Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH (76811 Views)

The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin / Zimbabwean Man Commits Suicide After 18-Year-Old New Wife Deprived Him Of Sex / Tobi Marshal: Man calls out Lekki hospital as mum dies of negligence in India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Luckydubby7(m): 6:07am On Apr 12, 2020
holocron:

Bastards! So from the above now...did she die of Corona virus? Or was it the infection she was struggling with. Why must you now add it to the statistics of Corona virus death? Is it not for your greed and quest to loot govt money and foreign aid grants?
. Don't worry brother, God go exposed them. Very wicked people.
Someone died of childbirth now dey say na covid419. God punish all of them

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by FlameZ80s(m): 7:07am On Apr 12, 2020
“She had a baby but she developed an infection. Then, it was noticed that her blood sugar was very high and she had a cough and fever and we suspected there might be coronavirus.

“So, we sent for testing and kept on managing [her], with universal precautions being taken.

“Unfortunately, the mortality rate of infection after [child] delivery is very high.

This is purely someone trying to trend. It's clearly stated in the last statement here

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Olatara(f): 7:22am On Apr 12, 2020
I am so sure this lady died of complications during child birth, they just added it to corona figure. What is their gain?

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by asanwafo: 7:32am On Apr 12, 2020
virginboy1:
This Chinese Virus shit seems to be spreading silently.

And Most people think say this corona nah play.... I pray make e end like play before we turn to Prey!!!"

R.I.P to the woman cry

use ur sense. u too like ur life. That woman died of complications after child birth and our lazy authorities are attributing her death to coro. Any death recorded in any Lagos hospital will be attributed to coro. Is it only coro that has the symptoms attributed to it?

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by asanwafo: 7:40am On Apr 12, 2020
Wasky101:

For real What village do you people type from.
Pray make you no get am
Have u gotten it? Everyone seems to be sermonizing about coro cos the white are shouting. Do u know how many people lasser fever has killed in this country in the last 2months? Do u know how many doctors who have lost their life to lesser fever? How many times have u shouted as u are shouting now?

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Babaibejii: 8:32am On Apr 12, 2020
etokhana:

https://healthwise.punchng.com/breaking-37-year-old-new-mum-dies-of-covid-19-at-lasuth/

No. This woman died of birth complications. You people stop all this covid this, covid that. How come the new child doesnt av it. Ha!

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:35am On Apr 12, 2020
NoToPile:
Jeez the article is not mentioning anything about the health workers at Alimisho GH where she delivered. Its only the Lasuth workers that the article stated took precautions.
The labor ward nurses, doctors fellow mothers she shared the ward with at Alimosho etc
May your wisdom never dwindle. These are the type of people I love to share the web space with, not these numerous morons on here.
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by YoungBlackRico(m): 8:37am On Apr 12, 2020
Babaibejii:

No. This woman died of birth complications. You people stop all this covid this, covid that. How come the new child doesnt av it. Ha!
Sir I would have insulted you, respect yourself. There are many vital infos missing from this article.
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by PFRB: 8:52am On Apr 12, 2020
THERE IS A REAL PROBLEM OOOOOO
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by knowyaself2(m): 9:00am On Apr 12, 2020
Daverichie008:

The panic is necessary.. When the number of people that have the virus catapults then the health systems become overwhelmed. Then healthy people start dying. That's when people start dying in their hundreds. People need to be scared so as to stay at home...

Tell me if Covid 19 is not named as the cause of death in there guys, how will the effects of the virus be adequately traced. Some people have underlying health issues but they don't know. When these people have the virus and the end up dying, you're saying their deaths should be attributed to their underlying illness? You're saying people that have Diabetes or HIV or like this case that end up getting the virus and dying should have those underlying health issues recorded as their cause of death?

A line should be drawn between "primary cause of death and secondary cause of death". While tracing and detecting coronavirus is important, its fatality shouldn't be exaggerated to cause fear and panic

There are legitimate claims by some medical experts that most strains of coronovirus, commonly transmitted among animals, and sometimes there can be a spill over, infecting humans, have been around for decades and are somewhat harmless.

Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that usually cause mild to moderate upper-respiratory tract illnesses, like the common cold. Four of the seven known coronaviruses that sicken people cause only mild to moderate disease.

The more serious ones include SARS coronavirus (SARS-CoV) which emerged in November 2002 and caused severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). That virus disappeared by 2004. Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) was identified in sept 2012, and is caused by the MERS coronavirus (MERS-CoV). Transmitted from an animal reservoir in camels, cause sporadic and localized outbreaks. The third novel coronavirus to emerge is the latest one called SARS-CoV-2. It causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), which emerged from China in December 2019.

Now, the problem is the diagnostic technique. This current tests do not test for covid 19 only, it simply tests for coronavirus generally. so, when one tests positive probably for one of the hundreds of harmless strains, they claim they have tested positive for covid 19. And until this error is corrected, the whole pandemic nonesense will be misleading.

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Luckydubby7(m): 9:06am On Apr 12, 2020
Olatara:
I am so sure this lady died of complications during child birth, they just added it to corona figure. What is their gain?
. Their? 500k daily allowance.

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 12, 2020
HBB1:

So you mean the Doctors there (because of their poor hygiene) infected her?!
Infection control isn't encouraging, from the theatre to recovery, to HDU
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Wasky101: 9:34am On Apr 12, 2020
asanwafo:
Have u gotten it? Everyone seems to be sermonizing about coro cos the white are shouting. Do u know how many people lasser fever has killed in this country in the last 2months? Do u know how many doctors who have lost their life to lesser fever? How many times have u shouted as u are shouting now?
What has lasser fever got to do with this or your initial post Stop shifting goal post.
You post put out the impression that deaths caused by Corona is staged managed.
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by lastclaire4(f): 9:56am On Apr 12, 2020
Elxandre:

How many people have died so far in Nigeria from Covid?

Logic and critical reasoning needs to be introduced into our curriculum.

My dear you need more reasoning than I do. It appears you are on (-10 ) on the scale of communication. If the economy is being harsh on you, why single me out to pour your infuriation? Abi na me keep you for Isolation?
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 12, 2020
Raysleek:

You also need to read well before commenting, she would have still died with or without covid, the post partum mortality rate of peurperal sepsis is very very very high
sense is really not common........
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 12, 2020
Vulcan24:

ALL LIES!!!

Google sepsis and know what's up

but why is the world United on lying, is there something we don't know about corona!!!!

the Hospital fail cos of lack of adequate facilities and expertise
instead they started carrying out a post mortem test on something they don't av a cure for

why not treat the woman of the ones you have cure for first ?

murder case!
oo google told u
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Raysleek: 10:33am On Apr 12, 2020
Ikio:
sense is really not common........

Indeed
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Elxandre(m): 10:41am On Apr 12, 2020
lastclaire4:

My dear you need more reasoning than I do. It appears you are on (-10 ) on the scale of communication. If the economy is being harsh on you, why single me out to pour your infuriation? Abi na me keep you for Isolation?
Wetin you dey talk again now? angry
You see me begging for giveaway or what?

Every death is pinned on covid 19 when we've only had a total of less than covid 19 deaths.
You know how many people die yesterday alone for nigeria?
Be careful o. angry
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by HBB1(m): 10:53am On Apr 12, 2020
fairfora:
Infection control isn't encouraging, from the theatre to recovery, to HDU

So the Doctors gave her Corona, is the Question?
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Sarah20A(f): 10:57am On Apr 12, 2020
That woman died from complications of childbirth not covid19

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 12, 2020
HBB1:

So the Doctors gave her Corona, is the Question?
Obviously you don't have an idea what infection controls are all about...the theatre has door handles, likewise the Recivery room, the stretcher, etc. Anything could have happened...we've heard of Drs who have died of covid-19 around the world, including in Nigeria. When you're operating on a patient, the body is open. What kills most women after birth isn't the pregnancy or the CS or their health status( though PIH is a risk factor but not on all occassions)...most of them die after delivery as a result of poor infection control during operations, from drapes, to suture packs, etc. Even at the USSD, what's the health status of those operating the Autoclaves? The theatre nurses who bring phones inside the theatres and the dr who carelessly picks up his/her phone from the pouch to receive calls in the course of a procedure.. All these need close monitoring. Unfortunately, most hospitals hardly observe all these to the letter. It's what we see all the time in hospitals.
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Kalubolt(m): 11:09am On Apr 12, 2020
Must they associate every death to Covid-19 just to let us know it's real?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Luckydubby7(m): 11:12am On Apr 12, 2020
This our Covid419 team are very smart oo.
They even put the age 35 in order to spread more fear and panic to their followers.

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by sterling25: 11:14am On Apr 12, 2020
People no longer die of any other disease except coronavirus. Hmmmmmmmm! All this is scam! They will discharge 13 patients and declare 12 new cases.

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by ThierryJay: 11:17am On Apr 12, 2020
knowyaself2:

A line should be drawn between "primary cause of death and secondary cause of death". While tracing and detecting coronavirus is important, its fatality shouldn't be exaggerated to cause fear and panic

There are legitimate claims by some medical experts that most strains of coronovirus, commonly transmitted among animals, and sometimes there can be a spill over, infecting humans, have been around for decades and are somewhat harmless.

Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that usually cause mild to moderate upper-respiratory tract illnesses, like the common cold. Four of the seven known coronaviruses that sicken people cause only mild to moderate disease.

The more serious ones include SARS coronavirus (SARS-CoV) which emerged in November 2002 and caused severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). That virus disappeared by 2004. Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS) was identified in sept 2012, and is caused by the MERS coronavirus (MERS-CoV). Transmitted from an animal reservoir in camels, cause sporadic and localized outbreaks. The third novel coronavirus to emerge is the latest one called SARS-CoV-2. It causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), which emerged from China in December 2019.

Now, the problem is the diagnostic technique. This current tests do not test for covid 19 only, it simply tests for coronavirus generally. so, when one tests positive probably for one of the hundreds of harmless strains, they claim they have tested positive for covid 19. And until this error is corrected, the whole pandemic nonesense will be misleading.

That's incorrect. The genome for CoVid 19 has since been sequenced by scientists. So the tests are targeted specifically to detect CoVID 19. Do you think virologists and other expert scientists don't know that there are different types of coronaviruses? Are they quacks? When you, a non-medical expert, could know, is it the experts that wouldn't know? The website where you read the information you reeled out about the types of Coronaviruses, is it not the same experts that put it there?

When they tested people for MERS in 2012, were they testing for all kinds of coronaviruses and recording them as MERS? How much more in 2020!

Please stop misleading people.
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by danhans(m): 2:20pm On Apr 12, 2020
Malaria,Cough,typhoid are all known to be Covic19 Nigeria is just a wonderful country

2 Likes

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by abeggnow: 3:11pm On Apr 12, 2020
etokhana:

https://healthwise.punchng.com/breaking-37-year-old-new-mum-dies-of-covid-19-at-lasuth/
i can tell you that the doctors and nurses neglected the woman they ran away. I was in LASUTH last week and there was an 8 year old boy suspected to hav the virus. He had a fever. All the doctors and nurses ran away then they locked them under the stairs till morning . It was shameful to say the least,

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by HBB1(m): 8:00pm On Apr 12, 2020
fairfora:
Obviously you don't have an idea what infection controls are all about...the theatre has door handles, likewise the Recivery room, the stretcher, etc. Anything could have happened...we've heard of Drs who have died of covid-19 around the world, including in Nigeria. When you're operating on a patient, the body is open. What kills most women after birth isn't the pregnancy or the CS or their health status( though PIH is a risk factor but not on all occassions)...most of them die after delivery as a result of poor infection control during operations, from drapes, to suture packs, etc. Even at the USSD, what's the health status of those operating the Autoclaves? The theatre nurses who bring phones inside the theatres and the dr who carelessly picks up his/her phone from the pouch to receive calls in the course of a procedure.. All these need close monitoring. Unfortunately, most hospitals hardly observe all these to the letter. It's what we see all the time in hospitals.

Shush it!

What Surgeon uses his bloodied hand to pick up his phone?

Whats the mortality rate from Cesarean's in Nigeria?

No dey talk rubbish abeg!

'Was it the Doctor's that gave her Corona?!'
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
HBB1:

Shush it!

What Surgeon uses his bloodied hand to pick up his phone?

Whats the mortality rate from Cesarean's in Nigeria?

No dey talk rubbish abeg!

'Was it the Doctor's that gave her Corona?!'
All abuses, no single point made. I work in a theatre all the time and I doubt if you know a Jack...your rude and needless attacks have shown. Don't expect further comments from me in response to your ignorant views.

Btw, your rude and mannerless comments have simply exposed your upbringing,Smh
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by knowyaself2(m): 8:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
ThierryJay:

That's incorrect. The genome for CoVid 19 has since been sequenced by scientists. So the tests are targeted specifically to detect CoVID 19. Do you think virologists and other expert scientists don't know that there are different types of coronaviruses? Are they quacks? When you, a non-medical expert, could know, is it the experts that wouldn't know? The website where you read the information you reeled out about the types of Coronaviruses, is it not the same experts that put it there?

When they tested people for MERS in 2012, were they testing for all kinds of coronaviruses and recording them as MERS? How much more in 2020!

Please stop misleading people.

Kindly provide your source of information regarding the effectiveness and correctness of tests for covid 19, because I haven't read any proof so far, and the medical experts(virologists)that have deliberated deeply on this say otherwise.

Comments and videos on the internet are unfortunatetly heavily censored. I watched a YouTube video a few days back where these diagnostic techniques, and the assumptions surrounding them to deceive and delibrately keep people in the dark, were discussed in depth.Two days later the video was taken down by YouTube. From their findings, it's most likely that the covid 19 that spread in china is different from whats happening in most parts of the rest of the world.
The mainstream media will only let you hear and see what they want to. Fortunately, for people like me, i do my research and i try to keep an open mind and look at dissenting findings, without dismissing them as conspiracy theories , until at least it has been proven beyond any doubt.

Virologists state that the Covid-19 is very unstable and it mutates very easily, which means that it's turning back into it's natural form of a flu-like infection very quickly. Literally every disease (whether artificially created or not) mutates into a less deadly form and ultimately just vanishes. That's why all flu epidemics don't last more than 10 weeks. This is also the reason why the mortality rate of every pandemic is higher in the first phase, and it goes much lower over time. This explains why the mortality rate of the coronavirus is so much lower in most European countries compared to China. The coronaviruses that we have in the rest of the world have nothing to do with the Covid-19 in China. The so called "confirmed cases of covid-19" are fraudulent, they are using fraudulent coronavirus tests that cannot discern between COVID-19, and the other types of coronaviruses that are harmless, and have existed for decades, but they are telling us that they are "finding" COVID-19."
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by HBB1(m): 9:10pm On Apr 12, 2020
fairfora:
All abuses, no single point made. I work in a theatre all the time and I doubt if you know a Jack...your rude and needless attacks have shown. Don't expect further comments from me in response to your ignorant views.

Btw, your rude and mannerless comments have simply exposed your upbringing,Smh

'Shush it and no dey talk rubbish,' is the attack you can't take.

You are such a Wuss!

The question you have refused to answer is, 'was it the docotrs that gave her COVID 19?'

Don't just come and be spewing filth and expect everyone to take it.

You work in a theatre and so bloody what?!
If you like work in CDC!

So if she had Puerperal Sepsis, it must been the fault of the Hospital?

Abegi, comot Road!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

See The Consequences Of Female self-service / Pls Nairalanders Help Me With Tips To Restore My Damage Hair As A Guy (photos / Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.