Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata (67972 Views)

FUOYE Killings: Bisi Fayemi's 'Persona Non-Grata' Order Lifted, NANS Appologises / 2019: Akwa Ibom State Government Declares A Three-day State Fasting / Nigerian Government Declares Tuesday Public Holiday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 09, 2020
smeag0l:
There is oil in offshore lagos. Just before the republic of benin.

How many litres?
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by smeag0l(m): 8:23am On Apr 09, 2020
I've answered that.
MelesZenawi:

How many litres?
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by frankson1(m): 8:24am On Apr 09, 2020
toblosky:
But Wike is a tout, what exactly will you do to a tout? Before he was a elected ,we knew he is a tout and that is what we needed at that moment.Let me know what exactly the federal government will do to the chief security officer of a state

Who provides him with the security?

This thing is simple. If the airline operators provided documents giving them approval to fly, the most the governor could have done was to isolate them and release them afterwards. Now he said that he got a credible intelligence report that those workers are carriers of the coronavirus. He should continue.

Good morning
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 09, 2020
smeag0l:
I've answered that.
Location is not litres.
How many lb of oil and how many cu.ft of gas?
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by smeag0l(m): 8:28am On Apr 09, 2020
I mentioned that some minutes ago on this thread. 12,000 barrels per day of crude oil with a potential to increase to 25000 barrels per day when additional processing facilities are installed.
MelesZenawi:

Location is not litres.

How many lb of oil and how many cu.ft of gas?
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Crimsoneagle: 8:29am On Apr 09, 2020
michlins:
according to the land use act of Nigeria, the federal government owns all land and leaves it in trust of the states. Wike is a care taker. Buhari is the landlord
according to which land use act of which year... Oga go and read b4 yarning opata
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 09, 2020
smeag0l:
I mentioned that some minutes ago on this thread. 12,000 barrels per day of crude oil with a potential to increase to 25000 barrels per day when additional processing facilities are installed.

12000bpd in Lagos State?
Clap for yourself.

All those wildcat Wells in Lagos State na just scam. They are producing nothing...there

Audio 12000...bpd
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Ruby5: 8:36am On Apr 09, 2020
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Reference(m): 8:38am On Apr 09, 2020
When the WHO said TEST! TEST! TEST! for us in Nigeria this meant more than Covid 19.

Everything in Nigeria is being tested....from the Constitution, governance, civil society, the economy and right down to the nerve and moral fibre of the average Nigerian. Everyone is under incredible pressure. I just fear for this country.

I believe Wike has no right to march into a Federal Goverment facility to arrest anyone if that is what he did. His border with the airport which is a facility guarded by the exclusive list lies at the gates.

That is where he should mount his checks and enforce his laws. He should simply prevent them from driving on the streets of Portharcourt. They can conduct their 'Federal business' at the airport and fly back.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Mrpojj(m): 8:42am On Apr 09, 2020
michlins:
please eh guys. Let's assume Buhari orders the IG of police to withdraw the security attached to the person of Wike, wetin una fit do from the comfort of your keyboard and phones. What if Buhari decides to stop the flow of allocation to Rivers State, wetin una go do? What if he decides to militarize the street of Rivers State and orders everyone including the governor to stay indoors, what will you folks do?

All wat ifs
You tink sey na military era we dey ABI?
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 09, 2020
michlins:
you guys are funny. These people were licensed to operate in Nigeria by the federal government. They are not just backed by the federal government but also the constitution. They pay taxes to the federal government and Rivers State collects hers too which makes Rivers a partner. They can sue Rivers State and collect billions in damages. They are provisioned to operate in a time like this. Air Peace have been flying and landing in Lagos and never had sanwo tried to meddle. You might say Air Peace brings critical materials for the fight against the pandemic but those things won't pay for themselves. Caverton services is needed to ensure that we generate the funds
Let me educate you a little… There is difference between Flying and Landing. A Nigeria airplane can fly through Ghana airspace to land in Ivory coast but must take permission if it intends to land in Ghana for maybe lets refuelling.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by smeag0l(m): 8:46am On Apr 09, 2020
I dont have to argue further with you on this since you dont work in the industry.
MelesZenawi:

12000bpd in Lagos State?
Clap for yourself.

All those wildcat Wells in Lagos State na just scam. They are producing nothing...there

Audio 12000...bpd
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 09, 2020

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Yebosola(m): 9:01am On Apr 09, 2020
Kenplay:
See ehn….The truth of the matter is that the Company mess up. When Wike confronted them they should have use pleading and diplomacy to calm things.

BUT instead they wanted to flex muscle with Abuja connection. At the end the company will lose because if things escalate River state will be too hot for them to operate their business.

Knowing when to apply wisdom is wisdom itself.

Turning Wike to tin god will affect his profile in future, after been Governor, what next? Behaving like tout, raise a false alarm is his stock in trade,except he want to remain a local champion for the rest of his life
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by chronique(m): 9:01am On Apr 09, 2020
guy222:
no mind them, they dont know that the federal government can stop rivers state allocation as a result of this single act and nothing i repeat nothing will happen

And when militants go back to the creeks to disrupt oil exploration, will there be any allocation to share? Some of you just talk like you guys usually forget your brains inside your pocket when speaking. This issue is something we all as citizens should be encouraging both Federal govt and rivers state govt to resolve amicably, and not typing to support one arm of govt or the other. The world is already in recession and Nigeria doesn't need any more problems than what we already have.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 09, 2020
smeag0l:
I dont have to argue further with you on this since you dont work in the industry.

You don't even sound like someone with any pre- knowledge of the oil and gas industry.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by bizzibodi(m): 9:05am On Apr 09, 2020
Patode:
Caverton flew passengers from Forcados , to Port Harcourt. Now, Forcados is in Delta (a closed state) and PortHarcourt is in Rivers (a closed state). These passengers will arrive Port Harcourt, and spread into the State. What part of this isolation/quarantine do we not understand?
Where those passengers not flown frm ph to forcados in d 1st place?look covid-19 prevention guidelines are strictly follow in offshore FLB than in PH environs.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by bizzibodi(m): 9:29am On Apr 09, 2020
Wike need a lot of apologies to tender to d people of rivers state & federal government.
1.He need to apologise & compensate d rivers pple he arrested & jail over confusing dust to dawn curfew.
2.He need to apologise to d local government chairmen he sacked,he has no such power.
3.He need to apologise to rivers people for opening markets for 12hrs without 1st sanitizing d mkts& pple deliberately making violating d social distancing possible in an evil attempt to increase d covid-19 cases so as to justified his request for #10b frm fed.government.
4.He need to apologise for d restrictions with any palliatives.
5.He need to apologise for looking d other way while bribe-taken policemen allowed travellers to enter d state via d borders in an attempt to increase corona virus case.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Nobody: 9:42am On Apr 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:

12000bpd in Lagos State?
Clap for yourself.

Audio 12000...bpd

Firstly, I just came here briefly this morning and opened the last page on the thread. You asked question thrice about oil in Lagos, which shows you are very uninformed and cannot even do little research before coming online. Are you a local trader at Ariara market or Onitsha main market? I believe only local trader at such market will be asking such question on elementary matter such as crude oil in Lagos. When you are given the basic statistics, you said it is a lie, why asking question when you don't want to learn?

You are not an Ijaw or Ogoni or pure Ikwerre man. Alhaji (Asari Dokubo) and HRH Tom Atake are well informed.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by OutharryHIV: 9:43am On Apr 09, 2020
Hedonisst:
This is a poorly written/edited statement. Simeon Nwakaudu should be relieved of his duties because he is clearly incompetent. He was probably in one beer parlour and was ordered to write a statement at short notice, in spite of his inebriation.

The quality of 'short notice' outputs indicates competence, or the lack thereof. The use of the word 'hilarious' in the statement is stupid.

I'm embarrassed on the Rivers State Government's behalf. "never bordered" indeed.
Are you that good at writing statements and being a publicist officer??
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 09, 2020
babaolofin:

Firstly, I just came here briefly this morning and opened the last page on the thread. You asked question thrice about oil in Lagos, which shows you are very uninformed and cannot even do little research before coming online. Are you a local trader at Ariara market or Onitsha main market? I believe only local trader at such market will be asking such question on elementary matter such as crude oil in Lagos. When you are given the basic statistics, you said it is a lie, why asking question when you don't want to learn?

You are not an Ijaw or Ogoni or pure Ikwerre man. Alhaji (Asari Dokubo) and Tom are well informed.

How does this answer my question Yoruba man. You said there is oil in Lagos but won't allow the ones over here to rest.

You guys are simply liability to many people financial freedom.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by DrMuzungu(m): 9:58am On Apr 09, 2020
poshestmina:

Wike is the Governor and Chief Security Officer of Rivers State and so can, should and has done the right thing to protect his territory.
What exactly was the mission of the helicopter and who were the passengers?
Their Sinister , unknown mission is highly suspicious.
Why does Lagos State government have right to arrest and prosecute Funke Akindele etc for breaking the Lockdown Regulations and Rivers State government can't arrest and prosecute people for same offences?
SMH undecided
What business is more important than the health of Rivers State people at this particular point in time?
Wike has done well and we are in support of it.
Everybody stay in your state till all of this is over ,it's not that hard!!!!.

Really? So Caverton staff are all guilty until proven innocent? That is how your bully government works. Bunch of touts, especially in Port Harcourt.

Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by onegentleguy: 10:08am On Apr 09, 2020
onegentleguy:
There's absolutely NO need for anyone to get all worked up over this issue.
...it will be sorted out in no time.
This fight is like that between an elephant and a zebra. wink cheesy grin

Was laughing in Swahili while reading through some post here !! grin grin grin

CAVERTON' zonal office in PH(which is their main operational base in the state) is located right inside the Nigerian Airforce Base.
Which local gov't chairman will dare to go near there?
...who's got the balls !!

The pivotal thing is that CAVERTON had the requisite licence to operate. ...even at this time.(covid-19 in view)
...and that that licence was duly granted to it by the FG, who by all LAWs governing the Nigerian state controls the Airspace.
This is also in tandem with airspace best management practices accross the globe.

CAVERTON is more like an indirect Federal Govt contractor.(it even plays direct roles sometimes)
...and so their services are often needed by companies in the oil & gas sector that support cashflow generation for the country, from where every state, including Rivers(where Wike is gov) gets funds via state allocations.
Nigeria rely heavily on earnings from the oil & gas sector, hence the need to allow the likes of CAVERTON and a few others operate at this time.
...so he(wike) can't stop them from operating in the state.
By the way, CAVERTON also operates in other states like Lagos, warri in Delta state, and the Govs there haven't acted out this way.
Well, it looks like the Shell I.A(industrial area) office, also in Port Harcourt is still currently operational. Issue was with the NAF Base office.

Anyway, the Gov(Wike) is just looking for settlement m***y. wink cheesy grin
A few days ago, this same Gov complained of not getting enough covid-19 relief(N10B) like Lagos from the FG. ...but probably forgot that coys like CAVERTON are a crucial part of the players that can help the FG deliver such reliefs.

Gov Wike's actual problem is with the FG, not CAVERTON !!
CAVERTON is merely been used as "a cat's paw" to see if he can get what he wants.
We already have a hint of what's playing out.
The matter is just a minor one. ...it will be sorted out in earnest !!

If u are an investor(shareholder) in CAVERTON, Just HOLD on to ur stock and be overprotective of it. ...in fact, ACCUMULATE more if u can.
It will pay to do so !!

It is well.

BREAKING NEWS !!

All Nigerian air flight operators have threatened to shut down all operations(to and fro) in Rivers State if the Govt fails to immediately release the 2 pilots from CAVERTON that were arrested 2 days ago.

They said their members in operation were fully certified to operate at this time.

...details to follow.

Rivers state will even feel the heat much more than anyone else !!
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Evince(m): 10:08am On Apr 09, 2020
Macphenson:

Point of correction, Wike took them to court for prosecution, he did not kill anybody, I wonder why you have to compare this scenario with police killing.

Caverton Helicopters goofed trying to flex muscle with a state government where it's doing business, because it feels it has few phone numbers of those in Abuja.

That's not a smart business move. Wike as the state governor will wreck that business for them to flex muscle with him, and Caverton competitors will take over River State market.
I didn't say he killed anyone. I am just letting u know the dramatic displays with which our leaders and forces are displaying in the guise of protecting us. The police killing happened in warri and cross river. His actions are harsh my dear. Let's not forget it is war against microbs and macrobs
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by HopeAtHand: 10:09am On Apr 09, 2020
smeag0l:
Lagos has the capacity to produce 25,000 barrels per day of crude oil. This discovery was made in 2016 by yinka folawiyo petroleum limited around the Badagry area.production was planned to start early this year after 3-4 years of field development.

Chai, it's a shame. Tut they were actually in production. So since 2015 they claimed to have oil, it's still hovering in the fragments of imagination.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by goziem1982(m): 10:13am On Apr 09, 2020
please when the powers that be comes hard on Wike, don't claim marginalization. There are
exclusive lists which Wike have no power to control. This guy is just power drunk and we all know how Buhari can disregard rule of law when he wants to discipline someone. Ask NK,ask
Don't write just because you want to write,write sensibly
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 09, 2020
MelesZenawi:

How does this answer my question Yoruba man. You said there is oil in Lagos but won't allow the ones over here to rest.

You guys are simply liability to many people financial freedom.

You asked foolish questions, only fool argue with a fool because if a sage discusses with a fool people will not understand the difference. It takes only the deep to understand the deep. You can't comprehend the answer he gave to you.

You talk about financial liability, is that not a foolish statement. I blamed the Ijaws and Ogoni people that allow you to hide under Ikwerre to undermine them. This is one of the reasons Major Isaac Adaka Boro declared Niger Delta Republic in the 60s.

You talk about financial liability, what is the percentage of financial transactions local and international that is generated in Lagos or South West compared to your village? In telecommunications, about 70% of traffic (INBOUND & OUTBOUND) takes place on switches located here, the West Africa Market is here. The Niger Delta people have told you they are not together with you. You are the people causing problem in the South. You never allow unity in the South.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Macphenson: 10:16am On Apr 09, 2020
Evince:
I didn't say he killed anyone. I am just letting u know the dramatic displays with which our leaders and forces are displaying in the guise of protecting us. The police killing happened in warri and cross river. His actions are harsh my dear. Let's not forget it is war against microbs and macrobs

The first mistake you made was comparing the both scenarios , there are totally different.

Wike remains the chief security officer of the state , has a legal and constitutional responsibility to protect the people of Rivers state.

Caverton helicopters goofed big Time trying to flex muscles with the state governor because they have few phone numbers if people in Abuja, they would have cooperated with the state government, and found a way to reach and appeal to him, Wike will so frustrate their business in Rivers state, and there's nothing those in Abuja will do about it.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 09, 2020
babaolofin:

You asked foolish questions, only fool argue with a fool because if a sage discusses with a fool people will not understand the difference. It takes only the deep to understand the deep. You can't comprehend the answer he gave to you.

You talk about financial liability, is that not a foolish statement. I blamed the Ijaws and Ogoni people that allow you to hide under Ikwerre to undermine them. This is one of the reasons Major Isaac Adaka Boro declared Niger Delta Republic in the 60s.

You talk about financial liability, what is the percentage of financial transactions local and international that is generated in Lagos or South West compared to your village? In telecommunications, about 70% of traffic (INBOUND & OUTBOUND) takes place on switches located here, the West Africa Market is here. The Niger Delta people have told you they are not together with you. You are the people causing problem in the South. You never allow unity in the South.

Go to Ijaw and Ogoni call meeting and tell them we are undermining them and as a Yoruba man that you want to help them by over-mining them ....Lol .

Talk of Lagos, how many structures do you guys have there?

which other SW state please this man..

I repeat you guys are just liability in Nigeria and greater liability to many people financial freedom and development of their lands.
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Philinho(m): 10:44am On Apr 09, 2020
michlins:
please when the powers that be comes hard on Wike, don't claim marginalization. There are exclusive lists which Wike have no power to control. This guy is just power drunk and we all know how Buhari can disregard rule of law when he wants to discipline someone. Ask NK,ask dasuki
Exclusive list is now suffering "exclusion" .
In a difficult time like this, d FG should've liaise with the State concerning such move because the state has a law that no one is allowed into her territory. We are too backward cos of power tussle n politics
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Philinho(m): 10:46am On Apr 09, 2020
michlins:
same immunity was there when ngige was kidnapped as a governor and his security details removed. Buhari can deal with Wike in so many ways. How about claiming that for grounding caverton,he stopped movements of critical staff and thereby hampered the workings of the oil and gas industry. And he claims that Port Harcourt will pay for the losses and put a stop on their allocation. The federal government is all powerful in Nigeria
Re: Rivers State Government Declares Carveton Helicopters Persona Non Grata by Philinho(m): 10:49am On Apr 09, 2020
[quote author=michlins post=88236268]same immunity was there when ngige was kidnapped as a governor and his security details removed. Buhari can deal with Wike in so many ways. How about claiming that for grounding caverton,he stopped movements of critical staff and thereby hampered the workings of the oil and gas industry. And he claims that Port Harcourt will pay for the losses and put a stop on their allocation. The federal government is all powerful in Nigeria[/quot
Abeg shut up joor...... If you like stop Rivers allocation they are not northern states to beg. Y threatening a sitting governor? Who do you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Abuja Office Of The President In 1980 Used By Shehu Shagari-photo / Obiano Visits SARS Offices In Anambra, Frees Detainees / Bola Tinubu Campaign Signboard “Vote BAT 2023’’ Spotted In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.