Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

- - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / - (8785 Views)

Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs / Onitsha Should Be Carved Out Of Anambra State / Model Of Proposed Flyover And Pedestrian Bridges At Pen Cinema, Agege (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

- by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 12, 2020

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: - by FatherBona: 9:26pm On Apr 12, 2020
Trash

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 12, 2020
I wanted to condemn the move but looking at the map it's not bad at all though it won't fly.

2 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 12, 2020
Re: - by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 12, 2020
Maps everywhere.
Re: - by oneda(m): 12:39am On Apr 13, 2020
That's effectively taking the Waterfronts and the oil from Akwa Ibom Kai!

Somebody want the oyel all to himself now

7 Likes

Re: - by YungMillionaire: 1:29am On Apr 13, 2020
What about the Igbos of AK and Rivers states?

1 Like

Re: - by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 13, 2020
Re: - by Nobody: 8:14am On Apr 13, 2020
Re: - by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 13, 2020

3 Likes

Re: - by Adaogwashi1(f): 9:01am On Apr 13, 2020
kingso96:
To you it is trash , but it's not trash to those that are feeling the pinch . You don't think those guys have the right to agitate for their own state if they feel marginalized. Wasn't akwa ibom and rivers created as a result of feeling marginalized? I think it's high time the FG look into either new state creations that was started by GEJ or still have 36 states but realign different states . For example , either create Anioma state or join anioma to anambra state ,etc.
Join Anioma to Anambra shocked for waiting? Are you joking or what? shocked no be only to join Anioma to Anambra but to north too.

I still remain Ada ogwashi cool
Re: - by nokatakata: 9:08am On Apr 13, 2020
OBOLO KOR OBO TUTU NI

2 Likes

Re: - by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 13, 2020
kingso96:
To you it is trash , but it's not trash to those that are feeling the pinch . You don't think those guys have the right to agitate for their own state if they feel marginalized. Wasn't akwa ibom and rivers created as a result of feeling marginalized? I think it's high time the FG look into either new state creations that was started by GEJ or still have 36 states but realign different states . For example , either create Anioma state or join anioma to anambra state ,etc.

You are not serious.

Anambra doesn't need any state to be joined to them...

Stop writing nonsense if you don't know geography.
Re: - by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 13, 2020

1 Like

Re: - by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 13, 2020
Re: - by Nobody: 10:00am On Apr 13, 2020
kingso96:
fine . but one state needs to be created from igbo land . either anioma state or Adada state . chose one

None
Re: - by Blackking98(m): 10:01am On Apr 13, 2020
kingso96:
Saw this on facebook.
How true ?

spambot won't let me post the link
Lol, cute but it's not going to happen
Re: - by Blue3k(m): 10:06am On Apr 13, 2020
kingso96:
Saw this on facebook.
How true ?

It's all talk until the go to their representatives to get a vote done. Even then the national assembly has to approve it. It's doubtful they will because they dont want to change allocation or create unviable states. The steps are simple but nobody does the work because it's just day dreaming.

An Act of the National Assembly for the purpose of creating a new State shall only be passed if-

(a) a request, supported by at least two-thirds majority of members (representing the area demanding the creation of the new State) in each of the following, namely -

(i) the Senate and the House of Representatives,

(ii) the House of Assembly in respect of the area, and

(iii) the local government councils in respect of the area, is received by the National Assembly;

(b) a proposal for the creation of the State is thereafter approved in a referendum by at least two-thirds majority of the people of the area where the demand for creation of the State originated;

(c) the result of the referendum is then approved by a simple majority of all the States of the Federation supported by a simple majority of members of the Houses of Assembly; and

(d) the proposal is approved by a resolution passed by two-thirds majority of members of each House of the National Assembly.

2 Likes

Re: - by Adaogwashi1(f): 10:06am On Apr 13, 2020
kingso96:
do you prefer Anioma state or Delta state? one state must be created from East.
If it is Anioma state expected but to with Anambra state is a big NO.

Re: - by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 13, 2020
You create a state for one tribe. Issokay.

2 Likes

Re: - by TheMohican(m): 10:10am On Apr 13, 2020
kingso96:

Anioma state is long over due
Re: - by Okwyjesus(m): 10:10am On Apr 13, 2020
The North has finished creating stars to their favour when others were in Isolation. They can never allow an amendment

1 Like

Re: - by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 13, 2020

1 Like

Re: - by TheMohican(m): 10:13am On Apr 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

You are not serious.

Anambra doesn't need any state to be joined to them...

Stop writing nonsense if you don't know geography.

He has a point, parts of Anambra are also in the Anioma cluster, there was a time when they wanted to remove Onitsha and add to the proposed Anioma state.

All the same I feel the government should create an Anioma state, we need a sixth Southeastern state
Re: - by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 13, 2020
Adaogwashi1:
If it is Anioma state expected but to with Anambra state is a big NO.

Instead of you should thank God. You're here making noise. Lol.
Re: - by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 13, 2020
TheMohican:

He has a point, parts of Anambra are also in the Anioma cluster, there was a time when they wanted to remove Onitsha and add to the proposed Anioma state.

All the same I feel the government should create an Anioma state, we need a sixth Southeastern state

Nothing like that.

Stop wasting your time please.

1 Like

Re: - by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 13, 2020
TheMohican:

Do you think it is wise to join Anioma to the South East, with the obvious negligence from the federal level towards the area?
Re: - by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 13, 2020
kingso96:
I wish i could post the link here , but the spambot won't allow link . it's from facebook, some house of representatives members were discussing it .

House of Reps wetin?
Re: - by TheMohican(m): 10:29am On Apr 13, 2020
iSlayer2:

Do you think it is wise to join Anioma to the South East, with the obvious negligence from the federal level towards the area?

Yes, I do, the south east is still one of the most productive states in the country, nonetheless, Anioma would be an oil producting state, so it wouldn't matter as the state would still get higher allocations than other states
Re: - by Adaogwashi1(f): 10:33am On Apr 13, 2020
iSlayer2:

Instead of you should thank God. You're here making noise. Lol.

Thank God for what?in case you don't know Onitsha will and must join Anioma state when the time come

Re: - by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 13, 2020
TheMohican:

Yes, I do, the south east is still one of the most productive states in the country, nonetheless, Anioma would be an oil producting state, so it wouldn't matter as the state would still get higher allocations than other states

Okay. Not bad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CJN Hails Osinbajo Over Financial Autonomy For Judiciary / Kaduna Residents Groan As Black Marketers Sell Petrol At ₦1,000/Litre / PVC: Tinubu Not Responsible For Attack On Ndigbo In Lagos — Chinedu Ogah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.