Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:36 AM

Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) (9254 Views)

Ondo State Introduces Compulsory Access Card For Residents / Ondo State Introduces 'mysterious Virus' To World; 18 Dead - WHO / Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by seunlayi(m): 6:02am On Jan 06, 2011
Soon, one will have to pay tax for sleeping with is legal wife,
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by spyder880(m): 6:24am On Jan 06, 2011
Pifa:

I assume babpupa was serious in his post. He hardly jokes about anything concerning Lagos State.

And you believed the comments of the character 'the one who swallowed what swallowed the elephant'? He was making all those things up, one guy here even said the picture was his, just stolen by the OP to spice up his tale.

bk.babe97y:

definitely built by some Ibo dude!

Yeah, because its only in iboland that elephants lived, no other tribe knows what an elephant is.

seunlayi:

You already pay that one, ask your inlaws!
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by AjanleKoko: 7:57am On Jan 06, 2011
This is ridiculously subjective. Who determines which buildings are ugly and which ones are not?
why can't they just enforce building regulations, so such buildings will not come up in the first place? Bad idea in my view.
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by kedukc(m): 8:53am On Jan 06, 2011
^^ the very attitude that propagates flame wars on NL. Dudes read carefully b4 posting!
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Bawss1(m): 9:08am On Jan 06, 2011
kedukc:

^^ the very attitude that propagates flame wars on NL. Dudes read carefully b4 posting!

Its amazing that people are taking this way too seriously. The OP culled the story from Wazobia Reports for crying out loud. Even more amazing is the fact that a radio station here in Abuja included this story as part of their news report this morning! shocked
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Bamsyle2(m): 9:47am On Jan 06, 2011
seunlayi:

Yes - if you both scream so loud you disturb the neighbourhood during the act . . .

It will be called "Sex Disturbance Tax" tongue
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Jakumo(m): 9:59am On Jan 06, 2011
I want to buy that Elephant House and move in right away. Please have a helicopter landing pad installed on the elephant's back by the middle of next week at the latest. The garden will also need to be livened up with a few statues of full-busted nymphets in the flesh-colored altogether.

As an aesthetic counterbalance to my new real-estate acquisition, I would like to buy the lot across from that building, where consruction of a monstrous Blue Whale House must commence the minute escrow clears.
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Ty207: 10:27am On Jan 06, 2011
na wa ooo! so house self they become celebrity, lol grin tongue
this one way una thet talk about person house like this,
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by chimc: 10:36am On Jan 06, 2011
can u imagine?
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by alldone(m): 10:49am On Jan 06, 2011
what type of house is this? Na wa o
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Pain(m): 11:10am On Jan 06, 2011
Ugly is in the Eye of the Beholder. How do you asign objective parameters to a subjective issue?
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by opeyemiolu(f): 11:28am On Jan 06, 2011
this is building is real. have seen it before. it is located somewhere in oregun near a bmw mechanic shop. i went there with a friend to repair his car. i was stun by the building.
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by member479760: 11:48am On Jan 06, 2011
and this is a country where over 75% are living on less than 2$ a day. Fashola is time for you to go!
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by ifyegede(m): 12:04pm On Jan 06, 2011
With the rate @ which Lagos is going, govt may soon impose a special tax on ugly people!
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by proudly9ja(m): 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2011
I think the post is a joke and if the poster is serious, Ild like to know, how do we define 'ugly' in a court of law?
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by nitrogen(m): 12:36pm On Jan 06, 2011
grin grin grin grin this is fu, cking funny, is that an elephant house or what? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Rmc1(m): 10:28am On Jan 07, 2011
A case of "i wann impress them" gone teribbly wrong that building is an eye sore
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by LA2(m): 11:37am On Jan 07, 2011
[size=24pt]You should have at least shown the source of the story:

http://www.wazobiareport.com/[/size]
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Viviacious: 5:16pm On Jan 07, 2011
OMG! I just had to take a picture! I have been laughing so hard at everyone's comments!

The amount of cement and sand the woner used in building the poor elephnat could have been used for a gatehouse and BQ to boot!

The real Elepahant House somewhere in Marina I think go dey vex now o! C competition!

Pity the Elepahnt here was not trumpeting, that would have been drama!

As for the tax, Gov. Fashola should take it easy o! Afterall, beauty and therefore, ugliness are relative o!

It owuld have been better if he placed tax on ugly and non-road worthy vechicles instead. But what do I know? I am not the Gov!
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by favouredjb(f): 5:42pm On Jan 07, 2011
hideous and ugly,only a yahoo guy can build that
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by leboss6(m): 6:18pm On Jan 07, 2011
This is a crime to humanity, on second thought only a cultist would do this.
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by touchmeder: 8:17pm On Jan 07, 2011
is this safe
is that elephant building safe?
i'm amazed undecided
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by calculusx(m): 11:06pm On Jan 08, 2011
plsssss i can't stop laughing for almost 30mins now. This building better not be true cos whoever lives there or the architect that build it will always have a bad dream everyday, thanks for making my day as im laughing to my bed, lol
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by tpia1: 12:29am On Jan 09, 2011
whatever happened to the elephants in nigeria anyway.

were they all killed or were they rare to begin with.
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Jakumo(m): 5:18am On Jan 09, 2011
Elephants roam Yankari Park in Bauchi State, venturing into neighboring villages to plunder their crops during the dry season when grass is scarce, in much the same way as retired, geriatric dictators like Ayatollah Buhari try and run for elected office when their stash of stolen cash starts to run low.

One could thus classify Nigerian elephant species as grassland elephants, which have big ears, and Treasury Elephants, which have enormous beer guts and dozens of concubines to support.
Re: Lagos State Introduces Ugly Building Tax (pic of the ugliest bld) by Mynd44: 10:36pm On Jan 11, 2011
RFLMAO
Only for Naija!!!
Did the owner get the plans from his nightmares or from a BABALAWO?
That thing should for contest for The seven wonders of the world

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

N100m Donation: Falana Calls For Sanction Against Sanusi / SSS Detained Journalist Over Chime's Death Story / Akume’s Kinsmen Dump APC For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.