Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Covid-19 Lockdown:police Extortion On Ibadan_ Ijebu Ode Road - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Covid-19 Lockdown:police Extortion On Ibadan_ Ijebu Ode Road (769 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Three Women On Ibadan/Ijebu Ode Road (Pictures) / Nairalander Gets Refunded And Compensated After Police Extortion / Illegal Police Extortion And Harassment : A Nairalander's Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19 Lockdown:police Extortion On Ibadan_ Ijebu Ode Road by tee4naija(m): 2:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
Hi Nairalanders. Please help expose this police officer extorting motorists along Ijebu Ode Ibadan road. Ogun state government relaxed its lockdown on Tuesday 7th of April, 2020 from 7am to 2pm to allow people stock up food items and other essentials. I took advantage of this to take my brothers who had been caught up by the lockdown in Ogun state back to Ibadan where they came from. This is because I know there is no lockdown in Oyo state, what they have is 7pm to 7am curfew plus restriction of interstate movements. The police now taking advantage of the restriction of interstate movements to extort motorists.
These guys belong to the highway patrol team along Ijebu Ode-Ibadan road. They stopped my car and threatened to take my car to an unknown station. Knowing what the police is capable of doing, I started pleading with them and after about an hour they said I should pay 50k for them to release my vehicle. We started negotiations and at last we settled for 5k. I then told them I had no cash on me and they immediately gave me an account number to transfer the money to.

I played along and did the transfer. Unfortunately for them the sms alert came with the officers full names. I used the name to search for the idiot on Facebook and pronto, I have his full profile.

I have attached his picture and sms alert for people to know. Every bloggers in the house ,help publish the story on your blog sites. The money is small but it is still extortion.

His name is Rasheed Isakeye.

Thanks.

Re: Covid-19 Lockdown:police Extortion On Ibadan_ Ijebu Ode Road by meetme01: 3:21pm On Apr 07, 2020
Op, I don't support the officer's attitude and having been once a victim of extortion, I understand your feelings and anger. However, I would want you to temper justice with mercy. It's either the officer looses his job or get corporal punishment. I want you to understand that those officers on the road have not been paid any dime.,to eat is an herculean task for them. They also have families and kids to take of care.

Seriously, everyone is fed up with this country and we are all finding means to survive. He was at fault but he's just human trying to survive. It was when I took my extortion issue up sometimes last year that most these policemen are not heartless, they are frustrated and depressed. They are just keeping body and soul together. I heard lots and I had to drop my case and let go.

Please, forgive him. Call him with another line, tell him or text all you have discovered about him and steps you have taking. Give him some hrs to refund else you will go ahead with posting all you have on the internet and tag the IG, etc.

Give him a chance to retrace his steps. Please

Nigeria politicians are our problem.

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19 Lockdown:police Extortion On Ibadan_ Ijebu Ode Road by HarunaWest(m): 3:33pm On Apr 07, 2020
meetme01:
Op, I don't support the officer's attitude and having been once a victim of extortion, I understand your feelings and anger. However, I would want you to temper justice with mercy. It's either the officer looses his job or get corporal punishment. I want you to understand that those officers on the road have not been paid any dime.,to eat is an herculean task for them. They also have families and kids to take of care.

Seriously, everyone is fed up with this country and we are all finding means to survive. He was at fault but he's just human trying to survive. It was when I took my extortion issue up sometimes last year that most these policemen are not heartless, they are frustrated and depressed. They are just keeping body and soul together. I heard lots and I had to drop my case and let go.

Please, forgive him. Call him with another line, tell him or text all you have discovered about him and steps you have taking. Give him some hrs to refund else you will go ahead with posting all you have on the internet and tag the IG, etc.

Na una type dey Pamper corruption. Morafvcker...World over who told you anyone is contented with their job?.
We all strive , endure and manage.. We try not to leave above our means and we have initiate a scale of preference.
Which nonsense are spitting mehn..So I toil day and night to earn a living and one entity cos he is a law enforcement officer deems it his right to extort me when I am innocent.. We will go station and they will know how far. It's only when are not in your right you can be oppresses..So stop Fanning corruption, let the bagger be sacked for all I care, others will be recruited after Covic 1-9...Shalom

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Covid-19 Lockdown:police Extortion On Ibadan_ Ijebu Ode Road by ceejay80s(m): 6:21pm On Apr 07, 2020
meetme01:

What are u saying, when lockdown no dey , dem still dey collect money , or maybe u too be police, u are telling him to allow the dirty cop to walk free?

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Lockdown:police Extortion On Ibadan_ Ijebu Ode Road by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
A
Re: Covid-19 Lockdown:police Extortion On Ibadan_ Ijebu Ode Road by holsconcept(m): 8:39pm On Apr 07, 2020
See support. This is a definition of suffering and smiling.
Re: Covid-19 Lockdown:police Extortion On Ibadan_ Ijebu Ode Road by Beblessedbaba: 11:54am On Jul 05, 2020
Oga. WHAT IS MERCY WITH JUSTICE ?
A fraud is a fraud.

A thief is a thief..

An extortionate giving the force a bad reputation was caught. You are saying temp justice with mercy.

Wait Are you a scammer or a fraudster or an enemy of progress or one of the devil's advocate deployed to destroy Nigeria ?

OP.. pls move this to twitter. Tag Npf and their social media handle responsible for this with @segalink too.

Also tag the handle of Npf Npf Lagos. Ogun and Ibadan.

I suggest you tag the Aig tweeter handle covering zone 2.

That policeman should be coing his heels by by next month in the cell and by next month he should be without a job.

Am available for help.

quote author=meetme01 post=88191984]Op, I don't support the officer's attitude and having been once a victim of extortion, I understand your feelings and anger. However, I would want you to temper justice with mercy. It's either the officer looses his job or get corporal punishment. I want you to understand that those officers on the road have not been paid any dime.,to eat is an herculean task for them. They also have families and kids to take of care.

Nigeria politicians are our problem. [/quote]
Re: Covid-19 Lockdown:police Extortion On Ibadan_ Ijebu Ode Road by Beblessedbaba: 4:48pm On Jul 05, 2020
Re: Covid-19 Lockdown:police Extortion On Ibadan_ Ijebu Ode Road by stacyadams: 5:45pm On Jul 05, 2020
tee4naija:
Hi Nairalanders. Please help expose this police officer extorting motorists along Ijebu Ode Ibadan road. Ogun state government relaxed its lockdown on Tuesday 7th of April, 2020 from 7am to 2pm to allow people stock up food items and other essentials. I took advantage of this to take my brothers who had been caught up by the lockdown in Ogun state back to Ibadan where they came from. This is because I know there is no lockdown in Oyo state, what they have is 7pm to 7am curfew plus restriction of interstate movements. The police now taking advantage of the restriction of interstate movements to extort motorists.
These guys belong to the highway patrol team along Ijebu Ode-Ibadan road. They stopped my car and threatened to take my car to an unknown station. Knowing what the police is capable of doing, I started pleading with them and after about an hour they said I should pay 50k for them to release my vehicle. We started negotiations and at last we settled for 5k. I then told them I had no cash on me and they immediately gave me an account number to transfer the money to.

I played along and did the transfer. Unfortunately for them the sms alert came with the officers full names. I used the name to search for the idiot on Facebook and pronto, I have his full profile.

I have attached his picture and sms alert for people to know. Every bloggers in the house ,help publish the story on your blog sites. The money is small but it is still extortion.

His name is Rasheed Isakeye.

Thanks.

As u carry type am for here,,carry am go for twitter wit d pinture
Re: Covid-19 Lockdown:police Extortion On Ibadan_ Ijebu Ode Road by XXLMANDIGO: 6:16pm On Jul 05, 2020
oo

(1) (Reply)

Troops Of OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE Kills 20 Boko Haram Members (photos) / Armed Robber Steals Car But Was Unable To Drive Because It Was A Manual Drive / Rippers Everywhere!! How I Was Scammed By MALEY TV ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.