Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,721 members, 7,809,737 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them (66703 Views)

Man Discovered He Is Not The Father Of His Children Through Wife's Chat / My Landlord Does Not See Us As Tenants / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Biggers82(m): 11:07pm On Apr 09, 2020
Idoma people always use their wife as Kola nuts for thier visitors just ask that your Landlord maybe he is not the biological father of those Children. Check well ok and if I will advice you ehh you better pack out of that house before you start washing pants for his daughters I know you like Pusssy too much
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by wealthyhenry(m): 11:09pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bluehill1051:
Why don't you help him sometimes?
In my own opinion, you're worse than those children. It is your type that will rather take photos of a dying person than actually saving them.

Mr man make I hear word. How is he worse than the said children? Did he tell you he doesn't have responsibilities or his own parents to take care of?

To Help him sometimes? Yes. He should. But worse than the evil children? Definitely not.

It Doesn't even make sense to compare them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by naijaman2225(m): 11:09pm On Apr 09, 2020
Fortissimo502:
Mind your business.
IZZAT SO?... OKAY OOOO... HMMM
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by naijaman2225(m): 11:11pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bluehill1051:
In my own opinion, you're worse than those children. It is your type that will rather take photos of a dying person than actually saving them.
AMAZING! YOUR ADVICE IS EVEN WORSE THAN THE BEHAVIOUR OF THE CHILDREN.

4 Likes

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by do4luv14(m): 11:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
Everybody here had been saying upbringing, is the man suppose to be home training the kids

i blame their mother for it

Graxie:
It's not Idoma thing, Most Idoma men are proud men, they hardly do house chores. In fact in Agatu, it's a taboo for a man to pound. Some of their men are usually lazy so this man is exceptional. It's possible he enjoys house chores while raising idiots. Go to markurdi, most of their women will be plaiting hair, selling all manner to feed okpani while he will be busy gisting. Your landlord is different but he also failed in raising sound kids.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by FarmTech(m): 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2020
Don't mind all these people that tell u to mind ur bizness. That mentality will only cause lack of empathy to grow. Just as the bible says " in the last days, the love of many will grow cold". So op, talk to the man to see how u can help. Don't listen to inhuman beings.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by redsun(m): 11:19pm On Apr 09, 2020
Children don't always have to be their parents' slaves. In a normal world, there won't need to fetch water from outside and it is the adult's responsibilities to make sure the basics are in place.

However, if the children are adults, they should go and fend for themselves. But it is easier said than done in a society where nothing works. Someone needs to break the yoke of inherent backwardness.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Owiii(m): 11:20pm On Apr 09, 2020
Biggers82:
Idoma people always use their wife as Kola nuts for thier visitors just ask that your Landlord maybe he is not the biological father of those Children. Check well ok and if I will advice you ehh you better pack out of that house before you start washing pants for his daughters I know you like Pusssy too much
That's a very big lie from the pit of hell. I'm idoma and what you just write up here is a lie. Get your facts right before posting online.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Alaganature(m): 11:21pm On Apr 09, 2020
starbuck:
He is reaping the fruits of his labor �‍♀️�‍♀️..

'Train a child in the way ohe/she would go, and when they are old, they won't depart from it'

I hope some of our digital Nairaland parents learn from this.. undecided undecided

Karma is real... maybe himself do the same thing for him own parents when he was younger

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Beey(f): 11:24pm On Apr 09, 2020
He’s been raising brats with his wife being the biggest enabler.If a wife has no regard for her husband, it’s just a matter of time before her children will copy her behavior. The man also also allowed the wife act like the man of the house & so his presence is not felt there.Adult kids who just lazy about & they won’t even look for jobs? SMH

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:26pm On Apr 09, 2020
U dont plant corn nd expect to harvest yam.
D is an old sayin,train a child d way he sud grow nd wen he's old he won't depart frm it...
Very unusual.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Arckeen: 11:30pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bluehill1051:
you no sabi read ?
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by armadeo(m): 11:31pm On Apr 09, 2020
NobleAngell:
you must be an educationist. Are you?

Lol. I am not oh.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Excuzeme: 11:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
Acidosis:

Men like that are the problems of this country.

I dont really think he is the problem, but rather the solution.

very soon (I pray he lives long), he will die and then what? grin grin
Would they wake-up his dead body to go fetch water or would they die of thirst? shocked grin

That is when they would realize that the Man has set them up for suffering.

When we were young, my parents had two HouseMaids and they do all the work.
One day, one of our Maids had gone back to see her Parents and the only one left fell ill.
My Mum now asked my senior brother to carry a Cylinder from the house to the car for her.
The difference in age between my senior brother and the maid could not be more than one year.

My Brother put the Cylinder on his ear instead of on his head, fell down twice between the House and the car and injured himself.
My brother made so much mess of it that my Mum bust into tears when the sick maid stood up and helped him carry the cylinder to the boot of the car. I will never forget the look on my Mum's face, being the first time l would see her shed tears, it was Pain and Anger

Since that day, some devil surely entered our house because my Mum suddenly changed and will flog us anyhow, if we dont do house chores so much so that we began to bribe the House Maids to teach us some of these thing sbefore our Mum returns from work. angry angry
The Maids became the 'children', just doing "supervision" while she turned us into the Boy-Maids, doing all the hard work sad angry

That man may be laying the plan for their biggest obstacle in life, especially the girls

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by idrisreal002(m): 11:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
There might be more to this than the normal. I wouldn't advice the op to meddle in it but if he wishes to, he should get close to the man by assisting with his chores and when his defenses are down he should ask the big question.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Excuzeme: 11:50pm On Apr 09, 2020
Plead:

Beat them up for? All this beat beat mentality.

90% of Nigerian guys/men won’t last upto 1 year in America or Europe before being thrown into prisons. Y’all have a very fvcked up mentality about every sphere of your life.

Stop this your Village mentality!
There are hundreds of thousands of Nigerian Men in America, doing really well in Medicine, Engineering, Nursing, Business, et.c. ...... and they are not in jail as you think.

Guy, give me your details and let me buy you a ticket so you can confirm for yourself but make sure you come back within six months otherwise you will end up in prison, ICE is real.
Infact, l will beat you enter that Prison. tongue tongue grin grin
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by OsuMustGo: 11:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
Fortissimo502:
Mind your business.
That's how we'd mind our business when you get robbed in daylight or beaten by mob wrongly...
Una go grow sense one day...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by richmindx: 12:07am On Apr 10, 2020
That man he is the problem of his problems

Micky002:
There is this scenerio i usually observe with my landlord and his children which always makes me curious and also raises unanswered question within me. This prompt me to post this here.

My landlord is idoma by tribe and has six grown up children, three boys and three girls. He should be in his late fifties or early sixties. Here is the issue.

This man despite having grown up boys and girls always do his chores by himself while the children will be lazying around engaging in trivial discussions. This man will wash his clothes by himself while his girls, the youngest being twenty years of age will be chatting with friends in the compound. This man will go to fetch water with kegs using a wheel barrow every morning while the boys will sit outside doing nothing.

Meanwhile the water he fetches is used by every member of the house. This man can go up to three to four trips while the boys will be busy arguing about Manchester United and Chelsea with friends.

What baffles me the most is that they see nothing wrong in this because the man doesn't complain and his wife, their mother is also witnessing everything.

My question now is, is this an acceptable norm in their (Idoma) culture? For a father to be doing the house chores while the children will be playing. I'm asking because where I come from, it is unacceptable.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by kestolove95(m): 12:12am On Apr 10, 2020
If it is ashawo work, I can say dat one is dia culture but dix one I can't say a word
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Osobi32(m): 12:16am On Apr 10, 2020
crackland:
And his wife, mother to the irresponsible children, is witnessing all of this and not saying anything.

If a woman does not have any regard for her husband, it will be foolhardy to expect the children to have any regard for their father.

The problem is almost certainly coming from his wife.
God bless u...... U just nailed it

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by deltateam: 12:31am On Apr 10, 2020
[quote author=fredopareto post=88259974]It might b doin it to keep fit..my thought.[/quote

Fit kee you there.

So the children can't also keep fit?
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by deltateam: 12:33am On Apr 10, 2020
AFONAMARO:

I weep for comments like this. You mean he should go do chores for a man with 6 irresponsible fools so he could be taken serious?

I bet you go around looking for people to assist with chores in your vicinity.

Father Christmas!

Don't mind the mofo.

He's a ganja mahn!
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by deltateam: 12:39am On Apr 10, 2020
do4luv14:
Everybody here had been saying upbringing, is the man suppose to be home training the kids

i blame their mother for it

Be inactive in your child training and blame your wife afterwards like Adam blamed Eve.

Don't take charge of your family, you hear?

4 Likes

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 10, 2020
redsun:
Children don't always have to be their parents' slaves. In a normal world, there won't need to fetch water from outside and it is the adult's responsibilities to make sure the basics are in place.

However, if the children are adults, they should go and fend for themselves. But it is easier said than done in a society where nothing works. Someone needs to break the yoke of inherent backwardness.

African parents usually mistake their children for slaves.

Wisest post on this thread so far.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Excuzeme: 1:01am On Apr 10, 2020
Plead:

African parents usually mistake their children for slaves.

Wisest post on this thread so far.

SO DOING YOUR OWN CHORES AND HELPING YOUR FATHER, MAKES YOU HIS SLAVE?
DO YOU HAVE AND KNOW YOUR FATHER AT ALL?

SMH

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by andycom(m): 1:17am On Apr 10, 2020
Bluehill1051:

You and the 86 less human beings that liked this comment are far from normal, it would have been better you shut up and go buy common sense �

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Nwaonyishi69: 1:22am On Apr 10, 2020
I know Benue is a northern state, so I am not surprised. They, all of them, can manufacture uselessness. Don't you see the governor they have at kogi, the south-like-most northern state? Think this is because of deforestation.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by CharlesJok3r: 1:28am On Apr 10, 2020
Mind your business
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Nobody: 1:42am On Apr 10, 2020
crackland:
And his wife, mother to the irresponsible children, is witnessing all of this and not saying anything.

If a woman does not have any regard for her husband, it will be foolhardy to expect the children to have any regard for their father.

The problem is almost certainly coming from his wife.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by AFONJACOW(m): 2:02am On Apr 10, 2020
What are his grown up children still doing in their papa house
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by AFONJACOW(m): 2:16am On Apr 10, 2020
Yustash001:
So all the children sleep and face the same direction.. Not even one of them have sympathy for the father.....

The type of training children received while growing up matters a lot....
forget that training... Nobody gave me any form of special training... My dad spent of his time hustling abroad when we were still small, mum take care of everything... make she send u go buy something make u no go, she go wait for u in the middle of the night to deal with u, even as that, I grown up knowing too well the background I came from, my father will warn u, u see , any time u get police case u won't see me, and he will make good of his words, oya go fight come back, u go answer ur case, so that makes me to knw the kind of friends I associate with, if nah those trouble ones, u won't see me with them because I knw my father will leave u there to bail ur self... Secondly , despite we have enough to eat, I knw from day one this life is not rosy as we see it, during holiday times we save money from errant we run for elders... I am in my late 30s comfortably happily married with 3kids , do u knw I dont have any criminal case or police case what so ever before in my entire life... Am not a church type neither a quiet person, I mingles with bad asses as well and keep late night , but am extremely careful in what I does, who go spoil go spoil , I must tell u none of my parents tell me to when do good or not do good , it's a choice
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by nick50(m): 3:00am On Apr 10, 2020
Wetin concern u?.. Looks like u are tired of living in that compound

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Husband is disappointed that we are having another girl / The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary / Man Grabs Nude Wife's Boobs In Maternity Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.