Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,254 members, 7,836,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. (2338 Views)

Buhari May Swear In Ministers Wednesday / About The Post Of Senate President? We Dont Care!!! / Jonathan And Buhari May Hold Fence-Mending Meeting Outside The Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Depilot(m): 11:36pm On Jan 02, 2011
I honestly feel that our problem isn't the leaders, in my book our problem is Nigerians.

It isn't difficult to know that there will not be peace if either Jonathan or Atiku wins. May be it isn't a bad idea to start getting ready for America to take over at any time from now.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:40pm On Jan 02, 2011
mikeansy:

9jaman

Let us not forget that we were in a Military type of leadership between 1983 - 1999.

I do not suppose we have forgotten so soon how ineffective such leadership can be and how such system of Government simply can not suit a complex diverse, and multicultural country like Nigeria.

My list of why Buhari is the worst candidate are endless and believe me he has no business running for elections in the first place. Till this day he has not had the courage to appologise to this country for plunging us into the sliding part of years and years of dictatorship.

If Shagari was left in power, what we are learning now as a democracy we would have learnt 20years ago. We are having to do things we should have done many years back because of Buhari's irresponsibility. So trust me I know what I am saying when I call him the worst candidate.

Forget the myths and check Buhari's real records.
I kinda agree with the part of sliding us down this path. In my books Ribadu is the best option.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jan 02, 2011
Depilot:

I honestly feel that our problem isn't the leaders, in my book our problem is Nigerians.

It isn't difficult to know that there will not be peace if either Jonathan or Atiku wins. May be it isn't a bad idea to start getting ready for America to take over at any time from now.

Based on what records do you believe Buhari will be successful?

Its time to seperate the myths from the facts.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Abagworo(m): 11:45pm On Jan 02, 2011
The truth is that many people love the way Nigeria is moving backwards as long as their ethnic or regional member is the President.I think a revolution might hit Nigeria if PDP rigs election this year.With people like Bakare I believe in possibility of a total civil disorder if they rig out the peoples choice of Buhari.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Depilot(m): 11:49pm On Jan 02, 2011
ased on what records do you believe Buhari will be successful?

I'm not in a position to judge 'cos I do not know much in general, but common sense tells me that Jonathan will be a waste of time, while Atiku will still bring back trouble from the past.
In Nigeria, we need discipline more than anything else. I just feel that Obasanjo's gang and Babangida's gang must be disabled if we want to move forward in this country. And in my book the only person or the perfect person to get this done quickly without any hesitation is Buhari.
Let's face the fact, Ribadu will even bring more bagages from the past. May be Jonathan or Ribadu can take over later on, but cleaning up the mess on ground can not be done better than Buhari.

Sorry!
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Depilot(m): 12:06am On Jan 03, 2011
Furthermore, it will be impossible or a joke more than anything else if you think a civilian leader, who has never be in military (Jonathan) will be successful fooling or trying to disable former military leaders eg Obasanjo, Atiku, Babangida, David Mark, Gasau and others. From 1 or 2 things that I know, nobody else and definitely not Jonathan can disable any of these people.
And disabling them is very necessary to move this country forward.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Nobody: 12:53am On Jan 03, 2011
Offered nothing on Buhari's records, just more myths.

Anyways. Thanks for only proving what I always believed.

Most people who turn to Buhari usually do not have enough facts or specifics to back up their choice.

I mean no disrespect to you BTW.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Jakumo(m): 6:00am On Jan 03, 2011
Ayatollah lock-'em-up Buhari unequivocally demonstrated his utter contempt for all indexes of human rights and freedom the instant he grabbed power from a democratically elected Nigerian government by force of arms in the early 1980s.   Innocents by the score were herded into squalid dungeons, secret police informants infiltrated all levels of society, and Nigeria was subjected to one of the most profoundly evil and twisted reigns of terror ever visited on an African state in modern history.

Decades after being booted from power and into well-deserved obscurity, Ayatollah Buhari embarked on a sustained publicity campaign that sought to forcibly impose the blood-thirsty tennets of Islamic Sharia amputation law on Africa's most populous nation, precisely at the time when the civilized world had begun to realize the true magnitude of sadism and mass murder that is routinely perpetrated in the name of Islam.

Mr. Buhari, as a presidential candidate in Nigeria's upcoming election, constitutes a clear, present and growing danger to the civilised world, and the West African subregion in particular.  The CIA would do the world a great pre-emptive favor in quickly and finally terminating that malignant torturer and religious fundamentalist Buhari, BEFORE he commences to utilise the wealth he embezzled during his dictatorship for the purpose of trying to rig himself into any position of elected leadership in Nigeria.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by jamace(m): 1:30pm On Jan 03, 2011
I will say it the umpteenth time that  Buhari era is past. The force which he used during the military era is no longer possible. Buhari should stop basking in the euphoria of military autocracy and come to reality of democracy. I put it to Buhari that even as military leader, he was a weakling. I stand to remind him again that Idiagbon ( May his soul RIP), his deputy, was the strength of his regime. Even IBB who swept Buhari out of office will attest that he dreaded Idiagbon more than Buhari. And this explains why IBB struck when Idiagbon was out of the country for lesser Hajj.

Meanwhile, OP, I know you to be the key supporter and spokesperson for, "IBB must be President come 2011", why are you singing a new tune here? The last time I checked, IBB promised to give his support to ATIKU after  IBB was humiliated by his sturbornness, do -or -die quest, for power and you were supposed to be in IBB camp. Whatz up? grin
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by babygirl22(f): 1:56pm On Jan 03, 2011
first of all buhari wld go after ibb for grudges held in d past

y is it during jonathan s time all dis bombings started jonathan cant even lead a country he cant even keep is mouth shut  even to some certain people , how wld u president discuss internal problems of your country to foreigners, he doesnt take desicions on his own, he dont av advisers,  so many things , i cant even mention ,
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 03, 2011
@Big B1:

Let us be smart and be true to ourselves for a change.
From what I've seen and experienced, I hate to put it out to you that our problems are not economic policies; our problems are simply:
1. Poor leadership
2. Corruption and
3. Unlawfulness

And if we do not elect a disciplined leader, who will enforce our weak laws, who can not be intimidated by other thieves and who isn't scared to sincerely fight corruption, nothing will work in Nigeria for the rest of our lives; it's that simple.

MY RESPONCE TO WHAT U JUST SAID IS THIS:

@Abu-Maryam: Well Buhari in atitude i like him, but policies and monipulation i score him low. He is very strongman and mean no bussiness, the guy is lacking policies he is not good to head a government, likes of Buhari are to be giving a commission to head not entire government ( just like donkey in the Animal farm , i will work harder) Buhari dont have the quality of a democratic leader, he is just like a man with a big hammer any mistake is like a nail. A democratic government need a person who has many ears to listen and provide a various solution to a problem
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by hercules07: 2:57pm On Jan 03, 2011
@Mikeansy

If you need the Economic policies of Buhari, read Sanusi's article on what Buhari did while in Government ( Jarus can provide the links). Buhari was a military man who has decided to contest democratically, he was not the first to plot a coup, coups were rife in the 80s because of the situations then. I believe we need a man like Buhari or Ribadu (More Buhari than Ribadu for me) to build institutions, others can refine the institutions after he leaves.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Solomon227(m): 3:28pm On Jan 03, 2011
Big B1: The Devil's agent testing water 4 d Boss. Watch out guys IBB next move will be to start sending unsolicited funds to Buhari's campaign to secure his future protection. IBB has been watching, closely, as events unfold and must have envisaged d possibility of Buhari' and ACN' accord winning. I hope if Buhari or Ribadu is winning none will be taking anything from IBB D DEMON!

Away from the 4gotten Evil-IBB.

GEJ (fairly or otherwise) will pick PDP ticket and we will be presented with GEJ, Buhari and Ribadu's options. Unfortunately, Ribadu (with his own lapses) is my first choice anyday anytime but he stands d least chances, circumstantially, among the 3 contestants.
Ribadu's fans are understandably educated youths tired of d systemic rots in the polity  but they are just less than 10% of d Naija voting population. Buhari on d other hand controls an incredible grassroot supports across the entire length of the Northern half of Naija. There is a clear indication that a deal is going to be struck with ACN very soon which means Ribadu forced to support Buhari or decamp to another party to contest.

Like most posters, I have reservations for Buhari. Most reservations about Buhari bother on his flexibilities to accommodate other beliefs, ideas, and in fact  religion. But we have found ourselves in a situation where we only hav to choose d least evil. And d way things are looking we either vote in Buhari (to add up to norther votes) or allow GEJ to continue.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 03, 2011
Abagworo:

The truth is that many people love the way Nigeria is moving backwards as long as their ethnic or regional member is the President.I think a revolution might hit Nigeria if PDP rigs election this year.With people like Bakare I believe in possibility of a total civil disorder if they rig out the peoples choice of Buhari.
Your family and village choice perharps.We saw him during his time as head of state,he was a mere figure head while Idiagbon was the man,ditto with when he was in charge of PTF.I beg no more Old man wey go die soon
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 03, 2011
Solomon227:

Big B1: The Devil's agent testing water 4 d Boss. Watch out guys IBB next move will be to start sending unsolicited funds to Buhari's campaign to secure his future protection. IBB has been watching, closely, as events unfold and must have envisaged d possibility of Buhari' and ACN' accord winning. I hope if Buhari or Ribadu is winning none will be taking anything from IBB D DEMON!

Away from the 4gotten Evil-IBB.

GEJ (fairly or otherwise) will pick PDP ticket and we will be presented with GEJ, Buhari and Ribadu's options. Unfortunately, Ribadu (with his own lapses) is my first choice anyday anytime but he stands d least chances, circumstantially, among the 3 contestants.
Ribadu's fans are understandably educated youths tired of d systemic rots in the polity  but they are just less than 10% of d Naija voting population. Buhari on d other hand controls an incredible grassroot supports across the entire length of the Northern half of Naija. There is a clear indication that a deal is going to be struck with ACN very soon which means Ribadu forced to support Buhari or decamp to another party to contest.

Like most posters, I have reservations for Buhari. Most reservations about Buhari bother on his flexibilities to accommodate other believes, ideas, and in fact  religion. But we have found ourselves in a situation where we only hav to choose d least evil. And d way things are looking we either vote in Buhari (to add up to norther votes) or allow GEJ to continue.
Good talk my brother.The least devil is GEJ, GEJ carry go!!!!
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by 9ijaMan: 4:38pm On Jan 03, 2011
mikeansy:

Based on what records do you believe Buhari will be successful?

Apologies for not responding to your comment above until now. It was well past midnite here and I had to go to bed in prep for work in the morning. Back to the topic: Below are a few articles elucidating Buhari's achievement while in government:

http://www.elombah.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4464:why-i-will-vote-for-buhari-lamido-sanusi&catid=57:sanusi-lamido-sanusi&Itemid=79

http://news.nigeriang.com/news/buhari-the-idea-and-its-snags/3067/

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/barticles/buharism_beyond_buhari.htm

Besides the comments made by the distinguished scholar and current CBN governor, here are some achievements of Buhari as a leader:

The last time Nigerians had the word discipline in their books was during his regime: People queued, just like in any developed and civilized nation, to board publc transport. Civil servants were always at work on time and they discharged their duties diligently. Today teachers hardly go to class, and when they do, it's to sell clothes and shoes to their colleagues! Same thing goes for civil servants in practically all the parastatals in the country.

The few provisions we have to date in most (perhaps all) general hospitals today were funded by PTF when Buhari held sway. Abacha's government may have been a dark part of Nigeria's history, Buhari was perhaps the only shining star when he led PTF. Obj came in and scrapped PTF 'cos he doesn't want a parallel government. In almost 12 years of democratic rule can you please identify any major achievement in terms of provision of social amenities as compared to what PTF did in less than 4 years?

As I've mentioned earlier, I do not have any problem with how we govern ourselves in Nigeria, all I'm concerned about is that we have good governance. There is no where in the world where you can categorically state that Democracy is a recipe for national growth! If it has worked for some western countries, it dow not necessarily mean it'll work for us!
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On Jan 03, 2011
hercules07:

@Mikeansy

If you need the Economic policies of Buhari, read Sanusi's article on what Buhari did while in Government ( Jarus can provide the links). Buhari was a military man who has decided to contest democratically, he was not the first to plot a coup, coups were rife in the 80s because of the situations then. I believe we need a man like Buhari or Ribadu (More Buhari than Ribadu for me) to build institutions, others can refine the institutions after he leaves.

We certainly do not need another novice  in office!
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Depilot(m): 5:51pm On Jan 03, 2011
Look guys, this discussion is very simple and it should be left this way.
I do not think Buhari is a perfect leader or Nigerian. The big question is, what is mostly missing in our lives in Nigeria today? Answer is discipline.
Who can bring discipline back? Answer is Buhari.
Why?
Answer is, Buhari or Buhari's administration has
proven to us that discipline is the number 1 priority to achieve anything in Nigeria.

So, why create all these unnecessary complications?
God knows that sometimes I honestly feel that we deserve all these terrible treatments we are getting from our leaders.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Depilot(m): 6:15pm On Jan 03, 2011
You guys have been Bleep@d by these leaders for many years, ain't you sore?
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by 9ijaMan: 6:33pm On Jan 03, 2011
Depilot:

You guys have been bleep@d by these leaders for many years, ain't you sore?
In fact I'm bleeding! grin
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Jan 03, 2011
Ozin:

Your family and village choice perharps.We saw him during his time as head of state,he was a mere figure head while Idiagbon was the man,ditto with when he was in charge of PTF.I beg no more Old man wey go die soon

I have posed this before but instead been given the slip each time. Let me set you it up for you again. Let's assume for a minute that Buhari was, during those 20 months (almost 2 years) a mere figurehead. How many Presidents, both past and present, would have or have stepped aside for a more knowledgeable VP, or anyone else who has better understanding and solutions, to take over the wheels and drive the nation to success[b][size=14pt]?[/size][/b]
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Depilot(m): 7:46pm On Jan 03, 2011
The key is, Atiku is affiliated to Babangida.
Goodluck is affiliated to Obasanjo.
Buhari is affiliated to Nigeria.
Once again, Buhari is not a perfect leader, but one thing is certain, unlike other candidates he will bring a real change to the rubbish we've been experiencing for over 30 years and will restore the dignity, pride and respect of this great country very quickly.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by jamace(m): 9:09pm On Jan 03, 2011
Once again, Buhari is not a perfect leader, but one thing is certain, unlike other candidates he will bring a real change to the rubbish we've been experiencing for over 30 years and will restore the dignity, pride and respect of this great country very quickly.

You people praising Buhari have not taken the types of government into consideration. Military rule can be a one man show where your words and actions are not questioned, so you can achieve if you have the will. But democracy is like a tripod stand. Each of the 3 legs are as powerful as the others. Can Buhari as a leg be more powerful than the other 2 legs? Definately it can't be a yes. If no, then he can not perform. His mentality will be frustrated.

I bet you Buhari will be so frustrated in a democracy that he might end up committing suicide.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Ivynwa(f): 9:29pm On Jan 03, 2011
Do we have to keep recycling these same set of people as if we Nigerians do not have able men and even women that can lead us with clean hands. How about when time moves and those generation of politicians are no more around should we live leaderless.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Kobojunkie: 9:34pm On Jan 03, 2011
Where are the able men and women you speak of? undecided undecided
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Beaf: 9:47pm On Jan 03, 2011
No coup plotting bastar'd will ever rule this country again. cool
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Ivynwa(f): 9:58pm On Jan 03, 2011
There are people who have contributed to eradicating corruption like Ribadu and Dora. None is perfect but we at least know these ones have conscience. There are thousands unknown Nigerians that can fit into the shoe of the president very well, that they are not making noise all over the place and are not known by all is not enough reason for them not to rule.
I have always thought that Soyinka will make a great president but he seem not to be interested in that and agewise, I don't know whether he has retired or something. Great pips abound in Nigeria, let us stop this mumu zoning thing and find a great person whose heart is open to all tribes to man that seat. I am tired of us going round the circle with the politicians of the past, what can they do for us if not continue the looting where they stopped.
The best is still for Nigeria to be split up into 4 or 5 countries (with one of the countries allocated to moslems alone so that they will happily have themselves to themselves without them having to mingle with christians and getting annoyed to the point of murders at the sight of christians) and  christians themselves can live their lives peacefully while we are it at least the radical extremists moslem ones will get enough space to do that extremist thing to their heart's fill, abi? That way each country can work hard at making a good country out of theirs and resources can reach everybody. I don't even know what I have benefitted from Nigeria as my country apart from our culture that I got imbibed with because everything my parents used to rear me got paid for. Better organised countries are enjoying free education, free health facilities etc and we are all packed and stuck up on one another in one big country that doesn't really care to our needs. What's the sense? Can't see any!
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Solomon227(m): 11:50pm On Jan 03, 2011
Depilot:

I still cant believe diz same Depilot dat will defend any act of corruption on NL wit his/her live is now "unsupporting" Atiku (d most corrupt of the leading contestants). I am not buying your poo yet bcause u might just be one of IBB's foot-soldjas (on a plan-B) infiltrating our discuss to secure IBB's freedom from future probes.
Ivynwa:

Do we have to keep recycling these same set of people as if we Nigerians do not have able men and even women that can lead us with clean hands. How about when time moves and those generation of politicians are no more around should we live leaderless.

Your question is a very expensive 1 ooo. Wetin we wan do na? We can only vote for people who ave come out to contest now and 4 now it seems only 3 are leading contenders and we are weighing their strengths and weaknesses. On a lighter side our case is not a totally hopeless 1 compared to US for instance. Senator McCain was Buharis age-mate when he contested with 47 yr-old Obama. Like Buhari, McCain has served his nation military for years before becoming his state's senator.  Left to pick from GEJ, Buhari and Ribadu we can only judge them by what they have done in the past in discharging duties assigned to them. If Buhari's health is sound, nobody should use his age as a discrimination against him. Afterall an ageing performing President is 100 folds better than a young, educated but disappointing Bankole.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Kobojunkie: 11:58pm On Jan 03, 2011
Ivynwa:

There are people who have contributed to eradicating corruption like Ribadu and Dora. None is perfect but we at least know these ones have conscience. There are thousands unknown Nigerians that can fit into the shoe of the president very well, that they are not making noise all over the place and are not known by all is not enough reason for them not to rule.
You ruin your whole sch-peel there when you insert into this information on people, you have no info on. Ribadu’s record as EFCC head shows he selectively went after those whom the powers that be wanted him to go after. Yes, to an extent he actually did work to help curb corruption but no, I doubt on can unequivocally declare him not part of the problem at this point. We are yet to learn the particulars of why exactly he only went after some but not all of the criminals, even the obvious ones.
Dora, on the other hand did not work to eradicate corruption – I am not sure where you get this from. Her last few years actually working as a member of our government has revealed she is no different from those we have up there today. And her conduct during the last Ekiti Election definition declares her part of the circle we want to avoid.

So, we are probably still with the same question. Where are the men and women you speak of? Why are they not making enough noise for us to notice em?
Ivynwa:

I have always thought that Soyinka will make a great president but he seem not to be interested in that and agewise, I don't know whether he has retired or something.
Well, Soyinka already tried his hands at government and he packed up and left when he realized he did not have what it took to make a great leader. Yes, I understand there are great people out there but the question remains, where are they?

Ivynwa:

Great pips abound in Nigeria, let us stop this mumu zoning thing and find a great person whose heart is open to all tribes to man that seat. I am tired of us going round the circle with the politicians of the past, what can they do for us if not continue the looting where they stopped.
The best is still for Nigeria to be split up into 4 or 5 countries (with one of the countries allocated to moslems alone so that they will happily have themselves to themselves without them having to mingle with christians and getting annoyed to the point of murders at the sight of christians) and christians themselves can live their lives peacefully while we are it at least the radical extremists moslem ones will get enough space to do that extremist thing to their heart's fill, abi? That way each country can work hard at making a good country out of theirs and resources can reach everybody. I don't even know what I have benefitted from Nigeria as my country apart from our culture that I got imbibed with because everything my parents used to rear me got paid for. Better organised countries are enjoying free education, free health facilities etc and we are all packed and stuck up on one another in one big country that doesn't really care to our needs. What's the sense? Can't see any!

I am also tired of recycling but not until we get these great leaders will we actually put an end to the recycling. Until we get our great men and women, we are probably best using what is available to get what we want.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Ivynwa(f): 1:19am On Jan 04, 2011
Did somebody say that Buhari is sick? I didn't know about that and never talked down on his age or sickness, or any politicians age. I can't be found doing that at all. May God or Allah (whichever one Buhari believes in) heal him.

You mean Ribadu is contesting too? I didn't even know that (I did lose interest in politics with this zoning/tribalistic politics). I was just mentioning names, Oga Kobojunkie even you yourself agreed that Ribadu eradicated corruption some.

Kobobaby I don't do argument much more political argument. No , I don't but do know that that woman Dora has fought a great war against fake drugs in Nigeria which is a dangerous branch of corruption that has killed many. She fought that to the detriment of her life as known Pharmacists, drug sellers even tried to kill her and shot at her. She miraculously escaped that, somebody that has laid down her life to stamp out such wickedness and evil has a conscience, somebody that has worked like Ribadu (who also tasted bitter waters at the hands of the corrupt ones) has a conscience and that is what I am talking about.

Note that I am not campaigning for Ribadu, we Nigerians have suffered enough to decide for ourselves, we don't need to have people dangling themselves in front of our eyes to vote them for them to pack all the resources and store for themselves and their children's children and buy houses, properties etc for women that catches their fancies when a Nigerian child can't afford free education.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Kobojunkie: 1:36am On Jan 04, 2011
Ivynwa:

Did somebody say that Buhari is sick? I didn't know about that and never talked down on his age or sickness, or any politicians age. I can't be found doing that at all. May God or Allah (whichever one he believes Buhari in) heal him.
He is not sick!

Ivynwa:

You mean Ribadu is contesting too? I didn't even know that (I did lose interest in politics with this zoning/tribalisttic politics). I was just mentioning names, Oga Kobojunkie even you yourself agreed that Ribadu eradicated corruption some.
Nope . . I simply posited that he could probably fit the bill more than Dora could ever dream of. Again, Ribadu went after most of Obasanjo’s enemies, and he has only recently gone back on some of those. He recently announced that there was never a case against Patience Goodluck, and he also declared Tinubu clean. How?

Ivynwa:

Kobobaby I don't do argument much more political argument. No , I don't but do know that that woman Dora has fought a great war against fake drugs in Nigeria which is a dangerous branch of corruption that has killed many. She fought that to the detriment of her life as known Pharmacists, drug sellers even tried to kill her and shot at her. She miraculously escaped that, somebody that has laid down her life to stamp out such wickedness and evil has a conscience, somebody that has worked like Ribadu (who also tasted bitter waters at the hands of the corrupt ones) has a conscience and that is what I am talking about.
In the last two years, that same woman has helped prop up a very unpopular government, spent billions of Nigeria’s money on futile projects(nothing to show to date on any of her endeavors in the past two years), and she helped cover up for some of the corrupt beings we have in the country. I am sorry to say but people change and you and I know that it happens to even the best of us out there. Going on past glory, we could easily declare Obasanjo a saint but I am sure you know why there is a reason why it is best to judge the future by the records of the present more often than records past.

Ivynwa:

Note that I am not campaigning for Ribadu, we Nigerians have suffered enough to decide for ourselves, we don't need to have people dangling themselves in front of our eyes to vote them for them to pack all the resources and store for themselves and their children's children and buy houses, properties etc for women that catches their fancies when a Nigerian child can't afford free education.
I agree with you that we have suffered, but in suffering we also need to wise up to what is going on and learn to use what is available to get to where we need to be. We cannot say because no NEW blood is out there, then we should throw our hands in the air, and let the crooks continue to play ball with us.

I am one of the first people on nairaland to declare intentions to vote for Buhari (probably from back in May/June of last year or even before then), and I am well aware of the fact that he is from our past. He is not a super candidate, nor is he the newest or best. He is however appears to be, what I consider) our best hand (I don’t know if you play poker) in this round of the game.
One thing is for sure is, if we want to win this game eventually, we need to play what we have and I believe what we have working for us now is the division that possibly will exist between Buhari and the PDP.
Re: Buhari May Just Be The Perfect President We Need In Nigeria At This Time. by Ivynwa(f): 2:05am On Jan 04, 2011
Okay Baby, thank goodness that Buhari is not sick.
You seem to have a good head for politics dear, too much politicking(especially the cobwebs that fills the politics of Nigeria) gives moi headache so I gotta leave you guys at it. Chat with you later okay.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Govt Declares 24-hour Curfew In Kano After Suicide Blast, Explosions / Why Do People Reject The New ₦100 Note? / #passion For #change. ::::photo Essay::::

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.