Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Nigerians And Begging - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians And Begging (26253 Views)

Nigerians And Hypocrisy / Photo Of A Pregnant Woman Begging With Her Child / Wife Catches Widow, 62, Begging Husband For Sex In Their House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Begging by mpolochi1: 11:35am On Apr 08, 2020
[s]
OSUigboFlatHead:
grin

Not all culture.

That shameless act is perculiar to those

A

B

O

K

Iz

There's hunger in the land

Someone should please find me something in my akant grin

GTB
Sero wan Tu Tu wan for hate sis grin
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by ThinkB4mention(f): 11:35am On Apr 08, 2020
Help a sister please.... Nothing is to small tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigerians And Begging by gambia(m): 11:35am On Apr 08, 2020
But honestly its becoming irritating, Begging is now a legit business. Everyone needs to be responsible enough for his or herself, But with the hunger in the land i don't see this habit ending anytime soon.
Re: Nigerians And Begging by ednut1(m): 11:35am On Apr 08, 2020
Blame those who give them

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by vertueptime: 11:37am On Apr 08, 2020
Some just beg cos they like awuf, even here on NL E-beggers no let us hear word, twitter is like the holy congregation of beggers,

Biancah:
Why do Nigerians beg alot ? In all social media handles Nigerians like begging, if a celebrity should post anything and there are 2000 comments ,1700 of the comments would be of people pasting their account numbers.

Why do Nigerians feel entitled to someone's money. Even nairaland is not left out, account numbers are almost everywhere on nairaland.

Some were even asking S.eun for giveaway like they are entitled to his money.

Why do some Nigerians feel like they are entitled to a rich/well to do person's money?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by CodeTemplar: 11:37am On Apr 08, 2020
It has been intergrTed into the culture here.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Begging by HundHunter(m): 11:38am On Apr 08, 2020
Biancah:
Why do Nigerians beg alot ? In all social media handles Nigerians like begging, if a celebrity should post anything and there are 2000 comments ,1700 of the comments would be of people pasting their account numbers.

Why do Nigerians feel entitled to someone's money. Even nairaland is not left out, account numbers are almost everywhere on nairaland.

Why do some Nigerians feel like they are entitled to a rich/well to do person's money?

The question will be best answer by the Lai Muhammed Minister of Information and Culture.

Please revert back to Nairaland.

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 08, 2020
akinjojo1234:
There is no single thread in this forum where you wouldn't see people begging. Is it that we have lost all shame in this country?

Do we realise some other nationalities read some posts here? How do you expect them to feel when they see all those begging posts? Very ridiculous

To hell with other nations.... If u don't av, wud u steal or come out for help?

Think

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Butoneday2(m): 11:39am On Apr 08, 2020
Biancah:

Bros, pls forget that as am talking to you now nothing to show, pls if you can assist me With 2k i will appreciate. Thanks and God bless you. My acc; 2053462819. Bank is UBA. , Name; Ubochi Chika. Be your brothers keeper. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Begging by SenatorBright(m): 11:39am On Apr 08, 2020
Biancah:

I have this on mind too. When I checked Ivd00 Instagram picture yesterday. All the comments on the picture he uploaded was account names and numbers. People saying they need 3k,5k,10k to buy food. I can't cry. I feel it's bad but at the same time, the government didn't make provision for living in this hard time.

I sent money to friends and family everyday. When I want to money Gram yesterday, I got upset because the care service told me I'm not gonna send money across to Nigeria again. It's such a bullshit. I used world remit.

Let the government provide for people. The begging of a thing is so scary.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by stormborn28(m): 11:40am On Apr 08, 2020
sisisioge:

Na so o. Total monthly income 50k....yet they have 4 kids! Housing, food, clothing, medical, education, etc are there to be sorted o. It is well.
ha!!!Nigerians dey Fvck well well oooooo
Re: Nigerians And Begging by lilyheaven: 11:40am On Apr 08, 2020
sisisioge:
It's really a sorry case. No sense of self responsible at all even in healthy young men and women. It even gets scarier when people of little means get married, have children and then rely on the general public to help cater for the family! If everyone struggling were to resort to begging, then there would be no one spared. It is well jare....so well!
If you make a mistake and call anyone, the next thing you will hear is , hunger ooo. cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Garrieveryday: 11:40am On Apr 08, 2020
Truth is those complaining of beggars are not even giving helping hands to the beggars. Their own is just to pick offence because they've seen someone who must've had no option than to throw his pride away and resort to begging due to situation on ground.

And also, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH SOMEONE BEGGING. ABSOLUTELY! 'WE ALL HAVE BEGGED AT ONE POINT OR THE OTHER IN OUR RESPECTIVE LIVES. NOBODY HAS EVERYTHING IN LIFE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Jeffyblaq(m): 11:40am On Apr 08, 2020
ThinkB4mention:
Help a sister please.... Nothing is to small tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Go and die..

Itz no big deal.. Ok

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Begging by chinedumoooo: 11:42am On Apr 08, 2020
Laziness, greedy and shameless altitude had took over people norms and culture.
Most display their unclothedness just to trend and attract social traffic.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Farki: 11:42am On Apr 08, 2020
We really do. There's no shame in asking once in a while but some people make it a habit to irritatingly ask for food, money, clothes, appliances etc constantly.

This gimme gimme culture was something I noticed as a kid but has persisted until adulthood.

It's like some people were raised without having any kind of boundaries.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by haryothosyn93(m): 11:42am On Apr 08, 2020
On a more serious note, things are getting out of hand to the extend that if you go out to greet all this well doing men in their houses or offices, the next thing you will observe is the gate man begging you for something as if you have gone to work inside the house or office with rich man or men.

I went for an interview sometime ago and after the whole problem on me.. going out of the gate.... security man was still begging me for money as if I went to take my salary from them.

Also, I have a friend who upgraded himself in begging. He can beg dead man for money.. If he doesn't buy food today, he must buy drugs etc. The more you give him, the he comes back to you for more money.

I remember that after my NYSC year, my first paid job was 30k in a month in which 13 to 14k is for transportation to the office in a month but you won't see me begging people for money because I need to manage myself although I understand that the country economy is bad but we need to adjust to the system.

NB: Things are getting out of hand as Nigerians have taken begging as a profession.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Begging by tollyboy5(m): 11:43am On Apr 08, 2020
Biancah:

shocked I’m shocked! It’s coming from a lady! I once loved a lady that was feeling entitled to what she can’t afford.

I just left the idiot! Despite my sincere love. Many girls are opposite of what they say.

Begging is Nigeria culture both male n female including adult but it’s not part of me. I’ll rather drink my garri or go out to do any dirty job instead of begging.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Garrieveryday: 11:44am On Apr 08, 2020
Butoneday2:
Bros, pls forget that as am talking to you now nothing to show, pls if you can assist me With 2k i will appreciate. Thanks and God bless you. My acc; 2053462819. Bank is UBA. , Name; Ubochi Chika. Be your brothers keeper. grin

Don't mind them. They think begging is a choice or a thing of pride. Some people are in helpless situation, thus resorting to begging.
Re: Nigerians And Begging by Osobi32(m): 11:45am On Apr 08, 2020
seyi371:
When you tell poor people to have less children, they would tell you God will provide and go on having lots of kids.
. Honestly this thing drives me crazy, people who can barely afford 3sqr meal producing children as if they are rats...... I have a neighbor like that who is presently on my neck.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by dododawa1: 11:46am On Apr 08, 2020
OMO BANI, ATORO JU OLE LO meaning if we don't have,we beg TO stealing.
Re: Nigerians And Begging by kestolove95(m): 11:46am On Apr 08, 2020
U will never see igbo begging just Yoruba nd hausa people

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Excuzeme: 11:47am On Apr 08, 2020
seyi371:
When you tell poor people to have less children, they would tell you God will provide and go on having lots of kids.

And then turn around to beg the Rich ones who limited themselves to two children so they can take good care of them!
And when you dont answer them, they say you are wicked and selfish. grin grin

Imagine ordinary Keke Maruwa driver having seven children when the owner of that Maruwa and three others, has just three children!
shocked shocked
Weyrey peeps

11 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by pmoye(m): 11:47am On Apr 08, 2020
I told her too!
grin grin grin
They will come for her head soon. Community of Allied Nigerian E-Beggars (CANEB).

MZrapper:
They are coming for you. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Farki: 11:47am On Apr 08, 2020
Garrieveryday:
Truth is those complaining of beggars are not even giving helping hands to the beggars. Their own is just to pick offence because they've seen someone who must've had no option than to throw his pride away and resort to begging due to situation on ground.

And also, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH SOMEONE BEGGING. ABSOLUTELY! 'WE ALL HAVE BEGGED AT ONE POINT OR THE OTHER IN OUR RESPECTIVE LIVES. NOBODY HAS EVERYTHING IN LIFE.
If I'm being honest it's very hard to be generous in Nigeria. In uni I lent my appliances whenever someone asked but I noticed that if I didn't chase after some people they would never bring them back. Some even broke them and when I spent my money to fix them they would come right again asking and would throw a fit if I said no.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by FREEMADNESS: 11:48am On Apr 08, 2020
MyExpression:
What do yhu mean by Nigerians LIKE begging
Does anyone like begging?
Is begging a likable trait?

People beg for assistance when they can't meet their needs.
Nobody is robbing you...they are only asking for assistance...just taking their chances on you.

Quit with the holier than thou attitude.

Given, it seems embarrassing to always flood people's timeline with begging...those posts should be controlled but please don't look down on anyone for begging. It's not a thing of pleasure.

u made a point there bro.

its neva a tin of pleasure to beg

***NOTE***

HUSTLE HARD IS THE KEY TO REAL WEALTH.
Re: Nigerians And Begging by monfizzy(m): 11:49am On Apr 08, 2020
I’ve been living away from Naija for almost 10years now and have been to at least 15 countries and I’ve never seen anywhere begging thrives more than Nigeria. The self-entitlement mentality is very alarming and anytime you don’t oblige to these begging they start giving you attitude like you owe them farthing. Really unfortunate trend.

14 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by SenatorBright(m): 11:49am On Apr 08, 2020
Butoneday2:

Wtf

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Excuzeme: 11:49am On Apr 08, 2020
kestolove95:
U will never see igbo begging just Yoruba nd hausa people

Very True,
the Igbo would rather rob violetly or scam you with fake products, ten times the amount of money they can get from you through begging!
Which is worse?

Butoneday2:

See Yoruba and hausa people begging with Chika Ubochi, an Igbo name! shocked shocked grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Fajoe2020: 11:50am On Apr 08, 2020
Biancah:

If FG begged for ventilator, then know sey no be today e start

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sex In Marriage: Tips For Mutual Satisfaction | Surehome Seminar February / Obituary Of A Man & His Mother Buried Same Day In Nsukka, Enugu (Photo) / Cobbler And His Wife Welcome Triplets In Uyo, Cry For Help (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.