Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths (79051 Views)

COVID-19: 184 New Cases Reported, 6 Deaths And 111 Discharged On May 13 / COVID-19: 146 New Cases Reported, 6 Deaths And 57 Discharged On May 12 / 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Happyfela(m): 10:17pm On Apr 07, 2020
God help us in Lagos, we don't want no new York situation here o.
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by ikay00406(m): 10:17pm On Apr 07, 2020
Corona virus in delta state..how? I thought the state borders were locked.. Plus the movement restrictions Okowa enforced in the state..Hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by kemi29707: 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
of4q2pf949
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
ur opinion is nonsense . . . everything is politics for una
Mizwisdom:
I'm beginning to feel that this Corona virus issue is being politicized. If a man is suffering from hypertension and hepatitis, and dies from one or both causes and you claim he died from corona then you're not being truthful even if he tests positive because any one of those illnesses can kill at any time. But NCDC quickly added his case to the number of deaths. Something isn't right about this(my opinion).

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
BENARI:
The likes of America, Italy, Spain, Germany, and UK will most likely end up deploying to Africa to help us manage the virus when they are done containing theirs.

Mark my words
God forbid! It'll never be our portion.
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by brodalikeme(m): 10:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
Mizwisdom:
I'm beginning to feel that this Corona virus issue is being politicized. If a man is suffering from hypertension and hepatitis, and dies from one or both causes and you claim he died from corona then you're not being truthful even if he tests positive because any one of those illnesses can kill at any time. But NCDC quickly added his case to the number of deaths. Something isn't right about this(my opinion).

Careful Oo, make sense no come kill you cheesy

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Josephobaz1985: 10:19pm On Apr 07, 2020
BENARI:
The likes of America, Italy, Spain, Germany, and UK will most likely end up deploying to Africa to help us manage the virus when they are done containing theirs.

Mark my words
you should go and read history of influenza virus. They will die in their millions while Africa will lhave few dearhs
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 07, 2020
Lord please put an end to this sitting at home won't solve any problem at all
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by ogatompolo: 10:21pm On Apr 07, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusPro:
5G is really killing people.

grin grin grin

[/s]
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Josephobaz1985: 10:22pm On Apr 07, 2020
brodalikeme:

Careful Oo, make sense no come kill you cheesy
the guy is correct

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Bimpe29: 10:22pm On Apr 07, 2020
This coronavirus is worsening really.
Please let us stay and keep safe.
Some folks are reported to took over Gbagada and Ikorodu recently, they should stop forthwith as it's not visible or written on those who are infected.
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Austineva(m): 10:23pm On Apr 07, 2020
Delta? Terrible! My Darling state. Nawao!
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by viccipedia: 10:23pm On Apr 07, 2020
The problem with Nigerians is that majority are illiterates. Wherever you find a gathering of Nigerians, majority have sharp traits of illiteracy in them. Either mentally, educationally or socially. This is why people see reality and call it negative energy. If corona virus is in Nigeria, then it’s worse than we think. Believe the government at your own peril. There is always a subtle news of release to appease you before they update on the bad news. These same people that publicly declared boko haram exterminated are the people you think would willingly give you correct figures of active cases and discharged patients. If boko haram has been politicised for selfish reasons, then you think these guys are smart enough to understand the monster we’re dealing with here and not see it as a looting opportunity?
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Emmasnoop(m): 10:23pm On Apr 07, 2020
Warri Don Cash fire as from tomorrow, performance go start they nor dey tell person.
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Davedblues(m): 10:23pm On Apr 07, 2020
Police dey collect 3k in Delta borders letting others in wat do u expect!!

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by TheBoy1740: 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Ppl that have underlying disease and ppl with low immunity like the old are people that can easily die from complications of covid-19. It is not out of place to add his case
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Davedblues(m): 10:26pm On Apr 07, 2020
ikay00406:
Corona virus in delta state..how? I thought the state borders were locked.. Plus the movement restrictions Okowa enforced in the state..Hmmm lipsrsealed
blame una useless police wey dey collect 3k allowing PPL into d state
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by demborise: 10:26pm On Apr 07, 2020
Any kind of vpn like pia, nord, hma, sock911 and rdp available
Pof, match ourtime Mate1 etc available at cheap
Whats/App : +1 567 342 1167
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Davedblues(m): 10:26pm On Apr 07, 2020
ikay00406:
blame una useless police wey dey collect 3k allowing PPL into d state Tru borders

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by noziz(m): 10:27pm On Apr 07, 2020
Sincerely, it's just like we aren't having recoveries as far as new cases are coming up by the day!

undecidedthere is lockdown, yet new cases are coming up. Imagine there isn't lockdown? With the way things are going, I am pretty sure govt will extend d lockdown, and then people will eventually revolt against govt because hunger is ravaging everywhere!
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Josephobaz1985: 10:29pm On Apr 07, 2020
ikay00406:
oga you don't know how it spreads. Government and even WHO don't know how it dread. All they are saying is trial and error

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Angelfrost(m): 10:29pm On Apr 07, 2020
djon78:

Someone can have those diseases you mentioned for years but corona worsens those underlying health condition.

If you understand the pathway of that disease, you will then know that
It's a very wicked disease.

Europeans and Americans with excellent health institutions underated that disease and look at the havoc it has caused them.

Nigeria still fortunate because it has not really spread. Therefore serious social distancing and isolation will still be our saving grace.

But God forbid bad thing, if the government doesn't take this thing serious. Europe and America will be a child's play.

But God won't allow that to happen.
Our government must do the right thing.

Social distancing and isolation??!... Lol...

You clearly don't know what's happening in most parts of Nigeria... Even hot zones like Lagos and Abuja are not distancing anything.

Your last line is more apt... It's not even about spread, cos that one is already a foregone conclusion!!! If the real widespread testing is done, we will be the highest in Africa, tens of thousands at the very least...

There is an inexplicable anomaly about the virulence of this disease in Nigeria for now... Something is protecting the average Nigerian.
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Angelfrost(m): 10:34pm On Apr 07, 2020
Happyfela:
God help us in Lagos, we don't want no new York situation here o.

New York scenario in Lagos??! You mean over 500 deaths per day??!...

Something Malaria, Typhoid, Cholera, Lassa Fever, Ebola, Hepatitis, Cancer, etc, are yet to pull off, it's now Corona that will do that...

You need to relax and watch less of CNN before you give yourself an unnecessary heart attack!!!... You are stressing your imagination. grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by djon78(m): 10:34pm On Apr 07, 2020
Mizwisdom:

If government isn't taking it serious why will they declare lockdown? which is costing it hugely in revenue generation
I wonder how long we will practice social distancing and isolation. Even if all cases are eradicated in 3 months, and borders are. opened, one foreigner with the disease and no symptoms visits and it spreads again. A cure is what is needed.

Actually what is needed is a vaccine.
Viral diseases don't actually have cure because a virus can't survive on its own. So it uses the cell of its host to multiply.

What kills virus in our body is our body immune system. As the virus is multiplying, the body defense system our immune fights it till it conquers the virus and drives it out of the body.

That's why those with underlying issues and the elderly are vulnerable to this disease. Because there body has been fighting all those underlying health condition, there immune system will not be strong to fight the disease thereby overwhelming the body.

Corona is a very wicked disease.

So people must obey these lock down by government.

You talked about travels etc.
A lot of things will change around the world after this epidemic.
Our world will not be the same again.

Like now Australia, I think China have also started it if you are traveling there as you land you will be quarantined for 14 days. And tested after the quarantine before you are allowed to go into there country.

By the time Europeans and Americans come out of this traveling will be highly restricted.

A new world will emerge after this pandemic

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Nobody: 10:36pm On Apr 07, 2020
Reported or catch the symptoms.
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by senatordave1(m): 10:37pm On Apr 07, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Bru na you? I didn't bother checking moniker. But it's possible that he died from any one of those illness o, plus he wasn't treated.
Na me oh ediye.the deceased hoarded information till it was late.i like the mask policy ayade is doing

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Brunicekid(m): 10:39pm On Apr 07, 2020
Trueigbo:
Cases in Nigeria should be more than this. A country of over 200m and we have tested only about 5000 people
Cotonavirus will be gone in Nigeria in few time in Jesus Name!!!
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by teepain: 10:39pm On Apr 07, 2020
Xisnin:

I suppose you have access to their health history?
People never learn from Spain to Italy to the US and hope not Nigeria.

Politicized to what end?
Most countries are actually reducing the actual numbers according to experts.

If a hypertensive man got knocked down by a bus will you say he died of hypertension because
he could have died "any time"?

Awesome logic!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by fjjc(m): 10:39pm On Apr 07, 2020
May God almighty have mercy on us. Is this the reason these people are moving their citizens out of this country?
All those miracle workers are no where to be found now to send coronavirus back to where it comes from. Later, they come out to seek for offering and tithes.
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by zendi: 10:39pm On Apr 07, 2020
There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
Psalm 91:10

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by yeme7(m): 10:41pm On Apr 07, 2020
That delta state own na stubborn de worry them... Them block border policemen they allow people de enter the state.. Taken bribe smhh

What a waste country called Nigeria
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Pharovo(m): 10:47pm On Apr 07, 2020
Lock Delta state border, yet police dey collect 3k to allow people enter. Make e Kuku end make all men go start again. Naija too hard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please Help, My Mind Has Not Been At Rest / This Self-cleaning Underwear Can Be Worn For Weeks Without Becoming Smelly (Pix) / Running To Bathroom To Use Showerhead After Unprotected Sex Is A Waste Of Time'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.