Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,187 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Jesus Is God. See - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is God. See (10392 Views)

Jesus Is God! See Evidenced / God Is A Good Loving God. See Proof / Wearing Of Trouser As A Woman Is Unacceptable By God,see Proof. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 9:43am On Apr 30, 2020
Maximus69:

A true Christian must have all those qualities {2Timothy 3:16-17} Jesus had all except romance, because he has a short period to spend in the flesh so he can neither marry nor father a child!

But this is our own home {Psalms 115:16} and we need to get used to life on this planet, only to abstain from hurtful things, that's all! Act 15:28-29
you are always on point
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 30, 2020
Rozz:
you are always on point

Not when i was a Muslim, i always feel something is wrong despite all my worship back then.
Well thanks to Jehovah's Witnesses today, they taught me all these things! smiley
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 30, 2020
Maximus69:

Not when i was a Muslim, i always feel something is wrong despite all my worship back then.
Well thanks to Jehovah's Witnesses today, they taught me all these things! smiley
are you serious about being a muslim before wao.JW and Muslim's have some things in common.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 30, 2020
Rozz:
are you serious about being a muslim before wao.JW and Muslim's have some things in common.
NO if you're not a Muslim you will think so because JWs always try to maintain what the scriptures say, so we don't blend along with the Churches of Christendom.
Muslims on the other hand are just opposing the idea that salvation is to be gained only through the Jewish lineage! John 4:22
So because you don't know any other religion that believe in inspired writings here in Nigeria apart from Churches and Muslims you won't know that there are so many other religions that are opposing on another! smiley
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 30, 2020
Maximus69:

NO if you're not a Muslim you will think so because JWs always try to maintain what the scriptures say, so we don't blend along with the Churches of Christendom.
Muslims on the other hand are just opposing the idea that salvation is to be gained only through the Jewish lineage! John 4:22
So because you don't know any other religion that believe in inspired writings here in Nigeria apart from Churches and Muslims you won't know that there are so many other religions that are opposing on another! smiley
Religion is deep,we keep learning everyday
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 30, 2020
Rozz:

Religion FAITH is deep,we keep learning everyday

Satan caused confusion to make mankind group FAITH along with RELIGION, but in reality FAITH totally differs from RELIGION.

While Religion is based on what people agreed upon to practice as worship, FAITH is complete trust in God.

That's why you'll see religionists arguing, abusing, insulting, cursing even fighting to the point of killing their fellowman for their religion when true believers are struggling to help unbelievers gain insight regarding FAITH! 1Timothy 2:3-4 smiley

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 30, 2020
Maximus69:

Satan caused confusion to make mankind group FAITH along with RELIGION, but in reality FAITH totally differs from RELIGION.

While Religion is based on what people agreed upon to practice as worship, FAITH is complete trust in God.

That's why you'll see religionists arguing, abusing, insulting, cursing even fighting to the point of killing their fellowman for their religion when true believers are struggling to help unbelievers gain insight regarding FAITH! 1Timothy 2:3-4 smiley
hmm,I give it to you in Faith(religion)matters
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 30, 2020
Rozz:
hmm,I give it to you in Faith(religion)matters

NO! To my Master, Lord and King Jesus!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is God. See by hupernikao: 9:38pm On Apr 30, 2020
Good. You showed why John may not have mentioned their relationship.
Now explain why Matthew, Mark and Luke didn't? Is it their style as well?

Theology can't explain this away
Biblical inconsistencies and contradictions cannot be theologised. grin

Good evening.

The bible itself is a book of Theology. It is written to explain, unveil and manifest God to man, so you shouldnt be surprised at my theology as we are discussing the scriptures.

The reason my response focused on John was because your first assertion of John the baptist/Jesus portrayed as strangers was premised on John's writing.

John 1:31 - And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest...

That is the central scriptures to our discussion which i have made clear now.

This is same with all the bible writers as i have mentioned earlier, that the verses/passages of the scriptures are summations of events, actions and discussions hence only key elements are written. Also remember as i mentioned that the scriptures has a singular focus and any thing not necessary or add value towards such focus is most times left behind.

Matthew, Mark, Luke all have their style of writing as other writers too. For example if you observe well Gospel of Luke and Book of Acts you will find similarities in literature and style but this is not necessary here. Matthew has its own trademark of using money "talents" etc to explain most parables, this is synonymous to someone with a good knowledge of trade/tax or a tax collector (Matthew was one) in his days.

We can go on and on, but like i said, the focus here is the facts that John baptism is very primary to the scriptures and Jesus and it was mentioned over and over again in the bible (outside the Gospels) for you to know its importance Acts 1:5, Acts 1:22, Acts 10:37, Acts 13:24, Acts 18:25, Acts 19:4, Acts 19:3). So, even if Jesus had ate with John, visited John's house to play scrabble when young or swim together with John growing together, it is of no relevant to the scripture. It can only be relevant if it focuses on Christ redemptive work.

I have a new one for you courtesy of Apostle Suleiman twitter rant today;
Two contradicting verses right after each other, maybe you can help unravel this mystery too.
Proverbs 26:4-5
4 Do not answer a fool according to his folly,
Lest you also be like him.

5 Answer a fool according to his folly,
Lest he be wise in his own eyes.

First it says don't answer fools, then it says answer fools
By the way, those who choose to answer quote verse 5, those who don't want to answer quote verse 4.
Very convenient.

May the light of Christ give you understanding. grin

grin cheesy cheesy Lol @new one for you.

Firstly, it is abusive to say Apostle Suleiman is ranting, maybe because he expressed his opinion or whatever. I dont know his twitter page nor follow him, but i believe your words on him are out of place.

Secondly, the verses you quoted arent saying anything contradictory, infact it is two statements that fully explain how to handle foolishness.

No contradiction at all.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by Myer(m): 11:18am On May 02, 2020
hupernikao:

Good evening.

The bible itself is a book of Theology. It is written to explain, unveil and manifest God to man, so you shouldnt be surprised at my theology as we are discussing the scriptures.

The reason my response focused on John was because your first assertion of John the baptist/Jesus portrayed as strangers was premised on John's writing.

John 1:31 - And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest...

That is the central scriptures to our discussion which i have made clear now.

This is same with all the bible writers as i have mentioned earlier, that the verses/passages of the scriptures are summations of events, actions and discussions hence only key elements are written. Also remember as i mentioned that the scriptures has a singular focus and any thing not necessary or add value towards such focus is most times left behind.

Matthew, Mark, Luke all have their style of writing as other writers too. For example if you observe well Gospel of Luke and Book of Acts you will find similarities in literature and style but this is not necessary here. Matthew has its own trademark of using money "talents" etc to explain most parables, this is synonymous to someone with a good knowledge of trade/tax or a tax collector (Matthew was one) in his days.

We can go on and on, but like i said, the focus here is the facts that John baptism is very primary to the scriptures and Jesus and it was mentioned over and over again in the bible (outside the Gospels) for you to know its importance Acts 1:5, Acts 1:22, Acts 10:37, Acts 13:24, Acts 18:25, Acts 19:4, Acts 19:3). So, even if Jesus had ate with John, visited John's house to play scrabble when young or swim together with John growing together, it is of no relevant to the scripture. It can only be relevant if it focuses on Christ redemptive work.

grin cheesy cheesy Lol @new one for you.

Firstly, it is abusive to say Apostle Suleiman is ranting, maybe because he expressed his opinion or whatever. I dont know his twitter page nor follow him, but i believe your words on him are out of place.

Secondly, the verses you quoted arent saying anything contradictory, infact it is two statements that fully explain how to handle foolishness.

No contradiction at all.

You're a good bible scholar. You know how to explain scriptures I give you that.
But my simple sissue with you is you are not honest in defending the errors in the bible.

I mean for you not to even still defend the glaring contradiction in Proverbs 26:4-5 shows it's pointless.

And it's not entirely your fault. You're simply being religious. The same way a Muslim or a Hindu would be.
The thought of there being an error in the "divinely inspired words of God" is unfathomable and unacceptable to you especially having placed your faith and hinged your life on it. So I understand.

At least unlike a Muslim, you're not trying to kill me for pointing out the contradictions and inconsistencies in the holy book. Hallelujah!

Let's simply agree to disagree on it.
Re: Jesus Is God. See by hupernikao: 3:38pm On May 03, 2020
Myer:

You're a good bible scholar. You know how to explain scriptures I give you that.
But my simple sissue with you is you are not honest in defending the errors in the bible.

I mean for you not to even still defend the glaring contradiction in Proverbs 26:4-5 shows it's pointless.

And it's not entirely your fault. You're simply being religious. The same way a Muslim or a Hindu would be.
The thought of there being an error in the "divinely inspired words of God" is unfathomable and unacceptable to you especially having placed your faith and hinged your life on it. So I understand.

At least unlike a Muslim, you're not trying to kill me for pointing out the contradictions and inconsistencies in the holy book. Hallelujah!

Let's simply agree to disagree on it.

cheesy grin grin Kill ké.

You wrote
The thought of there being an error in the "divinely inspired words of God" is unfathomable and unacceptable

Some things are beyond religion Sir. Conviction which comes from proper explanation, investigation and understanding of the scriptures is hard to break.
Why not think it this way. What if you are the one yet to see the reasons for those convictions. What if a little openness and honest investigation and study will help. No arm in trying as no one can force a conviction on you. It comes from your will. But at least you can find out the reality of your stand with the scriptures with a sincere and honest heart.

Again you said
But my simple issue with you is you are not honest in defending the errors in the bible.

With all sincerity, it will be a rush and uninformed decision for someone who havent even lived 100 years or study adequately any collections of literature work that runs across human generations, nor literate enough in the history, culture, pattern, thoughts and hermeneutics of past ages to conclude that a collection of books that span over 1,500 years of writing with its last episode written over 1,000 years ago before our time as contradictory or inconsistent.

What you shouldn't forget is that THE TRUTH has no defense, THE TRUTH is its own defense sufficient enough to live a lifetime. That is the case of the scriptures as inspired. From generation to generation the truth always overcome the lies. An Adage says "when lies travels for 20years, the truth will still prevail it at the end"

Now on Prov 26:4-5

Think of it, even without any exegesis on Prov 26:4-5, do you think a writer in any convention can easily contradict himself in two immediate separate sentences in his writings?

Think of this also again. If you had not known vs 5 will vs 4 have made sense on its own and vice versa.

Prov 26:4
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

Interpret the above first. What does it mean to you. then interpret below separately.

Prov 26:5
Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit..

Then check:
1. Are they saying the same thing?
2. Are they explaining different situation?
3. Are they contradictory?

If i am to give you a summarized explanation, i will translate or put the two verses in a sentence.

To remain wise, do not answer a fool in a way that make you share his foolishness, but answer a fool based on his foolish act (by exposing his foolishness) for him to know he is foolish and unwise.

Note here that being a fool can both be descriptive or abusive and can be truly personified. Someone might not be a fool but act/speak foolishly in a situation. He (his act) will be describe as a fool. What i mean is it can be a reasoning issue or a lifestyle.

For instance: Someone said; Since God is omnipresence, then he lives inside everything.

Such statement showed the speaker is not thinking or thinking foolishly, that is a description of his reasoning and not abusive or personalizing as fool. Prov 26:4-5 provides a solution for his case. In this case, you can expose his foolishness (lack of reasoning) by replying.

Yes, God also lives in a tin of Geisha sauce and in your Soak-away. grin grin

The problem with his reasoning here is not thinking the context of "everything", it must be used in context of discussion properly. This is to make him think well. And there are cases you just need to ignore him out-rightly.

On a final note,

It is important you know that when you havent done proper study and reading of a text especially in context you will always find seemingly contradictions, hence you must do you own examination in context.
In case of Bible context means surrounding Texts, Paragraphs, Chapter, Book, and the Whole Bible. That is when you can prove a contradiction.

Bearing in mind that there are some believers who take their time/lifetime to study properly every question, seemingly contradiction that people posed on the scriptures to examine its validity. But all the time the outcome of such study always prove more that the bible stands in unity of purpose.

Above all desires, Christ light to you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Invitation To A Bible-based Discussion On The Tithing Ordinance & Christianity / Man Kills Wife Because Of Jesus / Should We Be Praying For Our Enemies To Die In Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.