Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH (76809 Views)

The Blood Bank Fraud At LASUTH By Lola Okunrin / Zimbabwean Man Commits Suicide After 18-Year-Old New Wife Deprived Him Of Sex / Tobi Marshal: Man calls out Lekki hospital as mum dies of negligence in India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by tollyboy5(m): 11:44pm On Apr 11, 2020
mbahdi:
We,don hear.every death dis days is now associated to civid19
Don’t be dumb. Covid-19 increase the mortality rate of the body. The virus itself don’t kill but assist other infection to come and do the killing
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Drizzy5001(m): 11:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
Rip
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by nairaman66(m): 11:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
Jarus:

But she tested positive to COVID 19

She was admitted on April 8, but she presented with puerperal sepsis, and high index of suspicion of COVID-19.”

Puerperal sepsis is an infection in the female genital tract within 10 days of childbirth, abortion or miscarriage, experts say.

“She had a baby but she developed an infection. Then, it was noticed that her blood sugar was very high and she had a cough and fever and we suspected there might be coronavirus.

This doesn’t add up! Please read carefully again!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by mich2012: 12:01am On Apr 12, 2020
Seun:
I wonder if the suspicion of COVID-19 reduced the quality of the care she received.

This must have been the case. That hospital is known for negligence how much more a suspicious case.
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by RaptorX: 12:05am On Apr 12, 2020
So people are no more dying of other causes now only Covid 19? Ok continue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Proffdada: 12:05am On Apr 12, 2020
holsconcept:
As usual, COVID 19 must be attached to the death to push up the figures. Kudos
abi o My brother
From
Puerperal sepsis is an infection in the female genital tract within 10 days of childbirth, abortion or miscarriage, experts say.
e reach lungs. Kai this doctors don even kill am before she die.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by 3kay945(m): 12:07am On Apr 12, 2020
peacettw:

Exactly my thoughts. What is the relationship between sepsis and covid 19?

Stop being naive. I know people that works in that place mentioned. They can't say what they don't know .
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by BestOsai: 12:24am On Apr 12, 2020
Seun:
I wonder if the suspicion of COVID-19 reduced the quality of the care she received.

Hmmm...that's a cause for concern.But to think that some gentlemen just lost his beloved wife is heartbreaking.
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Sharonstone7719: 12:25am On Apr 12, 2020
She didn't die of Coronavirus. But of the complications caused by the infections. Must every death be attributed to Coronavirus, just to make news?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Sensini123(m): 12:25am On Apr 12, 2020
Na every death na coronavirus cause am now for hospital. People have been dying from time insertion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by SavageMaster: 12:26am On Apr 12, 2020
knowyaself2:

You have a point, but since those underlying health conditions are the primary cause of death, covid 19 shouldn't be mentioned as the cause, reason why most people without preexisting health wahala recover from covid 19. In this case,as in most cases, coronavirus is the cormobidity, not the other way round. It blows things out of proportion and creates unnecessary panic.

Well...I see your point
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Daverichie008: 12:26am On Apr 12, 2020
sammirano:

In your naive mind, you have concluded that i live far away, and with no knowledge of medicine, speaks volume of your capacity. Well to reiterate, the report only says she has COVID and does not specifically says she died of it, two different things. Have you heard of antibodies? Nothing is ever conclusive in Nig. but you will still delude yourself in self-denial.

"The source, who preferred anonymity, said, “The result came out after she had died, but we had suspected after she came in.." Meaning the test was done before her death oga.

Am going to put this to rest now, cause you strong head will not agree, but I respect your opinion.

As they say.. Stay safe.

By being far away, I meant you're not at the hospital. I have no intention of dragging issues on nairaland at all with anyone. It's a faceless forum so it's basically a waste of time.

The issue is the doctors looked at different situations. Like the kind of symptoms that must have exacerbated her condition that lead to her death. They had to be 90% sure before they attributed her death to Covid 19. They'll do anything to keep the death records low. No one wants Nigeria to be mentioned as the country with the highest death rate in Africa.

I don't have time to go through your previous posts so I don't know the tone with which you initially posted. What I know is those I initially quoted were about cooking up conspiracy theories.

The reason I even carried this thing on my head is that a lot of people say this thing is not even fatal or dangerous. Only 5 deaths out of 270 cases as at Tuesday or so. So more people are disobeying the social distancing order. Not knowing that they can get this thing and spread it on to someone that is vunerable. Everyone with underlying health issues will be thinking of certain death because of these guys. And also when the cases go up that's when a lot of healthy people will die because of the health systems are overwhelmed.

So when I see people downplay the figures and deaths I'm pissed. Health professionals in charge of the case, considered a lot and decided she died of Covid 19...so that's what she died of.

Very soon someone will come out and say in reality only 3 people have really died directly from the thing and some people will see that and make stupid decisions.

2 Likes

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Daverichie008: 12:35am On Apr 12, 2020
knowyaself2:

You have a point, but since those underlying health conditions are the primary cause of death, covid 19 shouldn't be mentioned as the cause, reason why most people without preexisting health wahala recover from covid 19. In this case,as in most cases, coronavirus is the cormobidity, not the other way round. It blows things out of proportion and creates unnecessary panic.

The panic is necessary.. When the number of people that have the virus catapults then the health systems become overwhelmed. Then healthy people start dying. That's when people start dying in their hundreds. People need to be scared so as to stay at home...

Tell me if Covid 19 is not named as the cause of death in there guys, how will the effects of the virus be adequately traced. Some people have underlying health issues but they don't know. When these people have the virus and the end up dying, you're saying their deaths should be attributed to their underlying illness? You're saying people that have Diabetes or HIV or like this case that end up getting the virus and dying should have those underlying health issues recorded as their cause of death?

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by stchinedu: 12:50am On Apr 12, 2020
She died of negligence...

Every sick person is now a suspect, the Nigerian way.

You need to see how sick ppl are maltreated.

That woman died of negligence of the medics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by PoliteActivist: 1:00am On Apr 12, 2020
ReeLoaDead:
Unfortunately pathologist no fit do guess work or process by elimination. Definitive testing needs to be performed. That’s my opinion, I’m not a health expert though cheesy
U sound like a health expert. On point

1 Like

Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by HBB1(m): 1:02am On Apr 12, 2020
fairfora:
She must have been infected at alimosho GH. The level of hygiene in that place is so shallow. Unfortunately, doctors hardly accept responsibility for their mistakes. So sad

So you mean the Doctors there (because of their poor hygiene) infected her?!
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:04am On Apr 12, 2020
holsconcept:
Don't worry. You ll soon see that Covid-19 is real & higher than what's published daily by NCDC.
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by HBB1(m): 1:06am On Apr 12, 2020
tollyboy5:

Don’t be dumb. Covid-19 increase the mortality rate of the body. The virus itself don’t kill but assist other infection to come and do the killing

Covid 19 doesn't kill?!
grin
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Panthera92: 1:15am On Apr 12, 2020
holsconcept:

Pray that in two months time you will not be seeing the outcome of this statement. Covid-19 is not a Joke
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Panthera92: 1:19am On Apr 12, 2020
nairaman66:

She was admitted on April 8, but she presented with puerperal sepsis, and high index of suspicion of COVID-19.”

“She had a baby but she developed an infection. Then, it was noticed that her blood sugar was very high and she had a cough and fever and we suspected there might be coronavirus.

This doesn’t add up! Please read carefully again!
Go and add it up. If you like don't believe Covid-19 Pandemic is real
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Elxandre(m): 1:26am On Apr 12, 2020
lastclaire4:

Thank you. No one dies of any sickness again aprt from covid to push up the figures.
How many people have died so far in Nigeria from Covid?

Logic and critical reasoning needs to be introduced into our curriculum.
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by kayrichy: 2:13am On Apr 12, 2020
You don’t have to be a doctor to see the reality of the Nigeria system
Ikio:
are you a doctor
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by 9jaRealist: 2:16am On Apr 12, 2020
holsconcept:
PoliteActivist:
RIP
Would she still have died without covid19??
Circumstantial evidence suggests coro finds it hard to kill Nigerians who have never left Nigeria
nairaman66:
Nothing add up in the news! Not Covid19 related death! This is purely pregnancy related.
peacettw:
Exactly my thoughts. What is the relationship between sepsis and covid 19?

It’s a new virus...
So we do not really know what really kills all of it victims.

In COVID cases where the infected person also has an underlying or other serious health condition, there’s not been enough studies to determine if it’s the pre-existing condition that’s exacerbated and kills them, or if Covid-19 would have killed them independently.

Nonetheless, it's generally better to over-count than to under-count.
>
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by PoliteActivist: 3:34am On Apr 12, 2020
9jaRealist:

It’s a new virus...
So we do not really know what really kills all of it victims.

In COVID cases where the infected person also has an underlying or other serious health condition, there’s not been enough studies to determine if it’s the pre-existing condition that’s exacerbated and kills them, or if Covid-19 would have killed them independently.

Nonetheless, it's generally better to over-count than to under-count.
>

But this tells u how luck Nigeria is. They have the leisure of testing dead people. In NYC where die-at-home deaths have gone from 20 to 220 a day, they never test after death
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Folabiw8: 4:19am On Apr 12, 2020
Our amiable governor of Lagos state under the leadership of babajide sanwo -olu should please do follow up of any of his policy, Mr governor have a good aim in taking lagosians to the next level specifically in healthcare ministry but their are some bad eggs in that ministry that doesn't want his achievement to be materialized especially Lagos state teaching hospital ( LASUTH ). People should not forget that the Lagos state government promised the lagosians that free medical assistant would be given to pregnant women and any person with health emergencies in the state but the story is different in LASUTH. As at yesterday afternoon 11/04/2020 I went to lasuth to seek for a free medical care for my dad who is a diabetic patient but was unfortunately demanding for medical materials to treat any patient before he or she could be attending to. This is very bad situation at LASUTH presently. Do u know many that have died through this wicked attitude by those doctors? I mean many and I vividly believed that the state government did not know anything about this unfortunate act. So am using this medium to inform Lagos state government under the leadership of our good governor babajide sanwo olu to pls take serious step to correct this bad things going on in all the general hospital in Lagos state before it is too late in order to achieve his good aims and objective in the health sector. Igbega eko ajumose gbogbo was ni oo
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by SciLab: 4:28am On Apr 12, 2020
holsconcept:

Are you the Scientist that conducted the covid test on her? Keep shut ignorant one.
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by combatant2015: 4:29am On Apr 12, 2020
They must have intentionally abandoned her to die all because of being scared of contracting the pandemic.
Every cough and fever is now termed as being the virus.
God help us from the carelessness and ignorance of our healthcare practitioners in this country.

* Talking from the experience though *[color=#000099][/color]
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by Pat081: 5:50am On Apr 12, 2020
What of her house?
Orubebe01:
So sad. Those health workers that attended to her should be quarantined ASAP and test conducted on them.
Re: 37-Year-Old New Mum Dies Of Coronavirus At LASUTH by donjoesbry(m): 6:03am On Apr 12, 2020
The Church is a place of healing and blessing.
This is my personal Opinion ...if this Virus is airborne and as deadly as they say then even going out to get groceries should get one infected . They also says it settles in air and surfaces for hours that means almost 50 present of the population should have it already. But guess what it's not so. Cardiovascular disease kills more than this overhyped virus that was created to cause panic and fear just to put all in bondage. But what do I know. Just observe your personal hygiene , improve your immunity and stir up your faith in Christ continually.

Happy Easter to all.. Jesus is alive
What an amazing worship to listen to at this time. I was super blessed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXTkXRZ1Yig

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pls Nairalanders Help Me With Tips To Restore My Damage Hair As A Guy (photos / Babafemi Taiwo Studying On Remdesivir COVID-19 Drug / Angel Of Death: Dr. Josef Mengele, The Deadliest Doctor In Medical History.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.