Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,460 members, 7,836,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China (71545 Views)

Tinubu Intervenes As Security Aide Tried To Stop His Handshake With Razaq Okoya / Wike: Aircraft Abandoned By Amaechi In Germany, Retrieved, Repaired And Returned / Meet Abdul-razaq Abdulrahman's Father & 6 Siblings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by Tmb78(m): 9:05am On Apr 12, 2020
light099:

Those guys in politics/sexual/romance sections are another case for another day, so don't lets mix them with the normal NL. Taking for example, you claimed people chestbeating here, but First, that kind of 'chestbeating' is quite different from Igbos. E.g A yoruba might post, 'Omoluabi' but An Igbo would post, 'it can ONLY be igbos'.
Every tribe may boast but that from your people are always something else but I know it's hard to agree. It's naturally to defend your tribe.
Secondly, the 'chestbeating' you talked about here is caused by what your people have been doing online since yesterday. Assuming his name was gotten properly initially, I can bet it that there might not be many news about him, let alone Yorubas coming here to talk about it. What made the news trended so much are your people who thought he was Igbo and started using the news to boast everywhere online.
The hate is so much, it's noticeable in many NL ladies, whereas most ladies from other tribes are more active on romance section etc.
There was a day a man from a third tribe shouted on a thread and asked what Yorubas collected from Igbos that has not been returned that made the hate so much like that. People from other tribes too can point out the one which is more hateful in the two tribes. I know it's hard to agree but all the same I notice you're a good person, you're very rare Igbo Nairalander. Keep it up bro. If more people can be like you, love will reign.
The maturity of the yorubas is mind boggling compared to the igbos'.
Remember the news about the death of the author of brighter grammar and it was discovered the author was a female and yoruba
Remember how the thread was very clean and devoid of any tribal slurs
We were just appreciating a legend who touched all our lives with her book
But if it were the other way round,haaaa!!!
Yorubas will never blame any other tribe most especially the igbos for our woes
We rise up to the ocassion and expose whoever is in the wrong e.g funke Akindele's case.
Any news from their side that is not palatable is automatically false and it's the yorubas that are out to get them e.g the Igbo man who was sacked in Liberia and of course, Onyema,to mention but a few.
Any news on Okonjo iweala,you will see them gloating,asking where kemi Adeosun is and use the opportunity to rubbish her character in the process
Even when we all know she is not a criminal
Most of the people who do these are very known igbos,so there is absolutely no doubt about their ethnicity at all.
And that is why yorubas like me can't fold our arms and watch some nonentities downgrade our tribe and our very existence and keep quiet.
Lastly,have you noticed they don't misbehave like this on their sister's blog (Linda ikeji) ?
Visit the place and find out
The story about Anthony Joshua where he said he was a proud yoruba and likes egunsi and pounded yam,remember?
On Linda ikeji, everybody commented maturely and moved on but here it was turned to a contest again with the igbos claiming the yorubas stole the soup from them and the pages reached 17 or so
Can you imagine?
They have a sinister plan going on
I pray seun buckles down and flush them out before this forum becomes a thing of the past and guess who will laugh if it happens?
Your guess is as good as mine!
Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 12, 2020
Tmb78:
Remember the news about the death of the author of brighter grammar and it was discovered the author wasn't only a female but yoruba
We rise up to the ocassion and expose whoever is in the wrong e.g funke Akindele's case.
Any news from their side that is not palatable is automatically false and it's the yorubas that are out to get them e.g the Igbo man who was sacked in Liberia and of course, Onyema,to mention but a few.
Any news on Okonjo iweala,you will see them gloating,asking where kemi Adeosun is and use the opportunity to rubbish her character in the process
Most of the people who do these are very known igbos,so there is absolutely no doubt about their ethnicity at all.
And that is why yorubas like me can't fold our arms and watch some nonentities downgrade our tribe and our very existence and keep quiet.
Lastly,have you noticed they don't misbehave like this on their sister's blog (Linda ikeji) ?
The story about Anthony Joshua where he said he was yoruba and like egunsi and pounded yam,remember?
On Linda ikeji, everybody commented maturely and moved on but here it was turned to a contest again with the igbos claiming the yorubas stole the soup from them and the pages reached 17 or so
Can you imagine?
I pray seun buckles down and flush them out before this forum becomes a thing of the past and guess who will laugh if it happens?

Don't mind them. I also agree everyone has traits of bigotry/racism and there are bigots on both side. The only thing is that, the bigotry and hate of Igbos surpass that of any other tribe in southern Nigeria.
This Dayo Lawal case alone has said it all. When they thought it was their Cyril guy, chestbeating everywhere all over the internet while those on NL used it as a way to mock Yorubas. "Afonja man can't be brave like that", "it can on be Igbo" bla bla bla. But now that it's discovered to be Yoruba, everywhere is just calm, no chestbeating online. Such a great maturity from Yorubas. On a normal day, no Yorubas would have even counted this as an achievement, we do things like this each day without making noise online but if Igbos mistakenly do it in 3months, no one will hear word again. Especially, their noises are becoming a nuisance on Social media.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by redsun(m): 9:38am On Apr 12, 2020
There was nothing exceptional in what did. He did his job as a diplomat by pointing out the ill-treatment of his countrymen by the Chinese officials. That is what normal people, except in Nigeria where you can be given a serious beating or killed for questioning the action of a government official or law enforcement agent that is not right.

In fact, he almost lost his cool by shouting, but that is understandably the Nigerian way of talking. Don't use this to score cheap tribal points, you stone age muderfuckers. He is a paid ''NIGERIAN'' diplomat in line of duty.
Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by guiddoti: 11:05am On Apr 12, 2020
Zoo country naw difidin repluque of Biafry. Wonders in de Land.
Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by CapitalBank: 11:42am On Apr 12, 2020
Dareal90s:

Nd did u see Igbo amaka or afonja in the previously reported post? But u guys were shouting Igbo are brave even when it's glaring this is a Yoruba man.
A news paper actually did before igbos started... so blame it on the news paper.
Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by Dareal90s(m): 12:10pm On Apr 12, 2020
CapitalBank:
A news paper actually did before igbos started... so blame it on the news paper.
No newspaper did, show us d newspaper that stated it that Igbo's are Brave or that Igbo Amaka, u ar always dribbling urself.
Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by CapitalBank: 12:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
Dareal90s:

No newspaper did, show us d newspaper that stated it that Igbo's are Brave or that Igbo Amaka, u ar always dribbling urself.

https://www.nairaland.com/5784172/anozie-madaubuchi-cyril-berates-chinese This is the thread that gave an igbo name but I just discovered he didn't include a source at the bottom and it was pushed to front page just like that.

So who should we hold responsible for something like this? The poster or the nairaland mod that allowed it and still pushed it to front page without a source or due diligence?
Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by mrbenjame: 4:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
efighter:
Tribalism will kill us. Chinese see the guy as a Nigerian fighting for Nigerians, but here at home, we are fighting over his tribe. Definitely, we are all idiots and I'm one of you

Exactly my point. When I opened a thread on chest beating and bragging of of a particular tribe on any achievement, 99% of them slammed me. You can imagine a 3 page thread. Only 3 persons supported my motion.
Tribalism is a big disease. And it’s only ignorant and inexposed people portray such attitudes.

Thanks for your point. God bless you richly
Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by YungMillionaire: 5:04pm On Apr 12, 2020
Tmb78:
Remember the news about the death of the author of brighter grammar and it was discovered the author was a female and yoruba
The story about Anthony Joshua where he said he was a proud yoruba and likes egunsi and pounded yam,remember?
Can you imagine?

I have been saying this for a long time. Anytime I say it, Igbos call me Yoruab, Afonja etc. I have nothing against Igbos. I have lived among both tribes. But their behavior online is the very definition of immaturity. Igbos constantly brag about every little thing. Anything good in Nigeria must be accorded to them. And anything bad must be the fault of other tribes. Also, they are okay with tribalism if it favors them. The moment someone pinches them a little bit they start crying victims. Igbos were not like this before in my opinion. It seems this generation of Igbos are just weak and pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Dayo Razaq Lawal Was The Nigerian Who Retrieved Passports Of Nigerians In China by Xtvafrica: 4:38am On Apr 17, 2020
Chinese Xenophobic Attack on Africans -
Will China be Able to Stop The Fire They Just Ignited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2Y0Bn_SdDM

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"I Was Hired For ₦1,000, Don't Know Why I'm Here" - Pro-Buhari Protester. Video / Babachir Lawal And Ayodele Oke Leaving Aso Rock After Suspension (Photos) / Ayo Fayose And Oseni Rufai Clash On Arise TV (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.