Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,828 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China (52316 Views)

US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years / EU To Fund Purchase Of Weapons For Ukraine / Hong Kong Lawmakers Fight Over Bill To Criminalise Abuse Of China's Anthem (Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by DexterousOne(m): 1:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
sonofanarchy:
Japanese economy dead? You must be ridiculous.google is your friend,I won't try to educate you for free.

Leave that guy

He knows nothing
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Investnow2017: 1:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
vioment:
Japan is not Nigeria.
I don't care what they do.

Nigeria could've/can been/be the manufacturer of the world.

China has the infrastructure and discipline to survive all these hate.

I am not a Chinese apologist but I don't like a lazy man's hate. This is a case of bushmeat wey catch the hunter. All these buyers and sellers were looking for slaves to do their hard work, until they figured that China is not a slave nation like Nigeria, they have and always have a plan.

If that loud mouth for Yankee gets his way, every Nigerian and African will be on the plantation or else, and if China have their way, they will expand their country to the whole of Africa.

None of them stand with us. We have to move in our own way with sense. You piss any of them off, they can delete enough of us. After all we are the almajiris and pity me people of the world.

Let us know our level. We are in nursery school while the serious ones are the nysc graduates.

Find a way to benefit from their hate against each other. We need light. Light is like an engine in a car, without it, that car can't move no Mata how good looking the car is.

But the US will be a better devil cheesy
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by polariss(m): 1:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
Lordamazon:
Na only Yahoo boys dey buy Facebook I only deal with Paypal,zelle,Cashapp,Gift cards,Bitcoin

Ok.
Thank you
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by pacespot(m): 1:35pm On Apr 12, 2020
slimdamatrix1:

This is the dumbest Comment you will make in life.

I argue with facts, let me give you one example: Foxxcon, the Apple parts maker, is owned by a Taiwanese billion named Terry Gou. USA recently gave him a contract with heavy subsidies to start producing LCD display technology and other electronics in the United States, but I don't think the contract has since materialized.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by engrchykae(m): 1:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
persius555:

How many Chinese apps do you have on your phone? There's nothing the Chinese are doing that other countries cannot do.
The Chinese are maximizing industrial slavery to the benefit of their sovereign state. Majority of Chinese citizens are still peasants despite the fact that they've been able to move a large number of their people up the economic ladder.
Thanks to greedy capitalist owners of western corporation, especially America.
any one with political sense should know that it's better that the world have China than the world doesn't have China.
We in Africa have fared better with the Chinese than Americans.
The Americans see us like beggars who only need aids while the Chinese see us a business partners.
I will go with the mandarins
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by DexterousOne(m): 1:44pm On Apr 12, 2020
engrchykae:
no friend of USA really progresses.
Even if you are Israel,you will still need help.
Even if you are south Korea,you will need defence path with USA and you pay the USA for security against your regional brothers.
I don't know why people are not seeing through the Americans

This is a very ridiculous assumption

undecided

When it comes down to it

The USA is still a better ally to have than the Chinese or Russians

It's hard for some to accept
But it is what it is

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Heffalump(m): 1:44pm On Apr 12, 2020
GamalNasser:
I predicted this two weeks ago , next America will move production to India and let's see what China is

I had the same thought as you. Can you imagine how common sense works? I also think that the West will ensure that PRC will disintegrate very soon alone the lines of Taiwan, Tibet, Hong Kong, and the mainland to break the powers of China.

But then, if the Western world can ease the energy gap/ challenge in Africa especially in Nigeria, Africa is supposed to be the best destination for all these mega corporations. This will help in so many ways like emigration and social disorder.

But they felt we are Monkeys and don't deserve anything good. Our major problem is ENERGY!

1 Like

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Seyilome(m): 1:44pm On Apr 12, 2020
Gerrard59:

Agreed, you know more than me. Kindly mention five recent technologies/innovations within the past decade and half that originated from Japan which everyone uses globally and the companies involved.

Thanks.
ok thanks bro. They are too many for me to be mentionig, what bullet train. Digital camera:Cannon, Kodak,Fuji,Sony etc. Phones' camera : Sony sensor. Largest ship yard is in Japan, automobile Toyota rules the word. Did you know that Japan innovated,Walkman,MP3,DVD,CD,KAROAKE,4K and 8K resolutions all these by Sony, video games Sony and Nintendo. Japan invented Calculators and (Casio). Android robots(2003).lithium ion battery. QR code, Rice cooker.blue ray disc. Flash memory by Philips and Sony.LCD and LED display and so so so many

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by DexterousOne(m): 1:47pm On Apr 12, 2020
engrchykae:
any one with political sense should know that it's better that the world have China than the world doesn't have China.
The Americans see us like beggars who only need aids while the Chinese see us a business partners.

Better dont say this outside undecided

Them fit slap you

China is raping the continent big time

Go tell them in Zambia, Djibouti or even the Gambia this
Let's see whether they will not stone you

Nigeria is somewhat sophisticated hence they have not gotten us
YET

But with the wah Buhari govt is going
It's only a matter of time

Africa is seen by the rest of the world as a continent with stupid people sitting on gold mines that have to be exploited

Instead of African leaders yo deal with foreign interests at arms length
They are embracing them to come and further plunder their lands

Africans have no sense

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by DexterousOne(m): 1:49pm On Apr 12, 2020
Heffalump:

I had the same thought as you. Can you imagine how common sense works?

But then, if the Western world can ease the energy gap/ challenge in Africa especially in Nigeria, Africa is supposed to be the best destination for all these mega corporations. This will help in so many ways like emigration and social disorder.

But they felt we are Monkeys and don't deserve anything good. Our major problem is ENERGY!

Answer honestly

Do afrocans deserve anything good

Let's be honest
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by GamalNasser: 1:50pm On Apr 12, 2020
Heffalump:

I had the same thought as you. Can you imagine how common sense works?

Exactly , Nigeria is also a good destination for production for the west because we have a large population that speak one form of English or the other but our leaders can't see this vision because if they the did they will leave everything they doing and fix the power deficit
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by DexterousOne(m): 1:55pm On Apr 12, 2020
Neoteny7:

I'm not impressed by your amazing powers of googling.

In any case, the US owes China 1.07 trillion dollars. Who's in deficit now?

Here's a link to inform your gross stupidity:

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-debt-to-china-how-much-does-it-own-3306355

And since when is the Washington Post the US Government? I said the US government does not publicly blame China anymore, and Trump had several calls with China's Xi, after which Trump admitted asking China for help.

I'm waiting for you to dig up an authoritative link where the US government is openly blaming China, and i can show you a dozen links where Trump is hailing Xi and calling him a friend and partner.

It's interesting how China has beat the pandemic while the US is still floundering and seems completely clueless what to do, with the highest numbers of infections and deaths more than a country of 1.3 billion people.

US needs China for the long run and that's it, no matter how many times you frantically google looking for some obscure opinion piece to back your stupidity and ignorance

China needs the USA more than the USA need China

Fact

All it takes to fvck China is to repeal PNTR and declare them currency manipulators

Their economy will crack so bad

But then
The allure for cheap labour and a place to abuse environmental and other laws is too sweet for the American corporate class.

A president that can damn the consequence and do this will deal a bad blow to China

Even the Chinese know it

1 Like

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by DexterousOne(m): 1:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
Nuzo1:

It's ok bro.

The Chinese most likely lied about the virus for fear of what is happening now. Countries moving their production plants out of China. That's china's greatest fear. And that fear is valid because Japan has started the move. USA, France, South Korea etc will follow suit as soon as the pandemic subsides.

From day 1, even China knew they will have more to loose.

Intel even have it that China lost over 100thousand citizens to convid19. But they had to cover it up.

How could people manufacture what will kill them and their economy. And even make allies, neighbors and investors loose confidence in them?

If you say they manufactured the virus for another purpose, we could be begin to see reasons. But for trade war purposes, ah that doesn't sound right.

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by udemzyudex(m): 2:01pm On Apr 12, 2020
engrchykae:
is it not better that it's only my government that knows and spy on me?
How can you be comfortable that Facebook can give your details to CIA when you post certain opinions that they term as oversea terrorists?
China did well in controlling their internet space.

Funny,did you know what happened to the doctor that tried to tell the world about Corona?

There are many China citizens that have disappeared cos of what they posted about the communist on their social media.

What's the difference? What are you trying to defend?

1 Like

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Btruth: 2:02pm On Apr 12, 2020
GamalNasser:

To keep pollution low
hummmm

1 Like

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by mofedamijo(m): 2:03pm On Apr 12, 2020
Gerrard59:

Please tell me how many new innovative technologies - driverless cars, electric vehicles, AI, advanced biopharmaceuticals, gene editing etc. that originated from Japan. Highest I can think of is robotics. What else again? Japan isn't as innovative as what she used to be.

stay woke bro, Japan is still leading in all spheres of technology, the tsunami was what took them back by 50 years, yet, they are still the number one most technologically advanced country..... don't mess with the japs, if you've ever been to Tokyo, Newyork and London, then you will know Japan is far ahead in technologies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by udemzyudex(m): 2:04pm On Apr 12, 2020
engrchykae:

Stop saying nonsense mister.

Feared better with the Chinese,how?

Oh cos they borrow your country more money whenever the government runs to it when though they keep embezzling it?

No need arguing with you cos you lack common sense.

So many kids on nairaland these days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by mofedamijo(m): 2:04pm On Apr 12, 2020
kayrichy:

You forgot to add up Toyota,Honda,Nissan and Mazda which are rigid enough to stand the bad state of our roads...isn’t that an innovative..

Don't mind these kids on Nairaland.....Japanese products are the best so far.

3 Likes

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by DexterousOne(m): 2:07pm On Apr 12, 2020
Nuzo1:

They didn't sir.
There's a big difference between hi-tech manufacturing and copying low end manufacturing.

To the layman, all technology na the same. But it's far from being true.

The 4 Asian tigers namely Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong and South Korea has long taken the root China is taking now. But they have long joined the league of hi-tech manufacturers over 30 years ago.

What China is doing is copying of low end manufacturing. Not inventions o. And it's not sustainable if you want to actively compete in the future.

The only difference is that that China is using it to cash out based on the huge and poor population. But it won’t be sustainable in some years to come.

Don't get me wrong, most recent OECD countries went through that phase....massive production of low end techs products. India is also going through that phase. Remember Taiwan products in the 80s?

I only wonder why African countries have not realized its the first step to development.

Rightly said

But africans are not serious

2 Likes

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Nefort: 2:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
GamalNasser:
I predicted this two weeks ago , next America will move production to India and let's see what China is
China has lots of domestic manufacturers to fill the void. So if foreign companies pull out of China it wouldn't hurt China that much. These foreign companies also needs China's large consumption market to make money. If a company pulls out of China they are also shutting themselves out of access to the huge Chinese market. Some companies might leave, but many companies will still stay because of the money to be made in China. China is here to stay and they will keep getting stronger.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Nefort: 2:37pm On Apr 12, 2020
GamalNasser:

They will certainly be billed and we all deduct from what ever we are owing them ..me sha I know America won't pay them that 1.9trillion they owe Dem again
If America refuses to pay I hope they already have other viable alternatives where they can borrow from when next they need money. China will also cancel whatever they owe the U.S as well. You think things are as easy as you have been posting?
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by GamalNasser: 2:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
Nefort:

If America refuses to pay I hope they already have other viable alternatives where they can borrow from when next they need money. China will also cancel whatever they owe the U.S as well. You think things are as easy as you have been posting?

America didn't borrow from China , the debt arose from deficit in balance of trade

1 Like

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Nefort: 2:44pm On Apr 12, 2020
GamalNasser:

America didn't borrow from China , the debt arose from deficit in balance of trade
You don't know what you are saying. Whenever the US needs money they borrow money by issuing bonds and China buys the bonds. That is how it works.

If the US refuses to pay their debt and they sell bonds again, it will harder for the US to raise the money they need if China wouldn't buy the bonds.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by pacespot(m): 2:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
redsun:

They have, but in the name of the so-called GDP and the maximization of profits for the rich, think it is more cost-effective operating in the third world where they can get away with paying workers peanuts. All in the name of maintaining astronomical profit at the expense of unemployed low skilled rednecks and immigrants. This may teach the world a good lesson of learning to share the available world resources in sustainable and equitable ways.

All the major tech companies you are seeing depend heavily on materials input from other companies in order to be in business. For instance, the tech giant, Foxxcon, is a major parts supplier for companies like Apple, HP, Toshiba, Accer, Microsoft, etc. That company is owned by a Taiwanese man, Terry GUI.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by GamalNasser: 2:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
Nefort:

You don't know what you are saying. Whenever the US needs money they borrow money by issuing bonds and China buys the bonds. That is how it works.

If the US refuses to pay their debt and they sell bonds again, it will harder for the US to raise the money they need if China wouldn't buy the bonds.

Chinese American treasury bill debt is not the way you look at it , its an intricate part of the international trade between both countries and is not as if the Americans went cap in hand to beg china to come buy treasury bill , the Chinese use Owning U.S. Treasury notes to help China's economy grow. Demand for dollar-denominated bonds raises the dollar value compared to that of the yuan. That makes Chinese exports cheaper than American-made goods, increasing sales. The U.S. consumer benefits from low consumer prices.

1 Like

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Gerrard59(m): 2:59pm On Apr 12, 2020
Seyilome:
ok thanks bro. They are too many for me to be mentionig, what bullet train. Digital camera:Cannon, Kodak,Fuji,Sony etc. Phones' camera : Sony sensor. Largest ship yard is in Japan, automobile Toyota rules the word. Did you know that Japan innovated,Walkman,MP3,DVD,CD,KAROAKE,4K and 8K resolutions all these by Sony, video games Sony and Nintendo. Japan invented Calculators and (Casio). Android robots(2003).lithium ion battery. QR code, Rice cooker.blue ray disc. Flash memory by Philips and Sony.LCD and LED display and so so so many

Those are innovative but not in this century or even within the last decade. All you mentioned are currently being done cheaper with same quality by the South Koreans. If you noticed, no gene therapy, gene editing, driverless cars, electric vehicles (the closest she has done is hydrogen powered vehicles but sales have been abysmal with subsidies) was mentioned. Regenerative medicine that she innovated, Americans are creating companies using the technology and are going faster than her. I did not state that she is not innovative but compared to the Americans and Chinese, she is no more innovating.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Nefort: 3:05pm On Apr 12, 2020
GamalNasser:

Chinese American treasury bill debt is not the way you look at it , its an intricate part of the international trade between both countries and is not as if the Americans went cap in hand to beg china to come buy treasury bill , the Chinese use Owning U.S. Treasury notes to help China's economy grow. Demand for dollar-denominated bonds raises the dollar value compared to that of the yuan. That makes Chinese exports cheaper than American-made goods, increasing sales. The U.S. consumer benefits from low consumer prices.
The bottom line is the US fully understands the implications of not paying what they owe China. So your suggestion that the US should cancel their debt with China is just laughable.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Gerrard59(m): 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2020
mofedamijo:

stay woke bro, Japan is still leading in all spheres of technology, the tsunami was what took them back by 50 years, yet, they are still the number one most technologically advanced country..... don't mess with the japs, if you've ever been to Tokyo, Newyork and London, then you will know Japan is far ahead in technologies.

That is not entirely true. In which sectors is she leading? In AI, China is competing with the Yanks in relevant paper publications in high repute journals. In gene editing, China is there. In electric vehicles, how many Japanese firms are conducting research into it? The one she is facing - hydrogen powered vehicles - is not selling even with massive subsidies by the government. Japan has huge potentials for geothermal energy but it is China that is powering research into it same with solar and wind. She pioneered regenerative medicine but the commercialisation is done by the Americans not Japanese. You mistaking the development of city with innovative nature of its entire populace. So using that, are the Emiratis innovative? Malays? Even the 5G everyone is talking about, South Koreans and Chinese are at the forefront not the Japanese. South Koreans started using 5G before the Japanese and are currently undergoing research into 6G ditto with the Chinese. Where is Japan in all these? It is a technologically advanced country but compared to her contemporaries, she is not innovating well enough. Yet again, the proportion of Japanese firms on the Fortune 500 global list and Forbes 2000 list of public companies have reduced substantially. Indian and Chinese firms are taking over.

Thanks for mentioning the maglev train technology which alongside robotics and regenerative medicine are where she has innovated.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Opinion/How-to-revive-Japanese-innovation The number one business and economy focused newspaper. Heck, even the number of patents are reducing.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by Regcode: 3:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
Personally, u prefer any product from Japan to China and every other Asia Country. This is my view I will be glad Japan soar

1 Like

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by einsteine(m): 3:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
timesup234:
You are a rookie. The Japanese economy was in deflation for over 25 years and it is still in stagnation till today.

And the same would happen to China. No Biggie. It happens to all countries that get to the number 2 position. The United Kingdom, the USSR, Japan, in that order.

China is next to suffer the slow death of deflation.
Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by einsteine(m): 3:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
engrchykae:
Even if you are south Korea,you will need defence path with USA and you pay the USA for security against your regional brothers.

This is so silly.

North Korea is an ally of China. How have they progressed?

South Korea, Mexico, Canada, Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, Israel (and even your China) are all countries that have achieved economic development by being American allies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japan To Fund Firms To Shift Production Out Of China by goaldynman(m): 3:48pm On Apr 12, 2020
engrchykae:

We know you are one of America's hater; but if you must hate, hate with sense!!

Tell us which Chinese or Russian friend that is developed and their citizens are not suffering?!

America and Western countries developed and industrialized West Germany; While East Germany that was being overrule by Russia, the citizens were starving and jumping the boundary walls to get to the West!!

South Korea which was developed by the aid of America is among the top ten economy in the world while North Korea which is China and Russia's Ally is a third world country!!

Japan which is America's Ally is the third largest economy in the world and also with high standard of living!!

If they give you South Korean or North Korean visa, you know you won't chose the latter. If they give you Japanese or Chinese naturization, I know you will rush and grab the former! So stop deceiving yourself!!

Look at the Ajaokuta steel complex that Russia is building for Nigeria for over three decades where it is! Compare it with the ones America has built in other countries like Taiwan, Singapore, etc!!

All the countries you mentioned are happy with their relationship with America! Why are you crying more than the bereaved? If not for America, China would have invaded Taiwan; but they Dare not!

You are one of those who thinks developing nuclear weapons is all there is to life!! Where will the nuclear weapon North Korea and Iran is seeking lead them if not self-destruction?!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Burundi President Pierre Nkurunziza Died Of COVID-19 Disease - Medics / Sadaf Deen Contesting In Kenyan Elections (Photos) / Man Receives Formal Warning From UK Government Regarding Social Media Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.