Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown (78900 Views)

BREAKING: Heavy Traffic As Damaged Plane Blocks Agege Motor ROAD (pic) / Heavy Traffic In Port-Harcourt As Residents Scramble To Beat Curfew (Video) / My Heavy Traffic Experience In Onitsha Today (Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by nijabazaar: 10:52am On Apr 07, 2020
MYHUBBY:

at the bolded I want it. your antidote is huge at my disposal

I'm not insulting you, I'm only wishing you and your family what you're wishing Nigerians. the suffer average Nigerians suffer no do? you still dey wish them bad

brain dey your big head so?

Game on. This affords a window to be as foul as ever.

If you cant take an opinion on a public forum and believe that by heaping insults youd massage your puerile ego. Then I suggest you dig up a hole at your backyard . A small one and phuck it. It hurts but it is also a massage.
Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by chaloskyx: 10:53am On Apr 07, 2020
who cares we all knew this country was heading for doom anyways with or without corona virus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by Adebowale19: 10:54am On Apr 07, 2020
PureGoldh:
If dz is true...then permit me to say that dx country gat no better plan for her citizens..

You can't lock an individual up without making available means of survival for him or her and you expect the person not to shout-out.

Hunger no dey look face when it wants to strike
I rather die by virus than hunger...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by executive12: 10:59am On Apr 07, 2020
Flyingngel:
I know Nigerians will not obey this lockdown for full two weeks because of poverty.
All the politicians that have brought up this lockdown have stored their houses with foods and drinks that can last for 4 to 5 months leaving the poor class to suffer.
We have in this country 10percent upperclass,30percent middle-class and 60 percent very lower class. Now tell me how the very lower class will suvive after 5 days of lockdown.

In this particular case, I think it is more about indiscipline than poverty. This is the Lekki area, not Ajegunle or Mushin.
Moreover, not many poor people will be driving around in their cars.
Government needs to make an example of some these irresponsible upper middle class folks by sending them to the quarantine centers for a day and having them bail themselves out with hefty fines which should then be used to provide palliatives for the poor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by Starz825(m): 11:01am On Apr 07, 2020
cRobo:
something must push a man out of the house

I am so "HORNGRY"

Cant wait for this lock down to be over

I won't say a word

Dis ur English word mean two things...Hot and hungry grin
Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by kemi52975: 11:02am On Apr 07, 2020
Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by UZDNews: 11:02am On Apr 07, 2020
CHESTER48:
Wow
Checkout this video, they need your support.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzXmPFHYDkM

Which editor are you using? Love the effects.
Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by MYHUBBY: 11:04am On Apr 07, 2020
nijabazaar:

Game on. This affords a window to be as foul as ever.

If you cant take an opinion on a public forum and believe that by heaping insults youd massage your puerile ego. Then I suggest you dig up a hole at your backyard . A small one and phuck it. It hurts but it is also a massage.

what's this local fowl ranting about. you must be living in 12th century to be calling wishes, insult

you don't want what you're wishing to your fellow human being that's how dumb you can be.

you're making mockery of Italians situation and still wishing Nigerians their situation, I just wish you what you wish them and you're here crying like town crier
Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by solofresh(m): 11:04am On Apr 07, 2020
Is this what they call lockdown?
Why are they allowing some to go to work,walk and drive around the street while they hinder some people who live on daily payment from working and tell them to stay at home?
Honestly, this is cheating
Make dem kuku open all the super market wey dem close nah abi what is the essence of the lockdowon when some people are still moving up and down
Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by Proton99: 11:06am On Apr 07, 2020
Karemarealty288:
When they have been brainwashed that 5G is their problem and not Corona.
if only you know about it you won't type this
Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by nijabazaar: 11:06am On Apr 07, 2020
MYHUBBY:

what's this local fowl ranting about. you must be living in 12th century to be calling wishes, insult

you don't want what you're wishing to your fellow human being that's how dumb you can be.

you're making mockery of Italians situation and still wishing Nigerians their situation, I just wish you what you wish them and you're here crying like town crier

We are both local fowls. Aren't we?

I recommend you stick to the aforementioned advice about digging that hole.
Times of crisis requires immediate stress release.
Do it and give me feedback
Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by luluosas(m): 11:07am On Apr 07, 2020
May God help us stop this pandemic in Nigeria. I am afraid because we don't have the capacity to combat it when it becomes a challenge. This nonchalant attitude of Nigerians is pure foolishness. Sigh
Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by Reference(m): 11:09am On Apr 07, 2020
So. Can you see why I said Nigeria cannot be locked down. When we talk about capacity to do things this is the clear indicator. Same thing in Abuja. The outskirts are not locked down. Why.

Because Nigeria(ns) donot have the financial, intellectual and moral capacity to organize themselves around values and set objectives including in this case self quarantine regimes.

This is what a cerebral goverment knows and rather than allow things to spiral out of control should have shut the international borders or quarantined those coming in from all countries compulsorily.

Is it not easier to quarantine those who understand it, those who have a bigger stake in obeying it and those who can afford it. Looking back was it not easier to quarantine 5,000 returnees than lockdown 200 million people. Would it not have been cheaper for goverment to feed 5,000 for two weeks than palliate its so called 11 million vulnerable.

This is what is called strategic thinking which this goverment lacks. Now that Nigerians wont be locked down, the virus CANNOT be contained and either the goverment continues its half measures in perpetuity or gives in and ignores the death toll.

Unfortunately if it does the latter Nigeria will become an international pariah with grave consequences especially when other nations recover and we are left as the black sheep. Visas, invesrment, tourism, sports.... we will be banned from EVERYTHING if we cannot halt the virus and we cannot halt the virus if we cannot lock down.

So you can see why we were shouting as far back as Febuary. Lock, Lock, Lock the GATE of Nigeria so that we donot have to lock the ROOMS....

My security men lock my gates permanently at 11pm every night. But how can I emotionally stand locking my room because of the fear of covid against my household and loved ones. So I make sure covid doesn't enter my gate. Common sense.

3 Likes

Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by jaxxy(m): 11:09am On Apr 07, 2020
PureGoldh:
If dz is true...then permit me to say that dx country gat no better plan for her citizens..

You can't lock an individual up without making available means of survival for him or her and you expect the person not to shout-out.

Just ask each car owner where they are going u will hear stupid reasons. 70/80% are not out because of how to survive the lockdown, they want to flex!!! Or Bored.. Nigerian are just indisciplined.

We don't have sense... just like our leaders.
Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by MYHUBBY: 11:13am On Apr 07, 2020
[s]
nijabazaar:

We are both local fowls. Aren't we?

I recommend you stick to the aforementioned advice about digging that hole.
Times of crisis requires immediate stress release.
Do it and give me feedback
[/s]

are the areas Americans were affected not staying at home or following the directive of their govt

science had failed, God is the only hope to end this virus. stop wishing Nigerians bad. you're free to air your advise, you and your fellow bad wishers should stop it already

1 Like

Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by jaxxy(m): 11:21am On Apr 07, 2020
From the explanation all of them went to do shopping? At same time and day? I think police check points shud be position strategically to send sm people back home.

U will have to also show proof of where u live or are coming from and answer neccesssrily questions. Get tags maybe.
Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 07, 2020
seguno2:

And you think that poverty is afflicting the Lekki people who put many cars on the road
How did you reason that please?

Come to ibeju-lekki axis and judge for yourself.
Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by Flyingngel(m): 11:28am On Apr 07, 2020
executive12 post:

In this particular case, I think it is more about indiscipline than poverty. This is the Lekki area, not Ajegunle or Mushin.
Moreover, not many poor people will be driving around in their cars.
Government needs to make an example of some these irresponsible upper middle class folks by sending them to the quarantine centers for a day and having them bail themselves out with hefty fines which should then be used to provide palliatives for the poor.

I agree with you .
Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by TemmyT002(m): 11:31am On Apr 07, 2020
Lmao
Come and see Ado Ekiti own

1 Like

Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by Reference(m): 11:44am On Apr 07, 2020
Nigerians should know this. No sensible country has lifted restrictions when infection rates are on the rise. The moment we attempt to do so the international community will come down on us and will shut us out.

Presently we are not testing enough to know how much damage this virus is doing to our health as a nation. So in order to square the economy with the circle of corona at some point we may have to start hiding new infections and faking records like China to appear to be winning.

I have been around a number of primary healhcare institutions and spoken with a number of doctors and the overwhelming fact is that the virus has not reached the grassroots. They are not seeing cases relating with the symptoms in their consultancies yet.

So I advice goverment to take this fight underground and restrategise around public health, public awareness and public safety just like Austria is doing and just like the UK plans to do. This lockdown is not working. We must learn to work our way around this virus and plan to live with it.

But to cripple the 'country' in an imperfect way while waiting for cases to regress to zero in my opinion is not possible in Nigeria and not realistic with an influenza virus. The thing just doesn't die off.

Viruses are not killed, they are only subdued. Measles, HIV, ebola, zika, chicken and small pox, are all still out there. Worse viruses than the corona family of viruses. People just have to find ways to live with them, manage them.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by tunapawizzy: 11:46am On Apr 07, 2020
Copy copy go kill our leaders, Oyinbo wey dey do lockdown , they have effective ways of giving palliative measures. we have to use other creative ways to ensure people are distancing themselves from one another. the 10am-2pm market window is even a more stupid idea. Everybody go come rush go the same market during that limited period, how will social distancing not become social bonding.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by West2019(m): 11:50am On Apr 07, 2020
that is what is happening in American now
Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by jonneljonn(m): 12:05pm On Apr 07, 2020
IT IS WELL WITH NIGERIA AND RIVERS STATE,THIS VIRUS HAS REALY PROVED THAT WE LACK GOOD LEADERS IN NIGERIA ,NIGERIAN LEADERS DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE ORDINARY NIGERIA,IMAGINE AT A TIME LIKE THAT ,THE GOVERNMENT IS SUPPOSED TO USE THE COMMON RESOURCES THAT IS OWNED BY NIGERIANS TO HELP NIGERIANS,AT THIS TIME WHEN EVRYBODY IS AT HOME ,NO MONEY ,NO FOOD ,GOVERNMENT CANNOT USE OR RESOURCES TO HELP US ,ALL TEH LEADERS LIVE ON TASK PAYERS MONEY,THE HOUSE FOOD FUEL CARS ,CLOTH THEY ARE ENJOYING COMES FROM THE COMMON RESOURCES AND TAX PAYERS MONEY,YET THEY TALK OF INFRASTRUCTURE THAT DOES NOT AFFECT THE COMMON NIGERIAN DIRECTLY,THEY ARE INTERESTED IN INFRASTRUCTURE BECAUSE THAT IS WHERE THEY HAVE THE OPPOTUNITY TO STEAL MONEY,IT IS SAD THAT AT THIS TIME GOVERNMENT IS TALKING ABOUT SHARING MONEY TO THE MOST VUNERABLE NIGERIANS,IF I MAY ASK WHO IS THE MOST VUNERABLE NIGERIAN........PRIVATE INDIVIADULAS DONATE MONEY TO GOVT, HOW MUCH HAS GOVT GIVEN TO THE COMMON AND ORDINARY NIGERIAN TO EASE THIS EFFECT OF THE LOCKDOWN AS IT IS DONE IN OTHER CLIMATES,,,,IMAGINE THE MINISTER SHARING CASH TO SOME NIGERIANS IN THE NAME OF MOST VUNERABLE WHEN GOVT IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE DATA OFF ALL NIGERIANS AND PAY THE MONEY DIRECTLY TO THEIR PRIVATE ACCOUNTS,WE DONTHAVE HOSPITALS,NO GOOD SCHOOL,NOLIGHT ,NO ROAD ,NOTHING,THE NATIONALASSEMBLEY IS JUST THERE SPENDING MONEY FOR NOTHING ,MAKING LAWS THAT FAVOURS ONLY THEIR MASTERS,JUDICIALY IS ZERO,EXCUTIVE IS ZERO ,STATE GOVT ,LOCAL GOVT IS ZERO,THE WHOLE SYSTEM HAS BROKEN DOWN COMPLETELY,EVERYBODY IN GOVT IS LOOKING FOR WHAT TO STEAL FOR THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILY,,ITS HIGH TIME GOVT THINKS MORE ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAN ABOUT THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES,,,,

1 Like

Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by wasi9ice: 12:07pm On Apr 07, 2020
Staying at home is indeed a good option, infact, it's the best,, but you can't ask a hungry man to stay at home without any good arrangement for daily supplies of food ,it can't work.

If the government had heed people's advice by sending everyone money through the bank all these wouldn't had showed up

1 Like

Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by hush15: 12:09pm On Apr 07, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://punchng.com/heavy-traffic-in-lekki-as-lagos-residents-flout-lockdown/

And they blaming funke akindele who only had residents of her estate in attendance
Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by gudnex22(m): 12:10pm On Apr 07, 2020
nijabazaar:

Pluck out your eyes then

Wait till you see your jamb scores boy
Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 07, 2020
gloriaunobi:
Anarchy Loading

Lagos getting prepared to take over from new york.

1 Like

Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by 2016v2017: 12:33pm On Apr 07, 2020
PureGoldh:

Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by Edusouls(m): 12:53pm On Apr 07, 2020
God too like Nigerians
Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 07, 2020
UZDNews:

Which editor are you using? Love the effects.
I did the work on blender and after effects

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzXmPFHYDkM
Re: Heavy Traffic In Lekki As Lagos Residents Flout Lockdown by AsawanaDgreat: 1:54pm On Apr 07, 2020
Hunga dey 4 real

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebonyi: "This Is My Soon To Become Airport" - Umahi / Professor Pius Adesanmi Dies In Ethiopia Airlines Plane Crash - John O. Oba / Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.