Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,989 members, 7,814,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths (79052 Views)

COVID-19: 184 New Cases Reported, 6 Deaths And 111 Discharged On May 13 / COVID-19: 146 New Cases Reported, 6 Deaths And 57 Discharged On May 12 / 117 New Coronavirus Cases Reported. Total 782. 197 Discharged. 25 Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Nine2Five: 11:52pm On Apr 07, 2020
Apple’s newest product is a face shield to protect against COVID-19

The Tech giant also on the frontline to stop the spread of Covid19.

Details here: https://www.9to5.com.ng/2020/04/07/apples-newest-product-is-a-face-shield-to-protect-against-covid-19/

Read and share...
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Galactico4ever(m): 11:56pm On Apr 07, 2020
kokakola:
Those of you washing your hands every Seconds, remember that your destiny is in your hands. If you like wash it away because of COVID-19.
a very HUGE THANK YOU for making me laugh today!
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Olabode971(f): 11:58pm On Apr 07, 2020
Ivermectin, drug for riverblindness, can kill coronavirus in 48 hours.
An anti-parasitic head lice drug available around the world has been found to kill COVID-19 in the lab within 48 hours.
Ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug, has been found to kill coronavirus in the laboratory within 48, say researchers at the Australia’s Monash University...
Ivermectin is used to treat parasitic infestations, from head lice and scabies to river blindness and some worm infestation.
But a single dose of the drug stopped the SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes Covid-19, from growing in cell culture. Let's hope it works out well.. #God help us
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by murmee: 12:06am On Apr 08, 2020
Heffalump:

The underlying illnesses if there, is usually aggravated by the virus and eventually kills the person. No one is playing politics here. The prior sickness provides Expressway for the virus to kill easily.

Please lets be mindful and guided of what we type so as no to discourage and deceive so many gullible people in Nigeria. Statistics show that African Americans are dying more of this virus because of the wrong notion that Coronavirus does not kill blacks and low class. Hence, they became complacent!
African Americans have almost the same immune system like the whites because they don't eat the type of foods Africans eat. It is now we will appreciate what our hot peppers, Palm oil, bitter leaf, Ugu leaves etc do to our immune systems.
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Danzeal400: 12:06am On Apr 08, 2020
God is the only protector.Believe in him because he said he will preserve you from all evil

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by CoronaVirusPro: 12:08am On Apr 08, 2020
I feel Nigeria should go by Chris Oyakhilome's theory.

Network operators should be compelled to switch off 3G and 4G network.

Since we don't have 5G yet, 4G and 3G may be the cause of this deaths

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by ekevwe(m): 12:25am On Apr 08, 2020
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Mechatronika(m): 12:31am On Apr 08, 2020
Mizwisdom:
I'm beginning to feel that this Corona virus issue is being politicized. If a man is suffering from hypertension and hepatitis, and dies from one or both causes and you claim he died from corona then you're not being truthful even if he tests positive because any one of those illnesses can kill at any time. But NCDC quickly added his case to the number of deaths. Something isn't right about this(my opinion).

I guess you're making whole lots of sense here.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by LIMELIGHTCRAZY: 12:38am On Apr 08, 2020
Ogun's result can never be accurate , seeks they just want to get out of the lockdown hence the hush hush
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by iswallker(m): 12:45am On Apr 08, 2020
Mizwisdom:
I'm beginning to feel that this Corona virus issue is being politicized. If a man is suffering from hypertension and hepatitis, and dies from one or both causes and you claim he died from corona then you're not being truthful even if he tests positive because any one of those illnesses can kill at any time. But NCDC quickly added his case to the number of deaths. Something isn't right about this(my opinion).

He died of covid-19 complications. Period. Or what exactly is your point.

He had covid-19. He is now dead. Even if Hepatitis killed him--he has become one more person that died with the virus so he must be added... undecided

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Coolcalmcollect(m): 12:49am On Apr 08, 2020
Mizwisdom:
I feel you should think and use your brain more.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by somehow: 12:50am On Apr 08, 2020
And is this different from other countries?

Seems you don't know how covid-19 works.

the virus cant kill on its own but prey on weak immune systems/ill people to kill. meaning it hasten their death by attacking whatever is left of their defence.

Hope you understand better now?

Mizwisdom:
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Chicastle: 1:21am On Apr 08, 2020
Let's know something here.
Click like if you think this lockdown should be extended and share if we should troop outside for hustling
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by ak22(m): 1:25am On Apr 08, 2020
Please use this

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Correcto: 1:43am On Apr 08, 2020
You said it all.
Mizwisdom:

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Mizwisdom(f): 1:49am On Apr 08, 2020
senatordave1:

Na me oh ediye.the deceased hoarded information till it was late.i like the mask policy ayade is doing

True, Ayade is trying.
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by kemi15787: 2:11am On Apr 08, 2020
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by HenryThegreat1(m): 2:17am On Apr 08, 2020
Biodun556:

NCDC said it several times that those with serious health issues may not survive coronavirus.
. Oga how can person have those deadly killer diseases and the person wouldn't die?
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Roozzaay(m): 2:31am On Apr 08, 2020
BENARI:
The likes of America, Italy, Spain, Germany, and UK will most likely end up deploying to Africa to help us manage the virus when they are done containing theirs.

Mark my words

Well done, Prophet of Doom....
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Fash20: 2:42am On Apr 08, 2020
sheyiOlu:
Just imagine if it were to be a full scale testing across the country. Let's just keep it low like this... it is keeping the calm
I pray it ends in time.

I believe lots of people are living with this virus and are not showing symptoms.
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Lilimax(f): 2:48am On Apr 08, 2020
BENARI:
The likes of America, Italy, Spain, Germany, and UK will most likely end up deploying to Africa to help us manage the virus when they are done containing theirs.

Mark my words
It shall.not stand in Jesus name. Amen
I quarantine these your words in Jesus name. Amen
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by MENTORCH(m): 2:54am On Apr 08, 2020
BENARI:

Mark my words

That’s not true, Nigeria will get over it faster. I even think all those numbers of active cases are not true.
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by kemi62880: 3:17am On Apr 08, 2020
5y1r5n0vqr
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Kneebow(m): 3:22am On Apr 08, 2020
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by kemi89653: 3:37am On Apr 08, 2020
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Btruth: 4:15am On Apr 08, 2020
BENARI:

Mark my words
it will not happen IJN. mark my words too.
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by Coronavirus1: 4:27am On Apr 08, 2020
BENARI:

Mark my words
It can never get to that point in Jesus name Amen
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by nanauju(f): 4:44am On Apr 08, 2020
Mizwisdom:

I don't think it's being politicized. If you have been following up WHO and NCDC regulations, they always mention that anyone who already has a terminal disease like the one u mentioned above are likely to die when Corona gets into their body, because their already weak immune system is fighting something else, and not prepared or too weak to fight covid. So it's the covid that eventually kills them. Why do you think most of the survivors have mainly been younger peeps, it's because they have healthier immune which is probably not fighting any other terminal disease at that moment

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by guru90: 4:52am On Apr 08, 2020
Nigeria is 100% blessed.

But our selected leaders are useless.

Think about this: Other countries shared their citizens some dollars so that they can be able to keep on staying at home.

But our Country is oil producing state.... They can't even share 5k to their citizens.

Now, our useless leaders are shouting extension up and down without knowing how we are feeling at home.

Our Nigeria leaders are wicked, self centre, evil......etc

Only God can save us!
Re: COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths by ofiko123(m): 5:25am On Apr 08, 2020
God help us to defeat this coronarivus...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please Help, My Mind Has Not Been At Rest / This Self-cleaning Underwear Can Be Worn For Weeks Without Becoming Smelly (Pix) / Running To Bathroom To Use Showerhead After Unprotected Sex Is A Waste Of Time'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.