Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Nigerians And Begging - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians And Begging (26260 Views)

Nigerians And Hypocrisy / Photo Of A Pregnant Woman Begging With Her Child / Wife Catches Widow, 62, Begging Husband For Sex In Their House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Begging by MyExpression(m): 8:07am On Apr 09, 2020
Rapmoney:

So you are telling us that someone earning 50k a month cannot save some amount of money for rainy days? Look for another story talk. Dis one na outdated story.

I paid my houserent in december 19, just came out of January spending, February Valentine spending and I'm still expecting my March salary by 1st week of April...which is yet to be paid.
You see how broke one can find himself even with the big 50k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Begging by CrownWale93(m): 8:17am On Apr 09, 2020
Is like most of you here don't know what the Lord's doing is.. you might be a millionaire today but do you know what tomorrow holds for you undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians And Begging by BafanaBafana: 9:04am On Apr 09, 2020
MyExpression:

A pleader, one who pleads.
To plead...to beg,...
I said check meaning of beggar, you went to check meaning of plead.
Na wao
Re: Nigerians And Begging by olash: 9:44am On Apr 09, 2020
pmoye:
I tire o!
I know some people that will soon attack the Op over this. People who consider the right to beg as their inalienable and fundamental human right.

By the way, it isn't just those who come out on SM to beg, it is virtually everywhere.

The police stops you on the road and beg. The Road Safety the same. Even soldiers don join them now. Children, fathers, mothers, pastors, imam... It is every where. Yes, it has become a culture. And it is no longer peculiar to Abokis. Everyone now does it.

If you have every landed in Nigeria from a foreign flight, you will simply be ashamed at how airport officers (fully employed by the way!) go dey beg you for dollars.
The worst part of it is you show the remotest interest in a girl and immediately she tries turning you into ATM. This is troubling-ly common on Nairaland these days. Hardly will you be able to have a decent conversation with a girl and you won't wake up one day to her request for cash.

We shouldn't explain this away as a consequence of poor economy. It is simply lack of home training, greed, and a nasty sense of entitlement that others are meant to be responsible for your life. The only sustainable response to harsh economic realities is hard work and smart investment. How many of those begging for money have cared to venture into a line of work they don't like? There is no year I spend a couple of months in Nigeria that I will not talk people into lending me their land to farm. Even as a terribly poor undergraduate student I farmed from my first year to the fvcking final year. That and smart investment have been my only response to poverty.

No one should come out and start blaming economic hardship. It is simply lack of proper home training. Unfortunately, some of the parents are even worse than the children, and what you don't have you cannot give. As poor as my parents were, dem no born you well to come to the house with something that belongs to someone else. They would almost kill you. But these days we have parents who also engage in the shameful career of begging.

Are you from ekiti? This is peculiar to ekiti, it's very rare to see ekiti people beg.
Re: Nigerians And Begging by pmoye(m): 10:55am On Apr 09, 2020
Yes bros.
olash:

Are you from ekiti? This is peculiar to ekiti, it's very rare to see ekiti people beg.
Re: Nigerians And Begging by Perocom(m): 11:29am On Apr 09, 2020
Biancah:
Why do Nigerians beg alot ? In all social media handles Nigerians like begging, if a celebrity should post anything and there are 2000 comments ,1700 of the comments would be of people pasting their account numbers.

Why do Nigerians feel entitled to someone's money. Even nairaland is not left out, account numbers are almost everywhere on nairaland.

Some were even asking S.eun for giveaway like they are entitled to his money.

Why do some Nigerians feel like they are entitled to a rich/well to do person's money?

Begging in Nigeria is circumstantial.
Re: Nigerians And Begging by Rapmoney(m): 12:23pm On Apr 09, 2020
gaventa:
Funny enough it is, the average Nigerian is not promised the next meal. Do you know what it means not to be able to afford a meal. If the basic needs of life were to be taken care of by the govt then most Nigerians won't have to beg. In a case where your work is only able to get you food, how do you expect to take care of Shelter and clothing if you dont beg.

Continue your begging career! Keep waiting for government to take care of your basic needs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Angeline75: 12:25pm On Apr 09, 2020
Pls if you know anyone in need of food pls kindly tell the person to link up on www.covidaid.ng. it's real, they are giving food that will last a household for at least 5 days. Once u register they will come to ur door step. It's an organisational body.

And for those who does not have access to internet, they can dial *371*911# on MTN, Airtel, or 9mobile

Copied from reliable source.
Re: Nigerians And Begging by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 09, 2020
Op na Porva cause am angry
Re: Nigerians And Begging by 0m0nnakoda: 12:30pm On Apr 09, 2020
robert334:
Make una no vex

Pls my people hunger kills faster than corona, i need food.

UBA bank 2088997146
Re: Nigerians And Begging by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 09, 2020
I am so angry right now with this post. I swear some people don't deserve a life on earth. You are condemning people that beg. People beg all over the world. In advanced countries like US, some people who are called homeless depend everyday on what people give to them. Everybody had to beg for something in one way or the other.

In the US their unemployed are less than 10million people out of over 300million people and they are crying that unemployment is high. In Nigeria out of the 200million people ,how many have jobs? Why will begging not be high?

You that think you have not begged before, your father or somebody helped and gave you money to stand on your feet and work for yourself. What of people that didn't have any support to stand on their feet? What of people who are trying to feed themselves and go to school or do something reasonable with their life at the same time.

Na leg dy make nyash shake. You that think you have not begged anybody before, you had help from your parents before u were able to take care of urself. Ur parents also had help from other people before they were able to be rich and take care of your stupid ass.

Some of the people who have made it in life today all over the world from celebrites to business men and even presidents had to beg at some point in their lives to become what they are today. Don't u read success stories ? Are u stupid? U think Dangote has not begged before? U think Jack Ma has not begged before?

U think Wizkid , Timaya, Don Jazzy, Barack Obama, Warren Buffet, Jay Z, Bill gates and a whole bunch of them did not beg at a point in their lives?

Many people's success in life is connected to other people's success. It means somebody has helped you stand on your feet now you should reach back and pull someone else up. It is ur duty to help people in need.

Many times u have begged unconsciously . U beg the sun to shine , u beg the rain to fall, you beg for heat to go , you beg for there to be electricity, you beg coronavirus to go. You want me to go on? No except u're a dummy . So u get my point. We all beg for different things . It's just that the most common one is money .

You can't give you stingy selfish human being and u don't want others to give too. ure condemning people who beg.

Many Nigerians are very wicked especially females. I hate em and they are the dependent baggage in men's lives. Many of these young females will never help somebody yet they ask their fathers, husband's ,boyfriends for help in one way or the other.

Very stingy and wicked. Even their piss seff goat no fit go smell am. Rubbish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Begging by gaventa: 1:33pm On Apr 09, 2020
We know your type dependent mummys boy! I gave reasons doesn't mean I support the act. Dont look down on others because you have people who feed you. No be here you go dey form big man.thank God for you own and don't criticise others.
Rapmoney:

Continue your begging career! Keep waiting for government to take care of your basic needs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Begging by SweetCunt97(f): 1:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
MyExpression:

I paid my houserent in december 19, just came out of January spending, February Valentine spending and I'm still expecting my March salary by 1st week of April...which is yet to be paid.
You see how broke one can find himself even with the big 50k.
planning is the keyword. You knew you'd pay rent in December, you simply should plan ahead.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Rapmoney(m): 1:43pm On Apr 09, 2020
gaventa:
We know your type dependent mummys boy! I gave reasons doesn't mean I support the act. Dont look down on others because you have people who feed you. No be here you go dey form big man.thank God for you own and don't criticise others.

Check my profile. I created my account in 2008. That's almost 12 years now! I was already paying fees for my younger ones even as at then. I don't know what year you were born but I'm very sure that if they subtract your age from mine, what is left will still be more than a dozen!
Re: Nigerians And Begging by gaventa: 4:56pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bonsue if truly you have been responsible for all what you said, then you won't ever criticise those who beg not because they can't work but because their little work can t make ends meet. Stop the lies Bros and face reality. I created my profile in 2009. Check it out too and try to imagine how old I am
Rapmoney:

Check my profile. I created my account in 2008. That's almost 12 years now! I was already paying fees for my younger ones even as at then. I don't know what year you were born but I'm very sure that if they subtract your age from mine, what is left will still be more than a dozen!
Re: Nigerians And Begging by Ask4bigneyo(m): 11:29am On Apr 10, 2020
[quote author=classc25 post=88219871][/qim not saying all are beggers but you will agree with me that the way life is treating you is not the way is treating others.

I know what am saying....

Re: Nigerians And Begging by rafcrown(m): 12:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
New Yahoo Yahoo. Telling lies to get money.
Re: Nigerians And Begging by NACE13: 2:57pm On Apr 10, 2020
I don't know why people are attacking the OP; Try to read and understand the write up first before hitting the reply button.
Nigerians have this entitlement mentality and it can be very annoying to be very honest. Some people have chosen a career path in begging because it pays big time and they have no iota of shame left in them.
For the sake of avoiding tribalistic comments, I won't mention the place. From dusk till dawn a group of abled-bodied young lads will position themselves at a particular junction and will be hailing whomsoever drives a nice looking car just to receive tokens. That is what they do all day.

I know of a man who is very very rich, but his kids are not entitled to his money. He told all of them to get a job and one of his sons took a loan from his father's company for another business start up and he paid back every penny he borrowed.

You hit a big contract, then your friends start asking for their 'share'. You win big in a lottery game and the betting agent wants his 'share'. Please stop using economy as an excuse- some people don't know how to plan and manage money. Somebody made a comment about February's valentine budget #face palm. You earn about 50k yet you have the guts to plan for Valentine. Sometimes, village people take a break but you guys will go and wake them up

The earlier we erase this mentality, the better for us all

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by ThaThinka: 12:32pm On Apr 11, 2020
seyi371:
When you tell poor people to have less children, they would tell you God will provide and go on having lots of kids.

This.
Re: Nigerians And Begging by Paigejohns(f): 1:48pm On Apr 11, 2020
Biancah:
Why do Nigerians beg alot ? In all social media handles Nigerians like begging, if a celebrity should post anything and there are 2000 comments ,1700 of the comments would be of people pasting their account numbers.

Why do Nigerians feel entitled to someone's money. Even nairaland is not left out, account numbers are almost everywhere on nairaland.

Some were even asking S.eun for giveaway like they are entitled to his money.

Why do some Nigerians feel like they are entitled to a rich/well to do person's money?
it is better to beg than to steal

for the fact you have somewhere to lay your head,food to eat,clothes to wear,a shoulder to lean on,a family to look up to,a stress-free life

DOES NOT mean that everyone is as fortunate as you are
many of us get our daily bread from a war-like struggle that continues non stop

many of us don't have a shoulder to cry on,no family members to talk to...
we are always on our own: totally ignored,depressed,ridiculd...that does not mean we are lazy and not hard workimg

the truth is that many work really hard but earns very small and vise versa

am a living example
i worked for a company for months but i was rewarded with nothing,not even the monthly salary was paid...i walked away with a heavy burden coupled with great lack

but there is a limit one can beg.many beg out of lack ,many out of greediness

so to the OP don't be too quick to judge people,there is always a reason for that and always remain greatful for the priviledge you have TODAY my peace i leave you
Re: Nigerians And Begging by MrMcJay(m): 11:33am On Apr 12, 2020
There is someone I know on Nairaland who is currently building a house but posts his bank details on Nairaland begging for giveaways. Some of those he is begging don't even have a bag of cement in their names.

Some people are in genuine need and require help, while others are greedy thieves. The problem is how to differentiate.
Re: Nigerians And Begging by Drsmartphilips: 1:51pm On Apr 12, 2020
Account is red already please help 0019250019 gtb
Re: Nigerians And Begging by Kingrefreshed: 9:07am On Apr 13, 2020
kikero:

Most of the nairalanders begging here on this site and on musicians and celebrity social media sites are Southerners.

North too has a begging culture. But the South isn't far behind

Oh I'm East thank God.... Lolx
Re: Nigerians And Begging by AmuDimpka: 6:29pm On Apr 16, 2020
olash:

Bros I havw seen many Ado beg

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Cobbler And His Wife Welcome Triplets In Uyo, Cry For Help (pics) / The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom / Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.