Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim (961 Views)

I Lost My Man Because I Slept With So Many Men - The Real Reason He Left!!! / Must I Inform Her Parent Of My Final Decision / I Want To Marry Her But Her Parent Says Over Their Deadbody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by taiwokehin(m): 8:20am On Jan 03, 2011
dis is really serious, i m in luv wit a xtian girl nd ready to take things to the next level by letting her parent know my intention towards her. But they refuse because i m a muslim, i luv u so and i dont want to loose u, she said; I m so confused in d sense dat i av never love a woman d way i love dis girl. Whdt do i do? Pls matured respond wil b okay
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by Madukaele(m): 8:29am On Jan 03, 2011
tell her to pretend she is nw a muslim, i think dats d only way
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by InkedNerd(f): 9:11am On Jan 03, 2011
@OP: Have you tried having a one on one chat with her parents? If so, while chatting with them did you ask them why they have reservations about their daughter's relationship with you? Poster, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by CyberG: 1:17am On Jan 04, 2011
This is what happens when your people go blowing up everything and every person they can find in any corner of the globe! See your life now outside? grin grin
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by Carolece(f): 1:23am On Jan 04, 2011
The world see Muslims different since 9-11 lipsrsealed
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by Dsense(m): 1:32am On Jan 04, 2011
CyberG:

This is what happens when your people go blowing up everything and every person they can find in any corner of the globe! See your life now outside? grin grin
Carolece:

The world see Muslims different since 9-11 lipsrsealed
Must both of you display your stupidity and dirty mentality angry
A guy is here seeking for an advice but you guys are here talking bout rubbish,Must moronic like you post on issues that re beyond your age angry

OP.
Try having a chat with her parents and see how things will go . . . . .It's gonna be alright!!!
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by Carolece(f): 1:40am On Jan 04, 2011
^^
Dirty mentality?

How stupid can you be?

Where on this earth are you? Some people never heard of the religion before 9-11, and if they knew, they didnt know what they were capable of doing. I didnt have a clue they were that "serious" about killing someone, having the mind to blow up yourself to kill someone takes "issues" to a new level. Which makes the entire world look at the religion a different way.
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by Dsense(m): 1:51am On Jan 04, 2011
I don't blame your chicken brain and way of thinking . . . . . . . .What assures you of the explosion been carried out by muslims?
Sometime you need to talk to your sense before contributing on threads!
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by MrsEve2(f): 1:52am On Jan 04, 2011
Dsense, come here now! angry
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by CyberG: 2:01am On Jan 04, 2011
D-sense:

Must both of you display your stupidity and dirty mentality angry
A guy is here seeking for an advice but you guys are here talking bout rubbish,Must moronic like you post on issues that re beyond your age angry

OP.
Try having a chat with her parents and see how things will go . . . . .It's gonna be alright!!!

If anyone is silly here, I say look at your other 4 fingers pointing at you! "Dense"-sense == ??. . .LOL
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by Dsense(m): 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2011
Mrs, Eve:

Dsense, come here now! angry
I'm here sweetie grin
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by Mavor: 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2011
You better go and convert!!!
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by sherfizle(m): 2:52pm On Jan 04, 2011
You have choices friend, it all depends on the strength of your faith. If you are a muslim who believes in the Quran, you should know that you cannot marry the lady except she converts first. Its like tins are happening the other way round. If you are truly a muslim, you would follow the words of the holy Quran by converting her b4 marriage, or you let her go, Then Pray to Allah to fulfil his promise by providing you with a good muslim girl. A girl that you share common beliefs with.
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by omega25red(m): 3:08pm On Jan 04, 2011
people and their beliefs

Poster you issue has come up on this site lots of time and i remember that the best advice i read regarding your issue is to have a sit down with her parents and let them understand that there is only one God who has many names which is whom you both are serving. If they refuse then maybe that family is not one you want to be associated with because as much as they claim to be Christians they are forgetting the first rule which is love your neighbor as you love yourself.
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by jaybee3(m): 3:14pm On Jan 04, 2011
Do you have strong Islamic views?
If not, then find a way to let them know you aren't about to change their beloved daughter.
As long as you are liberal then it's coolio. If not then you definitely have to move on and find your own muslim sista.
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by amefi(m): 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2011
omega25red:

people and their beliefs

Poster you issue has come up on this site lots of time and i remember that the best advice i read regarding your issue is to have a sit down with her parents and let them understand that there is only one God who has many names which is whom you both are serving. If they refuse then maybe that family is not one you want to be associated with because as much as they claim to be Christians they are forgetting the first rule which is love your neighbor as you love yourself.

NOT IN MARRIAGE MY FRND. THE BIBLE CLEARLY STATES THAT U SHUD NT BE UNEQUALLY YOKED WIT AN UNBELIEVER (2CORITHIANS 6:14)
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2011
The best thing 4 u 2 do now is 2 have a one on one talk with the gal parents. I hope the see reason with u, if nt just simply run far away with ur wife 2 be 2 jupiter.
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by Saraha1(f): 7:10pm On Jan 04, 2011
Dnt just worried ur self over the impossibilty.i brokeup my relatinshp last yr, december precisely, cos my guy was a muslim .during the time of our courtship i took observate of certain things and i concluded it will be better to go for some one who we both share thesame believe .(the only mistake i did was, i did't tell him y am breaking up with him)bt to him,he thought i hav gottn some one 2 replace.
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 04, 2011
There's one salient lie muslims like propagating. That we're serving the same God.
Pls n pls again, know it that Yahweh and allah are not one and the same.
BTW, shey muslim females don finish?
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by thiscounts(m): 9:20pm On Jan 04, 2011
May be there are more to it than the religion.Let who you are bedazzle them,let your character show who you are.Let them see you beyond your religion.Let them sigh, give them no choice than to consent to the marriage, let them see in you that there is no any other better man who could really be her joy than you.

And if u've shown all these excellent character and they remain obstinate, then THEY ARE FANATICS,and they are not good as in-law, ALL FANATICS ARE THE SAME in whatever under religion they disguise, they could suicide bomb,they are not better than boko haram,they are not better than the Fulani in Jos,they are not better than any terrorist in the world.

So go in peace and pick from the world of peace
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by pwiz(m): 9:38pm On Jan 04, 2011
My friend OP,My only advise is that dnt convert to the opposite bcoz of love.If the parent says the only way they cn giv out their daughter is 4 u to convert,my dear no gree at all,many muslim(beautiful) sistas are out their so carry on shikena.
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by 1one: 9:40pm On Jan 04, 2011
amefi:

NOT IN MARRIAGE MY FRND. THE BIBLE CLEARLY STATES THAT U SHUD NT BE UNEQUALLY YOKED WIT AN UNBELIEVER (2CORITHIANS 6:14)
careytommy:

There's one salient lie muslims like propagating. That we're serving the same God.
Pls n pls again, know it that Yahweh and allah are not one and the same.
BTW, shey muslim females don finish?
What kind of wine should I buy for the both of you.Non alcoholic of course. grin
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by NegroNtns(m): 9:42pm On Jan 04, 2011
Tell the parents that before Christianity and Islam was brought to Nigeria, Christians and Muslims in Arabia inter-married.  It is marriage under the POB clause.
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by tunnytox(m): 11:24pm On Jan 04, 2011
Whilst I have nothing against Muslims I will not subscribe to my daughter marrying a muslim. I don't beleive in Islam, I'll continue to teach my children in what I believe is right for them BUT I'll not be exerting any force on them to do my wish at all cost.
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by Yem2ram(m): 12:02am On Jan 05, 2011
I wonder why some parent tinks they know best when it comes 2 love.go&c d dem & try letting dem know how much u luv the girl,let them realise dat u may nt b of d same religion,but u so much respect their religion dat's why u want 2 marry her.good luck&send me an iv.
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 06, 2011
Its better u let go knw b4 it is 2late, was also in dat shit datin a muslim,my folk ddnt allw,his 2 ddnt allw,we had 2end it, who knws u mite get lucky,if u really luv eachoda u can be persistent,
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 06, 2011
Muslims guys have principle  smiley

Sharap to all of the nay sayers who want to quote me  grin

amefi:

Yea, the same bible that was used to justify slavery and African oppression.  tongue (GENESIS - REVELATIONS) grin
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by amefi(m): 12:44am On Jan 07, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

Muslims guys have principle smiley

Sharap to all of the nay sayers who want to quote me grin

Yea, the same bible that was used to justify slavery and African oppression. tongue (GENESIS - REVELATIONS) grin

cud u pls b specific wt ur bible ref. thank u.
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by 1one: 1:07am On Jan 07, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

Muslims guys have principle  smiley

Sharap to all of the nay sayers who want to quote me  grin

Yea, the same bible that was used to justify slavery and African oppression.  tongue (GENESIS - REVELATIONS) grin

These are the kind of statements we get when we think the bible is just another pick off - the shelf boredom filling,curiosity satisfying pre-civilization/medieval history book.Even if you read Gen-Revelation upside down with a telescope there's no where in the bible that agrees with this idea of yours.Get your facts right PLS?
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by amefi(m): 2:33am On Jan 07, 2011
1one:

These are the kind of statements we get when we think the bible is just another pick off - the shelf boredom filling,curiosity satisfying pre-civilization/medieval history book.Even if you read Gen-Revelation upside down with a telescope there's no where in the bible that agrees with this idea of yours.Get your facts right PLS?

if she cud read Ezra 10:1-5, she wud understand better.
Re: Her Parent Refuse Us Because I Am A Muslim by dulaman: 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2011
@sherfizle. who told you a muslim guy cant marry a xtian girl. go and ask,it is islamically accepted to marry a xtian and a jewish woman,but not opposite,and each of them will maintain their religion.is just that it is advisable to marry ur religion.

(1) (Reply)

Is It The Sole Responsibility Of Men To Always Initiate Love-making? / My Future Partner's Ex-girl Friend Threatens Me And Tries To Come Back / Do I Have The Right Or A Reason To Be Angry Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.