Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

- - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / - (8824 Views)

Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs / Onitsha Should Be Carved Out Of Anambra State / Model Of Proposed Flyover And Pedestrian Bridges At Pen Cinema, Agege (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: - by TheMohican(m): 11:40am On Apr 13, 2020
Eteka1:
So you want to stylishly carry away all the oil in that area to a new entity? Una never see anything.

South East Igbos are already making millions from oil exploration, amalgamating Anioma would not mean benefit the south east, it's about kinship, all Igbos should be in the same region, it would foster greater Igbo unity, anambra and imo are already oil producting states BTW, not everything is about oil.

1 Like

Re: - by nextdoor84(m): 11:43am On Apr 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

I know kwale in and out..

From their market to schools and winners chapel and the rest though the place is still developing.

Kwale are of two patterns known as the Igbophilic and Igbo phobic.

Now note that the Igbo phobic are minority but louder few..

Igbo philic are quite much and most importantly the aged population there will Conveniently there tell you they are igbo.....

The other are just the elites few who capitalises on the fortune of what the denial has gained for them to propagate it more and these class are more of middle generation but not all.

Then development is still bit far from them though having up to 7 or thereabouts oil companies.

Wow! What an insight. Thanks for this piece MelesZenawi. Deep.
Re: - by TheMohican(m): 11:44am On Apr 13, 2020
Eteka1:
So you want to stylishly carry away all the oil in that area to a new entity? Una never see anything.

Look at this, Anioma is one of the most populated and important places in Delta but okowa is the first Igbo governor in the state.
Re: - by TheMohican(m): 11:47am On Apr 13, 2020
Adaogwashi1:
Don't say what you don't know, I have friends from kwale who accept Igbo.

I know what I'm saying, among all the Anioma people, kwale tend to deny being igbo
Re: - by TheMohican(m): 11:48am On Apr 13, 2020
joshjc:
I'm not igbo

@Adaogwashi1 case in view
Re: - by nextdoor84(m): 11:50am On Apr 13, 2020
joshjc:
I'm not igbo,

Neither am I! I am proudly an Ekpeye man and ruggedly Igboidphilic (No apologies whatsoever).
I am a strong believer in the pan-igboid project.

1 Like

Re: - by joshjc(m): 11:54am On Apr 13, 2020
nextdoor84:

Neither am I! I am proudly an Ekpeye man and ruggedly Igboidphilic (No apologies whatsoever).
I am a strong believer in the pan-igboid project.
we don't even share similar culture and dressing with them,they are just trying to grab our land because of the resources in it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: - by gidgiddy: 11:55am On Apr 13, 2020
Obolo state? Never heard of this one. I can understand Ibeno and Oron in the same state but Im not sure Andoni should be there
Re: - by TheMohican(m): 11:59am On Apr 13, 2020
joshjc:
we don't even share similar culture and dressing with them,they are just trying to grab our land because of the resources in it

Which resources??
Re: - by joshjc(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2020
TheMohican:

Which resources??
natural resources

1 Like 1 Share

Re: - by nextdoor84(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2020
joshjc:

Lols @grab your land! But someone just pointed out that there are people (in the majority) that are igbophilic in your area. Are you from the border towns with the Isokos and Urhobos? Please would like to know what you guys call money and the standard greetings you guys use.

Thanks.
Re: - by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 13, 2020
nextdoor84:

Wow! What an insight. Thanks for this piece MelesZenawi. Deep.

Smilling you are welcome.

That's why I have drift for the delta area side more and more than Rivers state. If really there should be consideration they really deserve it. I have told those arguing here and igbos to forget Rivers and focus more on this axis because the positivity will be 80%. Even in kwale if they understand you also from other Igbo speaking parts, they will speak Igbo and communicate with you no matter how it sounds and looks.

That's why I hardly argue much on their side because I have first hand Info of situations there.

1 Like

Re: - by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
nextdoor84:

Lols @grab your land! But someone just pointed out that there are people (in the majority) that are igbophilic in your area. Are you from the border towns with the Isokos and Urhobos? Please would like to know what you guys call money and the standard greetings you guys use.

Thanks.

Money is ego..market eke, orie, and so on. There biggest market is Eke market. leave that boy he is just been Economical with the truth....King is Obi of kwale...streets are Ogbe...Number counting same just slight deviation.

Those nearer to Isoko even places like Abbi still answers name like Onyekachukwu, Ifeanyi and even has surnames like Ojukwu..

2 Likes

Re: - by joshjc(m): 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
nextdoor84:

Thanks.
my village is surrounded by isoko communities my mother's grandmother was from there too,and same thing with my dad and many others in my community

1 Like 1 Share

Re: - by nextdoor84(m): 12:13pm On Apr 13, 2020
joshjc:
my village is surrounded by isoko communities my mother's grandmother was from there too,and same thing with my dad and many others in my community

Oh I see then! More reason why you are igbophobic.
Most people on the border towns tend to have dual loyalty worldwide. This is massively due to migration and intermarriages. So I understand!!

2 Likes

Re: - by nextdoor84(m): 12:14pm On Apr 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Money is ego..market eke, orie, and so on. There biggest market is Eke market. leave that boy he is just been Economical with the truth....King is Obi of kwale...streets are Ogbe...Number counting same just slight deviation.

Those nearer to Isoko even places like Abbi still answers name like Onyekachukwu, Ifeanyi and even has surnames like Ojukwu..

Another masterpiece from you! This is your terrain obviously.
Re: - by gidgiddy: 12:17pm On Apr 13, 2020
kingso96:
Maybe they need to find a neutral name like Oronbolo state or atlantic state ,something like that. saying Oron state or Obolo state won't fly

Maybe it should be called Oyono State
Re: - by Blackking98(m): 12:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
kingso96:
You might not like it maybe because it doesn't favour you.
The people in those proposed States are not complaining and welcome the development.
Your state was also once proposed and agitated for.
I'm from the proposed state you speak of and it's not feasible really, ikot Abasi divides ibeno from eastern obolo, ibeno people aren't even agitating because they're ibibios, those agitating but not serious about it are the Oro people, we give Dem the governorship which they yearn so much for and they'll calm down, thirdly u can't name a State after a minority when clearly obolo is just two lgas while Oro is 5, that's where fight will start. So yes it's cute but no possible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by gidgiddy: 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2020
Blackking98:

I'm from the proposed state you speak of and it's not feasible really, ikot Abasi divides ibeno from eastern obolo, ibeno people aren't even agitating because they're ibibios, those agitating but not serious about it are the Oro people, we give Dem the governorship which they yearn so much for and they'll calm down, thirdly u can't name a State after a minority when clearly obolo is just two lgas while Oro is 5, that's where fight will start. So yes it's cute but no possible

Ikot Abasi, Ibeno, Oron. Andoni should not be there
Re: - by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
Blackking98:

Just rotate Governorship for them. They will shut up.
Re: - by Blackking98(m): 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
gidgiddy:

Ikot Abasi, Ibeno, Oron. Andoni should not be there
it's just dream's as such a state isn't possible, ibeno is ibibio so that can't fly to start with, Oro just want govenorship and they know it. If Rivers State minorities want a new state they should look for it alone instead of dragging we Akwa ibomites into Their thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: - by Blackking98(m): 12:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Just rotate Governorship for them. They will shut up.
exactly my point
Re: - by joshjc(m): 12:29pm On Apr 13, 2020
nextdoor84:

Oh I see then! More reason why you are igbophobic.
Most people on the border towns tend to have dual loyalty worldwide. This is massively due to migration and intermarriages. So I understand!!
it's not about border town,it's about having your own identity,not having someone forcing he's culture on you because of certain similarities

1 Like 1 Share

Re: - by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
m
Re: - by mabea: 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
joshjc:
This is a kind of mindset that deters people from making progress. So if you identify as Igbo your lands and your oil will be grabbed. Just like saying that Enugu and Ebonyi are grabbing the lands and oils in Imo, Anambra and Abia states. Do you know that that same oil in your land is being explored by the Igbo's and others as well and yet they want to grab your land and oil. You people better wake up because even in your so called state you're still discriminated at as being Igbos.
Re: - by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
Re: - by gidgiddy: 12:35pm On Apr 13, 2020
kingso96:
what language is that?

Ibibio
Re: - by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 13, 2020
o.
Re: - by Donice01: 12:53pm On Apr 13, 2020
Updates on the ongoing railway project in Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBedfQ9mWik

1 Like 1 Share

Re: - by Bundaweber: 1:10pm On Apr 13, 2020
Mtcheeeeeww!!! one would think that the Corona virus would have opened our eyes to the fact that we need a viable/ autonomous local government system instead some persons are talking about multiple state creation. States that will start seeking bail out up and down and become massively indebted . Una never serious to develop this country
Re: - by Blackking98(m): 1:10pm On Apr 13, 2020
kingso96:
Ibeno is not ibibio man. the portion containing ibibio is not included in the map. Ibeno majority are Obolo or Andoni .
Andoni is another name for Obolo. so in Rivers there 's Andoni local government and in Akwa ibom there's Eastern Obolo. nothing like Western Obolo.
who would prefer governorship over having their own state ? all the states that split before , was there no governors from those areas that split?
las las all tribes want their own independence, and that's how it was before and that's how it's suppose to be or merge with like tribes and no dominance from any tribe . again just because it doesn't favor you

as for the name ,I think a neutral name should be chosen like Atlantic state or Orobolo state because Obolo state doesn't fly with Oron and Oron state doesn't fly with Obolo.
which portion etteh was carved out etteh? What language do they speak? What names do they answer?you're not even an Akwa ibomite cuz if you were you'd know ibeno and obolo are different. Please stop deceiving yourself with this beautiful mirage, are you from Akwa Ibom? I doubt as you don't know the internal politics of out State and as such you're commenting like a typical visitor. However it's not going to fly like I said. Can we bet on that? If Rivers minorities want their state they should look for it instead of dragging us into their mirrage.
Re: - by Eastlink(m): 1:32pm On Apr 13, 2020
kingso96:
North is agitating for 4 or 5 more states ( Kaduna south comes to mind) . South east either 1 or 2 (Adada or Anioma)
You’re asking the Igbos to choose one between Anioma and Adada? Are you aware that the Igbo delegates in the last SNC submitted names of future states.
1. Anioma
2. Njaba
3. Orashi
4. Adada
5. Aba
And among these the most viable are Anioma, Njaba and Aba in that other. Sorry to say this, Adada is the least in terms of landmass and economic viable but if they add up the Benue Igbos then they’ll measure up in size.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EXPOSED!! Rauf Aregbesola's Educational Qualification Is WAEC / EndSARS Aftermath: Insurers Pay ₦11 Billion Claims On Damages / Court Nullifies PDP Gubernatorial Primary In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.