Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,012 members, 7,810,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? (2457 Views)

This Madness On Marriage Has Got To Stop In The Church. / Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Best Offer For The Year 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 01, 2011
God's grace?

Allah's grace?

Or by your own actions. . . .?

Why did you get to see year 2011 and the other person didnt?
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Dulcet7(m): 4:07am On Jan 02, 2011
I saw 2011

because I was meant to.

So who decided I was meant to, ehn?

It was two people:

myself

and the one in charge of every affair on earth and outside earth.
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Dulcet7(m): 4:07am On Jan 02, 2011
how is my best friend on nairaland @ileke-idi?
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 02, 2011
Dulcet7:

how is my best friend on nairaland @ileke-idi?
lol she is blessed.

Dulcet7:

I saw 2011

because I was meant to.

So who decided I was meant to, ehn?

It was two people:

myself

and the one in charge of every affair on earth and outside earth.

And who do you believe that to be?
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:45pm On Jan 02, 2011
I am seeing the year 2011 because my time is not up yet. By whose power or grace, to me, is totally irrelevant. When my time is up, i will simply no longer be here, and that is the end of that.
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by thehomer: 2:22pm On Jan 02, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

God's grace?

Allah's grace?

Why did Charles Taylor, Theoneste Bagosora, Augustin Bizimungu, Jean Kambanda, Pope Benedict, Chris Oyakhilome, T. B. Joshua, David Oyedepo etc see the year 2011?
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Dulcet7(m): 7:00pm On Jan 02, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

lol she is blessed.
kiss

Ileke-IdI:

And who do you believe that to be?
God. But it's probably not the God you know. Maybe I will open a thread on that sometime soon.
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 02, 2011
Dulcet7:

kiss
God. But it's probably not the God you know. Maybe I will open a thread on that sometime soon.

Do that, I'd love to read about Your God, your perspective about him  and how you came about it smiley
Invite me to read.

thehomer:

Why did Charles Taylor, Theoneste Bagosora, Augustin Bizimungu, Jean Kambanda, Pope Benedict, Chris Oyakhilome, T. B. Joshua, David Oyedepo etc see the year 2011?
Unfortunately, this did not answer the question. Please give it another try.
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Dulcet7(m): 9:02pm On Jan 02, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Do that, I'd love to read about Your God, your perspective about him  and how you came about it smiley
Invite me to read.

This is the original God that everyone knows in their hearts but atheists deny. God is the one who is evident in nature if we choose not to deceive ourselves.

I see religion as man's endeavour to (re)unite with purpose.

Religion. Think of a man who dives into a body of water. Science says the water he displaces will have equal volume to his own volume / capacity, but we know the splash he makes will never be the same each time. Different splashes per person (and per dive too), and you cant predict how the shape of the splash will look.

You can teach people how to dive into the water and create a splash i.e. the method but you can't teach someone the sensation experienced while cutting the water. You should not start creating learning centers explaining how to control the shapes of the splash you will create when you dive.

Each religion is a different splash patterned after a previous diver, and everybody believes there is a right way to do it. However that's not what is important. What is important is the fact that you purposefully dived in and displaced water approximately equal to your own volume / inherent capacity.

That is how religion is, and what obtains today. We spend so much time on the irrelevancies and studying the patterns of other people's splashes, taking time out daily and weekly to teach about how to dive and how to create so-so-and-so shape of a splash when you dive, when all that rather matters in your purpose is that you dive with all your heart and displace some water to the best of your ability.

Eternal Teaching on Your Role in Religion, and on Judgment and Fulfilment of purpose:
Do the best to your capacity with what God put inside you

Matthew 25:14-30
"His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest. "'So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Don't be a fanatic, and be too shy or refuse to dive.

Abandon all religions and rather focus on the true God and the revealed Truth of all Ages.

Talk later, my friend.
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by thehomer: 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

. . .

Unfortunately, this did not answer the question. Please give it another try.

No it didn't but I'm guessing that it is the same answer for them all whatever it turns out to be.
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 03, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

God's grace?

Allah's grace?

God's grace
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Nobody: 5:49am On Jan 05, 2011
Dulcet7:

This is the original God that everyone knows in their hearts but atheists deny. God is the one who is evident in nature if we choose not to deceive ourselves.

I see religion as man's endeavour to (re)unite with purpose.

Religion. Think of a man who dives into a body of water. Science says the water he displaces will have equal volume to his own volume / capacity, but we know the splash he makes will never be the same each time. Different splashes per person (and per dive too), and you cant predict how the shape of the splash will look.

You can teach people how to dive into the water and create a splash i.e. the method but you can't teach someone the sensation experienced while cutting the water. You should not start creating learning centers explaining how to control the shapes of the splash you will create when you dive.

Each religion is a different splash patterned after a previous diver, and everybody believes there is a right way to do it. However that's not what is important. What is important is the fact that you purposefully dived in and displaced water approximately equal to your own volume / inherent capacity.

That is how religion is, and what obtains today. We spend so much time on the irrelevancies and studying the patterns of other people's splashes, taking time out daily and weekly to teach about how to dive and how to create so-so-and-so shape of a splash when you dive, when all that rather matters in your purpose is that you dive with all your heart and displace some water to the best of your ability.

Eternal Teaching on Your Role in Religion, and on Judgment and Fulfilment of purpose:
Do the best to your capacity with what God put inside you

Matthew 25:14-30
"His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest. "'So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Don't be a fanatic, and be too shy or refuse to dive.

Abandon all religions and rather focus on the true God and the revealed Truth of all Ages.

Talk later, my friend.

OASN, you dont know how I seriously appreicate this thoughtful post.

Thanks for the metaphorical explanation. You're absolutely right, each religion is a different splash pattern, but how exactly do we then know which religion is correct? How do we know we're worshiping the right God? And are you saying atheism is not a religion in it's own right?

thehomer:

No it didn't but I'm guessing that it is the same answer for them all whatever it turns out to be.

But I'm asking for YOUR answer? undecided
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2011
You still haven't got it, have you? If so, you would not be asking those questions. Forget about which religion is right and which god is wrong. Focus on your own dive, for that should be the only important thing to you. That is what i think he is trying to tell you. Focus on your own self improvement efforts and leave others to focus on theirs.
Ileke-IdI:
but how exactly do we then know which religion is correct? How do we know we're worshiping the right God? And are you saying atheism is not a religion in it's own right?
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Dulcet7(m): 12:08am On Jan 06, 2011
smiley Jenwitemi, thanks for the explanations

Ileke-IdI:

OASN, you dont know how I seriously appreicate this thoughtful post.

Thanks for the metaphorical explanation. You're absolutely right, each religion is a different splash pattern, but how exactly do we then know which religion is correct? How do we know we're worshiping the right God? And are you saying atheism is not a religion in it's own right?
I'm happy the post was useful, my friend.

What is OASN?

Q: How exactly do we then know which religion is correct?
No religion is correct. The only thing that is correct is the heart of a human being.

Q: How do we know we're worshiping the right God?
There is only one right God. I think your question is: How do we know our hearts are right with this creator God? And that again is an individual answer. I think deep down inside, our conscience asides religion does a good job like a traffic light, indicating if God is pleased or displeased. However, just like people see traffic lights and they jump it anyway and might cause accidents, people can ignore their conscience and seem to get away with it. But the one who jumped a traffic light knows that he jumped it.

Q: And are you saying atheism is not a religion in it's own right?
I dont think Atheism is a religion because it denies the existence of that God. I do not know any atheist who has clearly told me that in his/her heart, his conscience tells him that God doesn't exist. Most often, it's somewhere between the brain (logically trying to analyze God and when you can't, he definitely doesnt exist. etc) and the emotions (if God exists, why did he allow this to happen? Why doesnt he do this? What if he does that? Why does so and so religion say so and so about him if he exists? etc). But maybe i'm wrong and there are atheists who dont hear God in their conscience. In that case, it's between them and God. With God, it's every life for itself! Otherwise I think it will be unfair.

Please let me know if it's clear smiley
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Nobody: 3:01am On Jan 06, 2011
Yea, it helped a lot . lol thanks.

So its the heart of human beings. . . . hmmm.

OASN ==> On a serious note
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Dulcet7(m): 8:23am On Jan 06, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Yea, it helped a lot . lol thanks.

So its the heart of human beings. . . . hmmm.

OASN ==> On a serious note

You are very welcome.
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by 5solas(m): 9:19am On Jan 06, 2011
Quote from : Ileke-IdI on January 01, 2011, 10:19 PM
God's grace?
Allah's grace?

I saw 2011 by God's grace and that alone.
My 'freewill' has always been lame and could have done nothing in the face of so many accidents last year , particularly in december.
Like John Newton (Amazing Grace), I sing, ''Tis grace hath bro't me safe thus far, And grace will lead me home'.
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Image123(m): 10:35am On Jan 06, 2011
Actually the heart of man is very deceitful and not to be trusted. It's not constant and is subject to a lot of influence, wear, tear and break.
5Solas
You don come again o, happy new year sha. But don't try sleeping across the third mainland bridge lagos sha, that grace will deny you sharp sharp.lol. We're not God's zombies but partners together with Him.
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Dulcet7(m): 2:04pm On Jan 06, 2011
^^^

I see.
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by 5solas(m): 3:22pm On Jan 06, 2011
Image123:

5Solas
You don come again o, happy new year sha. But don't try sleeping across the third mainland bridge lagos sha, that grace will deny you sharp sharp.lol. We're not God's zombies but partners together with Him.

Happy New Year, Image.
The gospel is of His Grace, not of the works of man. Let's keep preaching that. How else can one answer the fourth part of the OP's post?

Ileke-IdI:

God's grace?

Allah's grace?

And did you notice Toba's submission?
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Image123(m): 7:15pm On Jan 06, 2011
5solas:

Happy New Year, Image.
The gospel is of His Grace, not of the works of man. Let's keep preaching that. How else can one answer the fourth part of the OP's post?

And did you notice Toba's submission?
Uncle mi, the question is on the lines 'why did you see the new year?' answer is most definitely by God's grace. But we must not forget those who are able to frustrate that grace and go 'before their time', contrary to God's plans.
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Dulcet7(m): 8:17pm On Jan 06, 2011
I believe God's grace is available to everyone on earth but they must consciously desire it, align with it, and partake of it.

It is like a buffet party: all you can eat. But an anorexic present at the party can still go hungry.

God's grace wont force itself on you no matter who you are. You need to recognize it and get filled like its a buffet.

This is why my answer remains: agreement/concordance between you and God. A demand and supply: economics of grace.
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Dulcet7(m): 8:25pm On Jan 06, 2011
Image123 what I was trying to say is that it is only the heart of a human that can be correct, and not that the human heart is generally true and right.

Religion is a mask, a cloak around the human heart. So a mask is never right or wrong but when a man wears a mask to rob a bank, its a crime. Another wears same mask to play with his kids, its love.

I see you are a Christian so I will quote the Bible. You can read 1 Sam 16:7.
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Sweetnecta: 8:44pm On Jan 06, 2011
@The Poser; It is by the Grace of God we see every moment. And every moment is a New Year, a private celebration, thanking God therefore for preserving our lives. Some will see the day time but will expire before it is night time, or during the night.

Others will see the night and will expire before the day breaks, or still during that day without the darkness of night reaching them alive, again.

We should live our lives as if we shall never die, hence not be bugged down with the inevitable; death that knocks at our doors at least many times a day.

We should live our lives as if we shall not see the next moment, hence minding our deeds, becoming God Conscious and believing in Him in the way He has ordered.

There is no god save Almighty Creator God Lord Who is One, without partner in His Authority.
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by 5solas(m): 9:01pm On Jan 06, 2011
Image123:

Uncle mi, the question is on the lines 'why did you see the new year?' answer is most definitely by God's grace. But we must not forget those who are able to frustrate that grace and go 'before their time', contrary to God's plans.

Are we to assume therefore that the believer who died last year in an accident (if they were any), frustrated God's grace?
Were they worse sinners than us who are alive?
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Image123(m): 10:51pm On Jan 06, 2011
The believer who died last year in an accident may have frustrated the grace of God if it wasn't God's plan for him to die last year. He may have been warned, he may have been careless. God forgives sin, not too sure if He forgives carelessness same way.
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Jenwitemi(m): 10:57pm On Jan 06, 2011
Image123:

The believer who died last year in an accident may have frustrated the grace of God if it wasn't God's plan for him to die last year. He may have been warned, he may have been careless. God forgives sin, not too sure if He forgives carelessness same way.
Or his time may just have expired. His time was up, just like any other dead person. I can assure you that "believers" drop dead all the time, just like every other dead "unbelievers".
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by 5solas(m): 11:28pm On Jan 06, 2011
Image123:

To tell you the truth, no one dies before their times. There is a set time for everyone.

Well, this is a hard saying !
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by 5solas(m): 11:53pm On Jan 06, 2011
Jenwitemi:

Or his time may just have expired. His time was up, just like any other dead person. I can assure you that "believers" drop dead all the time, just like every other dead "unbelievers".

Well, not exactly as you put it. Precious (important and no light matter) in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints (His loving ones)Ps116:15.
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:46am On Jan 07, 2011
Okay, then. If that makes you feel good and cosy. We all die sha, whether "believer" or "unbeliever". All i know be say Mr. Death no dey discriminate when the time comes.
5solas:

Well, not exactly as you put it. Precious (important and no light matter) in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints (His loving ones)Ps116:15.
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by 5solas(m): 12:58am On Jan 07, 2011
Jenwitemi:

Okay, then. If that makes you feel good and cosy. We all die sha, whether "believer" or "unbeliever". All i know be say Mr. Death no dey discriminate when the time comes.

Well put. We should all make sure we've made our peace with God.
Re: Why Do You Think You Got To See Year 2011? By Whose Grace? by Sweetnecta: 1:08am On Jan 07, 2011
@The Poser: The God is Allah.

Allah is The God.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ Is May 21, 2011? / Jesus Was Having Sëx With Mary Magdalene. - Mallam El-rufai - OPEN / Ww3 Is Inevitable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.