Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,549 members, 7,837,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH (76890 Views)

The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin / Zimbabwean Man Commits Suicide After 18-Year-Old New Wife Deprived Him Of Sex / Tobi Marshal: Man calls out Lekki hospital as mum dies of negligence in India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by PoliteActivist: 9:19pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ikio:
Read before commenting
I did. Here's my full comment:

RIP
Would she still have died without covid19??
Circumstantial evidence suggests coro finds it hard to kill Nigerians who have never left Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by OdefaGirl(f): 9:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
This getting of result after the person's demise is not funny lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Benzy001: 9:23pm On Apr 11, 2020
Mizwisdom:
What about all the women that have been dying after childbirth in Nigeria, has it also been Corona? anuofia!
you mean you didn't read the news?
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 11, 2020
holsconcept:
As usual, COVID 19 must be attached to the death to push up the figures. Kudos
was about saying same, like people no dy die b4

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by PoliteActivist: 9:24pm On Apr 11, 2020
OdefaGirl:
This getting of result after the person's demise is not funny lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

If they did it in US eh...
Do u know 20 people used to die at home everyday in NYC but it has now jumped to 220. They pretend they don't know the reason - they never test for coro after death

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by ReeLoaDead(m): 9:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
holsconcept:
Ikio:
are you a doctor
Does not sound like a doctor ... more like a mügu I would say
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by ReeLoaDead(m): 9:26pm On Apr 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:
If they did it in US eh...
Do u know 20 people used to die at home everyday in NYC but it has now jumped to 220. They pretend they don't know the reason - they never test for coro after death
testing for coro is a scare resource and hence prioritized for the living unfortunately.
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by kem61218: 9:28pm On Apr 11, 2020
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by PoliteActivist: 9:29pm On Apr 11, 2020
ReeLoaDead:
testing for coro is a scare resource and hence prioritized for the living unfortunately.

That's probably only part of it. But they should know the only thing that changed is coro - hence must be cause of the additional deaths.
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by oceania100(m): 9:29pm On Apr 11, 2020
Very painful..
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by teepain: 9:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
sammirano:
Every death is covid.

If every death is being attributed to COVID-19, they would be attributing about 6,356 deaths per day to covid because an estimated 6,356 Nigerians die per day
(using 365 days in a year and assuming a total population of 200 million people)

This is based on the annual national death rate of 11.6 per 1000 per annum as of 2019 when there was no global pandemic.

The total number of deaths attributed to Corona virus as of today (since 2 to 3 weeks ago) in Nigeria is about 7 to 8 or thereabouts.

So I find it laughable when Nigerians say that the authorities are attributing all deaths in Nigeria to Corona virus.

Copy: Daverichie008

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by ReeLoaDead(m): 9:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
PoliteActivist:
That's probably only part of it. But they should know the only thing that changed is coro - hence must be cause of the additional deaths.
Unfortunately pathologist no fit do guess work or process by elimination. Definitive testing needs to be performed. That’s my opinion, I’m not a health expert though cheesy
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Vulcan24(m): 9:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ikio:
are you a doctor

ALL LIES!!!

Google sepsis and know what's up

but why is the world United on lying, is there something we don't know about corona!!!!

the Hospital fail cos of lack of adequate facilities and expertise
instead they started carrying out a post mortem test on something they don't av a cure for

why not treat the woman of the ones you have cure for first ?

murder case!

4 Likes

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Raysleek: 9:34pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ikio:
Read before commenting
You also need to read well before commenting, she would have still died with or without covid, the post partum mortality rate of peurperal sepsis is very very very high

5 Likes

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Daverichie008: 9:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
holsconcept:

Please stop this rubbish at once.. You can't continue to rubbish the efforts of people trying to preserve the lives of the general public like this. COVID 19 has a very high mortality rate among those that just gave birth. She'd still be alive if she didn't have the illness. What will the government gain from pushing death figures up. Every country is trying to push theirs down especially China.

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Mizwisdom(f): 9:35pm On Apr 11, 2020
Benzy001:
you mean you didn't read the news?

I read it, it shows she died of sepsis. Thousands die of the same thing every year, unfortunately. Why the question?

3 Likes

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Maestro21: 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
holsconcept:

Don't mind them. Woman that clearly died of sepsis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Maestro21: 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
Mizwisdom:

I read it, it shows she died of sepsis. Thousands die of the same thing every year, unfortunately. Why the question?

You are correct.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Warmaterial(m): 9:40pm On Apr 11, 2020
mendelian:
FTC
u miss am man
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Successmind(m): 9:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hmmmn, and some people in some places in alimosho LG are still drinking, dinning and doing some normal daily business activities as usual....all in the name of coro na scam.....may God guide us all in this country....
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by sammirano: 9:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
teepain:

If every death is being attributed to COVID-19, they would be attributing about 6,356 deaths per day to covid because an estimated 6,356 Nigerians die per day
(using 365 days in a year and assuming a total population of 200 million people)

This is based on the annual national death rate of 11.6 per 1000 per annum as of 2019 when there was no global pandemic.

The total number of deaths attributed to Corona virus as of today (since 2 to 3 weeks ago) in Nigeria is about 7 to 8 or thereabouts.

So I find it laughable when Nigerians say that the authorities are attributing all deaths in Nigeria to Corona virus.

Maybe you should read the post again, the young woman developed an infection (separate) after delivery, already the mortality of infection after childbirth is high. The testing positive for the virus does not in any way validate it as the cause of death.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Nobody: 9:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
I really don't know how it got to this point. Is there anything we will ever do right on our own?

I hear china people are coming to help curb this virus that they spread in the first place. Just as the UN had to come and help with ebola.

Pathetic.
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Jarus(m): 9:51pm On Apr 11, 2020
nairaman66:
Nothing add up in the news! Not Covid19 related death! This is purely pregnancy related.

But she tested positive to COVID 19
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by perryy(m): 9:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
holsconcept:

Did they test her for HIV? I'm sure she had HIV and she died of AIDS. Very soon , to jack up the number , if armed robbers killed someone ahs he tested positive to covid 19, the cause of death would be covid 19. Indi Ara.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Jarus(m): 9:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
teepain:

Good point.

I tire for these people o
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Apination(m): 9:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
holsconcept:
Some of you are just stupid. It's reasons such as these that people are advised to stay at home, her immunity at the point of birth is very low and that of the baby also, she was a sitting duck for the disease.
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by OtemAtum: 10:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
engrchykae:
because she coughed?
My dear, dying people always cough
No, they said she was tested and found positive
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by bkool7(m): 10:05pm On Apr 11, 2020
Alimosho!

This shit is getting closer o
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by kpofkpof: 10:07pm On Apr 11, 2020
Seun:
I wonder if the suspicion of COVID-19 reduced the quality of the care she received. She may have just been abandoned until PPE were available.

This is 99.9% what I believe happened at LASUTH. They didnt touch her since there was strong suspicion of the Corona virus. Very Sad!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Dies After Posting "If I Die During Lockdown No Need For Autopsy" / See The Consequences Of Female self-service / Lady Dies After Envious Friend Poisons Her At Beauty Parlor Opening Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.