Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,754 members, 7,831,419 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Jesus Is God. See - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is God. See (10395 Views)

Jesus Is God! See Evidenced / God Is A Good Loving God. See Proof / Wearing Of Trouser As A Woman Is Unacceptable By God,see Proof. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Is God. See by hupernikao: 10:45am On Apr 22, 2020
Maximus69:

What they all wanted is for you as a JW to tell them "your religion is OK" anything you say that signify their faith is dead will attract provocation, and the only way out for them is to start arguing profusely even though their conscience is bearing them witness that they could have easily trashed what they're arguing for on a normal day!
So far it's against Jehovah's Witnesses (those who kicked against their religion) they're ready to argue blindly! cheesy

You must be so self exciting now. Lol.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 22, 2020
Myer:

The difference in interpretation is human, I get that. But I wasn't referring to that alone. But that the bible itself contradicts itself. Except you claim that not all scriptures is inspired by God which would also contradict 2 Timothy 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:21

This blog does more justice than I can start to list. The blogger went the extra mile to list the contradictory verses too.
Take your time to confirm the quoted scriptures.

Cc Maximus69

https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/50-000-Errors-and-Biblical-contradictions-190303

Why only Maximus69? cheesy

Well i don't do blogging things because Satan has dispatched many agents into the world, to contradict God's word.

If you don't believe (trust) God or his word, that's your own portion not mine. God has told me that many people will actually come and have access to his words due to his kindness towards all, but since Satan has his agents (working directly while some are also working indirectly) who can't grasp the sacred secrets, they will be saying twisted thing. Act 20:30
The sign God promised to give us is that his own people will understand his words and make the best use of it to benefit themselves. Isaiah 48:17-18

So what do you expect from those who don't understand God's word and are not humble enough to learn from God's servants, of course they will say it's contradicting! smiley
Re: Jesus Is God. See by hupernikao: 11:03am On Apr 22, 2020
Myer:

The difference in interpretation is human, I get that. But I wasn't referring to that alone. But that the bible itself contradicts itself. Except you claim that not all scriptures is inspired by God which would also contradict 2 Timothy 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:21

This blog does more justice than I can start to list. The blogger went the extra mile to list the contradictory verses too.
Take your time to confirm the quoted scriptures.

Cc Maximus69

https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/50-000-Errors-and-Biblical-contradictions-190303

I hardly bother myself with external links especially when the one pointing me to it have not given me enough explanation of facts. But I decided to view your link.

Unfortunately for the writer there, he displayed both lack of fundamental intelligence in literacy and honesty as an individual.

I have seen far more intelligent arguments in this line before but the writer there doesn't fit into the kindergarten club of such intelligence.

You see, like I told you before. When someone is lying or being dishonest in arguments just because you don't believe in another persons view will present such fellow as unintelligent. I shouldn't twist a literature just to suit my defence. Such arguments won't stand among the intellectuals.

For example: I have clarified to you when you raised same issue of seeing God or not seeing God raised also on that site, and there was no rebuttal from you.

Imagine taking text out of its context of explanation, is that not a low blow, even a primary school student know that you don't lift and read just a single line in a letter and start shouting hurray.

In summary, I couldn't find any intelligence in that site. The writer is just being childish in arguments.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 22, 2020
hupernikao:

You must be so self exciting now. Lol.
We are Jehovah's Witnesses! smiley

We don't boast in riches neither in world careers nor in political seats, but when it comes to divine wisdom about Jehovah (our God and father) we will boast anytime, anywhere and before anybody! Jeremiah 9:23-24 smiley
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Myer(m): 11:13am On Apr 22, 2020
hupernikao:

I hardly bother myself with external links especially when the one pointing me to it have not given me enough explanation of facts. But I decided to view your link.

Unfortunately for the writer there, he displayed both lack of fundamental intelligence in literacy and honesty as an individual.

I have seen far more intelligent arguments in this line before but the writer there doesn't fit into the kindergarten club of such intelligence.

You see, like I told you before. When someone is lying or being dishonest in arguments just because you don't believe in another persons view will present such fellow as unintelligent. I shouldn't twist a literature just to suit my defence. Such arguments won't stand among the intellectuals.

For example: I have clarified to you when you raised same issue of seeing God or not seeing God raised also on that site, and there was no rebuttal from you.

Imagine taking text out of its context of explanation, is that not a low blow, even a primary school student know that you don't lift and read just a single line in a letter and start shouting hurray.

In summary, I couldn't find any intelligence in that site. The writer is just being childish in arguments.

I guess we can say intelligence is relative. Believers believe everyone that doesn't share their religious belief is unintelligent no matter how knowledgeable they are. Afterall the bible has conveniently selected the foolish and lowly of the world to be believers and the wise to be unbelievers. 1 Cor 1:27

I understand you completely.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Myer(m): 11:17am On Apr 22, 2020
Maximus69:

Well i don't do blogging things because Satan has dispatched many agents into the world, to contradict God's word.

If you don't believe (trust) God or his word, that's your own portion not mine. God has told me that many people will actually come and have access to his words due to his kindness towards all, but since Satan has his agents (working directly while some are also working indirectly) who can't grasp the sacred secrets, they will be saying twisted thing. Act 20:30
The sign God promised to give us is that his own people will understand his words and make the best use of it to benefit themselves. Isaiah 48:17-18

So what do you expect from those who don't understand God's word and are not humble enough to learn from God's servants, of course they will say it's contradicting! smiley

I copied you because of our discussion so far borders on the Bible's self-contradictions which the blog points out. As this is also what this thread has proven.

By the way, why do JW believe the miracles in the bible but don't believe miracles are possible in our present time?
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Myer(m): 11:23am On Apr 22, 2020
Maximus69:

It's not about the blogger but the content. There are many other sites that have reearched the bible errors but this was more detailed.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 22, 2020
Myer:

I guess we can say intelligence is relative. Believers believe everyone that doesn't share their religious belief is unintelligent no matter how knowledgeable they are. Afterall the bible has selected the foolish and lowly of the world to be believers and the wise to be unbelievers. 1 Cor 1:27

Come and learn from Jehovah's Witnesses the meaning of what you're reading in the Bible! smiley

@1Corinthians 1:27

Nelson Mandela and Obafemi Awolowo were the highly respected as intelligent black men.

Awolowo offered to pay millions of dollars for a book written by a human like himself titled (the hereafter) because he wants to know what will happen to him after his death after spending all his life trying to help his people through Politics, whereas the Bible (a book inspired by his Creator) has the answer to his quest {Ecclesiastes 9:4-10} how much does the Bible cost? Less than #3,000, do you think if someone search Awo's house we won't find a copy of the Bible? undecided

Mandela spent almost 3 decades of his life in prison all because he taught he could solve the problems of his people, but God's word said only God's kingdom can do that {Daniel 2:44} his wife who became one of Jehovah's Witnesses kept telling him Politics is not the solution to mankind's problems but Nelson thought otherwise, at last he was released and elected the president of his country, his wife and children (Jehovah's Witnesses) never came to say hello to him at the presidential villa, after wasting all his life in the political struggle Nelson Mandela gave up a second term tenure in office! undecided

WHY?

He now realize been a fool all his life, the people he struggled all his life to liberate from Apartheid are now the same people discriminating blacks of their kind! embarassed

Obafemi Awolowo, Nelson Mandela...Job 5:13 smiley
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2020
Myer:

I copied you because of our discussion so far borders on the Bible's self-contradictions which the blog points out. As this is also what this thread has proven.

By the way, why do JW believe the miracles in the bible but don't believe miracles are possible in our present time?

Because Churchgoers teach themselves man-made doctrines not God's word!

Jesus and his followers performed those miracles for a purpose, and that purpose has been fulfilled.

The miracles were signs to help the Israelites know that a new covenant has been sealed that's why Jesus told a gentile woman that the miracles were primarily meant for the Israelites! Matthew 15:26

Peter reminded the Israelites when the sign came to help them realize that a new covenant has just been sealed! Act 2:14-21
Paul explained that the miraculous signs will be short-lived when Christianity (the complete pure worship has been fully established) 1Corinthians 13:8-10
Jesus said in the final days false prophets will be here performing signs but their own miracles will be purposeless! Matthew 24:11-14 compare to Revelations 16:14

So Jehovah did not live us in the dark, but if these false Christians feels what i'm saying now is not so, let them go now and heal Covid19 patients, of course they will perform tricks to entertain lovers of magic but all their miracles will be purposeless! smiley

Re: Jesus Is God. See by hupernikao: 2:46pm On Apr 22, 2020
Myer:

I guess we can say intelligence is relative. Believers believe everyone that doesn't share their religious belief is unintelligent no matter how knowledgeable they are. Afterall the bible has conveniently selected the foolish and lowly of the world to be believers and the wise to be unbelievers. 1 Cor 1:27

As per discussion, intelligence is not relative. It is evident in the site write up that the writer is a comedian.
See for example.

In his dishonesty to prove a point, he said this in showing contradiction that Jesus wasn't tempted or Mark and John contradict themselves.

Christ was tempted in the wilderness
Mark 1:12,13

Christ was not tempted in the wilderness
John 2:1,2

Sometimes inability to read properly is the achilles of many. When you want to criticize ensure you have study properly to truly know the stand of your opponent first and weigh your opinion on it.

Pick up the Bible yourself and read those two places. Read all of Mark 1 and then all of John 1.

MARK EXPRESSLY STATED CHRIST BAPTISM AS IT OCCURRED.

And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.

10 And straightway coming up out of the water,
he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:

11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

12 And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness.

This is a record of exact event. Hence vs 12 is what happened immediately after his baptism.

JOHN'S ACCOUNT NEVER RECORDED JESUS BAPTISM.
That is John's writing style. He states series of events together to get to the real points on-time.

So, John recorded series of events after Jesus baptism and emphasized John the Baptist response at the current events by pointing to the past event of Christ baptism.

19 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?

Refering to John the baptist record, bearing record will be recounting events of the past.

So John was questioned.

20 And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.

21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.

22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?

23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

24 And they which were sent were of the Pharisees.

25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?

26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;

27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.

28 These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.

This is the current event at hand not Jesus baptism. What happened on the particular day of this discussion is what you read above now.

Then the next day.

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Observe the language, JOHN SEES. That is present. So this refered to next day of the argument with the Pharisees.

Then the next thing John did was to recount past event in explaining Jesus. Observe the language, he wasn't speaking of current event but what he saw, heard, observed.

30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

Observe key words: Said, Saw, Knew. Those are recounting past events not current. The current event here is John saw Jesus the next day of his arguments with the Pharisee and explained what happened the day he baptised him, hence the past tense.

See what happened again. Two days after John's argument, he say Jesus coming again.

35 Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;

36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

37 And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.

Observe John stood with his disciples, saw Jesus and recount again (Behold the Lamb of God). That is the message he got during Christ baptism. He was only recounting past events here. Showing his disciples who Jesus was.

NOW OBSERVE THE SEQUENCE.

Day 1.
John argued with the Pharisee about his identity. He referred to who Christ will be

Day 2.
John SEETH Jesus (present act), and recount what happened when he baptised Jesus. Jesus baptism was before that day the reason John was giving a record or what happened at the event. So Day 2 only refered to past events. Observe he used past tenses to explain (knew, saw etc)

Day 3.
John was with his disciples and saw Jesus again. Then recount the same statement to his disciples (BEHOLD THE LAMB...)

then they followed him. That is the thought up to John 2:1-2

So, when John 2:1-2 state
...And the third day,. Third day of what sequence? The event in John 1. That will then be the third day after the two disciples followed him.

Therefore, Mark 1 truly narrate the real events of Christ baptism, how it occurred and drawn to wilderness.

John 1 account didn't record baptism but showed us events that must have happened days after the baptism. Hence John 2 is not an event immediately after Christ baptism.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said, sincerity is key in both trying to expose lies or defending the truth. Else we won't see how blinded we are ourselves.

If a man feels there are lies in the scriptures he should go ahead and explain line by line why he feels so, not lifting text like a clown. He should read well to be aware to justify his point from all angles. In most cases, you will find where you are wrong and that the scriptures is always true.

I hope you will read all the above though, because I am sure the writer on that site you pointed me hardly give attention to reading or studying "long" explanation. He should be ashamed of himself.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 22, 2020
hupernikao:

As per discussion, intelligence is not relative. It is evident in the site write up that the writer is a comedian.
See for example.

In his dishonesty to prove a point, he said this in showing contradiction that Jesus wasn't tempted or Mark and John contradict themselves.

Sometimes inability to read properly is the achilles of many. When you want to criticize ensure you have study properly to truly know the stand of your opponent first and weigh your opinion on it.

Pick up the Bible yourself and read those two places. Read all of Mark 1 and then all of John 1.

MARK EXPRESSLY STATED CHRIST BAPTISM AS IT OCCURRED.

And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan.

10 And straightway coming up out of the water,
he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him:

11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

12 And immediately the spirit driveth him into the wilderness.

This is a record of exact event. Hence vs 12 is what happened immediately after his baptism.

JOHN'S ACCOUNT NEVER RECORDED JESUS BAPTISM.
That is John's writing style. He states series of events together to get to the real points on-time.

So, John recorded series of events after Jesus baptism and emphasized John the Baptist response at the current events by pointing to the past event of Christ baptism.

19 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?

Refering to John the baptist record, bearing record will be recounting events of the past.

So John was questioned.

20 And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.

21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.

22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?

23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

24 And they which were sent were of the Pharisees.

25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?

26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;

27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.

28 These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.

This is the current event at hand not Jesus baptism. What happened on the particular day of this discussion is what you read above now.

Then the next day.

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Observe the language, JOHN SEES. That is present. So this refered to next day of the argument with the Pharisees.

Then the next thing John did was to recount past event in explaining Jesus. Observe the language, he wasn't speaking of current event but what he saw, heard, observed.

30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Observe key words: Said, Saw, Knew. Those are recounting past events not current. The current event here is John saw Jesus the next day of his arguments with the Pharisee and explained what happened the day he baptised him, hence the past tense.

See what happened again. Two days after John's argument, he say Jesus coming again.

35 Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;

36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

37 And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.

Observe John stood with his disciples, saw Jesus and recount again (Behold the Lamb of God). That is the message he got during Christ baptism. He was only recounting past events here. Showing his disciples who Jesus was.

NOW OBSERVE THE SEQUENCE.

Day 1.
John argued with the Pharisee about his identity. He referred to who Christ will be

Day 2.
John SEETH Jesus (present act), and recount what happened when he baptised Jesus. Jesus baptism was before that day the reason John was giving a record or what happened at the event. So Day 2 only refered to past events. Observe he used past tenses to explain (knew, saw etc)

Day 3.
John was with his disciples and saw Jesus again. Then recount the same statement to his disciples (BEHOLD THE LAMB...)

then they followed him. That is the thought up to John 2:1-2

So, when John 2:1-2 state
...And the third day,. Third day of what sequence? The event in John 1. That will then be the third day after the two disciples followed him.

Therefore, Mark 1 truly narrate the real events of Christ baptism, how it occurred and drawn to wilderness.

John 1 account didn't record baptism but showed us events that must have happened days after the baptism. Hence John 2 is not an event immediately after Christ baptism.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said, sincerity is key in both trying to expose lies or defending the truth. Else we won't see how blinded we are ourselves.

If a man feels there are lies in the scriptures he should go ahead and explain line by line why he feels so, not lifting text like a clown. He should read well to be aware to justify his point from all angles. In most cases, you will find where you are wrong and that the scriptures is always true.

I hope you will read all the above though, because I am sure the writer on that site you pointed me hardly give attention to reading or studying "long" explanation. He should be ashamed of himself.

Psalms 1:1

That's what you get when you're not interested in ascertaining the congregation of God first. Psalms 1:5

You aren't seen nothing yet, when you refuse to have regards for the congregation of God simply because of the gibberish those useless religionists infused in your brains.

Do you expect to get anything good from the enemies of the holy ones?

Or do you expect that holy servants of God don't make any mistakes at all?

Or you're expecting that God will wrong all the good works of his servants because you're not comfortable?

Well enjoy the company of ridiculers! 2Peter 3:3 wink
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Myer(m): 3:55pm On Apr 22, 2020
Maximus69:

Because Churchgoers teach themselves man-made doctrines not God's word!

Jesus and his followers performed those miracles for a purpose, and that purpose has been fulfilled.

The miracles were signs to help the Israelites know that a new covenant has been sealed that's why Jesus told a gentile woman that the miracles were primarily meant for the Israelites! Matthew 15:26

Peter reminded the Israelites when the sign came to help them realize that a new covenant has just been sealed! Act 2:14-21
Paul explained that the miraculous signs will be short-lived when Christianity (the complete pure worship has been fully established) 1Corinthians 13:8-10
Jesus said in the final days false prophets will be here performing signs but their own miracles will be purposeless! Matthew 24:11-14 compare to Revelations 16:14

So Jehovah did not live us in the dark, but if these false Christians feels what i'm saying now is not so, let them go now and heal Covid19 patients, of course they will perform tricks to entertain lovers of magic but all their miracles will be purposeless! smiley

Don't you find it convenient that your leaders found a way of proving that the miracles that make the gospel believable, ended when it's your turn for a miracle?

It did not end in old testament, didn't end in new testament but suddenly ends in your present testament.
How do you even keep this charade on?
Re: Jesus Is God. See by MuttleyLaff: 4:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
Myer:
Don't you find it convenient that your leaders found a way of proving that the miracles that make the gospel believable, ended when it's your turn for a miracle?

It did not end in old testament, didn't end in new testament but suddenly ends in your present testament.

MuttleyLaff:
I enjoyed Eternal\Being second post so much and that is why I endorsed it with a like tag. He/she started well, with the first half of his/her first post, and it was a good read until when he/she got carried away and began spoiling it with old wives' tales from the second half part end of the post

OK Pax\onel, you just like Ranch\hoddas or Thoth\Hermes, dont know what you both are talking about when it comes to miracles

Miracles have never ceased Pax\onel, the days of miracles are not and never over. Miracles, are in the news, happening everyday.

A miracle is an event not explicable by natural or scientific laws, and I have on other threads, tried letting Ranch\hoddas or Thoth\Hermes know about this, that miracles are rules and/or the laws of heaven, and that it is when a miracle is constantly repeated on earth, that it turns into a process of nature, as in, it becomes something natural, and then seen, as a norm or something normal. Case in point, The Thames Tunnel, from Wapping to Rotherhithe, not to be mistaken or confused with the Rotherhithe Tunnel, was the first underwater tunnel, it is a first tunnel ever constructed under a river anywhere in the world. This oldest underwater tunnel was no easy walk or stroll in the park, feat. It made the list of the seven wonders of the world back then. It was a miracle to start with then, but of course, soon became a norm or normal thing since after it, to easily have tunnels under rivers. So, with The Thames Tunnel, as a case study, we see that, a lot of things start out as miracles, before brought to being normal or turn to become standard conditions

We live in a fallen and imperfect world, a world plagued with infirmities, affliction(s), hardship(s), variety of afflictions, adversities, unnecessary sufferings etcetera, so because of all that, we need miracles, in addition to love. We not so much or necessarily need demanding signs and wonder, but we need a break with the miracles. The age of miracles has not passed. Sometimes miracles are just good people with kind hearts.

I can give OP Eternal\Being and Pax\onel, an inexhaustive URL list of miracles happening everyday, if and when asked to do.

Does OP Eternal\Being, remember, Paul, in 1 Corinthians 12:29, asking:
"Do all work miracles? Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? hmm? Guess what Eternal\Being, the answer on each account is No, no, no and no, as it is very clear, we dont all have the power to do miracles. We each and all cant even be doctors, for example and to start with.

Moving along Eternal\Being, then at 1 Corinthians 12:31, Paul says:
"though we covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way."
and it was after that comment in 1 Corinthians 12:31, that Paul introduced and brought in 1 Corinthians 13:1 emphasising love.

Paul in 1 Corinthians 12:29 onwards, confirmed that not "all fingers are equal" and 1 Corinthians 12:29's "not all perform miracles, do they?" is a strong indication, that, everyone to work miracles, is not a requirement for all believers. Eternal\Being, to be honest with you, if you have love, you wouldnt neccesarily need the the power to work or do miracles and that is because love surpasses and conquers all, just as Pax\onel advanced. Where there is great love, there are always miracles and miracles are the fruits of faith.

You do know that it's every man for himself and nothing about what leaders said or did not say, hmm?

Last I checked, the Bible is not in a secret vault or under lock and key somewhere. Everyone who is anyone, has access to the Bible, to whittle out any charade, lol, à la berean, lol.

Kolewerk, its not going to work, lol. There wont be any excuse for allowing anyone to pull wool over your eyes, lol. Its just yourself, who's to blame for not knowing..

The miracles performed by Jesus, just as Maximus69 has advanced were for a particular purpose and peculiar set of people. Of course, miracles ever since did continue from then to date, even until tomorrow. Miracles, did not end in Old Testament, didn't end in New Testament and certainly hasnt suddenly end in our present testament.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Myer(m): 4:13pm On Apr 22, 2020
hupernikao:

Good. By inference we know John baptised him.
But the book of John leaves out something as significant as his 40 days temptation in the wilderness?
If you notice Luke's account actually points out that Jesus and John the baptist were cousins. Yet in the book of John, he claim never to have known Jesus.

By the way, that's only 1 out of how many contradictions?

Calling the blogger names is really unnecessary, even theologians and bible scholars know there are errors in the accounts of the bible, which they attribute to different perspectives of the different writers.

There's no gain denying the obvious. The contradictions are numerous.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Myer(m): 4:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
You do know that it's every man for himself and nothing about what leaders said or did not say, hmm?

Last I checked, the Bible is not in a secret vault or under lock and key somewhere. Everyone who is anyone, has access to the Bible, to whittle out any charade, lol, à la berean, lol.

Kolewerk, its not going to work, lol. There wont be any excuse for allowing anyone to pull wool over your eyes, lol. Its just yourself, who's to blame for not knowing..

The miracles performed by Jesus, just as Maximus69 has advanced were for a particular purpose and peculiar set of people. Of course, miracles ever since did continue from then to date, even until tomorrow. Miracles, did not end in Old Testament, didn't end in New Testament and certainly hasnt suddenly end in our present testament.

So it's no longer what the bible teaches but how we choose to interprete it?
No wonder Christians are the most confused and gullible set of people. Any pastor/leader will just wake up and twist the bible saying God told him this and that, and suddenly you have another rhema. Lol

Like you said, everyone with his beliefs.
If it's working for you, good luck but if you're dying in silence because you know it's not working and unable to speak up because you don't want to disappoint your "papa and mama" in the lord, then you of all people are the most miserable.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by MuttleyLaff: 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2020
Myer:
But the book of John leaves out something as significant as his 40 days temptation in the wilderness?
If you notice Luke's account actually points out that Jesus and John the baptist were cousins.
Yet in the book of John, he claim never to have known Jesus.

Calling the blogger names is really unnecessary, even theologians and bible scholars know there are errors in the accounts of the bible, which they attribute to different perspectives of the different writers.

[img]https://s3/images/ObamaMuttley.gif[/img]
Verse for the underlined above please?

John the Baptist, is not alone, who felt perplexed about Jesus, lol. Tbh, I think John, just gave in to the yakety yak pressure of his disciples, and sent them off to Jesus to go ask the dumb question, whether or not He really is the anticipated Messiah, just to free himself of them and get them out of his hair for a bit, lol
Re: Jesus Is God. See by MuttleyLaff: 4:29pm On Apr 22, 2020
Myer:
No wonder Christians are the most confused and gullible set of people. Any pastor/leader will just wake up and twist the bible saying God told him this and that, and suddenly you have another rhema. Lol
No, no, no. Not so fast José. It doesnt work like that. There are no personal interpretations, lol. Whenever anyone tells you things in the Bible or spins a yarn, the onus is on you, to go as fast as poosible to a nearest bible, and go double cross check all what you've being told. If any contradictions, that there is your red flag warning, that something is not right and is odd, lol

Myer:
Like you said, everyone with his beliefs.
If it's working for you, good luck but if you're dying in silence because you know it's not working and unable to speak up because you don't want to disappoint your "papa and mama" in the Lord, then you of all people are the most miserable.
Everyone with his/her beliefs at their own peril. God have mercy on your soul, if you've got the wrong beliefs, lol.

The so called "papa and mama" in the Lord, ought to be working on you not disappointing yourself, not working for or worrying about themselves, lol
Re: Jesus Is God. See by hupernikao: 5:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
Myer:

If you notice Luke's account actually points out that Jesus and John the baptist were cousins. Yet in the book of John, he claim never to have known Jesus.

Like i told you, John has a trademark theology and you will see it in all its writings. For example aside Hebrews writer (once), only John repeatedly refer to Jesus as the Word. That is his Theology. Every writer has a way of presenting their theology. You must study writers to know how they write.

The reality is there are things John felt may not be necessary as details. So, cutting them out wont change anything.

Secondly, i only picked this as an example from all listed on the site because i wont be the one to be explaining those stuff to him. Ordinarily ready in context of Chapter, the book and at most the Bible, all what he called contradictions will be cleared. But what i am saying is, he should do research well before writing or misleading else he will be found either dishonest or unintelligent.

And by the way, i am not abusing the blogger, i am only describing his attitude to this discussion.

And as per this that you wrote:

I never knew him will not be referring to him earthly birth or family but referring to HE who will baptize with the holy Ghost.

John 1

This is very key in identifying the Messiah. Remember the birth of Jesus as divine was never disclosed by (Mary/Joseph). So, he was known as Jesus, son of Joseph. John the baptist is who God gave the responsibility and ministry to seek and identify the Christ. The reason he came baptizing.

John 1

So, he knew Jesus in the flesh but was referring to his divinity as His baptism revealed him as the son of God, the Christ. That is what John is referring to.

John 1
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
Myer:

How many times do you think miracles do happen in the personal life of ancient servants of God? smiley

Well for your information, miracles do happen for a purpose and it's God's servants that can school you to grasp why it's happening.

Faithful people don't demand for miracles from our God, we trust him to do what is right in his own sight. Daniel 3:16-18

It's faithless people who always demand for miracles, even they kicked Jesus out of their synagogue because he told them God doesn't make miracles just because you want it! Luke 4:16-30

We know our own kind, when they listen to our presentation they appreciate the truth! John 10:24-26

Thanks! smiley

Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 22, 2020
Myer:

No wonder Christians are the most confused and gullible set of people.

I have told you the truth, if they're not JWs don't think it's just a matter of choice.

THEY ARE NOT WORSHIPERS OF OUR OWN GOD!
THEY ARE NOT CHRISTIANS!

So if you have a problem in sorting out the original in the midst of fake and you don't appreciate assistance in doing so, that's your cup of coffee! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Is God. See by Janosky: 6:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
hupernikao:

Like i told you, John has a trademark theology and you will see it in all its writings. For example aside Hebrews writer (once), only John repeatedly refer to Jesus as the Word. That is his Theology. Every writer has a way of presenting their theology. You must study writers to know how they write.

The reality is there are things John felt may not be necessary as details. So, cutting them out wont change anything.

Secondly, i only picked this as an example from all listed on the site because i wont be the one to be explaining those stuff to him. Ordinarily ready in context of Chapter, the book and at most the Bible, all what he called contradictions will be cleared. But what i am saying is, he should do research well before writing or misleading else he will be found either dishonest or unintelligent.

And by the way, i am not abusing the blogger, i am only describing his attitude to this discussion.

I never knew him will not be referring to him earthly birth or family but referring to HE who will baptize with the holy Ghost.

John 1

This is very key in identifying the Messiah. Remember the birth of Jesus as divine was never disclosed by (Mary/Joseph). So, he was known as Jesus, son of Joseph. John the baptist is who God gave the responsibility and ministry to seek and identify the Christ. The reason he came baptizing.

John 1

So, he knew Jesus in the flesh but was referring to his divinity as His baptism revealed him as the son of God, the Christ. That is what John is referring to.

John 1

According to hupernikao's claim:
Bros Myer, Please ask hupernikao where is Jesus divinity revealed in Jesus baptism?
And where is Jesus Christ divinity in John 1:34?
He done quote John 1:34 and he is inserting his own divinity theory into it. grin
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Myer(m): 6:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
hupernikao:

John 1

John 1

John 1

That would seem dishonest. Since he knew his purpose in life was to prepare the way for the Messiah. And both his mother Elizabeth and Mary knew that Jesus was the Messiah.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Myer(m): 6:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
Maximus69:

I have told you the truth, if they're not JWs don't think it's just a matter of choice.

THEY ARE NOT WORSHIPERS OF OUR OWN GOD!
THEY ARE NOT CHRISTIANS!

So if you have a problem in sorting out the original in the midst of fake and you don't appreciate assistance in doing so, that's your cup of coffee! smiley

But you're just as fake.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
Myer:

But you're just as fake.

Says you! cheesy
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 22, 2020
Myer:

But you're just as fake.

Simply quote, "you don't want to here any original worship, everything must be fake so as to free your conscience from any religious principles as a freethinker (atheist)! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Is God. See by hupernikao: 7:43pm On Apr 22, 2020
Myer:

That would seem dishonest. Since he knew his purpose in life was to prepare the way for the Messiah. And both his mother Elizabeth and Mary knew that Jesus was the Messiah.

You just said both his mother (Elizabeth) and Mary not him. Secondly, even Mary with all the clues given to her about Jesus mission couldn't comprehend it all. She has to learn over time, who and what he represent and follow with all simplicity and honesty.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Myer(m): 9:41pm On Apr 22, 2020
hupernikao:

You just said both his mother (Elizabeth) and Mary not him. Secondly, even Mary with all the clues given to her about Jesus mission couldn't comprehend it all. She has to learn over time, who and what he represent and follow with all simplicity and honesty.

Ok let's assume John never knew Jesus as the Messiah, you mean John never knew his own cousin?
Any way, no matter how much evidence is laid before your eyes, you clearly don't want to see any error in the bible.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Myer(m): 9:48pm On Apr 22, 2020
TATIME:

Simply quote, "you don't want to here any original worship, everything must be fake so as to free your conscience from any religious principles as a freethinker (atheist)! grin grin grin

Do you know how much damage your org has done to some of your gullible members?
Because of your upside down interpretations of the bible, women die during child birth because their religious husbands won't accept blood transfusion.
I can't even imagine why govt still allows such husbands not to be jailed.
So thanks but you and Maximus69 can keep your religious principles to yourselves.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Myer(m): 9:50pm On Apr 22, 2020
Janosky:

According to hupernikao's claim:
Bros Myer, Please ask hupernikao where is Jesus divinity revealed in Jesus baptism?
And where is Jesus Christ divinity in John 1:34?
He done quote John 1:34 and he is inserting his own divinity theory into it. grin

Lol he has spiritual eyes so only he can see it. The rest of us need eye salve.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 22, 2020
Myer:

Do you know how much damage your org has done to some of your gullible members?
Because of your upside down interpretations of the bible, women die during child birth because their religious husbands won't accept blood transfusion.
I can't even imagine why govt still allows such husbands not to be jailed.
So thanks but you and Maximus69 can keep your religious principles to yourselves.

Hmmmmmmmm,

Now you've exposed yourself as a raw illiterate!

Please travel to advanced countries and visit their hospitals, then inquire of the merits and demerits of blood transfusion.

When you return don't tell us what you learn please go and school other novice like you about the menace of blood transfusion!

For your information blood transfusion is the last type of treatment a professional health workers will opt for, because the World Health Organization (W.H.O) have not approved blood transfusion as a safe means of treatment, it's just an experiment that was tested. Today there are so many alternative means of bloodless treatment.

Blood Transfusion!

Sorry try to update your info, it's outdated in most advanced countries of the world today! smiley
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Myer(m): 10:18pm On Apr 22, 2020
Maximus69:

Hmmmmmmmm,

Now you've exposed yourself as a raw illiterate!

Please travel to advanced countries and visit their hospitals, then inquire of the merits and demerits of blood transfusion.

When you return don't tell us what you learn please go and school other novice like you about the menace of blood transfusion!

For your information blood transfusion is the last type of treatment a professional health workers will opt for, because the World Health Organization (W.H.O) have not approved blood transfusion as a safe means of treatment, it's just an experiment that was tested. Today there are so many alternative means of bloodless treatment.

Blood Transfusion!

Sorry try to update your info, it's outdated in most advanced countries of the world today! smiley

So death is a better option? Mr literati, Keep killing your wives not my problem. No be she blindly go marry JW member?
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 22, 2020
Myer:

So death is a better option? Mr literati, Keep killing your wives not my problem. No be she blindly go marry JW member?

It's because you're faithless!

Faithful people trust God's word, that's why we put it to practice, neither i nor my wife nor any of my children will opt for a blood transfusion because we know it's menace.

Instead of using Panadol over other people's headache why not ask for the alternative means of treatment before you experience it? Proverbs 22:3;27:12 smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Your Best Gospel Songs / Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church? / Seyibrown And Nopuqeater Try To Explain!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.