Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? (12997 Views)

Ladies, Can You Date/have You Dated A Nerd? / Describe The Worst Person You Ever Dated / Are Nigerian Man Possessive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Popowaa: 6:13pm On Dec 16, 2012
Have you ever dated a possessive person?

They tend to be the most caring and super wonderful people but can be very jealous,controlling and abusive people and the most annoying part is when they act out as if you were their personal property.

I've lost a job because of a possessive guy all because he thought i wasn't having "enough" time for him and also that i wasn't asking him for money anymore.

share your experience?

1 Like

Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by k2039: 6:24pm On Dec 16, 2012
I dated a girl that was too possesive, ofcourse, she wanted all the attention on herself, it was irritating and a break up was inevitable.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Exponental(m): 6:51pm On Dec 16, 2012
No........ My babe is cool headed n my exs were not either.
Lucky me sheey?
Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by KateSpade(f): 6:56pm On Dec 16, 2012
yup, dated a man for a few months. At first things were good then he started questioning any male friend I had, telling me to change my attire, telling me to drop certain friends, not wanting me to work but just stay and live with him. Or if I was working, he wanted me to be his assistant. I would laugh because I thought he was joking, he was serious. I didn't back down and broke up with him.

1 Like

Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 16, 2012
KateSpade: yup, dated a man for a few months. At first things were good then he started questioning any male friend I had, telling me to change my attire, telling me to drop certain friends, not wanting me to work but just stay and live with him. Or if I was working, he wanted me to be his assistant. I would laugh because I thought he was joking, he was serious. I didn't back down and broke up with him.
Nice one i hate pple like that my aunt ended up with one and he stopped her from working and she was a big time banker,now she earns less than her peers
Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by dmcdad: 7:15pm On Dec 16, 2012
Popowaa: Have u ever dated a possesive person?They tend to be de most caring n super wonderful people but can be de very jealous,controlling n abusive people n de most annoying part is when they act out as if u were their personal property.I've lost a job because of a possesive guy all because he thought i wasn't having "enough" time for him n also dat i wasn't asking him for money anymore. share ur experience?
Were u retrenched or something? Cuz saying that you lost a job sounded like u were sacked. I guess what you meant was that you resigned. Anywayz, if resignation was the case, it shows you are a juvenile and as such, don't know much about life. It would also prove u didn't know what you wanted or rather didn't know how to prioritize things..

Anywayz, @topic, havent come across such a person..

4 Likes

Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Saraha1(f): 7:42pm On Dec 16, 2012
yes I had one like that but I was very very smart to detect his behavior so within a week I gave him a sack letter becos I can't stand such men.
Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Popowaa: 8:14pm On Dec 16, 2012
dmcdad:
Were u retrenched or something? Cuz saying that you lost a job sounded like u were sacked. I guess what you meant was that you resigned. Anywayz, if resignation was the case, it shows you are a juvenile and as such, don't know much about life. It would also prove u didn't know what you wanted or rather didn't know how to prioritize things..

Anywayz, @topic, havent come across such a person..
i resigned oo,we had a fight n he told because i had a job i'm behaving like an independent woman which he hates n dat he ll teach me a lesson,unknowingly he had taken my boss number from de fone,he called him n threaten him to stay off me if he does not any trouble.went to job n my boss called me to be careful of de guy.de embarrasement alone made me break up with de guy.he didnt understand n started threatening my boss till it got violent so i had to resign.
Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 16, 2012
I haven't and don't wish to...plus, i don't think Naija girls are possessive by nature.It's more a common trait among the guys

1 Like

Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by lolaluv1(f): 8:15pm On Dec 16, 2012
@dondav
'Lemme See' is my jam!gringrin

#Singing
What you gon do to me,
Don't talk about it, be about it, lemme see 2x....

@op
Yes, I have. You captured the description so aptly. Those types start off nicely then KABOOM! It goes off in your face...
You will never reach your full potentials with an overpossessive guy. Everybody around you is a threat that they want to get rid of. Including your family.

He still stalks me and it's a month short of 2 years.
Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Dec 16, 2012
binger: I haven't and don't wish to...plus, i don't think Naija girls are possessive by nature.It's more a common trait among the guys
You'd be shocked i have one, and the funny part is we are not even dating, as a Programmer the time is never yours and i communicate with females about that, but this one is just another level she feels i must drop my work to cater to her attentions, and this is us not dating. so imagine me asking her out(which is not possible anyway).

1 Like

Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 16, 2012
Popowaa: i was resigned oo,we had a fight n he told because i had a job i'm behaving like an inddepent woman which he hates n dat he ll teach me a lesson,unknowingly he had taken my boss number from de fone,he called him n threaten him to stay off me if he does not any trouble.went to job n my boss called me to be careful of de guy.de embarrasement alone made me break up with de guy.he didnt understand n started threatening my boss till it got violent so i had to resign.
u quit a job in Nigeria cos of a hot misunderstanding with ur ex?? Fishy statement...
Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 16, 2012
binger: u quit a job in Nigeria cos of a hot misunderstanding with ur ex?? Fishy statement...
u'd be surpised what Nigerian babes do to keep a relationship. Career is core
Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 16, 2012
pc guru:
You'd be shocked i have one, and the funny part is we are not even dating, as a Programmer the time is never yours and i communicate with females about that, but this one is just another level she feels i must drop my work to cater to her attentions, and this is us not dating. so imagine me asking her out(which is not possible anyway).
See,she aint possessive. Its obvious u don't give her attention cos of work...so,she is only seeking your presence in her life.
Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Dec 16, 2012
One of my ex boyfriends was possessive and extremely jealous. It was hell on earth! lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 16, 2012
^^ i get but the point is we are not dating yet, and to be quite frank as touching that might sound, its not that easy when you got to make ends meet. i guess am describing the wrong thing here
Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by lolaluv1(f): 8:39pm On Dec 16, 2012
Dondav:
Lol! I keep singing "Bring your body, Lemme see 3*...

For real? Lol.
You, my man need to be educated. I'm your teacher. Oya listen!grin

*clears throat and starts singing.

Chorus:
#You've been saying all night long,
That you couldn't wait to get me home alone,
What you gon do to me,
Don't talk about it,
Be about it,
Lemme see, lemme see, lemme see.

Girl, I can't wait to get you home,
Talk a good game mate, c'mon!
Hollaring bout what you gon do to me,
Quit talking bout it, be about it.
LEMME SEE! 3x.

And the vid is hot too. Ropes and tieing. Damn sexy!cheesy
Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by lolaluv1(f): 9:02pm On Dec 16, 2012
Dondav:
Lol! Thanks for da lecture... grin
I don't really like the ropes... It makes it seem like a slave Indecency...!!
But the tattoo stuffs was kinda cool!
How would u feel in dis modern times, when ur Nigerian bf ties u up with a rope!! The first thing to come ur mind will be for "Ritual" purpose. grin

Lol at ritual purpose. Slave Indecency? Can't really say as I don't watch Indecency.

Though he left her tied for long and now that I think about it, it does have a slave feel to it.

Have you heard John Legend's 'Best You Ever Had'? Another nice slow jam!wink grin
Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 16, 2012
Oh mehn!this thread has been so derailed by music freaks...

2 Likes

Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Lobi(f): 9:11pm On Dec 16, 2012
My friend dated one of such guys,i wonder how she coped. He called all her friends to tell them to keep off, even down to female friends. She wasn't even allowed to talk to his own brother
Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by lolaluv1(f): 9:24pm On Dec 16, 2012
Dondav:
Wow! How did u know that I love that song?
The track is so amazing... Can't get enough of it!! wink
I've been listening to that track for months now..
Interesting! Just discovered it earlier this month in the movie: Think Like A Man. I was like, I have to have this song.
#sigh.
Love it. LOVE IT!!

@binger
My apologies. I just couldn't resist. But I answered the op's question, before the derailing.
Lots of other times to talk music anyways!
Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 16, 2012
carefreewannabe: One of my ex boyfriends was possessive and extremely jealous. It was hell on earth! lipsrsealed
thank goodness u didn't burn to death...lol
Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 16, 2012
lola.luv:

@binger
My apologies. I just couldn't resist. But I answered the op's question, before the derailing.
Lots of other times to talk music anyways!
yeah...we're cool dear.just use the Music section when u're caught up in the frenzy...
Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 16, 2012
IMHO, such people should be given ONE CHANCE to change their ways, if they dont, then they should quickly be dumped without mercy so that they can go and get the professional help they require.
Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by eduson77(m): 1:02pm On Dec 17, 2012
i cant date a possessive partner.
i always ask them if they are possessed before our dating go kick off.
Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2012
I dated a guy like this and it didn't work out. I basically think it's impossible to deal with. If he's so possessive he's not letting you be you, then he has some serious problems and you should tell him, and tell him over and over and over again that this behavior is unacceptable to you.

He's probably afraid of losing you or insecure. But whatever it is, it's his problem and he's making it your problem. Don't let him squash your spirit!
Re: Have Your Ever Dated A Possessive Partner ? by Gabrielsylar(m): 1:13pm On Dec 17, 2012
Popowaa: Have you ever dated a possessive person?

They tend to be the most caring and super wonderful people but can be very jealous,controlling and abusive people and the most annoying part is when they act out as if you were their personal property.

I've lost a job because of a possessive guy all because he thought i wasn't having "enough" time for him and also that i wasn't asking him for money anymore.

share your experience?
hmmmmmm I will advice u to hold him well cos by the toime u biological clocks 35 u will wish otherwise.....ure running ur mouth now cos u tink u are still young and preety and listening to bad advices from ur gal friends who will take him away as soon as dump him due to flimy excuse of him being possessive...its natiral in a world of BB and 2go and FB ladies are becoming emotionally solvent and hence guys are more paranoid ....but remember we guys are predators and the “beautiful ones re yet to be born“ so enjoy what u have while it lasts and u may JUST be lucky it may last forever

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Have Gotten My First Girlfriend What Can I Do To Keep Her / How Faithful Are You In Your Relationship? / Girls Feelings In Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.