Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,038 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Nigerians And Begging - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians And Begging (26204 Views)

Nigerians And Hypocrisy / Photo Of A Pregnant Woman Begging With Her Child / Wife Catches Widow, 62, Begging Husband For Sex In Their House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Comedian2019: 1:54pm On Apr 08, 2020
cooltola:
Give what you have and do not let anyone determine the amount that you can give- This is my altitude now , it is a take or leave it. I don't care if they are not happy with the amount i gave.
Maturity! Good one.
Re: Nigerians And Begging by Kuginzi: 1:55pm On Apr 08, 2020
It is pitiable dismal Pismo, it is regrettably lugubrious that the cataclysmic cause of begging among the youths is LAZINESS. Secondly, lack of conscience.
Re: Nigerians And Begging by ageraGT: 1:57pm On Apr 08, 2020
I even saw someone asking imam of peace for give away...
Re: Nigerians And Begging by ageraGT: 2:03pm On Apr 08, 2020
safarigirl:
Funny

I posted this thread last year

https://www.nairaland.com/5348690/nigerian-culture-begging

Maybe I should have posted it under family.

Different begging themes though

The Entire country is impoverished. When a people are impoverished, begging is second nature to them.

I was going to write mine but the OP beat me to it..
Re: Nigerians And Begging by penplus: 2:06pm On Apr 08, 2020
Its not just the poor that beg

the rich beg, celebrities beg, comedians beg(attend their shows and see for yourself), even politicians beg. Nigerians are all over the place begging. So don't narrow it down to poor people. Even those who have to give have begged before. It's a community of beggars....Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by jabolo(m): 2:07pm On Apr 08, 2020
Comedian2019:

I don't support begging, but don't shame those who resort to begging rather than robbing. Some of them are in dire need for reasons beyond their control.
Entitlement mentality is what I know is wrong - very wrong.

How do you differentiate between the two?

'Bless me' - is that begging or entitlement?

It's very sad.
Re: Nigerians And Begging by InvertedHammer: 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2020
/
There are some subculture that will shamelessly beg for salt, toothpaste, onions, soap, spoon, plates, fork,( you name it) if you are unlucky enough to be their next door neighbour. Some tribes are worse at it.

\

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Originalsly: 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2020
bukatyne:

The average Nigerian is not content with what he/she has.

Also, the average Nigerian is in contant competition and always wants to lead the 'imaginary' pack and will result to begging, stealing, misappropriation of funds, shortchanging others to do so.

Some people because of the paragraph above also like to 'give' to show they are on top.

Most of the 'beggars' are using the funds to do stuffs you the begged cannot afford.

E. G. The OP that lamented that his married ex used the funds she from begged him for her husband's birthday.

And as luck would have it, said OP claimed he cannot use such funds to celebrate a birthday for himself or family?! grin

Soooooo on point! .... too many people somehow believe only poor people with children are beggars where it is clear begging is exclusive to no class. The most aggressive beggars are the rich..... as in pastors aggressively begging the poor..... and the poor aggressively begging the rich.
Re: Nigerians And Begging by Ezmans: 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2020
Biancah:
Why do Nigerians beg alot ? In all social media handles Nigerians like begging, if a celebrity should post anything and there are 2000 comments ,1700 of the comments would be of people pasting their account numbers.

Why do Nigerians feel entitled to someone's money. Even nairaland is not left out, account numbers are almost everywhere on nairaland.

Some were even asking S.eun for giveaway like they are entitled to his money.

Why do some Nigerians feel like they are entitled to a rich/well to do person's money?
it's a culture is southwest
Re: Nigerians And Begging by Iceyjayz: 2:14pm On Apr 08, 2020
And that stupid boy froshloaded, very lazy and wayward boy.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by bluefilm: 2:15pm On Apr 08, 2020
I hate beggars.

Not those blind beggars or homeless folks we normally encounter at car parks!

I mean, full fledged healthy men and women who are just begging for begging sake.

Fuck_ them all!!!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Scofieldgee(m): 2:16pm On Apr 08, 2020
Join Crowd 1 and stop begging Nigerian
Re: Nigerians And Begging by scoundrel(f): 2:18pm On Apr 08, 2020
One thing I hate about discussion forums is solutions to problems always end there and nothing gets done regarding the initial challenge. After posting this comment and reading all the entries here it won’t shock me to see another post begging for financial aid in the next fifteen minutes.

The moderators here are for what? It seems they don’t feel removing these posts is their sole responsibility. Reporting by users is not the answer since most comments I do this for remain for others to view even three years down the line. If for a full week straight the moderators delete any of these threads within minutes of their creation the offenders will lose interest and go elsewhere. This problem is simply one of management not knowing their role in curbing a menace. Well, scams are still rampant here so that shows the unwillingness the moderators have towards serious issues.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Osonddu: 2:21pm On Apr 08, 2020
please we should stop this begging attitude, both online and offline

my Sisters from another Mother, let us stop asking assistance from our boyfriends because it's another form of begging, we ask our boyfriends money for Pampers, pant, bra, pad, we also ask our boyfriends money to make our hair's, my sisters this begging is getting out of hand.

Those women that use married men to cater for their needs should stop it, it's also an act of begging, what is the difference between we women and beggers in the street

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Begging by bluefilm: 2:23pm On Apr 08, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
The most painful of it is some youths have taken begging as profession. You see them on every giveaway thread

Their usual slogans goes as follow: Oga boss, anything for your boys?!

In my mind, I'm like, Go and Eat Shit_ you Fool_

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by lilyheaven: 2:25pm On Apr 08, 2020
sassysure:

Then I will stop calling you or picking your calls.

Hunger and u are still breathing.
grin
It's terrible
Re: Nigerians And Begging by ImaIma1(f): 2:25pm On Apr 08, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

Wat if someone marry with dat 20k and decide not to hav more than one kid just in proportionality to his pocket??

Dont b insensitive, poor people also need hapines, the need partners, the need companions, they need companies. Its just that many of dem dont apply brain as at wen due.

Been poor is not a crime but not doin wat u ought to do as at wen due is ignorance.

Earning small is not a problem, the problem is lack of management.

Yoruba adage says "bowo eku semo lo se n fi yunju mo" meaning as mouse palm take small na hin hin dey manage use am scratch hin face" grin

Earning small doesnt translates to everlasting singlehood theorem, its just dat u should knw how to manage ur resources pending the tym tins turns around.

If u re earning 20k, do ur mini marriage and give birth to one kid and stop for a while pending.....

With God on ur sides tins wil pan out good and u can start adding to ur kids like eku eda grin

It's not being insensitive. Getting married is not a competition. Some will go ahead and get married on that salary with no other source of income and to a woman that has absolutely no financial imput.

Please tell me how 20k will sustain them especially if a baby comes months after....hospital Bill's, baby needs, etc.

Such people get frustrated, helpless and desperate. Meanwhile getting married at that time was not mandatory. Some things could have been put in place
Re: Nigerians And Begging by watchindelta(m): 2:26pm On Apr 08, 2020
I think say Nigeria gat pride before oh!! Not till I traveled to Italy then I know Nigerians don't gat any single self respect or dignity at all. At of all the whole black countries here, Nigerians are the only once doing begin here. Even others countries use it to laugh at us here.
Re: Nigerians And Begging by Oluneutral: 2:33pm On Apr 08, 2020
scoundrel:
One thing I hate about discussion forums is solutions to problems always end there and nothing gets done regarding the initial challenge. After posting this comment and reading all the entries here it won’t shock me to see another post begging for financial aid in the next fifteen minutes.

The moderators here are for what? It seems they don’t feel removing these posts is their sole responsibility. Reporting by users is not the answer since most comments I do this for remain for others to view even three years down the line. If for a full week straight the moderators delete any of these threads within minutes of their creation the offenders will lose interest and go elsewhere. This problem is simply one of management not knowing their role in curbing a menace. Well, scams are still rampant here so that shows the unwillingness the moderators have towards serious issues.

Yes, we need solution to stop all this embarrassing shlt on this forum but from the information I've been privy to here, (don't know how far it's true), it seems moderator work here is volunteer work and if they (the moderators) should be blocking these beggars, I think that would be a full time job, because some monikers here have turned e-begging to full time job as you can see a moniker posting like 50 posts per day begging. So, won't moderators have time for themselves and other things again.

It's just dicey but I agree that it's a problem we have to solve to return the sanity and normalcy we used to enjoy on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Imohsilas: 2:33pm On Apr 08, 2020
The most reason why people beg is because they are out of means of sustenance, Financial means and Skill based.
In my bid to contribute to humanity, I've put together a graphics design series for every one that is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQlXGnyIH7o

Re: Nigerians And Begging by orunmila144: 2:33pm On Apr 08, 2020
Jibsy203:

Shut up, afonjas and abokis are born to beg and its in their DNA
hmmmm interesting
Re: Nigerians And Begging by Iceyjayz: 2:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
I'm just really ashamed of Nigerians, how can y'all be begging like it's your birthright, it doesn't make any sense and it's embarrassing.
Re: Nigerians And Begging by TrippleEEE: 2:35pm On Apr 08, 2020
Biancah:
Why do Nigerians beg alot ? In all social media handles Nigerians like begging, if a celebrity should post anything and there are 2000 comments ,1700 of the comments would be of people pasting their account numbers.

Why do Nigerians feel entitled to someone's money. Even nairaland is not left out, account numbers are almost everywhere on nairaland.

Why do some Nigerians feel like they are entitled to a rich/well to do person's money?
They have a group on nairaland who go in packs attacking anyone that seeks to go logical on this issue. They tagged them as 'insensitive' and 'Holier than thou'...

The absence of Shame in any community is truly a dangerous terrain. Many collect this money to play bet9ja, some take beer,
etc.
I also know some use it for important stuffs but regular begging has become a menace that should be curbed. And it didn't just start during this Covid period. It's been heightened since last year. BRT, bustops, social media....

This is not to undermine anybody or to make peeps feel inferior...

This is a disease that is spreading fast.
Something truly needs to be done.mindsets truly need to change.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Begging by akaahs(m): 2:40pm On Apr 08, 2020
Biancah:

Not only on social media even on radio program, someone ll just call to beg not minding what's the topic of discussion oo
The thing is getting out of hand

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by scoundrel(f): 2:43pm On Apr 08, 2020
Oluneutral:

Yes, we need solution to stop all this embarrassing shlt on this forum but from the information I've been privy to here, (don't know how far it's true), it seems moderator work here is volunteer work and if they (the moderators) should be blocking these beggars, I think that would be a full time job, because some monikers here have turned e-begging to full time job as you can see a moniker posting like 50 posts per day begging. So, won't moderators have time for themselves and other things again.

It's just dicey but I agree that it's a problem we have to solve to return the sanity and normalcy we used to enjoy on this forum.

Then the problem is from the admin himself if he can’t pay about four moderators 30,000 per month to ensure they target and remove any form of begging threads. If the problem is a paid job I have to take care of I will do it to the best of my ability. We have APC/PDP propagandists here who create 45,000 comments in less than one month from being paid the same amount. These are not bots, mind you.

A friend once told me “the same way you wake up to create money legitimately is the very same way others stay up to device schemes to take away your hard earned money. You better learn to stay two steps ahead of them.” This is a problem which throwing money at can solve; the easiest of all challenges. The forum admin should do the needful and stop being mediocre. The problem doesn’t affect his cash flow hence his lack of persistence towards solving it.

Come to think of it, I believe he is afraid of people learning the mechanics behind this forum and eventually leaving him to create their own competing brands. That will explain why in all these years the number of moderators reduce as opposed to increasing to battle rising challenges.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Oluneutral: 2:52pm On Apr 08, 2020
scoundrel:

Then the problem is from the admin himself if he can’t pay about four moderators 30,000 per month to ensure they target and remove any form of begging threads. If the problem is a paid job I have to take care of I will do it to the best of my ability. We have APC/PDP propagandists here who create 45,000 comments in less than one month from being paid the same amount. These are not bots, mind you.

A friend once told me “the same way you wake up to create money legitimately is the very same way others stay up to device schemes to take away your hard earned money. You better learn to stay two steps ahead of them.” This is a problem which throwing money at can solve; the easiest of all challenges. The forum admin should do the needful and stop being mediocre. The problem doesn’t affect his cash flow hence his lack of persistence towards solving it.

Come to think of it, I believe he is afraid of people learning the mechanics behind this forum and eventually leaving him to create their own competing brands. That will explain why in all these years the number of moderators reduce as opposed to increasing to battle rising challenges.

You're right!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Froshloaded: 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2020
Iceyjayz:
And that stupid boy iceyjayz, very lazy and wayward boy.
grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Begging by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:19pm On Apr 08, 2020
Biancah:

Especially, the average Nigerian girl.

Before the average Nigerian/African man can say he wants to beg, it must be as a last resort.

But the average Nigerian girl, damn, begging is a fundamental human right.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Begging by ImaIma1(f): 3:22pm On Apr 08, 2020
sisisioge:

Lol...I was over stretching it at 50k with 4kids! People should just learn to manage themselves within their finances.

Someone I knew already had three children. Her husband is a driver and she brings in very little. And she was looking for a fourth child. Now they are 4 sharing the same income.

Anytime I see them, I am so angry with her because they look unkempt, dirty, old clothes. Something they could have avoided. When I even have something to give her, I start thinking of how it will go round.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Dollabiz: 3:24pm On Apr 08, 2020
people are suffering thats the fact

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Begging by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 08, 2020
Bullshit.
A lot of needless comments too.
The OP shouldn't have generalized.
If you will rather die as a homeless kid who has nobody except anybody,it means you're clueless.
It doesn't mean you're smart.
Actually,you can be lucky to be smart but you can't be smart to be lucky.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The reason Why I Will Consider My Dad First Before My Mom / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? / Sex In Marriage: Tips For Mutual Satisfaction | Surehome Seminar February

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.