Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations (27137 Views)

COVID-19: Edo State Denies Unvaccinated Civil Servants Access To Their Offices / Lagos State Denies Distributing Expired Food / Oyo State Denies Knowledge Of Demolition Of Ayefele's Radio House - DAILY TRUST (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by adeleyeadeoluwa(m): 7:18am On Apr 10, 2020
The Lagos State government has reacted to the news in some quarters that it has relaxed the lockdown in the state for the sake of the Easter celebration.

The reaction was conveyed in a Twitter message by the Chief Press Secretary to Lagos State Governor, Mr Gboyega Akosile.

Tweeting via @gboyegaakosile, the chief press secretary described as false, a news report in some quarters of the online media, claiming that Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has relaxed the state’s lockdown order for Easter celebrations.

Akosile, in a short statement, urged Lagosians to disregard the report and treat as another fake news, being spread by some persons to undermine the good work of the Governor in his fight against the novel coronavirus.

Akosile said: “the lockdown order was made by the Federal Government, and the state government was carried along. The Governor will not unilaterally relax the restrictions of movement. The purveyors of the fake news are mischief makers who are only interested in undermining the efforts of the state government to combat and curtail the coronavirus disease. Lagosians should be wary of fake news at this time.”
https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/lagos-govt-denies-relaxing-lockdown-for-easter-celebration/amp/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by Bakerdav: 7:21am On Apr 10, 2020
Yes that d best thing, I don't know y some state doesn't do d same, it's d best interest of pple

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by sammyj: 7:22am On Apr 10, 2020
Hmmmmmmm
Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by Iceclan(m): 7:27am On Apr 10, 2020
It's a nice move, but I still feel people should be giving a day or two to shop for groceries cause most people don't have food in their houses.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by bsalawu: 7:28am On Apr 10, 2020
Ok Sir.
Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by mrofficial042: 7:50am On Apr 10, 2020
If u believe corona virus is real

Then ure a fool

Covid 19 is just an advanced malaria grin grin

See my signature for info on how to earn free money online

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by StrikeBack(m): 7:50am On Apr 10, 2020
Lockdown extension loading

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by Olarewaju89: 7:50am On Apr 10, 2020
Thank so much nairalanders, I really appreciate you for your concern over my situation right now . Hunger is bad oo,,,,, I pray we will not die in this quarantine time and we will not beg for leaving in Jesus name! Thanks to everyone most especially the igbos. Pls govt should set us free by next week i want to get back to work Abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by yjgm(m): 7:51am On Apr 10, 2020
They are doing well.
Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by SoftP(m): 7:51am On Apr 10, 2020
Lolz’

We die here
Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by amiibaby(f): 7:51am On Apr 10, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by Agent8706(m): 7:51am On Apr 10, 2020
If this is true then it's a welcomed development. I know it's going to be difficult, yes, but this Convid-19 needs to be given the respect it deserves. We all need to attack it with all the arsenal we'll got and the first line of attack is to stay and work from home for as long as is necessary to fight this.

Let's all celebrate our Easters indoors watching the passion of Christ than risk escalating matters abeg! We will defeat this Convid-19 come what may.

Happy Good Friday everyone.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by Jack500: 7:51am On Apr 10, 2020
Lockdown without food? Abeg! Free us. What's happening to some people now is even worse than coro, free people,abeg.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by gambia(m): 7:51am On Apr 10, 2020
Further extension of lock down loading.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by manontree: 7:52am On Apr 10, 2020
People should be prepared for a further 7 days extension.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by Hausaboy239(m): 7:52am On Apr 10, 2020
G
Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by braine(m): 7:52am On Apr 10, 2020
Good.
Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by allenuzoma(m): 7:53am On Apr 10, 2020
Iceclan:
It's a nice move, but I still feel people should be giving a day or two to shop for groceries cause most people don't have food in their houses.
24 hours is enough to double the spread the COVID-19.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 10, 2020
lol
Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by Roon9(m): 7:53am On Apr 10, 2020
Hmm... Only God can help us
Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by XshegzzyeeiX: 7:53am On Apr 10, 2020
Be your brother's keeper.
Ignore what some corrupt goverment officials are doing.
If you are blessed with essential human resources like food and cash, please help save lives.

Avoid crowded places.
#StaySafe
#StayAlive

3 Likes

Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by jeff1607(m): 7:54am On Apr 10, 2020
Bakerdav:
Yes that d best thing, I don't know y some state doesn't do d same, it's d best interest of pple

have empathy

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 10, 2020
Bakerdav:

mumu, other states that relaxed did convid wipe the citizens out?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by wilemer: 7:54am On Apr 10, 2020
adeleyedeoluwa:
The Lagos State government has reacted to the news in some quarters that it has relaxed the lockdown in the state for the sake of the Easter celebration.
The reaction was conveyed in a Twitter message by the Chief Press Secretary to Lagos State Governor, Mr Gboyega Akosile.

Tweeting via @gboyegaakosile, the chief press secretary described as false, a news report in some quarters of the online media, claiming that Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has relaxed the state’s lockdown order for Easter celebrations.

they berra not
Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by NaijadrivaCars: 7:54am On Apr 10, 2020
Denials everywhere!

But to be frank, in a case like this communicable virus, every human gathering has to be stopped.
Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by allenuzoma(m): 7:55am On Apr 10, 2020
mrofficial042:
If u believe corona virus is real

Then ure a fool

Covid 19 is just an advanced malaria grin grin

See my signature for info on how to earn free money online
All your statements are scamming and dubious.

17 Likes

Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by TGM2015: 7:55am On Apr 10, 2020
I can understand, Lagos has been having around 10 New confirmed cases everyday. Not like Ogun that has 4 cases and no new case for close to a week now and some other states with less than 5 cases with no new reported cases.

Lagos should be extra careful, but I will not support extension for Lagos because if a person has not show symptoms for over 18 days (FG 14 days plus Lagos 7 days that start Thursday before the Tuesday FG locked down order), then such person likely has no COVID-19.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Denies Relaxing Lockdown For Easter Celebrations by Zchi1052(m): 7:55am On Apr 10, 2020
But they supposed to relax it
Things have gone out of hand already in terms of food
In our area boy de vex...them don start to obtain people more than ever cos bet9ja wey them de go play game and any other bet shops no function
Now food cost like never before and next tomorrow is Easter day ,how can local man cope
Money sef no de hand again to buy food eat cry cry

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zamfara Assembly Suspends Lawmakers ‘for Working With Bandits’ / NNPC Questions Missing $2.8bn Oil Money During Buhari's Tenure As Minister / BUSTED: London Wellington Hospital Disown Metuh’s Dr Casey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.