Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics (4689 Views)

The Gift Abdulaziz Alsharrah Gave To Atiku Abubakar In Abuja / Check Out A Nigerian Reply To Atiku Abubakars Tweet..(photo) / Buhari And Atiku Pictured Together Amidst Rumour Of Jonathan’s Visit To Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by away4real(m): 4:35pm On Jan 04, 2011
Author it should be High on abuses and NO economics.

Frankly, this is pathetic. I dislike Atiku (with a passion) and believe he is part of the problem but geez the man has raised very valid issues, and this is what the presidency can come up with.

More shocking is the fact that the so called finance minister from Goldman Sachs has nothing to say.

Where are all the journalist they should be at the gate of the Ministry of Finance seeking for an official position.

What a joke of a country.

Kudos to Atiku (hate saying this) but he has directed the debate to issues and not personality or tribe. Thumbs up to who ever advised him.
Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by SkyBlue1: 4:40pm On Jan 04, 2011
goggs:

why all there sources na anonymous? Who sold the dummy? Such comprehensive questions on the budget requires concise answers not one anonymous, name calling, blabing . The source, if true, ended up doing more damage to Big Joe

I don't really think so. I think the people who would get riled up by the article would most likely be those who tend to have a (dare I say) bias against Jonathan. I think people who approach the news a bit more rationally would be able to distinguish between an "anonymous" and an official press release. Anyone can be an anonymous source. This has nothing to do with defending anybody but more to do with common sense discourse.
Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by goggs(m): 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2011
all sources are quoting anonymous presidential aide and all are carrying similar stories.Did the aide call them one after another and tell them the exclusive? Or was it like a press release and the author was listed as 'the source'. Kai this is childish. Big joe is getting it wrong on this one.
Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 04, 2011
Truly, i see what you are trying to do.

FYI, i am neither Pro GEJ, Atiku nor any other aspiring candidate.
Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by 9ijaMan: 5:02pm On Jan 04, 2011
tredkiller:

They should stop telling lies about Okonjo Iweala. She did not made those atatements attributed to her. Read her recent comments about Nzigeria

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/nigeria-far-behind-g20-countries-okonjo-iweala/
Thank you my brother.

goggs:

all sources are quoting anonymous presidential aide and all are carrying similar stories.Did the aide call them one after another and tell them the exclusive? Or was it like a press release and the author was listed as 'the source'. Kai this is childish. Big joe is getting it wrong on this one.
My thoughts too!
Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by truly: 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2011
goggs:

why all there sources na anonymous? Who sold the dummy? Such comprehensive questions on the budget requires concise answers not one anonymous, name calling, blabing . The source, if true, ended up doing more damage to Big Joe
The story is on the front page of the Guardian. Page 6 of The BusinessDay and it is in the Nation

I am not sure that these journalists (consider just The Guardian) are so silly and incompetent at their jobs that they will fall for these dummies. FYI, virtually all the people in BusinessDay are for Johnathan. I can prove it!

Do we realise we are never so suspicious of stories disparaging Turai?
Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by truly: 5:21pm On Jan 04, 2011
Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 04, 2011
http://www.worldstagegroup.com/worldstage/index.php?&id=1578&active=news

Atiku is desperate, ignorant of economy- Presidency source

Abuja (WorldStage Newsonline)-- A Presidency source on Monday in Abuja faulted the claims of the former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar on this year's budget, saying his desperation has beclouded his knowledge of the workings of the economy.
The top Presidential aide who spoke on the condition of anonymity said Atiku missed it all in his bid to discredit the government's economic policies.

Former Vice President and presidential aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party had on Sunday warned that the nation’s economy was going broke.

In an 11-page letter to the President, the former Vice President said a budget predicated on consumption without corresponding investments in critical infrastructure was a recipe for economic disaster.

But the presidential aide said: “This is a desperate bid for him to win the sympathy of Nigerians to run as flag bearer of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). For a man of Atiku's position, been a former VP and one who presently aspires to the top position in the country, talking down on the economy without offering credible alternatives is unforgivable.

“Some of the issues Atiku talked about are those which have been identified by the government and which are currently been addressed by the President Jonathan's government.

“Atiku is once again deliberately distorting the facts and misrepresenting the books. His talking down on the economy is a slap on his party and a clear demonstration of his lack of patriotism. By his actions, he is casting aspersion on the country and putting the nation in very bad light both locally and internationally.

“Such a man is only desperate to get what he wants without putting the interests of the nation at heart. In the letter he wrote, what credible alternatives did he suggest to the government if he were sincere? This clearly shows that Atiku is a man who thinks about himself and his immediate family alone.”

The source maintained that “Atiku's desperation speaks volume about his credibility and values," stressing that “sadly, we have addressed all the issues he talked about in the letter he wrote to Mr. President."

Contrary to Atiku,s claims, the source further said Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, managing director of the World Bank never criticized the economy, saying “in fact the World Bank she works for commended Nigeria's steady economic growth and for Atiku to begin to use that as reference point shows clearly his gross lack of understanding of the workings of the Nigerian economy.”

The source also said contrary to Atiku's claims, the international credit rating agencies never downgraded Nigeria instead it “reaffirmed the credit rating of Nigeria and commended the government for its robust macroeconomic policies."

The source explained that “it was the outlook that they expressed reservations because of the forthcoming general election.”

Story by Victor Iluyemi (info@worldstagegroup.com)

that is the response?!?!?!?!? CHEI!!! serious wahala dey.
they did not address a single point the man brought up. if he is wrong, show us how he is wrong! that is debate 101.
okay, "some" of the issues have been identified. which ones? and which ones did he bring up were not on the radar?
that 11 page report had facts and figures. where are yours?
NA WA OOO!!!
Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 04, 2011
Someone said that Nigeria is too complex for Jonathan, hence my comment.
I can't remember telling you that I wanted Akunyilli to run for anything or where she said that information ministry is too complex than Nigerian senate either for her. So I don't know where you coming from now with this or th connection. You seems a one man fighting for an empty bus all the time.
If for anything, I think that local government responsibilities in a real democracy/serious nation must be more complex than Nigeria senate.
I had told you before, you seems to have personal issue with Mrs Akunyilli and that is your business with her, and you should go and have it our with her. I am sure you are old enough to to run for an office yourself.
I am not a Dora supporter, neither her opponent, or her spokeperson, but you kept mixing up issues about her just because you don't like her as a person, and using my person to start another argument over your personal obsession. Leave me out of it.

LOL!!! grin cheesy wink
Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by Eziachi: 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2011
Typical myopic government. Their response to what Mr Atiku said is to abuse him and telling us how unpatriotic he was for just stating the obvious, except that he came with some jaw breaking facts and figures.

It seems to me Jonathan wants to be president for just wanting to be a president without any plans. The biggest problem of Nigeria from birth had always been having leaders that never knew they will lead because they never aspire but rather leaders pushed into their positions either by accident or by some wicked design. From Balewa-Jonathan the story is the same.

When you keep having leaders that believed that God ordained them and many literates/illiterate buys it, that nation is in serious trouble. Now they are saying that what Atiku said wasn't from him but from Soludo, so if Soludo was that good, why didn't them use him or why did they got rid of him?
Every good leader surrounds his government or campaign team with proven proffessionals like Soludo, just like Pres' Obama did during his campaign and now in government. But just as with the culture of Nigeria being followed by Jonathan step by step, appointments are made not on merit or knowledge but based on quota system.
Stop the name calling and address the issues raised- fact to fact and figure to figure. I am not a supporter of Atiku or any of them clowns but when the truth is told, no matter from what sources, its still very relevant and must be addressed.
Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by dayokanu(m): 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2011
^^ Response from GEJ team:

You are crazy, you are desperate, you are corrupt you are this you are that.

3 pages and none of the issues raised was addressed

Goodluck Nigeria
Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by xterra2(m): 9:02pm On Jan 04, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ Response from GEJ team:

You are crazy, you are desperate, you are corrupt you are this you are that.

3 pages and none of the issues raised was addressed

Goodluck Nigeria
Exactly my point !!!!!!
That is it!!!

How Bleep.in dumb are people ?
Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by Theblessed(f): 12:21am On Jan 05, 2011
[b][size=18pt]Isn't it silly telling us what we already, know?  The inflated local contract costs that never was and never got delivered.  Don't we know about it? We all know about the cons and please, stop re-iterating.

But, can the Atiku camp swear they'd never ever awarded such ghost local contracts, ever? Or, knew a man who had?cool  Well, if they say they hadn't, I suggest, they try it?

This behaviour is rife in Nigerian politics and we can only stop it, by stop shouting and doing something about it! Let's find a:

Solution, Solution and more Solutions to this evil, called corruption that has eaten up our beautiful Country, instead of talk, talk and more talk.angry It's for these lazy reasons, that our so called leaders, gave up Nigerian Sovereignty in fighting for, and winning our strategic 'oil land' that borders with Cameroon some years ago. 

Because, they believe, fighting for our rights over that land would not only pull resources away, from their hidden Bank Accounts all over the world but also, the events would have not only challenged them mentally, intellectually and militarily as well as, seen millions of lazy a r s e Nigerian soldiers (mainly men from the North) dead/loose their lazy lives in the process. And what's wrong with that??cool cool   

Wouldn't that have been better than what Nigerians are going through, now?

They backed off claiming our Sovereignty for us yet, considers themselves leaders, my butt! History will judge them, all! This is why, Nigeria us yet to have a born Leader after Ikemba Ndigbo because, Ojukwu amakwe such a thing - for Nigeria to loose an iota of her Sovereignty to another state, never!! That's the only man with balls in this Country and the world knows it - he's has, guts!

I could hear supporters of other camps here saying, do you want people to loose their lives? 

To that, I say why not? cool cool cool Is it not what they are paid for - to defend Nigerian Sovereignty and even die for it if need be?? And, in this case, there was a need! A challenge to our Sovereignty!

But, what's the point of being a soldier and never fought a war through out your military career - what kind of a soldier is that?? cool cool It's time Nigeria engage herself militarily so that we can strengthen our Armed Forces and get our money's worth off, their lazy back sides because, that's what they signed for - to die for their Country than giving away our Sovereignty for nothing - COWARDS LEADERS, coming on the T.V to debate foolishly what we already knew!

At least, that would promote discipline in our so call Armed Forces thus, limit all these street fights we witness every day in Nigerian streets between civilians and the Army, Navy, Air force and then, the beloved Nigerian Police (grin grin grin grin ) as it would engage them all, with the matters in hand.

Therefore, I am challenging them to focus on important issues dragging our country down than cowardly running away from it, shouting and shouting corruption, corruption everywhere to us, lay Nigerians as if we're deaf and blind.angry angry
[/size][/b]
Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by Akainzo(m): 1:06am On Jan 05, 2011
^^ My guy blessed, what are you drunk on? What are you actually trying to say?
Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:44am On Jan 05, 2011
GEJ's government is a shame! Good thing elections were not five months earlier all the Goodluck charade don end we are now seeing real issues.
Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by jmaine: 10:19am On Jan 05, 2011
Sky Blue:

The point in bold is a good one but quite unfortunately self professed 'intelligent' people would choose to ignore that and would prefer to look at Atiku as some victimised new comer underdog who has never held a federal position. Jonathan has made mistakes sure[b], but to say his presidency is worse than the three years of Yar Adua where it was difficult to see any motion does really make one wonder[/b]. The article by Atiku (wether he wrote it or not) raised some very important questions which this so called response fails to address, however, what is even more amusing is people so quickly ascribing the opinions of an anonymous staff to that of the president, as if it was an official government response. It is a tad amusing and also a tad worrying at the same time. It is like bashing Jonathan is in vogue these days. It is quite easy to label people Jonathan fanatics or apologists, but while we are quick to do that let us not also forget those who sit on the opposite side of the spectrum because in my opinion they are just as bad and equally irritating (perhaps even moreso - from personal experience). Now can we have more balanced posters please. . .

Sky Blue:

I don't really think so. I think the people who would get riled up by the article would most likely be those who tend to have a (dare I say) bias against Jonathan. I think people who approach the news a bit more rationally would be able to distinguish between an "anonymous" and an official press release. Anyone can be an anonymous source. This has nothing to do with defending anybody but more to do with common sense discourse.

Nice one bro. . . You earned my respect for your unbiased post. sometimes we need to keep emotions aside when we claim intelligence and a know all approach to things. Please let's be civil in our thoughts.
Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by xoxogg(f): 10:24am On Jan 05, 2011
A typical PDP conversation,

-It is our turn we most rule
-U r a liar, me i dont know wen we agreed it was ur turn

-I dey laugh oooooo,
-Me sef dey Laugh

-You are a b.astard
-You are father of all b.astards

-It is not mend
-Dokpesi-Na we do am

-U budget is BS
-We already know before

Just another day in the life of PDP. Expect more of such arrant nonsense if PDP remains in power.
Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by lonewolf: 2:19pm On Jan 05, 2011
It's not really clear what Jonathan is doing as President. He looks like he is out of his depth being President of Nigeria.
Re: Presidency Response To Atiku Budget Critic - High On Abuses, Short On Economics by 9ijaMan: 3:02pm On Jan 05, 2011
lonewolf:

It's not really clear what Jonathan is doing as President. He looks like he is out of his depth being President of Nigeria.
He does not look like, he actual is out of depth!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bag Of Rice 2013 Vs 2014. Dividends Of Agric Transformation / Why APC Moved Against Governor Rotimi Amaechi’s Emergence As SGF, Opting For Onu / See What Nigerians Did To Rochas Okorocha (hilarious Photo).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.