
1) We cant or dont like to cook, when we do cook we cook unedible bushes eg dasheen leaf which we make callaloo a fav Sunday dish and we cook everything with sugar, yes we do caramlaize sugar before stewing meat
2)Marriage is between two families and according o him " us trini lovers go off by ourself meet a aguy then inform THEM, the family we gettin married" and to toots with their opinion, which most times is true,
I say who marryin the man me or u? eh
So the naija man meh like dont want no dealings, mainly cause i from Trini, hmmmm whats this tribe thing bout we all people ent[color=#990000]
[/color]
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by zewditu(f): 3:26am On Jun 22, 2010
To summarise the differences we Caribbeans were most of our ancestors that is we once enslaved soooooo
We free now and our men like us like that, to be FREE
they like women to make theie own choices no masaa tie down thing
Our men not in this tribe thing no toooo this or u too that
nah our men like the rest of us aint have no ties to no part of the world no overdon patriotism here so once u a good woman no matta if u come from kitty country u good to go
Another difference is the naija man i know wanna be like well u have to have good degre,good family,good money
No man, our men good body, nice personality,sweet and friendly with yes ambition still bt not all that materialistic checklist to prove to his family that you are nice, So i say, thats sums it up
ohhh and the sex, well we have the best beaches so most of them , like nearly all men like a lady in the road, but secretly they want all their friend lusting over their sexually alluring woman!!!!!!

A trini say so bout nigerian vs caribbean men
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by Carolece(f): 3:47am On Jun 22, 2010
There seem to be a common trend with men which is called cheating, not with any particular race or nation. What I notice though with most of my Caribbean men they lack decorum.
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by zewditu(f): 4:14am On Jun 22, 2010
I disagree
Naija men very ritualistic about things most thing follow a certain custom and are adhered to by unspoken rules
Caribbean men grow up most of them or live near to beach so with that goes a certain level of propreity, a very free spirited level
Mind you depending on the job they hold they maybe be very proper and well mannered but after 4pm it flies out the window esp when they around their women!
Caribbean men may give their woman a slap on the buttocks,infront friends,, thats just playful lovin, IS THAT THE LACK
may have a child mother and live with her for yrs without marriage, mind she knows shes the boss, IS THAT THE LACK
Naija men stick to old customs even when far away from home, TOOOO much decorum, a lil surfin to slacken those muscles might do some good
The oxford smugness comes in at 8am-4pm Mon-Fri, other than that free up, drop those heavy manners, no schoolmaster lookin!
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:31am On Jun 22, 2010
Madam Zedwitu, are you being forced to date/look at a Nigerian man?

If you think Nigerian men are uptight and culture oriented then biko stick to your free spirited Caribbean men!

I can't stand it when you folks come on here going about Nigerian men this and that! You ain't being tied to a Nigerian dude! So you either adapt to his way of doing things or look else where! Instead of whining about the whole place! Mtchewwww!!!
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 22, 2010
carribbean?
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by sesman(m): 10:39am On Jun 22, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

Madam Zedwitu, are you being forced to date/look at a Nigerian man?

If you think Nigerian men are uptight and culture oriented then biko stick to your free spirited Caribbean men!

I can't stand it when you folks come on here going about Nigerian men this and that! You ain't being tied to a Nigerian dude! So you either adapt to his way of doing things or look else where! Instead of whining about the whole place! Mtchewwww!!!

Gbam, thank you

I thought i was the only getting highly irritated by the comparison, it is not by force to date Naija Men, for pete's sake. if you aint happy with whomever you are dating move on, na by force
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by Mygoldie(f): 2:42am On Jan 30, 2011
i don't like Caribbean men.
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by Nobody: 2:45am On Jan 30, 2011
tpia is CLEARLY popping shots @ me CLEARLY!  grin grin grin grin grin grin

[size=18pt]i VIVAN LOS HOMBRES CARRIBES ![/size]

I LOVE MY CARIBBEAN MEN kiss kiss
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 09, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

tpia is CLEARLY popping shots @ me CLEARLY!  grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin
i forgot about this thread! LOL
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by ijawgirl: 12:32am On Oct 09, 2011
easy on the eyes kiss
but whores lipsrsealed

dey have kids @ every corner
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 09, 2011
ijaw_girl:

easy on the eyes kiss
but whores lipsrsealed

shocked shocked angry
abomination!

they are not ho3s! they are players! grin
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by MrsChima1(f): 12:37am On Oct 09, 2011
Hmm. grin
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by ijawgirl: 12:42am On Oct 09, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

shocked shocked angry
abomination!

they are not ho3s! they are players!  grin

yea players
carribean guys have earned a reputation with promiscuity and children outside wedlock littered practically everywhere
Most of my carribean friends dont know their real fathers. .dey were all raised by their mothers

I am scared of  carri men undecided
so many hot Jamaican and trini men ard tho
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by Nobody: 12:56am On Oct 09, 2011
ijaw_girl:

yea players
carribean guys have earned a reputation with promiscuity and children outside wedlock littered practically everywhere
Most of my carribean friends dont know their real fathers. .dey were all raised by their mothers

I am scared of  carri men undecided
so many hot Jamaican men ard

to tell you the truth it may come as a surprise but IN the caribbean men take care of their children and
their mother/s.

although we have a culture, we are still pretty much western not just in location but background and historically. unlike our african brothers and sisters we for the most part are not 'bound' if you will by certain traditions and expectations as our 'adoptive' culture is mostly from modern European/American stand points. This culture is all about this "free will, free to do as we want" mentality. in our culture a man is a man who provides but somehow our younger men believe a man is a man who can not only provide but have more kids and baby mothers than the next  tongue.

a lot of it has to do with American influence although I would say some of our men are cowards who not only knock the girls up but as you have established, flee. It's a sad reality but luckily it does not apply in all cases. I know some caribbean men who are devoted fathers, lovers and husbands. the kind that earn honest/decent livings and provide with no excuses. I also know some who are straight BUMS! It sometimes depend on the women too. Most caribbean men respect and crave no nonsense women but the chicken heads  grin according to them are not worthy and sadly the children suffer for it.  undecided Women who are goal oriented generally know off gate when a clown is on the prowl and can easily spot him out but some get sucked in because unfortunately our men are known for being smooth talkers! however sometimes a no nonsense woman can make a Caribbean 'player' change his ways - i can vouch for that one.
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by MrsChima1(f): 1:01am On Oct 09, 2011
Carribean men aren't the only ones populating the world. Just because they are not married to the Carribean women doesn't mean they do not take care of their children.

A trifling man is trifling regardless if he is married or not. Please let not go there about these married men that are screwing and having illegitimate kids with other women.

Which one is worse, a married man or a single man with illegitimate kids?
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by ijawgirl: 1:22am On Oct 09, 2011
none but taking care of all their kids
dats the most important thing
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by Nobody: 1:23am On Oct 09, 2011
^^true. very true.

Mrs, Chima:

Carribean men aren't the only ones populating the world.  Just because they are not married to the Carribean women doesn't mean they do not take care of their children.  

A trifling man is trifling regardless if he is married or not.  Please let not go there about these married men that are screwing and having illegitimate kids with other women.  

Which one is worse, a married man or a single man with illegitimate kids?

excellent point sis.
i actually liken their attitudes to African men in a way.
caribbean men and african men are not that different from each other.

btw. .  grin u have been a naughty girl sis. u know what I am talking about.
*looks @ chima's sig and location* smh  grin
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by ijawgirl: 1:33am On Oct 09, 2011
Anyways Carribean men are fu/cking hot!
dese guys got game  grin smooth talkers-100%
the carribean men @ my school esp the Jamaican guys-hunks!
tempted 2 date them but erm hmm grin
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by MrsChima1(f): 1:42am On Oct 09, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

^^true. very true.

excellent point sis.
i actually liken their attitudes to African men in a way.
caribbean men and african men are not that different from each other.

btw. .  grin u have been a naughty girl sis. u know what I am talking about.
*looks @ chima's sig and location* smh  grin

My hands were twisted and I was doing me. tongue

Caribbean men and African men have two different flavors in my opinions and a good man will raise their children because it is their responsibility and not because a government mandate them to do so.
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by Nobody: 1:47am On Oct 09, 2011
ijaw_girl:

Anyways Carribean men are fu/cking hot!
dese guys got game grin smoothe talkers-100%
the carribean men @ my school esp the Jamaiacan guys-hunks!
tempted 2 date them but erm hmm grin

grin grin
lol I understand you completely.
I am half Jamo and kinda 'reserved' when it comes to caribbean men.
some of them nor born well! grin others. . .well they are definitely in their own league.
beautiful to look at and have excellent conversation but i still have a special love for African men. smiley

@chima absolutely. a REAL man would take charge and care of his responsibilities. there is NO gray area in that.
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by MrsChima1(f): 1:53am On Oct 09, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

but i still have a special love for African men. smiley

You can say Cameroonian men. We won't bite you. tongue

Cameroonian men are ugly. tongue
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by MrsChima1(f): 1:54am On Oct 09, 2011
Trinidadian men are interesting. lipsrsealed
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by ijawgirl: 2:01am On Oct 09, 2011
its good 2 see an Island girl like you that appreciates African men
many carribean pple dont like dating Africans
unless the African is very buoyant
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by ijawgirl: 2:03am On Oct 09, 2011
the guy i am dating is cameroonian
n hes far from ugly wink
Re: Any Women On Here Dated A Caribbean Man? by Nobody: 2:07am On Oct 09, 2011
@chima shattarap there!  angry before i tell fagstranger you love him  grin

ijaw_girl:

the guy i am dating is cameroonian
n hes far from ugly  wink

Chima is a HATER!  grin

i too am dating a 'Cammy'.  smiley
and i really do appreciate African men. it's very unfortunate the rift between western blacks and africans.
we are very similar but focus on our differences. i am just glad that i am not the only one who is looking at Africa with admiration and not in pity or resentment.  smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

She Met Her Husband On Tiktok 6months Ago After Getting Served Breakfast ❣️ / Couple Who Met On A Relationship Radio Show Wed In Calabar (photos) / No Guy Can Actually F*ck A Girl Till Her Leg Shake, We Fake It’– Lady Says:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.