Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. (2332 Views)

Buhari May Swear In Ministers Wednesday / About The Post Of Senate President? We Dont Care!!! / Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by BigB11(m): 9:18pm On Jan 02, 2011
Salute to IBB and other incredible Nigerians.

Now that Jonathan continues to show Nigerians by every second that he isn't capable of effectively and efficiently leading this nation, I think it's time for everyone to put the personal issues aside, let go the sentiment, open our minds and be true to ourselves.
Among all our leaders for the past 30 years Buhari still remains the only one with the best record. During his short period as our president we experienced a better Nigeria, stronger laws and disciplined Nigerians in general.
He's simple, disciplined, focused, tough and has the experience we need at this time to effectively move this nation forward.

Our problems in Nigeria are very obvious and solutions to them are even straight forward, but finding the right leader to initiate these solutions becomes clearly impossible for more than 30 years.
I honestly feel that what we are currently experiencing among the PDP and the bombing is a great opportunity (wake up call) for all Nigerians to come to realize the importance of electing the right leader and not just any leader that shares the same village with our parents.

Regardless of our personal differences on some issues, we must immediately forget the sentiment and call a spade a spade and not diamond.
What I have seen and experienced lately has opened up my eyes; Buhari is the only candidate that is directly affiliated to Nigeria (Jonathan is affiliated to OBJ and Atiku is also affiliated to IBB) and will fight/work very hard for you and I.

The value of a sentiment is the amount of sacrifice you are prepared to make for it. I'm not here trying to push Buhari into your throat, but you should take a time out and think about it.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by okosodo: 9:22pm On Jan 02, 2011
All you Boko Haram People will be destroyed one by one in Jesus Name
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by 9ijaMan: 9:34pm On Jan 02, 2011
okosodo:

All you Boko Haram People will be destroyed one by one in Jesus Name
Shows how intelligent you are!

@OP,
I agree with you. Buhari may just be the antidote to these corrupt lunatics we currently have in power!
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jan 02, 2011
Buhari?

Not sure about that.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by 9ijaMan: 9:53pm On Jan 02, 2011
mikeansy:

Buhari?

Not sure about that.
Sticking to topic, if I may ask, who else amongst the lot?
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by sd6: 9:54pm On Jan 02, 2011
I feel u my bros! I think u make sense wit ur critical analysis. I'm a fan of GEJ but d recent occurences shows dt he's not fit 2 lead us 2 d promise land. We need a disciplinarian like Buhari to curtail d excesses of those sacred cows. Buhari ll really sanitize d system nd make it governable mayb for people GEJ 2 continue after him.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by xterra2(m): 9:58pm On Jan 02, 2011
Yes of course
Buhari is the man, and i will hopefully cast my vote for him, i hope my vote counts
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Depilot(m): 10:04pm On Jan 02, 2011
Salute to IBB and other incredible Nigerians.

Now that Jonathan continues to show Nigerians by every second that he isn't capable of effectively and efficiently leading this nation, I think it's time for everyone to put the personal issues aside, let go the sentiment, open our minds and be true to ourselves.
Among all our leaders for the past 30 years Buhari still remains the only one with the best record. During his short period as our president we experienced a better Nigeria, stronger laws and disciplined Nigerians in general.
He's simple, disciplined, focused, tough and has the experience we need at this time to effectively move this nation forward.

Our problems in Nigeria are very obvious and solutions to them are even straight forward, but finding the right leader to initiate these solutions becomes clearly impossible for more than 30 years.
I honestly feel that what we are currently experiencing among the PDP and the bombing is a great opportunity (wake up call) for all Nigerians to come to realize the importance of electing the right leader and not just any leader that shares the same village with our parents.

Regardless of our personal differences on some issues, we must immediately forget the sentiment and call a spade a spade and not diamond.
What I have seen and experienced lately has opened up my eyes; Buhari is the only candidate that is directly affiliated to Nigeria (Jonathan is affiliated to OBJ and Atiku is also affiliated to IBB) and will fight/work very hard for you and I.

The value of a sentiment is the amount of sacrifice you are prepared to make for it. I'm not here trying to push Buhari into your throat, but you should take a time out and think about it.

Wow!!!
Very true. I hope Buhari sees this post.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by koruji(m): 10:15pm On Jan 02, 2011
@Big B1
Quote: "Our problems in Nigeria are very obvious and solutions to them are even straight forward, but finding the right leader to initiate these solutions becomes clearly impossible for more than 30 years."

By all means sell Buhari - when considered in total he is probably just as good as any other candidate, may be except for Ribadu who brings generational change and less baggage than any other candidate.

Still, the above is overselling, reminiscient of your IBB campaign here on NL. Nigeria's problems are obvious, but anyone that tells you the solutions are straight forward doesn't really know what he is talking about.

[size=14pt]Aside - does this mean IBB is pitching his tent with Buhari?[/size]
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 02, 2011
9ijaMan:

Sticking to topic, if I may ask, who else amongst the lot?

In my book, Buhari is the worst of them all Presidential candidates.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by 9ijaMan: 10:20pm On Jan 02, 2011
mikeansy:

In my book, Buhari is the worst of them all Presidential candidates.
Support your claim with proves without resorting to ethnic or religious bigotry.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 02, 2011
Buhari will instil decipline quite sure but his economic policies is what i dnt knw abt all d same im nt his fan. Utomi all d way 4me
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by AbuMaryam1(m): 10:53pm On Jan 02, 2011
Well Buhari in atitude i like him, but policies and monipulation i score him low. He is very strongman and mean no bussiness, the guy is lacking policies he is not good to head a government, likes of Buhari are to be giving a commission to head not entire government ( just like donkey in the Animal farm , i will work harder) Buhari dont have the quality of a democratic leader, he is just like a man with a big hammer any mistake is like a nail. A democratic government need a person who has many ears to listen and provide a various solution to a problem, If Daura man became a president  i will relocate to Cameroun.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by BigB11(m): 10:56pm On Jan 02, 2011
Buhari will instil decipline quite sure but his economic policies is what i dnt knw abt all d same im nt his fan.

Let us be smart and be true to ourselves for a change.
From what I've seen and experienced, I hate to put it out to you that our problems are not economic policies; our problems are simply:
1. Poor leadership
2. Corruption and
3. Unlawfulness

And if we do not elect a disciplined leader, who will enforce our weak laws, who can not be intimidated by other thieves and who isn't scared to sincerely fight corruption, nothing will work in Nigeria for the rest of our lives; it's that simple.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by 9ijaMan: 11:00pm On Jan 02, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

Well Buhari in atitude i like him, but policies and monipulation i score him low. He is very strongman and mean no bussiness, the guy is lacking policies he is not good to head a government, likes of Buhari are to be giving a commission to head not entire government ( just like donkey in the Animal farm , i will work harder) Buhari dont have the quality of a democratic leader, he is just like a man with a big hammer any mistake is like a nail. A democratic government need a person who has many ears to listen and provide a various solution to a problem,  If Daura man became a president  i will relocate to Cameroun.
You better pack your bags now, 'cos I (along with millions of Nigerians) believe that we need someone who'll hit every single nail of corruption with a sledge hammer. If you want to know about Buhari's economic policies, go to Google and get informed. You have simply waved his candidature aside without a single shred of evidence to back up your claims about the man. Buhari led this nation once and evidences are abound about his accomplishment as the C-in-C. He also led PTF and the proves are still available to date. If you need more information about his government when he held sway, abeg go to Google.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Obiagu1(m): 11:03pm On Jan 02, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

Well Buhari in atitude i like him, but policies and monipulation i score him low. He is very strongman and mean no bussiness, the guy is lacking policies he is not good to head a government, likes of Buhari are to be giving a commission to head not entire government ( just like donkey in the Animal farm , i will work harder) Buhari dont have the quality of a democratic leader, he is just like a man with a big hammer any mistake is like a nail. A democratic government need a person who has many ears to listen and provide a various solution to a problem, If Daura man became a president i will relocate to Cameroun.

Since you're from the North, who do you prefer? Buhari, Atiku or GEJ?

My choice is Atiku. cool
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by BigB11(m): 11:04pm On Jan 02, 2011
At this point presenting economic policies in Nigeria is more or less presenting an interesting story. If all these 3 major factors (1. Poor leadership 2. Corruption and 3. Unlawfulness) are not addressed and resolved, we're all going to be wasting our time looking and analysing fake economic policies.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 02, 2011
9ijaMan:

Support your claim with proves without resorting to ethnic or religious bigotry.

I will give you just one of many reasons.

This man in 1983 criminally flouted the 1979 constitution existing at the time and ousted a democratically elected government. A move strange to the provisions of the existing constitution at the time.

Do you honestly believe that it sets a good precedent to middle ranking soldiers to have a history where a man who usurped democracy gets elected as President in the same country many years later?

Now please don't tell me the then Shagari Government was corrupt, because the current Government is even more corrupt. Hence if our current soldiers are as indisciplined as Buhari was and still is; they will end our current democracy and Buhari will not have the chance to insult our sensibilities in the name of running for elections.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Obiagu1(m): 11:09pm On Jan 02, 2011
^^^

Exactly, it was because of Buhari that IBB and Abacha came to power and all the problems that came with them.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by BigB11(m): 11:11pm On Jan 02, 2011
Wow!
Unbelievable posts; typical examples of why we are here today and why we can not move forward.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by londoner: 11:11pm On Jan 02, 2011
How is it that these politicians have brainwashed Nigerians  being unable to chose anyone else but them to lead, even after they fail you time and time again?

Nigerians, you are the corrupt, selfish, thieving politicians dream, a people who lie down to be stamped on repeatedly.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by AndreUweh(m): 11:15pm On Jan 02, 2011
byrron:

Buhari will instil decipline quite sure but his economic policies is what i dnt knw abt all d same im nt his fan. Utomi all d way 4me
Buhari will instil barbaric discipline as he did in 1984.
Imagine jailing Ekwueme when the courts has declared that he (Ekwueme) left office poorer than before he became V.P.
Imagine him jailing M. Ajasin when the courts has declared him innocent.
After a very careful study, I realise that the most thing to happen to Nigeria is to elect GEJ as our president.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 02, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

Well Buhari in atitude i like him, but policies and monipulation i score him low. He is very strongman and mean no bussiness, the guy is lacking policies he is not good to head a government, likes of Buhari are to be giving a commission to head not entire government ( just like donkey in the Animal farm , i will work harder) Buhari dont have the quality of a democratic leader, he is just like a man with a big hammer any mistake is like a nail. A democratic government need a person who has many ears to listen and provide a various solution to a problem, If Daura man became a president  i will relocate to Cameroun.

100% correct. The man does not have the heart of a leader. He stubbornly believes he is the only one qualified to lead. He has failed in 2 elections and yet chooses to change party just to remain a candidate instead of supporting one of those who supported him in 2 elections.
The man is not a democrat. It is not all about him you know? He is just muscle and Noise, no brains at all.

You need to have an open mind to succeed and sometimes in life in the interest of a larger strategic common good you can see things you don't approve of and look the other way just to achieve that larger good. this is where Buhari will fail as a leader. He is just noise, not smart at all.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by 9ijaMan: 11:19pm On Jan 02, 2011
mikeansy:

I will give you just one of many reasons.

This man in 1983 criminally flouted the 1979 constitution existing at the time and ousted a democratically elected government. A move strange to the provisions of the existing constitution at the time.

Do you honestly believe that it sets a good precedent to middle ranking soldiers to have a history where a man who usurped democracy gets elected as President in the same country many years later?

Now please don't tell me the then Shagari Government was corrupt, because the current Government is even more corrupt. Hence if our current soldiers are as indisciplined as Buhari was and still is; they will end our current democracy and Buhari will not have the chance to insult our sensibilities in the name of running for elections.

To tell you the truth, I'll prefer a disciplined military government (any day and anytime) to a corrupt civilian government. We get brainwashed by western ideas and values and keep clamoring for democracy when in reality we are retrogressing. You reason as if these so call military guys are not Nigerians, as if they don't have blood running through their veins like the rest of us, as if they are some form of aliens who should be demonized because our warped western idea of democracy is the only way to national development. How much of democracy do you have in the middle east, yet that remains the only region in the world which has survived with the least damage the current economic downturn.

If I follow your logic, Nigeria can continue to waste away so long as we practice democracy even if we are sure of reversing these downward spiraling trend into a bottomless pit if a military government should be in place?

The fact remains that Buhari was upright, and I really don't care if he came in through the barrel of the gun or any other means. He's been tested and has shown he can deliver. Whether as the C-in-C or as the head of PTF, he delivered.

The last good government the known to my generation is that of the Buhari/Idiagbo regime. No one can take that away from Buhari regardless of how he got into power.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by desktop: 11:22pm On Jan 02, 2011
mikeansy:

100% correct. The man does not have the heart of a leader. He stubbornly believes he is the only one qualified to lead. He has failed in 2 elections and yet chooses to change party just to remain a candidate instead of supporting one of those who supported him in 2 elections.
The man is not a democrat. It is not all about him you know? He is just muscle and Noise, no brains at all.

You need to have an open mind to succeed and sometimes in life in the interest of a larger strategic common good you can see things you don't approve of and look the other way just to achieve that larger good. this is where Buhari will fail as a leader. He is just noise, not smart at all.
Gbam!
Gbam!
. . . and oh yeah, gbam!
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jan 02, 2011
9ijaMan:

To tell you the truth, I'll prefer a disciplined military government (any day and anytime) to a corrupt civilian government. We get brainwashed by western ideas and values and keep clamoring for democracy when in reality we are retrogressing. You reason as if these so call military guys are not Nigerians, as if they don't have blood running through their veins like the rest of us, as if they are some form of aliens who should be demonized because our warped western idea of democracy is the only way to national development. How much of democracy do you have in the middle east, yet that remains the only region in the world which has survived with the least damage the current economic downturn.

If I follow your logic, Nigeria can continue to waste away so long as we practice democracy even if we are sure of reversing these downward spiraling trend into a bottomless pit if a military government should be in place?

The fact remains that Buhari was upright, and I really don't care if he came in through the barrel of the gun or any other means. He's been tested and has shown he can deliver. Whether as the C-in-C or as the head of PTF, he delivered.

The last good government the known to my generation is that of the Buhari/Idiagbo regime. No one can take that away from Buhari regardless of how he got into power.

Then by all means advice Buhari to plot another coup and topple a democracy as that seems like what he knows how to do best. This debate is over. Buhari is unelectable in any country that wants to succeed as a democratic Nation.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by 9ijaMan: 11:24pm On Jan 02, 2011
mikeansy:

You cannot be any farther away from the truth with you statement above. It takes a good leader to annex the qualities of his subordinates to churn out good performance from a team. This is the quality all successive governments after him lacked. Abacha made Buahri head of PTF and the results are still available to date. When OBJ tried his bit when he used Okonjo Iweala  and the likes of Soludo, Ribadu et al we sand their praises. Good leaders always identify the strong points of thei team members and use them to achieve set goals.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by AndreUweh(m): 11:26pm On Jan 02, 2011
mikeansy:

Well done.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Depilot(m): 11:32pm On Jan 02, 2011
So guys, you honestly think Jonathan (=Obasanjo) or Atiku (=Babangida) will actually give us what we need to reshape our country?
If so, I'm starting to think that may be we deserve what politicians have been feeding us.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 02, 2011
9jaman

Let us not forget that we were in a Military type of leadership between 1983 - 1999.

I do not suppose we have forgotten so soon how ineffective such leadership can be and how such system of Government simply can not suit a complex diverse, and multicultural country like Nigeria.

My list of why Buhari is the worst candidate are endless and believe me he has no business running for elections in the first place. Till this day he has not had the courage to appologise to this country for plunging us into the sliding part of years and years of dictatorship.

If Shagari was left in power, what we are learning now as a democracy we would have learnt 20years ago. We are having to do things we should have done many years back because of Buhari's irresponsibility. So trust me I know what I am saying when I call him the worst candidate.

Forget the myths and check Buhari's real records.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Judge Threatens To Send Igp To Prison ! / Massob Respond To Tension In Onitsha / PDP Rally In Katsina: Supporters Chanting "Sai Buhari" Instead Of "Sai Jonathan"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.