Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:29 AM

5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics (82396 Views)

CBN To Reduce The Volume Of N500, N1000 In Circulation - Nairametrics / 5 Businesses You Can Start With N50,000 In 2019 / 10 Businesses That Can Make You Rich In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:24pm On Apr 06, 2020
PAYTV will make a lot of profit. DStv and gotv use to beg me to renew. Now they are not.
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Nigeriapen(m): 4:25pm On Apr 06, 2020
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by mvem(m): 4:25pm On Apr 06, 2020
Yenefer:
Is it impossible to consider that they created and unleashed this virus on the world? Their, 'lack of transparency' seems naïve to me. The world economy is bust, and they're buying everything dirt cheap. Their end game, in my view, is they come out on top as world leaders. We've got to wake up.
so now you have woken up, what will it change ?
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by scent9(f): 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
Delivery services too.
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
Pls is NIPOST working?
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by gudugbeoriejo: 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
You can as well resell MTN CUG and make cool money daily and monthly...

Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Openbusiness: 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2020
FanRong:
Frankly speaking,
The worst thing to lack during this period in Nigeria is DATA and INTERNET.
Actually, it's power supply. You can't use those 2 things without light

1 Like

Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by mickeymimi: 4:28pm On Apr 06, 2020
DIY ..exercise ..cooking and health videos are also getting more views
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by mercuryman: 4:29pm On Apr 06, 2020
Should be interested in having a beginners' guide to Graphics design, check out https://quickstartacademy.com.ng for a free class
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2020
The one that holds the crown of them all is agricultural and rearing business... The world is run by stomach, as food is the source of living and strength, reason hunger is the last weapon of the globalists (NWO) to usher the world into great tribulation times which is at hand.

Christians, look up, your redemption is here. Focus on Him.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by kunleham(m): 4:31pm On Apr 06, 2020
Food and grocery items

1 Like

Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Brunicekid(m): 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2020
Dalexicographer:
Learn high income skills guys....
D.M number in signature
It's OK.
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Gr8tfulmind(m): 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2020
Hello,

I'm introducing you to a fast growing social earning site where members gets reward for every activities they engage same as facebook.

It is a non-referral program that pays biweekly (i.e every two weeks) ranging from uploading photos, reactions and comments.

You can actually earn 30k upward biweekly.

Whatsapp me via the link on my signature.
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by LaconicINC: 4:35pm On Apr 06, 2020
OP, you forgot to mention forex trading o!
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Onlinefarmstore: 4:35pm On Apr 06, 2020
HyzExcellencee:
5 TYPES OF BUSINESSES THAT ARE THRIVING DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC by Chinedu Nnawetanma

The Coronavirus Pandemic has hit the world economy like a ton of bricks. Countless businesses across various industries have practically shutdown or are operating at fraction of their full capacity as a result of the restrictions on movement imposed by governments around the world to curtail the spread of the virulent COVID-19.

The International Monetary Fund (IMF), through its Managing Director, Kristalina Georgieva, on March 27 confirmed that the global economy has already slipped into a recession. Also, the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) cut its GDP growth forecast for global economy for the year 2020 to 2.4%, the lowest rate since the 2008-2009 financial crisis. At the national levels, the United States, United Kingdom, Italy, France and Malaysia are just a few of the countries that are almost certainly headed for a recession.

However, not every business has been negatively impacted by the global pandemic. Businesses in certain industries are actually thriving amidst the COVID-19-induced economic downturn. Changing lifestyle and business patterns occasioned by the restrictions on movement in various parts of the world means that people are now forced to spend much of their time indoors and engage in indoor and online activities, albeit temporarily. This has opened up a window of opportunity for online-oriented businesses.

Below are 5 peculiar industries that are currently witnessing uncommon growth in a recession-hit global economy.

1. Healthcare: It goes without saying that this is a boom period for businesses in the healthcare industry and its value chain. A lot of medical products and services are in high demand, such as surgical masks, hand sanitizers, disinfectants, vitamins and supplements, home healthcare and medical supplies, with many healthcare companies struggling to meet demands. Though saving lives is paramount in times like this, that has not stopped healthcare companies from smiling to the bank.

2. Social Media: Social media consumption has risen sharply across the world since the onset of the coronavirus crisis. According to a survey by the London-based market research firm, Kantar, in 30 economies between March 14 and 24, instant messaging giant, WhatsApp, has seen a 40% increase in usage due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Similarly, social networking platform Facebook has witnessed a 37% bump in usage since the crisis began.

Thanks to the ubiquity of the digital media, people are now discovering and leveraging novel ways of staying in touch with friends, family and colleagues; keeping abreast of happenings within their locality and around the world; and combating boredom amidst the lockdown.

3. Telecommuting: Organizations, including businesses, government agencies and religious bodies, have been forced to modify the way they operate in order to simultaneously keep their employees safe and ensure that their operations do not grind to a halt during the pandemic. More people than ever before are now working remotely. This phenomenon has elevated telecommuting platforms once considered luxuries to bare essentials of the work setting.

While stock markets have crashed and sent shares of travel and logistics companies like Uber and Lyft plummeting, the valuations of telecommuting companies like the video calling app Zoom have skyrocketed. The estimated net worth of Zoom's founder, Eric Yuan, has increased by more than $4 billion since the start of the coronavirus crisis.

4. Gaming: The entertainment industry generally is among the worst-hit industries in the coronavirus crisis. Movie studios have suspended production, sporting events have been cancelled, cinemas are shut, advert revenues for TV companies have dried up and streaming services like Netflix are struggling to churn out new content that will keep their subscribers engaged.

But the surge in demand for home entertainment has particularly benefited one niche business in the entertainment industry: online video gaming. US telco, Verizon, revealed in a recent report that video gaming traffic on its internet network during peak hours has spiked by as much as 75% since the shutdown in the United States began, and similar figures have been reported by other sources across other gaming hubs around the world.

5. E-learning: For many, this lockdown is an opportunity for self-improvement. And they have seized it to develop their knowledge and expand their skill set by taking online courses in software development, cooking, makeup, fashion design, foreign languages and entrepreneurship, among others. Parents have also enrolled their children in online academic programs while waiting for schools to resume.

All in all, apart from businesses in the healthcare industry (for obvious reasons), the biggest winners – for the lack of a more somber term – here are online-based and online-oriented businesses. A key takeaway for entrepreneurs during this economic gloom and doom should be the need to embrace the digital economy.

by Chinedu Nnawetanma
IG & Twitter: @Chinedugn

https://nairametrics.com/2020/04/04/five-industries-that-thrive-in-covid-19-downturn/

your list is not complete, add food/agriculture as number one.
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by bkool7(m): 4:37pm On Apr 06, 2020
The only biz I know of that's flourishing is foodstuff.
Prices of everything edible has more than double since last week.
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by bluefilm: 4:37pm On Apr 06, 2020
The zoom that I know of is the bet9ja zoom.

I have been playing bet9ja zoom like mad now since the lockdown fell upon us.

Before the lockdown, I hated bet9ja virtual like mad.

But now, I don't even think I can go back to normal betting again since I discovered bet9ja zoom!

Things have been booming and zooming for me ever since.

God bless bet9ja.
Re: 5 Businesses That Are Thriving During Covid-19 Pandemic - Nairametrics by Waterweb: 4:39pm On Apr 06, 2020
Yes oo
If you want to learn new skills like
UI/UX Design, Video Editing, Photoshop, Video Scribe and Digital Marketing.
Creative Dept Academy offers intensive training on any of the skills listed.

Benefits:
* Free Software
* Well explanatory HD videos
* 1 Month Mentorship
* Class Work and
* Answered question via Video
* Certificate after 1-month Mentorship

For more info call/WhatsApp 08145103505