Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics (82379 Views)

CBN To Reduce The Volume Of N500, N1000 In Circulation - Nairametrics / 5 Businesses You Can Start With N50,000 In 2019 / 10 Businesses That Can Make You Rich In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by temptnow: 4:02pm On Apr 06, 2020
People sharing government cash are the only people making money

4 Likes

Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 06, 2020
Not true...

The only business thriving now is Bitcoin trading...

Argue with your keyboard... see how

Time to trade Bitcoin & get some good profits.
Exchange rate now #397 to $1 for Bitcoin selling.
Sell $100 and get #39700.
Trade with me as well and get weekly profits from returns.

I need just 10 people to join me with 200 euro each to get massive monthly profits from trading. Each investor will get as low as 100 euro profit at the end of each month guaranteed.

I made 50 euro profits last week & I have been making it weekly with just 500 euro capital.Quote post to start investing now.
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by haleymoon: 4:02pm On Apr 06, 2020
Food business seems to be the most thriving business lately as people would want to refill upon restock in this lock down

1 Like

Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by money121(m): 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2020
Ok
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by bamasite2: 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2020
Op, nice post.

However, you only looked at industries without discussing specific businesses ideas that someone can pick up and run with.

Well, I discussed that in the video below and I am in the process of making another hit video that will explain specific businesses you can hop on to. Ensure you subscribe to my channel and turn on notifications so you can be among the first people to get notified when I upload the video....God bless us all

Look at these 10 methods!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWj5ORY38bA

The video explains 10 specific practical methods you can use right now to cash in big from the COVID-19 scare ravaging the globe.

If you own a business, work in business development, sales, marketing, promotion, etc then you MUST apply number 8 and 9 right now in your existing business or job else you will be losing so much money!
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by TheVictorious(m): 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2020
Hi Chinedu, healthcare is not thriving, only medic supplies' business is thriving, and that's because they are unfairly holding back and/or hiking that prices of drugs and other medical consumables in a manner that is really unfair. It's very hard to be a hospital now, especially a private one with no government support to meet the cost of the daily consumables you use (the majority of which have increased by over 1000%!), amidst the low patient turnout, since every medical facility has informed their patients and clients to avoid the hospital except for very pressing issues.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by donmeks123(m): 4:04pm On Apr 06, 2020
Food is number one money making business now.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by wizkidblogger(f): 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2020
Number 1 is p*orn. websites

Those guys are cashing out madly now oo grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by iretemide(f): 4:05pm On Apr 06, 2020
food stuffs.
I called people that I usually buy Gari from yesterday, just to order for more, I was told the quantity we used to buy at #2,200 it's now #5,500.
Nigerian are too selfish.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Tobinrobin(m): 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2020
You forgot onlyfans
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Tonyspecial(m): 4:06pm On Apr 06, 2020
Ife oriri market.

1 Like

Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Sultty(m): 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2020
Okafor d local coffin maker business is booming and his undertakers
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by galaxy2020(m): 4:08pm On Apr 06, 2020
Including sale of recharge cards and pos withdrawals and payments. Most ppl can't get to the banks bcus of the lockdown, so they have no other choice than to make withdrawals with pos machine. For recharge cards, you must make calls whether good or bad.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Gkay1(m): 4:08pm On Apr 06, 2020
Everything is money now even lalastical because no where to go now unless u stay online
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by greencard: 4:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
Yenefer:
Is it impossible to consider that they created and unleashed this virus on the world? Their, 'lack of transparency' seems naïve to me. The world economy is bust, and they're buying everything dirt cheap. Their end game, in my view, is they come out on top as world leaders. We've got to wake up.
wake up to do what exactly?

We be pawn for this chess game

Benin people go say No level grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Yenefer(f): 4:10pm On Apr 06, 2020
greencard:
wake up to do what exactly?

We be pawn for this chess game

Benin people go say No level grin

grin
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Nobody: 4:11pm On Apr 06, 2020
Boredom and Worrisome surpasses all these your businesses oooooo
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Spechialone(f): 4:12pm On Apr 06, 2020
Sales of foodstuff
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by SweetCunt97(f): 4:13pm On Apr 06, 2020
Food business
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by ChoCho54(f): 4:14pm On Apr 06, 2020
wizkidblogger:
Number 1 is p*orn. websites

Those guys are cashing out madly now oo grin
I swear! Global cash out o cheesy

OP, in my area, POS operators are cashing out big time as they have increased the commission they charge.

1 Like

Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by CokeBar(f): 4:14pm On Apr 06, 2020
hustla:

Wrong
Microsoft has seen a 750% surge in the use of its products most especially Microsoft Azure & Microsoft Teams which is used for messaging and video conferencing /screen sharing. So much that they have had to reduce usage in some parts and limitations to their Subscription offering - some free subscriptions have even been suspended

Also due to the need to work from home, Windows Virtual Desktop usage and Azure Aadds to host Native applications has also surged

Zoom too has seen a jump in usage and revenue even with the recent security concerns

Home shopping /Personal shopping and delivery services like icart ( not sure the name) have also benefited

Some People are cashing out in the middle of this crisis

wink

Lol, AADDS, do you have experience working with Azure?

I used to support it.
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Jollof123: 4:15pm On Apr 06, 2020
Bottling Company like cocacola e.t.c

1 Like

Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Sacchi1162(m): 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2020
Yahoo yahoo
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2020
OP you didn't mention sale of hand sanitizers
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Ttorp(m): 4:18pm On Apr 06, 2020
Very educative. I as a recharge and get paid ambassador (Telecommunication sector) have been smiling more than before from day one of this pandemic.
To join me, you can hi me on 08140975767 on WhatsApp.

Check out on of my guys daily income here �

Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by FullBlastLight: 4:20pm On Apr 06, 2020
Edu3Again:
All thanks to Coronavirus

This video explains the origins of Coronavirus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQFCcSI0pU

Once Cows are not infected, Buhari does not care

Yap, d Chinese Govt shld be held accountable 4 dis global mess!

I pray we get out of it soonest!
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by oyeb15: 4:20pm On Apr 06, 2020
Boredom

No business is thriving right now.
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Babaibejii: 4:21pm On Apr 06, 2020
HyzExcellencee:
5 TYPES OF BUSINESSES THAT ARE THRIVING DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC by Chinedu Nnawetanma

The Coronavirus Pandemic has hit the world economy like a ton of bricks. Countless businesses across various industries have practically shutdown or are operating at fraction of their full capacity as a result of the restrictions on movement imposed by governments around the world to curtail the spread of the virulent COVID-19.

The International Monetary Fund (IMF), through its Managing Director, Kristalina Georgieva, on March 27 confirmed that the global economy has already slipped into a recession. Also, the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) cut its GDP growth forecast for global economy for the year 2020 to 2.4%, the lowest rate since the 2008-2009 financial crisis. At the national levels, the United States, United Kingdom, Italy, France and Malaysia are just a few of the countries that are almost certainly headed for a recession.

However, not every business has been negatively impacted by the global pandemic. Businesses in certain industries are actually thriving amidst the COVID-19-induced economic downturn. Changing lifestyle and business patterns occasioned by the restrictions on movement in various parts of the world means that people are now forced to spend much of their time indoors and engage in indoor and online activities, albeit temporarily. This has opened up a window of opportunity for online-oriented businesses.

Below are 5 peculiar industries that are currently witnessing uncommon growth in a recession-hit global economy.

1. Healthcare: It goes without saying that this is a boom period for businesses in the healthcare industry and its value chain. A lot of medical products and services are in high demand, such as surgical masks, hand sanitizers, disinfectants, vitamins and supplements, home healthcare and medical supplies, with many healthcare companies struggling to meet demands. Though saving lives is paramount in times like this, that has not stopped healthcare companies from smiling to the bank.

2. Social Media: Social media consumption has risen sharply across the world since the onset of the coronavirus crisis. According to a survey by the London-based market research firm, Kantar, in 30 economies between March 14 and 24, instant messaging giant, WhatsApp, has seen a 40% increase in usage due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Similarly, social networking platform Facebook has witnessed a 37% bump in usage since the crisis began.

Thanks to the ubiquity of the digital media, people are now discovering and leveraging novel ways of staying in touch with friends, family and colleagues; keeping abreast of happenings within their locality and around the world; and combating boredom amidst the lockdown.

3. Telecommuting: Organizations, including businesses, government agencies and religious bodies, have been forced to modify the way they operate in order to simultaneously keep their employees safe and ensure that their operations do not grind to a halt during the pandemic. More people than ever before are now working remotely. This phenomenon has elevated telecommuting platforms once considered luxuries to bare essentials of the work setting.

While stock markets have crashed and sent shares of travel and logistics companies like Uber and Lyft plummeting, the valuations of telecommuting companies like the video calling app Zoom have skyrocketed. The estimated net worth of Zoom's founder, Eric Yuan, has increased by more than $4 billion since the start of the coronavirus crisis.

4. Gaming: The entertainment industry generally is among the worst-hit industries in the coronavirus crisis. Movie studios have suspended production, sporting events have been cancelled, cinemas are shut, advert revenues for TV companies have dried up and streaming services like Netflix are struggling to churn out new content that will keep their subscribers engaged.

But the surge in demand for home entertainment has particularly benefited one niche business in the entertainment industry: online video gaming. US telco, Verizon, revealed in a recent report that video gaming traffic on its internet network during peak hours has spiked by as much as 75% since the shutdown in the United States began, and similar figures have been reported by other sources across other gaming hubs around the world.

5. E-learning: For many, this lockdown is an opportunity for self-improvement. And they have seized it to develop their knowledge and expand their skill set by taking online courses in software development, cooking, makeup, fashion design, foreign languages and entrepreneurship, among others. Parents have also enrolled their children in online academic programs while waiting for schools to resume.

All in all, apart from businesses in the healthcare industry (for obvious reasons), the biggest winners – for the lack of a more somber term – here are online-based and online-oriented businesses. A key takeaway for entrepreneurs during this economic gloom and doom should be the need to embrace the digital economy.

by Chinedu Nnawetanma
IG & Twitter: @Chinedugn

https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/04/five-industries-that-thrive-in-covid-19-downturn/

Add beer.
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Karlifate: 4:22pm On Apr 06, 2020
6. Looting of donated COVIK 1 9 funds.
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Crownhome(m): 4:22pm On Apr 06, 2020
Full time bet9ja punters gather here
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Kingmoney7: 4:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
Very true

Listen to what the twins has got to say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2c7ddY8sJU
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by YouareaBITCH(f): 4:23pm On Apr 06, 2020
You didn’t add people into agriculture, who grow foods.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Full List Of Elon Musk’s Wives, Girlfriends And Children (Photos) / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian / Affordable Clothes & Accessories In Dubai?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.