Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History (2990 Views)

4 Singers Chris Oyakhilome Has Mentored / The Road That Leads To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Hometown In Edo (Photos) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Gets Jet Plane Gift From Loveworld Music & Arts Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by donnie(m): 5:35pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bodydialect57:
grin grin grin farming loading...

No be play o. One gift I know I have, I dey see ahead and plan accordingly. I will not because of dollars let them stay and be killed or take that mark and go to lake of fire.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by paxonel(m): 5:37pm On Apr 09, 2020
donnie:
Covid19 rehearsals carried out 6 weeks before outbreak. undecided

Not all of us are fools.

https://www.nairaland.com/5782860/covid19-pandemic-rehearsals-carried-out#88249385
my guy get sense!
The video is part of the conspiracy theory
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by donnie(m): 5:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
paxonel:
my guy get sense!
The video is part of the conspiracy theory

Mtchew, for your mind you dey Alice in wonderland. Nor worry, e go soon clear you.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by paxonel(m): 5:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
petra1:

The video below explains it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxWiGClaFh0
I know this ex-nollywood actor, he now works with one pastor Chris okafor of liberation church, very useless drama church.

Nigerians when una won get sense? grin grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by donnie(m): 5:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
Goshen360:
Pastor Chris is a liar and confused man....

If he's saying 5G is what's killing people not Coronavirus why in the world was he praying and dispatching Angels to cause the vaccine to be made available quickly....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz_JYHcK5BI

It's only a confused man that talks from both sides of his mouth .... angry

I remember when he prayed that prayer. I'm not in the church but someone shared it. I started praying for the church after I watched it. The love and mercy of YAH does lead us into truth. If you are humble he can lead you.

This lockdown humbled many of them, caused them to seek YAH's face. Other greedy ones are waiting for resumption so they can continue thier SCAM. What Pastor Chris said made no sense to them.

I was elated when I heard him finally address the truth of the matter. Anyone who doesn't recognize what is happening is blind
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by paxonel(m): 5:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
donnie:

Mtchew, for your mind you dey Alice in wonderland. Nor worry, e go soon clear you.
ok, o!
I will remind you when the time comes.
That time we will know who truly dey Alice in wonderland grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by Goshen360(m): 5:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
LordReed:

Not 2weeks ago I was hailing him as a pragmatic person when he prayed for a fast discovery of the vaccine. Now this same guy is say vaccine is gonna be Mark of the beast. What a reversal. I don't want to but I can't help but wonder about his mental state.

Some church people already gave their pastors their brains to think for them. They can't even see that he himself just prayed 2 weeks ago for vaccines to be made available.

Come to think of it,

Iran doesn't have 5G at all and yet, Coronavirus 5G killed them more than Africa.... grin

As 5G is still a very new technology requiring the installation of vast amounts of telecoms equipment, it has not yet come online in many countries. Only 34 countries currently have 5G networks, but there are now confirmed coronavirus cases in 181 countries.

If 5G did cause the coronavirus – which it does not – the number of countries with cases would be the same as with 5G networks.

Take Sweden as an example of this: the country has no commercial 5G network, and has just one very small test network in one area of Stockholm. However, Sweden now has over 5,000 cases of coronavirus, with 308 confirmed deaths, and the first case was in the city of Jönköping, 360km away from Stockholm......copied
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by Goshen360(m): 5:51pm On Apr 09, 2020
donnie:

I remember when he prayed that prayer. I'm not in the church but someone shared it. I started praying for the church after I watched it. The love and mercy of YAH does lead us into truth. If you are humble he can lead you.

This lockdown humbled many of them, caused them to seek YAH's face. Other greedy ones are waiting for resumption so they can continue thier SCAM. What Pastor Chris said made no sense to them.

I was elated when I heard him finally address the truth of the matter. Anyone who doesn't recognize what is happening is blind

So you're now the one praying for pastor Chris to have revelation of what he came online to say emphatically as an authoritarian?

I agree with the part that this lockdown or event had humbled alot of them. You're right but do you think they ever will learn? Look, somethings I don't want to go into, it's not just they are humbled it's the fact that they are truly exposed for who they are and where the heart of some of them are as we've been shouting here for years.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by donnie(m): 6:08pm On Apr 09, 2020
Goshen360:

So you're now the one praying for pastor Chris to have revelation of what he came online to say emphatically as an authoritarian?

It is called intersession.

Goshen360:
I agree with the part that this lockdown or event had humbled alot of them. You're right but do you think they ever will learn? Look, somethings I don't want to go into, it's not just they are humbled it's the fact that they are truly exposed for who they are and where the heart of some of them are as we've been shouting here for years.

We keep praying. I know the Most High has a hand in this. The problem is beyond the individual pastors. It is with the very structure of the Christian church which is patterned after Rome. The Nigerian church has built on this model more than all others except Rome. It's beliefs, Feasts, modus operandi etc. All that is being judged now. And it has to be changed.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by LordReed(m): 6:21pm On Apr 09, 2020
donnie:

You this drunkard... I'm sure you've realized by now that there are many others who aren't stupid.

Hi dunce, yes I know you have a bunch of dummy friends.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 09, 2020
[quote author=donnie post=88265865]
No be play o. One gift I know I have, I dey see ahead and plan accordingly. I will not because of dollars let them stay and be killed or take that mark and go to lake of fire [/quotie].
What if dem pursue you/them come your village nko? grin
This is the time to watch and pray, joke apart.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by donnie(m): 6:47pm On Apr 09, 2020
Bodydialect57:
What if dem pursue you come you/them come your village nko? grin
This is the time to watch and pray, joke apart.
That's the key @ bolded. Yes watch and with this, make them come... angry

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by Buliwyf: 8:46pm On Apr 09, 2020
donnie:

Yes o, wetin I don see for bible finish. The bible didn't say if you're righteous and you take it you will be fine. No, you will cease to be yourself. I believe the scriptures... No apologies.

I just pity those pastors who because of jealousy spoke against what Pastor Chris said. In thier own best interest, they should come to the same public and REPENT openly or else...

Time for church politics don pass, but they don't know, they hope to resume soon and go back to their story telling.

But what if this stuff doesn't happen until you are old and grey? Would you agree that you were wrong?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by kingxsamz(m): 8:57pm On Apr 09, 2020
LordReed:

Not 2weeks ago I was hailing him as a pragmatic person when he prayed for a fast discovery of the vaccine. Now this same guy is say vaccine is gonna be Mark of the beast. What a reversal. I don't want to but I can't help but wonder about his mental state.

At that time, he hadn't received that viral whatsapp audio... grin
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by kingxsamz(m): 9:00pm On Apr 09, 2020
Buliwyf:

But what if this stuff doesn't happen until you are old and grey? Would you agree that you were wrong?

They'll surely come up with excuses....
The same way they were making excuses when TB Joshua lied about CoronaVirus ending on March27th.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by donnie(m): 9:09pm On Apr 09, 2020
Buliwyf:

Listen, you see the mark tin eh The way it is hotting Bill Gates, he cannot afford to wait till I'm grey. They had a target they want to achieve.

Google: ID2020
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by Raysleek: 11:46pm On Apr 09, 2020
ThinkFreely:
Theres no point in time WHO has asked you to use face mask?

No one will be responsible for your ignorance if you refuse to get news from reliable sources.
Then they want you to catch the virus. Cos wearing face masks helped reduce the infection rate in china. Who only recently changed their guidelines because of the shortage of face masks for medical workers.

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by ThinkFreely: 8:10am On Apr 10, 2020
O
Raysleek:

Then they want you to catch the virus. Cos wearing face masks helped reduce the infection rate in china. Who only recently changed their guidelines because of the shortage of face masks for medical workers.
show me where WHO asked you to wear mask?
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by Raysleek: 10:56am On Apr 10, 2020
ThinkFreely:
Oshow me where WHO asked you to wear mask?
Shower
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by Dantedasz(m): 1:16pm On Apr 10, 2020
donnie:

No be play o. One gift I know I have, I dey see ahead and plan accordingly. I will not because of dollars let them stay and be killed or take that mark and go to lake of fire.

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by donnie(m): 1:23pm On Apr 10, 2020
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by Dantedasz(m): 1:23pm On Apr 10, 2020
donnie:

Conspiracy theories have been around for ages and will always appear with science and new inventions. In fact all what Oyakhilome is sprouting has been around for ages. New world orders. Lockdowns. Cell therapy. Microchips under your skin. Manufacturing of diseases in order to control people. These things are just conspiracy theories,in fact here is a video of a rap song by the group Goodie mob singing about all these things from 1995....
Not 2020....1995!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGy4bmG5SJw
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by Dantedasz(m): 1:28pm On Apr 10, 2020
For those who can't catch the rap song and what they are talking about here is a lyrical version of the same song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrleEUZrWMY
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by newmi(m): 1:40pm On Apr 10, 2020
zikter:
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome has made history
Published April 9, 2020

Thursday with Abimbola Adelakun

In the past few days, I have watched several videos of my former pastor, Chris Oyakhilome, rehashing conspiracy theories that linked 5G technology with COVID-19. It has been a deeply embarrassing experience for me, watching him talk so confidently about what he has not even tried to understand. Oyakhilome’s church, Christ Embassy, has many upwardly mobile young people. Some of them work in the tech industry and could have put their pastor straight with some quick education on the different natures of technology and disease. How did they allow him to go on the pulpit and be asking people to pray against vaccines? How did it happen that he could pull up poorly designed charts on a large screen in the church and even share several videos that, although confirmed his paranoia, proved nothing substantial about the danger of 5G technology?

Pastor Chris is (or used to be) a modernist. I attended his church at some point partly because he was a skilled preacher of the Word with dazzling stagecraft, and partly because of their taste for tech stuff especially as it concerns modern gadgets. Part of Christ Embassy’s niche has been an unapologetic deployment of the aesthetic of the novel, their perspicacity to employ newer technologies before their counterparts. I do not think there is any church in Nigeria that has as many digital apps as Christ Embassy currently does. They invest in projects that concern using technology to further church experience on-ground and online. They also host frequent workshops where they brainstorm on how to advance churching with modern technology. Watching him now, I cannot reconcile Christ Embassy’s adaptive attitude to technological advancement with his newfound Luddism.

The advent of groundbreaking technology frequently gives rise to concerns and debates about how far humans should go in the bid to transcend existing limitations, but most of Pastor Chris’ assertions about 5G have been so atrocious that I facepalmed in shock. To think that there was a time that I took his sermons to be the very Word of God, and patterned my life based on his prophetic vision. If he could be so bold about what is clearly out of his range of competence, only God knows how much of what he taught us, his flock, were based on similarly poorly informed ideas

There is no point repeating Pastor Chris’ paranoia to offer a rebuttal. Trying to deploy facts to sway people who are already taken by conspiracy theories is usually counter-productive. I have not come across a single conspiracy theorist that can be convinced by facts. They will not only chalk down all your arguments to part of the conspiracy, but you will also end up strengthening their resolve. If Pastor Chris and his followers remain sceptical by the counterarguments offered by the Senior Pastor of Kingsway International Christian Centre, London, Matthew Ashimolowo, there is nothing else anyone can say that will move their needle. We cannot do anything about their beliefs, but we can put some ideas out there for the benefit of those who are not sure of what and how to believe.

Of course, Pastor Chris’ cant against 5G technology neatly folds into the history of human reactions against new technology. People have always been threatened by technological changes that change their relationship to time and space because, like it or not, it propels a new way of experiencing the self and the structures of existing relations. The invention of new things from writing to printing, bound books, photography, cars, the telephone, streetlights, the radio, cinema, film, and the Internet has been met with paranoia and moral panic. In the 19th Century, when Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone, people thought it would destroy privacy and social relations. According to one writer, because of telephone communication, “we will soon be nothing but transparent heaps of jelly to each other.” Today, people say pretty much the same thing about mobile phones and social media. We now look back nostalgically at the time when the telephone, the same device they said would ruin social relationships, was a far less-threatening means of technologically-mediated communication.

In 1825, when the Stockton-Darlington Railway opened in North-east England, people expressed fears as Pastor Chris and his followers are doing today. They said the railway was unsafe, that people would fall out of the contraption because of the speed at which trains could travel. Some thought the human body would melt if people travelled as fast as they could do through the railway. Some concerned individuals forewarned that women’s uteruses would fly out of their bodies if trains reached a speed level of 50 miles per hour. Today, we know better than traffic in such ideas anymore. Again, when electricity was being introduced into homes in the USA, people also protested. They warned that if private homes were to be lit, women and children would be unsafe because they would be visible to potential assaulters.

Some of the moral panic that seizes people who fear modern technology also happens because inventions make people see the world differently, and that affects how they relate to religious authority. Religious leaders particularly fear scientific advancement because it changes how people understand the Divine Will. We cannot narrate the history of the Protestant Reformation that changed the history of Europe without talking about the significant role that the invention of print technology played in that event. When Galileo started promoting his heliocentric theories in the 17th Century, the Church opposed the range of his vision because his radical claims challenged religious leaders’ interpretation of the Bible. They did not exactly put their anxieties in the apocalyptic language of the “anti-Christ,” as Pastor Chris is doing, but it was a similar threat of the restructuring of their familiar world. I concede that not every technology has been good for mankind, but one would expect someone of Pastor Chris’ calibre to at least do his homework before spewing 5G truthism and anti-vaccine conspiracy theories.

This 5G conspiracy theory and the link with COVID-19 will not be the end of the moral panic that will seize people. Every day, as science and technology advance its scope of possibilities, people will push back for fear of how it will take the bottom out of their world. They are not alone. There are bioethicists who also make important ethical arguments about human invention, and they challenge inventors to put a moral brake on their enthusiasm as they invent. They urge scientists to be responsible with their vision, and yes, we can be reassured they have our backs. What they do not do, is to ask people to pray against vaccines. That will be illiterate.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Coronavirus is from God

Finally, of this one thing I am now convinced: sometime in the future, when the COVID-19 vaccine has been developed and humans have overcome the disease; when the human race- including members of the future Christ Embassy who will inherit Pastor Chris’ church-are doing wonders with 10G technology, they will look back at this time in history and laugh at their founder in the same way we laugh at the wisdom of those who said if God wanted man to fly he would have given man wings. They will be amused at his claims the same way we are when we read historical accounts that tell us that people were once opposed to inventions like the eyeglasses because they thought disabilities were the will of God, and they were not meant to be corrected.

I do not know when that day will be and who will be around to witness it, but I do know that Pastor Chris will be remembered for being the face of 21st Century Luddism in this part of the world. He will be less remembered for the megachurch he built, the scores of young people like me that he nurtured, and even the various healing miracles that he performed. This crass display of ignorance is what will define his legacy. He will go down in history as a prophet, true, but one with a limited vision.

Copyright Punch newspaper
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

Good!
But lots of misinformation.
Pastor Chris is not particularly against 5G technology especially as you have mentioned yourself he is a protagonist for technology including the "good" talks about
the benefits of the technology in terms of its multifaceted possibilities but please listen to him agàin and understand his underlining concerns tandem to the bigger picture of such cynical agenda as the NWO and other sinister global interests.

So please go back and listen again because the man doesn't always gets involved with public issues per say so for him to speak up, don't you think it's in response to his sense of spiritual and moral duty and responsibility as such he should be taken more seriously? Does he look like someone seeking "cheap" popularity or acceptance?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by donnie(m): 1:42pm On Apr 10, 2020
Dantedasz:

Conspiracy theories have been around for ages and will always appear with science and new inventions. In fact all what Oyakhilome is sprouting has been around for ages. New world orders. Lockdowns. Cell therapy. Microchips under your skin. Manufacturing of diseases in order to control people. These things are just conspiracy theories,in fact here is a video of a rap song by the group Goodie mob singing about all these things from 1995....
Not 2020....1995!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGy4bmG5SJw

Nobody is holding you. When the vaccines are ready, go and collect your mark shot
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by Convid80(m): 1:47pm On Apr 10, 2020
Goshen360:
Pastor Chris is a liar and confused man....

If he's saying 5G is what's killing people not Coronavirus why in the world was he praying and dispatching Angels to cause the vaccine to be made available quickly....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hz_JYHcK5BI

It's only a confused man that talks from both sides of his mouth .... angry

Listen and watch the video from beginning to the end.
And quote what he said. Not what they said he said.

Remember, there is nothing like a careless statement... Every careless statement will be taken care of on that day.
Blessings!
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by Dantedasz(m): 3:31pm On Apr 10, 2020
donnie:

Nobody is holding you. When the vaccines are ready, go and collect your mark shot

There is no problem or issue here. What I am simply saying is that all these conspiracy theories have been around for ages. The fact that Oyakhilome linked coronavirus vaccines being a method of governmental control of citizens is nothing new or spectacular. As the musical video shows these theories have always existed and will always exist as long as mankind exists.
Conspiracy theorists will always have their say but in the end science will have it's way.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by donnie(m): 3:34pm On Apr 10, 2020
Dantedasz:

There is no problem or issue here. What I am simply saying is that all these conspiracy theories have been around for ages. The fact that Oyakhilome linked coronavirus vaccines being a method of governmental control of citizens is nothing new or spectacular. As the musical video shows these theories have always existed and will always exist as long as mankind exists.
Conspiracy theorists will always have their say but in the end science will have it's way.

He spoke as a prophet, not a conspiracy theorist. And those who have ears heard him.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by Dantedasz(m): 3:45pm On Apr 10, 2020
donnie:

He spoke as a prophet, not a conspiracy theorist. And those who have ears heard him.

Here is the trailer of a 2011 film Contagion about an airborne virus affecting the world. Are the producers of the movie prophets too because the correctly predicted a lot of things going on right now. undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sYSyuuLk5g

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by donnie(m): 3:52pm On Apr 10, 2020
Dantedasz:

Here is the trailer of a 2011 film Contagion about an airborne virus affecting the world. Are the producers of the movie prophets too because the correctly predicted a lot of things going on right now. undecided

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sYSyuuLk5g

No they are not. But the makers are part of the Illuminati or are connected to those who are. Listen, all of Hollywood, the media, Facebook, YouTube etc. are owned by these people. They control WHO, IMF and all.

So no big deal if the let some truth out. They are known to pass messages with many of their films. You probably think that the whole world is as shoked about current happenings as we are in Nigeria.... Naaah. Many of us were expecting. We predicted their every move. Watch out for the fall of America. The Pastors on Nigeria are blind. They worship the white man... Reason I say that white Jesus image is a curse upon our people.

The Most High YAH will neither sleep nor slumber. They know their judgement is close so thier trying to move fast. Some have built underground bunkers to take cover in.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by Dantedasz(m): 4:05pm On Apr 10, 2020
donnie:

No they are not. But the makers are part of the Illuminati or are connected to those who are. Listen, all of Hollywood, the media, Facebook, YouTube etc. are owned by these people. They control WHO, IMF and all.

So no big deal if the let some truth out. They are known to pass messages with many of their films. You probably think that the whole world is as shoked about current happenings as we are in Nigeria.... Naaah. Many of us were expecting. We predicted their every move. Watch out for the fall of America. The Pastors on Nigeria are blind. They worship the white man... Reason I say that white Jesus image is a curse upon our people.

The Most High YAH will neither sleep nor slumber. They know their judgement is close so thier trying to move fast. Some have built underground bunkers to take cover in.

More and more and more conspiracy theories not supported by facts. I guess you are toeing Oyakhilome's line. undecided
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History by donnie(m): 4:15pm On Apr 10, 2020
Dantedasz:

More and more and more conspiracy theories not supported by facts. I guess you are toeing Oyakhilome's line. undecided

I should carry you to their house ni? angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will Michael Jackson Go To Heaven? / Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, And Many More Are Satanic Tools Beware! / The Great Importance Of Speaking In Tongues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.