Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,441 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) (110278 Views)

COVID-19 In Ecuador: Cardboard Coffins, Over 100 Bodies Litter The Streets / COVID-19: Brazil Digs Hundreds Of Graves In Preparation For Deaths (Photos) / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by Odunolumide(m): 12:19pm On Apr 10, 2020
chatinent:
Life like a mist.
appears for a day then disappears tomorrow. If a man should die,can he live again...
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by blowjohn(m): 12:19pm On Apr 10, 2020
77up:
Amen to your prayer but am afraid with the way people are negligent with this case . Seen how people packed themselves in the name of exercise and those playing under bridge as if nothing happen in Lagos ,if you watch lockdown clip across the country now , you will see the way people are going about their businesses as if nothing happens, surly am afraid bro cry

I actually watch this mass burial on TV , bro I must confess that I'm on panic mode shocked

Lagos is going to be on lockdown till December.
Otherwise it's going to be another nightmare on elm street
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by Biafrarep(m): 12:20pm On Apr 10, 2020
nijabazaar:

They really need to be sanctioned by all and sundry. But who will. The world is so dependent on china for all her consumables that if we sanction China....No one will work. Businesses will collapse. Many African countries will go bankrupt (China is our backbone)
How did we get to be so dependent on one country sef?

Yes, I agree with you that Africa can't do anything since almost every country in the continent is owing them. However, the West (America and Europe) as well as India, Australia etc can and should decisively deal with these communists. The only genuine friends China has is Russia, North Korea and maybe Syria but these countries are except maybe Russia are not influential in world trade. America can rally the Europeans to place trade embargo on China and its exports and finances. They don't have to do it in one fell swoop but gradually. Since cheap labour is the reason why most Western companies established in China in the name of capitalism, India and Africa has lots of cheap labour too.
The developed world should do everything necessary to bring China on its knees.
Such wicked nation does not deserve to be the number superpower.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:20pm On Apr 10, 2020
tillaman:
Omo this is really sad! Why not just cremate them other than bury them like this
In another 300 years to come some archaeologists will discover this place and a lot of theories will arise from different angles!!

May God rest their souls!
We move

Nothing like that would happen.

Today, and even many years past, proper documentation and advancement in science and technology has helped archaeologists from even making assumptions, let alone inaccurate theories.
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by 0m0nnakoda: 12:20pm On Apr 10, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Get lost.
Ask your God to help you with that
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by DabuIIIT: 12:21pm On Apr 10, 2020
[s]
0m0nnakoda:

Viruses need a LIVING RESERVOIR. They can survive outside the reservoir for short periods
some viruses can infect the individual for life e.g HIV,Hepatitis B
Such a person may show no symptoms and then transmit to other
There are other viruses like the cold virus which cause a short illness though some may be without symptoms and still infectious,until the body fights it off and kills it off

In the case of coronavirus we are still learning about it but the common belief is the 2 week theory

I call that a theory because it is early days and that could still be disproved. Today I read that in Korea some people who tested negative have retested positive indicating that they were either reinfected or the virus was hiding somewhere and has been reactivated or there was a mistake with the test
[/s]

Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by qualityovenbake(m): 12:22pm On Apr 10, 2020
77up:
Amen to your prayer but am afraid with the way people are negligent with this case . Seen how people packed themselves in the name of exercise and those playing under bridge as if nothing happen in Lagos ,if you watch lockdown clip across the country now , you will see the way people are going about their businesses as if nothing happens, surly am afraid bro cry

I actually watch this mass burial on TV , bro I must confess that I'm on panic mode shocked
Lagos state government have made some arrest. N100k as fine with community service or you one month in prison.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:22pm On Apr 10, 2020
masterflowx:
The worst pandemic to befall humanity so far.
Dear God, remember you sent your only begotten son (Jesus Christ) to the world to pay the price of this death for us.

Lord, in your tender mercies forgive us all our shortcomings and heal the world with the blood of Jesus Christ that sheds on the cross of Calvary in Jesus name, Amen!

It is not the worst, please.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by Boyooosa(m): 12:23pm On Apr 10, 2020
internationalman:
I just pray the USA does not respond with war with China...

If this shit started in USA, a lot of conspiracy theory would have been flying around now..
And you have not heard of any
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:25pm On Apr 10, 2020
kestolove95:
Dey should hv burn dem

What is the use of burning them?

Burying them is better. It would help the soil.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by DabuIIIT: 12:26pm On Apr 10, 2020
Are we watching a movie or what?!

Is this apocalypse!?
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by blowjohn(m): 12:26pm On Apr 10, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:
Who else noticed all the guys doing the burial are blacks.

Is it that the whites don't know how to bury people.

U r the only one that noticed that.
U r on ur own.
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by Explorers(m): 12:27pm On Apr 10, 2020
Awoleesu:
Why do I feel uncomfortable with the aspect ratio of the images here?

See:

Size of men : size of machine

Size of machine: size of casket

Size of men : size of the NYCD truck...

Is a drone shot.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by Jahwinaboy(m): 12:30pm On Apr 10, 2020
Man is Dust. Everyone needs to adjust and look up to the Creator
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by hodari: 12:30pm On Apr 10, 2020
amosuoluwaseyi:
Italy with over 10k death did not invite China doctors while Nigeria with only 7 death invited them.

This is what we call inferiority complex.

https://cdn-af.feednews.com/news/detail/ee2bb93c738139db976a63e4050fd5b6
Stop lying. undecided

Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by nijabazaar: 12:31pm On Apr 10, 2020
Biafrarep:

Yes, I agree with you that Africa can't do anything since almost every country in the continent is owing them. However, the West (America and Europe) as well as India, Australia etc can and should decisively deal with these communists. The only genuine friends China has is Russia, North Korea and maybe Syria but these countries are except maybe Russia are not influential in world trade. America can rally the Europeans to place trade embargo on China and its exports and finances. They don't have to do it in one fell swoop but gradually. Since cheap labour is the reason why most Western companies established in China in the name of capitalism, India and Africa has lots of cheap labour too.
The developed world should do everything necessary to bring China on its knees.
Such wicked nation does not deserve to be the number superpower.

Its gonna be hard I tell you.
Harder on American companies too.

They dont only crave for cheap labour but cheap technically educated labour too. India might offer that kinda of technical labour but I doubt if Africa can.

Secondly, the chinese labour have the spirit of collectivism. That worker ant mentality. They can work nine to twelve a day. Someone raised in a democratic setting like Nigeria or india or Americans does not believe in the worker ant mentality. A nigerian cant work nine to twelve without strong resentments. But up there in China, their communist upbringing ensures that and capitalists from the west are capitalising on it.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by michlins(m): 12:42pm On Apr 10, 2020
Explorers:
The refrigerated truck that was brought onto the island is the same as those currently parked outside hospitals across Manhattan as part of makeshift morgues set up to deal with the number of people dying from the coronavirus outbreak.

THE GRISLY HISTORY OF HART ISLAND: THE FINAL RESTING PLACE FOR OVER ONE MILLION BODIES

Hart Island, sometimes referred to as Hart's Island, has a grisly history and started being used as a cemetery during the civil war in 1868 and there are now more than a million bodies buried there.

Since then it has been used as a women's psychiatric institution, a tuberculosis sanatorium, a potter's field burial site and storage for Cold War anti-aircraft missiles.

After its first use as a cemetery in 1868, the island started to be used as a potter's field for unmarked graves and accounts from the time describe bodies piling up on the island after being transported from hospitals in the city.

By 1958, burials there exceeded 500,000 and it has been used to house the bodies of victims of the 1870 yellow fever epidemic and the 1919 Spanish Flu outbreak.

During the Spanish Flu, when more than 500,000 Americans died, thousands were buried at Hart Island as city burial sites were overwhelmed.

In more recent times, thousands of unclaimed AIDs victims have been buried on the island.

The first were buried in 1985 away from other graves, in the belief that AIDs could infect dead bodies.

In one 200-foot trench the remains of 8,904 babies were buried between 1988 and 1999

It returned to being used as a common grave in the 1980s and is still used to bury unknown or unclaimed people with bodies from across New York taken to the site twice a week and laid to rest by inmates at Rikers Island.

Due to a New York State law from the 1850s and last amended in 2007, a dead person's next of kin on have 48 hours after death to claim a body for burial.

If the body is unclaimed it becomes legally available as a medical cadavar to be used for training at medical schools or mortuary classes.

The island, which can only be accessed by ferryboat, was sold to the city in 1868 and became a final resting place for unclaimed bodies and those used by medical schools.
it's history makes it a perfect place for horror movies.
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by larrysworld: 12:42pm On Apr 10, 2020
hodari:

Stop lying. undecided

You are the one not getting your facts correctly sir. China added fuel to the fire already burning in Italy, that might explain why the situation has not really improved over there.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-italy-coronavirus-supplies-buy-back
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by Ohraykon: 12:43pm On Apr 10, 2020
djlyrics:
People dying like flies everyday.
It's a population check mechanism, the Asians and Europeans knows what they are doing. wink
and african Presidents dey are in it together if ghadaffi was alive he would av exposed dem
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by larrysworld: 12:57pm On Apr 10, 2020
nijabazaar:

Its gonna be hard I tell you.
Harder on American companies too.

They dont only crave for cheap labour but cheap technically educated labour too. India might offer that kinda of technical labour but I doubt if Africa can.

Secondly, the chinese labour have the spirit of collectivism. That worker ant mentality. They can work nine to twelve a day. Someone raised in a democratic setting like Nigeria or india or Americans does not believe in the worker ant mentality. A nigerian cant work nine to twelve without strong resentments. But up there in China, their communist upbringing ensures that and capitalists from the west are capitalising on it.

You are right. I think this is the reason Trump moved more to improve relationship with India. The population number is similar and also labour availability. I believe Trump saw ahead and he decided to diversify the cheap labour market that American companies always sought by also negotiating USMCA. This will give American companies a choice of India and Mexico to choose from in terms of labour and these two nations are a democracy unlike the communist China.

China has more to lose in the long run, hence the Chinese Virus.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by kunleham(m): 12:58pm On Apr 10, 2020
ebuk4real:
cool

It's well. Now it seems the cold weather over there also plays a role in this corona pandemic o.

God will continue to help us down here, that's if we too play our part by helping ourselves...
I don't agree with this theory of cold weather aggravate the covid-19 deaths. What of Iran and Saudi Arabia that are desert basically?
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by safarigirl(f): 12:58pm On Apr 10, 2020
masterflowx:
Dear God, remember you sent your only begotten son (Jesus Christ) to the world to pay the price of this death for us.

Lord, in your tender mercies forgive us all our shortcomings and heal the world with the blood of Jesus Christ that sheds on the cross of Calvary in Jesus name, Amen!

So far what?

You think the world started in 1990?

There Was a pandemic in the 50's or so, that killed 500,000 Nigerians, imagine how many people died the world over. And you are calling Corona the worst.

Just say, the worst in your lifetime so far

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by shogsman(m): 1:00pm On Apr 10, 2020
internationalman:
I just pray the USA does not respond with war with China...

If this shit started in USA, a lot of conspiracy theory would have been flying around now..
That's not even an option, this is why I really feel for them.
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by shogsman(m): 1:01pm On Apr 10, 2020
masterflowx:

You're wrong, it's not the worst to befall humanity, the worse in your lifetime would have been more appropriate
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by Bigjohn123: 1:01pm On Apr 10, 2020
This explorer guy, u too much, I just get reason ur matter...the way u dry give us real time info... God bless u sir
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by AmTruth: 1:03pm On Apr 10, 2020
That's why I personally say that it's easier to handle a hungry family than a sick family.

Gasping for air is never something one should wish for himself when concern for food would never even be considered when it happened but to make provision for air to keep you to live first.

Let maintain stay at home for now even as it's not easy.
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by Citytrend: 1:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
OceanEye:
A lot of people, even some of the exposed Nigerians don't care this issue is critical. Let's just hope it doesn't get worst to this level.
You're the worst Fool lie I've ever seen in entire life joking with death. Anyway, I don't blame you. You're probably still eating free food which is why you're so insensitive about this type of tragedy
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by benebaby77: 1:10pm On Apr 10, 2020
masterflowx:

Not the worst pandemic. Spanish Flu is the worst...
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by benebaby77: 1:10pm On Apr 10, 2020
masterflowx:

Not the worst pandemic. Spanish Flu is the worst so far..
Re: COVID-19 In New York: Hundreds Of Bodies Buried In Mass Grave On Island(Pics) by CoronaVirusPro: 1:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
masterflowx:

False!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Could This Be STD Or Bad Immune System? / Just Confirmed I Am HIV Positive / What Coca-cola Does To Your Penis Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.