Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,306 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 (47393 Views)

Lagos Distributes 1500 Sterilising Kits To Barbers, Cosmetologists (photos) / Covid-19: Alibaba Group Donates 1.1 Milion Test Kits To African Countries / Jack Ma Helps Africa Fight Coronavirus. Donates Masks, Test Kits To African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by Goalnaldo(m): 8:51pm On Apr 12, 2020
ugwum007:
[b][/b]

If it is not backed with a tremendous amount of data, it is bound to behave like these since it will be based on structural and procedural paradigm.

Incooperating ML supervised learning approach with reinforcement to the platform would have done a lot of good but like I said, it will be data intensive.
I don't think that there is any covid 19 related data with respect to the platform available for now.
okay boss
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by kayusely70(m): 8:53pm On Apr 12, 2020
Nice Idea
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by Melezenawii: 8:53pm On Apr 12, 2020
Just Visited the Site. Took the test and Passed. Also the has a live worldwide stats on C-19

Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by scantee(m): 8:53pm On Apr 12, 2020
Jack500:
I know they must be yorubas, anything tech in Nigeria is Yoruba.

How sure are you about this? Not to sound tribal here, but make research before you come to a conclusion, for your info i head tech department in one of the biggest Telecom companies in Nigeria, Easterners infact runs most of the network architectural plans and implementations

So every tribe is represented in every profession, good or bad
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by felibrain: 8:54pm On Apr 12, 2020
This was copied from USA but in a very poor way as there's no much data. It's a good start but needs a lot of development. For now, this cannot be relied upon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by Idzitari1(m): 8:56pm On Apr 12, 2020
Happy Easter Nairalanders, sorry to ask but have to. My last month salary wasn't pay, believe it or don't but that's the truth. this lock down affected everything, need ur assistance no matter how small pls just want to survive haven't eating since. God bless u all. Access bank 1243145486
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by tammie24: 8:56pm On Apr 12, 2020
Praxtech:

his real moniker is felicity0001
I'm curious though

How do you know the person with that moniker a is behind these?

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by Marine54(m): 8:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
Tobinrobin:

Audio because they’re Nigerians and Africans. But people like you would gladly hail it had it been it was foreigners. Pathetic
Trust me, you'll never hear it again after this....
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by Gospelchinonso(m): 9:00pm On Apr 12, 2020
Nigerians are doing well, recently found out that another Nigerian has developed an app for testing coronavirus. See the thread here https://www.nairaland.com/5789724/nigerian-launches-covid-19-mobile-app
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by Sososo(f): 9:01pm On Apr 12, 2020
Wow wow wow
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by mrkings84(m): 9:02pm On Apr 12, 2020
You are sick.
You feel symptoms of covid19.
You go on self isolation...
After many days/weeks the symptoms increases and you health deteriorating...
Then you contact ncdc....
By this time it's already too late..

Men, you are worsening the situation. Why do u want to increase the number of deaths associated with covid19 in Nigeria?

Let's do the right thing by contacting authorities once you feel any slightess symptoms.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by afolabiDGreat(m): 9:08pm On Apr 12, 2020
contactmorak:
A group of Nigerian Youths, involving Folarin Alabi who is the team lead, David Adeyemi (global award-winning innovator), Lanre Adetoro (outstanding student with ground breaking medical research), Joshua Alele-Beals and AbdulAzeez Adeoti (top software developers in Bowen University and Obafemi Awolowo University respectively) have devised a means to help tackle the ongoing global pandemic, COVID-19.

Bothered by the menace of the pandemic gradually halting the world, the team of Nigerian youths have developed a ground-breaking deviceful innovation and palliative measure towards the fight against the notorious COVID-19 in the form of a digital diagnostic and tracking kit accessible via the official website https://covidinfo.me/

This platform will basically help anyone to test themselves from the comfort of their home to see if they are at risk of COVID—19 or not.

To access informations, users are required to visit the platform, select the "Take Test" option which leads to series of point based questions expected to be answered and submitted.

After the test, their COVID 19 risk factors, critical steps and necessary precautions to take will be assigned to them.

Users with high risk factors are advised to self-isolate, alongside other precautions offered.

If after observing the prescribed days for self-isolation the user still experiences discomfort or worse condition, they will be required to click the "Get Help" button on the page and fill all necessary details.

This submitted documents will be immediately reviewed by the 24hour service personnels and then the NCDC or relevant health agencies will be contacted for drastic approaches.

According to one of the team members, David Adeyemi, team is looking for potential supports and collaborations with the government and other interested bodies to bring the best out of this project.

"We want serve as the middle men between this people and the agencies so that tests, tracking and diagnosis will be easier, faster and more effective via the site https://covidinfo.me/ ",said David.

"This project was also made possible with the mentorship support and assistance from Dr Freeman Osonuga who got the 2014 Time Magazine Person of the Year and Meritorious Service Award from President Bai Ernest Koroma of Sierra Leone for his humanitarian mission to Sierra Leone in the wake of the Ebola epidemic.

We the young folks were determined to prove that the Youth is the leader of today and not tomorrow, nor can we sit and watch, which is why we decided to create a system that would help close the communication gap between relevant agencies and the Nigerian people by passing out nearly typically accurate data using informations gotten from WHO, NCDC, Medscape and other health agencies to members of the public about the ongoing pandemic by helping victims in knowing their risk factors, get follow up precautions and also track infected persons", Adeyemi expanciated.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2020/04/how-5-nigerian-youths-are-helping-to.html?m=1
those guy have my marks keep it up guys we need more innovation
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by naijaboy756: 9:13pm On Apr 12, 2020
This na questionnaire na

We are looking for real apps not an online form for data collection and analysis
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 12, 2020
Questionnaire website. Make una continue o. Groundbreaking indeed.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by letitrainnow(m): 9:16pm On Apr 12, 2020
Good
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by annyz: 9:21pm On Apr 12, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Absolute nonsense
This looks like a mere data collection and analysis by giving us a link

Fuckkking questionnaire
Na so phishing take dey start o

Sure on this
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by humilitypays(m): 9:25pm On Apr 12, 2020
WandaNara:

You're a shameless and very local tribalist.

I spit on your bald head.

I'm proudly a Yoruba boy just so you know.
he is your Yoruba brother who goes about making inciting comments in the disguise of being Igbo to cause gullible Yoruba people like u to hate Igbos for no reason.

Wise up, his username alone ought to tell you that he is your Yoruba brother. You ought to be smarter and also help advice your brothers to shun tribal hate against Igbos who have done nothing to Yorubas

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by InvertedHammer: 9:25pm On Apr 12, 2020
/
Good try!

But what if people refuse to use the App?
Or they choose to answer the questions in a way that suits them?

Don't forget the A-holes called trolls.

The best test is still testing the patient. Subjective questionnaires are good for random sampling and survey. It is only a guide not a test.

\

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by Nairalandmonika: 9:25pm On Apr 12, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Absolute nonsense
This looks like a mere data collection and analysis by giving us a link

Fuckkking questionnaire
Na so phishing take dey start o

I surprise o, online testing kit. If they actually built an online testing kit, then they should give them a noble peace Price

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by blessochampion(m): 9:27pm On Apr 12, 2020
To think this guys just took a demo here https://www.amcharts.com/demos/corona-virus-animated-dashboard/

is Just disturbing really.
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by Nairalandmonika: 9:29pm On Apr 12, 2020
ugwum007:
[b][/b]

If it is not backed with a tremendous amount of data, it is bound to behave like these since it will be based on structural and procedural paradigm.

Incooperating ML supervised learning approach with reinforcement to the platform would have done a lot of good but like I said, it will be data intensive.
I don't think that there is any covid 19 related data with respect to the platform available for now.
There are many covid 19 related data online o, if u are into data science u can go to kaggle.com, download such data and make analysis.
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by LegalOpinion: 9:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
This is simply questions and answer session. There is no helpful innovation here.
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by Nairalandmonika: 9:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
Jeromejnr:
Nairaland Atheists will come and claim them as atheists.
U seems so upset with atheist. For you mind now u think this is innovation. For ordinary questionnaire website we Dem build.
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by ugwum007(m): 9:41pm On Apr 12, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

There are many covid 19 related data online o, if u are into data science u can go to kaggle.com, download such data and make analysis.

Data relating to Africa (Nigeria)
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by Nairalandmonika: 9:45pm On Apr 12, 2020
ugwum007:

Data relating to Africa (Nigeria)
Nah, most Nigeria case sef be like scam, especially that second Delta case, it happened in my area. The man has been sick since last year.
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:49pm On Apr 12, 2020
Braveryy:
Nice app (sorry web)

Would be nicer as an app.
Something like what ladies use to track their menstrual period.

(Sha, not as sophisticated as I thought after going through their test questions. Any IT guy can create this "questionnaire"wink I'm not hating.

Unfortunately, " any IT guy" failed to create this "questionnaire" but these beautiful young lads did ! It won't cost you anything to say just a simple "well done guys". Criticism is good ,especially ,when it comes from a position of better knowledge but not just made to discourage beautiful innovation like this one.

You owe those brilliant guys a " sorry" for the hateful comment you passed against their sweat.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by imustsaymymindo: 9:50pm On Apr 12, 2020
ugwum007:
[b][/b]

Well, I guess something is wrong with the code if he selected no throughout and it gave him high risk. There is no need for ML for that. It's a simple test with yes or no where results can be assigned to an array of all 10 combinations. So a no throughout would give something like {no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no,no} = Low risk.
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by ugwum007(m): 9:51pm On Apr 12, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Nah, most Nigeria case sef be like scam, especially that second Delta case, it happened in my area. The man has been sick since last year.

Lol.... That is where we are today.
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by Samsondgr8t(m): 9:53pm On Apr 12, 2020
Wow I love this.
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by xjiggy: 9:56pm On Apr 12, 2020
If no be your blood dem test for antigens or antibodies, forget. All these innovations na ordinary questionnaire
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by JimD(m): 9:56pm On Apr 12, 2020
Lol. Nice idea but shoddy execution... There are many web apps that already do this. Its a positive one nonetheless. But the headline is too misleading.
Re: 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 by Dnonso22: 10:03pm On Apr 12, 2020
I wonder how people rush to condemn things., I read and was happy then had to visit the platform to see, Well they did a nice job according to their abilities and knowledge maybe due to little resources..

Kudos!!!! More Grace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Tramadol Destroyed My Life / Chinese Doctors Remove 13Kg Of Stuck Poo From Man's Bowel After 22 Years / Nigerian Man Washes His Hands, Drinks The Water In Viral Video (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.